Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page BW008 - Darumakka and Hihidaruma? (Japanese Spoilers)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old October 6th, 2010 (09:10 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
BW008: "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The secret of Clock Tower!!"
Screenplay: Shoji Yonemura
Animation director: Tomohiro Koyama
Summary:
"On the the way to their next destination, Satoshi {ASH} and friends have lunch. Pikachu and Kibago's Pokémon food are gone. It was taken by someone! Searching around, they discover Darumakka, the "Daruma Pokémon". When Ash gives chase, it escapes."
(Translation credits go to LostHero)

Old October 6th, 2010 (09:12 AM). Edited October 6th, 2010 by Boomburst.
Boomburst
iconic
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
The plot sounds a bit like Primeape Goes Bananas i think, but it does sound quite interesting. Maybe the Darumakka could be a recurring wild pokemon, or ash or iris could catch it.

TYRANNASNORE.
REVIEW BLOG.
Old October 6th, 2010 (09:22 AM).
SuperiorCat
トウコ

Nature: Naive
I hope this episode has some actual story, resulting in somebody catching the Darumakka.
How I see it, is that if Iris gets Pokabu this week, then there might be a good chance that Ash catches Darumakka, because necessary fire type on Ash's team has always been necessary. .-.

I know how unlikely this seems considering Ash already has three Pokemon on his team, after only two episodes. But If we look at the Kanto saga, by episode twelve Ash had a full team of six. And to me, at least, it looks like for this region the anime is following the examples of two former region's and not the latter two.

This is pure speculation, and I'll admit, it is just a wild guess. =/
But it adds more discussion to this thread, right?

Anyway, Darumakka is cute. :3
Old October 6th, 2010 (09:37 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I really hope Pokabu in the upcoming episode goes to Iris, even though by the way things are looking, that's unlikely to happen. However, from the time I saw Hihidaruma, I felt as though Ash should have it. It's a much better Fire type for Ash to have, than a big fat piggy. Just saying. >_>; What I can see happening is Darumakka evolving into Hihidurama during this episode. Sort of like how Mankey evolved into Primeape in the same episode.

Although, there's speculation that it could go to James, if Ash were to capture Pokabu, since he has yet to capture one of his own Isshu Pokémon. However, I'm iffy on this.
Old October 8th, 2010 (06:27 PM).
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Well, since Iris missed out on Pokabu, perhaps she'll get Darumakka? Either that or these two will just be the Pokemon of the day with no capturing involved.
Old October 8th, 2010 (10:44 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by ShadowYashi:
Well, since Iris missed out on Pokabu, perhaps she'll get Darumakka? Either that or these two will just be the Pokemon of the day with no capturing involved.
I actually wonder whether Iris actually captures non-dragon pokemon...
But I do hope that she will.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 16th, 2010 (01:04 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
I actually wonder whether Iris actually captures non-dragon pokemon...
But I do hope that she will.
Iris may capture a non-dragon Pokemon. Like Misty, who specialized in Water type Pokemon caught, (not really, but befriended) Togepi, for example.
Forget Misty, you guys will have many arguments against my statement, so let me take the example of Brock, who had a Vulpix,a Zubat, and many other non-rock type Pokemon.
Old October 17th, 2010 (12:00 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by mervyn797:
Iris may capture a non-dragon Pokemon. Like Misty, who specialized in Water type Pokemon caught, (not really, but befriended) Togepi, for example.
Forget Misty, you guys will have many arguments against my statement, so let me take the example of Brock, who had a Vulpix,a Zubat, and many other non-rock type Pokemon.
Well Brock is not leading female-character (I think? O_O") so you shouldn't compare them.

Old October 17th, 2010 (12:30 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Well Brock is not leading female-character (I think? O_O") so you shouldn't compare them.
I thought that I gave the example of Misty as well. ;
Old October 28th, 2010 (06:36 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Woops! A double post, but it is required.

The preview to this episode was released with the airing of the seventh Best Wishes episode. >Link<
Old October 28th, 2010 (10:14 AM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Hihidaruma looks bigger in size then I initially thought from the preview. Maybe James will get a Darumakka, if not hopefully he gets something soon.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old October 30th, 2010 (05:45 AM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

I like the fact that the setting is at night and in a city. Too much forestry for the first 7 episodes.
Old October 30th, 2010 (09:47 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote originally posted by Icebloom:
I like the fact that the setting is at night and in a city. Too much forestry for the first 7 episodes. :laugh:
Agreed. :] Seems more movie-material if you ask me.

