Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 5th, 2011 (01:02 PM).
clacla$$$
Back in business ~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to clacla$$$
How do you make the people give you a pokemon for free?
Hello, I'm Clacla, Assistant Admin on The Legacy, clacla$$$ here on PC, and Clacla on PHO and TPW. If you want, come and join the new and improved Legacy, where you can meet new people, and just have a good time.
Credits for Volcaron Art
Old February 6th, 2011 (06:40 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
for free ?? just use the givepokemon command, making them give it to u with money would be harder, you'ld have to use, checkmoney, paymoney, and give pokemon, with the flags, and variables, and the works !!!!!

Old February 6th, 2011 (03:19 PM).
avengerr
Beginning Trainer

nice tutorial but i didnt understand the offset
Old February 7th, 2011 (05:55 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

ok basic description of offset:

lets say you have a book, and u read it. Well u read a very gd paragraph, and you want to tell a friend where it is. how would u tell him. you would say the page number, and paragraph number on that page. That's an offset. Every peice of information un the game, whether the pokemon's image, or a script..... is located at a specififc offset. So if in the game, a wild beedrill appears, the game knows that tyhe pokemon's picture is at ???????, that being the pokemon's offset, so it goes there, and pulls up the sprite, and displays it on the screen. well a script is similar. lets say you want a certain script (Event), to take place when you step on a certain tile. You would assign an offest to that tile, so the game knows that the script you want to be activated at this tile is at the said offset. So at the beginning of the script, you write

#dynamic 0x??????

where the ?????? is the offset, and XSE inserts this script at that offset, then in advance map, you click on the event, lets say person event, and in the offset box, type in the said offset, so when you talk to this guy, the event takes place.

but offsets already exist, and at some offset (knowing that they are adresses), there might not be any space, so you can't just put any offset, there is a certain program that looks for an offset with a certain amount of space available. that programs is FSF. open it, open your rom in it. then in the needed bytes box, type in the number os bytes you need for your script, (bytes being a storage quantity unit), but for script, you best keep that the exact way it is, 64, then hit search, then copy, and paste it in XSE.................

wooohhh......... i hope you understood

Old February 10th, 2011 (02:40 AM).
avengerr
Beginning Trainer

ok so i downloaded an overworld sprite that i downloaded from the net how can i insert it
Old February 10th, 2011 (06:13 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

uhhh....you have permission to insert it to a hack.?????? anyways.........use NSE......open it........load the rom.......go to the OW you want to replace............look for a palette that is not usefull.... like one tht is all black or some other color..or the colors in it seem to have no use in other ows......now change all the colors in the palette to match the ones of your ow.....and hit file....import....bitmap....and.......browse for your Ow...vwalla...if you don't know how to edit the palette.....go to the tutorial.......

Old February 10th, 2011 (05:20 PM). Edited February 10th, 2011 by avengerr.
avengerr
Beginning Trainer

what if it was like this attachment
and thanks for all the help and this amazing tutorial
Attached Images
File Type: gif overworldblack0ce.gif‎ (828 Bytes, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 12th, 2011 (06:03 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

you r welcome... and you can't just insert that whole thing........ break it up.....and when you open the OW you want to replace.....change the thing that says index...its next to the palette....... and when you reach the OW looking left...replace it with your OW looking left... and so on till all indexes are inserted......you have to try it a lot to become good at it........

Old February 17th, 2011 (05:11 AM).
RubADubBlub
The Blub Trainer

Thanks for The Tutorial,

This will help me with my New Hack Pokemon Light Vs Darkness
Old February 17th, 2011 (07:45 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

gd luck man
i hope u undertsand and benefit
if you need help with understanding smth post it....k ???

Old February 26th, 2011 (07:45 PM).
Eternal Child
Innocent(pitiful) Child

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Yahoo to Eternal Child
Would you mind me copying a script I'm working on into the thread?(Or send it to you some other way, whatever you might prefer) I'm trying to create something here, but every time I try the script the game freezes. I was hoping you might be able to glance at it and tell me what is wrong.
Old March 1st, 2011 (06:32 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

yeah sure...post away.....lol....i'd love to help.......

