The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
eugarps

The Dropbox link seems to be broken. Could I get a mirror/email ([email protected])with the files? Thank you
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:20 AM
Volt-Ikazuchi

Just curious here, I would need to use ASM to block players from challenging certain trainers (Gym Leaders, Rivals) with pokémons above a certain level, right?
What if I need to block items during a certain battle?

I'm just starting out, so I wanted to make my first hack more simple to understand mapping and scripting better, but if I need ASM to get some level and item caps then I'll have to learn it as well.

Thanks for the tutorial, looks very interesting, I'll definitely read it later.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:27 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt-Ikazuchi View Post
Just curious here, I would need to use ASM to block players from challenging certain trainers (Gym Leaders, Rivals) with pokémons above a certain level, right?
What if I need to block items during a certain battle?

I'm just starting out, so I wanted to make my first hack more simple to understand mapping and scripting better, but if I need ASM to get some level and item caps then I'll have to learn it as well.

Thanks for the tutorial, looks very interesting, I'll definitely read it later.
For blocking players from challenging certain trainers depending on party pokemon level you need some asm, but it's just function calls, nothing down and dirty.

For the item one, you'd need a battle script (look up Jambo's battle script tutorial/tool). Though admittedly, battle scripts are also very technical P:

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
- PokeDex hack fixes
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:48 AM
Volt-Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
For blocking players from challenging certain trainers depending on party pokemon level you need some asm, but it's just function calls, nothing down and dirty.

For the item one, you'd need a battle script (look up Jambo's battle script tutorial/tool). Though admittedly, battle scripts are also very technical P:
Really? That's great news!

Mind to elaborate what asm routines I would need to do the level caps?
I really don't want to go in blind and break the game.
And are you saying that locking the items mid-battle require just some scripting? Can it be done in XSE or would I need Jambo's tool?

Thanks for the answers. Really helped.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:11 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt-Ikazuchi View Post
Really? That's great news!

Mind to elaborate what asm routines I would need to do the level caps?
I really don't want to go in blind and break the game.
And are you saying that locking the items mid-battle require just some scripting? Can it be done in XSE or would I need Jambo's tool?

Thanks for the answers. Really helped.
Sure, for the prevention of player challenging trainers, it's 90% handled by the trainer script.

I would do this:
Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x4011 0x[max level of trainer]
callasm 0x[asm that returns max pokemon level in party]
compare 0x4001 LASTRESULT
if > jump @ignore
trainerbattle 0x0 0xID 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @afterwards
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @ignore
msgbox @noThanks
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @noThanks
= Sorry, you wouldn't be a\nchallenge to me!

#org @intro
= Battle started, say something

#org @defeat
= defeat text

#org @afterwards
= Nice battle.
For the item blocking, I have no idea. I think Jambo's tutorial on Battle scripts covers it iirc.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
- PokeDex hack fixes
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links