As for the preview, I'm liking the animation that was shown.
Old November 2nd, 2010 (02:14 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

I find the small fight between Kibago and Pikachu quite hilarious. I mean.. the way the both of them pull each others cheeks. XD
This seems to be quite a funny episode anyways.. :D
Old November 2nd, 2010 (11:54 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This episode looks pretty good from the preview I saw, animation looks wow and that fight in the preview looks pretty fun. So this is one of the episodes I'm looking forward to, though I don't think any one will catch it. I mean I could see Dento possibly catching one of them maybe, Iris not so much since I think she only catches dragon type. Ash catches one later on I think, from the looks of episode 20 so his last spot will be filled, however that doesn't mean he won't catch more later like what happened in Kanto.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 2nd, 2010 (11:29 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by PearlShipper4Life:
Ash catches one later on I think, from the looks of episode 20 so his last spot will be filled, however that doesn't mean he won't catch more later like what happened in Kanto.
Since you mentioned episode 20... I've read on bulbapedia some art leak information which was saying that Satoshi's last Pokemon will Meguroko and Iris's gonna catch Zuruggu. So she might really catch other pokemon than Dragon.

Old November 3rd, 2010 (02:37 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Since you mentioned episode 20... I've read on bulbapedia some art leak information which was saying that Satoshi's last Pokemon will Meguroko and Iris's gonna catch Zuruggu. So she might really catch other pokemon than Dragon.
Ash might catch more than six Pokemon and then keep changing his team though.
Old November 3rd, 2010 (09:55 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Wow... 0.o that preview was amazing *Wants tomorrow*.

Mamepato gets more screen time:O Whats this world coming to :~:

Those Darumakka's look funny XD;
Old November 3rd, 2010 (01:59 PM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote originally posted by mervyn797:
Ash might catch more than six Pokemon and then keep changing his team though.
That's what I'm saying, since its like Kanto a bit it is possible hey'll catch more than six. Maybe not the ones here but later on down the road. I see this episode as possible filler, still looks pretty cool. Wish it was Thursday, it almost is *Dies*

Old November 4th, 2010 (05:49 AM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

First off, no one caught anything. I guess most people would refer to this as a filler, but I enjoyed it for the most most part. Didn't expect to see Hihidaruma's Daruma Mode, so that was definitely sweet. The Darumakka's were cute. And what exactly is Team Rocket up to? I still laugh every time they try and act like serious villains.
Old November 4th, 2010 (08:35 AM).
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Wild Iris loves wild berries, one thing I can safely conclude upon. XD And Dento will be doing Brock's job of cooking food for everyone. XD

I love the way Darumakka burned Iris's face for trying to pull its cheeks. XD These Darumakka are really quite cute little thieves. XD And the small brawl between Pikachu and Kibago was pretty hilarious as well. XD

What the hell? You're telling me that Darumakka's ember knocked out Mijumaru? I know that both of them used ember, but.. this Pokemon just beat Yanappu when he was at a type disadvantage! And when he has a type advantage, he gets knocked out.

The Darumakka surely have some sad past attached with them, but I didn't understand a word of it. ._.; And Ash and company enjoying a buffet.

O_O Team Rocket surely have some serious business this time around.

And lol, I mistook
Hihidaruma for some ghost type Pokemon. XD This is actually quite spooky.

Overall, quite an interesting filler episode, I must say. The music was fine as well.
Old November 4th, 2010 (08:48 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Yes! Our first filler!!

...and it wasn't bad at all.

This episode was to say the least, enjoyable. The plot with Darumakka and Hihidaruma was plausible. I wasn't expecting to see Hihidaruma's other forme either, so that was a pleasant surprise. Like in the preview, this episode had some pretty decent animation.

I love the new look of Flamethrower. :]

I change my mind about seeing Ash with a Hihidaruma though. It doesn't fit him as well as I thought it would. Though, Darumakka does.
Old November 4th, 2010 (08:52 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Yah I agree it was funny seeing Iris get burnt like that and I really liked the animation in this episode. The ending bit was pretty cool, I like it when Ash does things like that, he's very brave.

Old November 4th, 2010 (12:24 PM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Another good episode. The part with Darumakka burning Iris was funny as well. I was suspecting to see one of them catch one of the Darumakka but oh well. Team Rocket are gotten much cooler. I wonder what they are planning this time.
Old November 4th, 2010 (11:36 PM).
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
I liked this ep more than I thought I would. I have had thus far a great dislike for Hihidaruma and it's pre-evo (fugly as hell), but after this, I must say I've come to see them in a new light. While I won't be using them, this does mean at least I don't hate them anymore, even if they're still ugly, lol. The anime always makes Pokemon all the more appealing, heh...

also omglol @ psychokinetic eating. man, if i could move food into my mouth with my mind, watching TV / stuff online while having dinner would be so much easier and much less messier lol.

Anyways, very nice ep. :3

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links