Old March 11th, 2011 (07:03 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

ok guys, for the tile insertion problem, you can use photoshop to save the palette as act file, so that prob of the tileset getting all wrong when you import the palette to advance map will be gone, because advance mapapperently doesn't support pal files, or you could use character maker, yougotta buy photoshop, so download character maker, google it, cause i downloaded it and lost the link...lol....hope this helps,,,oh and it is in a weird lang, not available in english, so i will explain how to use it, the background color has to be white, cause it places white as the first color in the palette once exported, save the palette as 16 color bit map, indexed, and drag the file to the program's work area (do not use file--> open, cause it rarely works), and next to the palette, there is a button with a downward arrow, hit that, and choose the file type to be act, and save the palette, now go on with the steps mentioned above...lol....hope this helps....

Old March 12th, 2011 (06:27 AM).
SKRoy
Pokémon Hacker

This is good...
But maby you can make more screenshots or give examples..?
Old March 13th, 2011 (08:20 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

i really don't have time, i wrote this tutorial in the summer, when i had time for this stuff, i only have time to answer quesions these days, so if you have any, i will be very happy to help..lol...

Old May 2nd, 2011 (03:30 PM).
Cao Pi
Beginning Trainer

Hey I'm new around here and have no experience in any type of modding or hacking but I would love to learn. I have a computer than runs on Windows Vista and I am very eager to learning how to make my own hacked game. My first qustion is when I get an emulater it says I need to unzip it but I don't have a program downloaded in order to unzip it and I don't want to have to pay for a program unless its entirely necessary. Is there any way to do this without paying a ton of money or just finding something that doesn't need to be unzipped?
Old May 3rd, 2011 (11:42 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

basically everything on the net is zipped, cause its easier to upload rather than havking to create a multi session setup or just a setup, just download Winrar to unzip it, its free, google it.

Old May 5th, 2011 (06:01 AM).
grooveshark
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
Thank-you for this, I really appreciate all of the effort you've put into this tutorial. I was wondering if the Link for the toolbox is dead, I can't download it! >.<
Old May 5th, 2011 (11:59 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

yeah, for some reason it is, but just google the tools in the list (except XSE and Unlz, download the newest ones from HackMew's ToolBox here on PC, you might accidentally get an old version if you google it.

Old June 5th, 2011 (02:00 AM).
ZxC Mirai
Huh?

Nature: Timid
CAN YOU HELP ME AT THIS I GOT A LITTLE PROBLEM LOOK AT MY SCREENSHOT
Attached Images
File Type: png question.PNG‎ (194.8 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 6th, 2011 (02:25 AM).
pokegear2

I'm sorry if i'm asking in a wrong place..
but i need help..

how do you change the battle background?

I just need that "grass" from hgss.. because it looks cool..
Please teach me step by step and if possible.. give some screenshot too X(
Old June 6th, 2011 (08:59 AM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by UnForgiven*:
CAN YOU HELP ME AT THIS I GOT A LITTLE PROBLEM LOOK AT MY SCREENSHOT
and the problem being ?

Quote originally posted by pokegear2:
I'm sorry if i'm asking in a wrong place..
but i need help..

how do you change the battle background?

I just need that "grass" from hgss.. because it looks cool..
Please teach me step by step and if possible.. give some screenshot too X(
well i can change the battle background, but haven't in so much time, that i've forgotten how. . sorry. its not too hard. all you need are the right tools, and the tutorial back at PHO (which is closed down due to modification and what not).

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL HACKERS, I HAVE COMPLETELY QUIT HACKING. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, BUT NO MORE QUESTIONS HERE

That being said, if you're wondering what became of my hacking projects, the answer is, i resigned as leader, and made the three most worthy hackers i know as leaders. The legacy is no leaded by Anbuja's_BlooDY, Pokemon Legends by r0bert (if he agrees, he still hasn't answered me), and project Irida by ShadowMrk (also if he agrees)

Old August 11th, 2011 (09:08 AM).
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Tanx god you are here... you made my day!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links