The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


View Poll Results: Do you want Platinum, HG/SS and BW first Map for the first release?
Yes 397 90.85%
No, later 40 9.15%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #351    
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Johto_Master
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Wait, is it finished?
Where do I download it if it is?
Is it in this thread? (I'm new here)
Reply With Quote
  #352    
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johto_Master View Post
Wait, is it finished?
Where do I download it if it is?
Is it in this thread? (I'm new here)
It's far from finished. There is a download, but it only does Twinleaf Town in DP.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #353    
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Johto_Master
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
How far is far?
I can wait.
Reply With Quote
  #354    
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:05 PM
IronTrapinch's Avatar
IronTrapinch
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Female
5 years tops.

that's my best guess.

by time it's finished the DS games will be old and the 3ds ones will be in the spotlight.
__________________
Hey guys, I just bought Pokemon Red and Blue Versions (the new games that came out last week) and what the freak is up with the new Pokemon? A rock with arms? A magnet that evolves into three magnets? A bird that grows a head when it evolves? A pile of sludge? A literal Pokeball with a face? What is Jynx supposed to be? And really GameFreak, a mime? Is that the best you can do? I remember when the Pokemon looked good in first gen Black and White. These suck! Bring back the old ones.
Reply With Quote
  #355    
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:09 AM
andibad's Avatar
andibad
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indonesia
Gender: Male
Yeah is just DPPt for now. but is still alive project?
Reply With Quote
  #356    
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by andibad View Post
Yeah is just DPPt for now. but is still alive project?

The project is still active, don't worry about that.
I search a method for gain speed in my development.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #357    
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Meinfoo's Avatar
Meinfoo
Spelling error? Spelling win!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dragonsprial Tower
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
This looks like it is going to be a really useful tool! After this we just need to be able to edit scripts! (Oh god...)
Reply With Quote
  #358    
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
a beauty might i say, this is some eye candy man, loving it, can't wait for the release !!!
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #359    
Old April 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quick question...

Will there be a "Choose your Language/Choissez un Langue" option in the next SVN release or will it still be in French?
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #360    
Old April 16th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Zark's Avatar
Zark
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Spain
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Quick question...

Will there be a "Choose your Language/Choissez un Langue" option in the next SVN release or will it still be in French?
I think it's better a multilanguage.
__________________

Pokémon Light Black DS
Reply With Quote
  #361    
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zark View Post
I think it's better a multilanguage.
I made This mini-translation that I let him use. That is why I suggested just this for now.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #362    
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zark View Post
I think it's better a multilanguage.

Yes, i have a plan for add english version in rev7.

But before, i need to make the advanced version of the editor. It's the same editor, but with a better management of functions.

For me, that's really usefull.
For you, you gain time too, you have just to select a thing in a list for example, and click where you want (such as Permissions Movements). Simple, no?

Also, i always need texture researchers. You are still welcome, guys.
Texture hacking is not very perfect at this time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #363    
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Yes, i have a plan for add english version in rev7.

But before, i need to make the advanced version of the editor. It's the same editor, but with a better management of functions.

For me, that's really usefull.
For you, you gain time too, you have just to select a thing in a list for example, and click where you want (such as Permissions Movements). Simple, no?

Also, i always need texture researchers. You are still welcome, guys.
Texture hacking is not very perfect at this time.
I remember Spiky-Eared Pichu has done some texture hacking. I still have to understand it. But I know it can be done.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #364    
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Multilangage is officially supported in rev7.
You can sent me your translations.
Attached Images
File Type: png New selector.png‎ (31.1 KB, 55 views) (Save to Dropbox)
__________________


Last edited by Link_971; April 18th, 2011 at 04:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #365    
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Multilangage is officially supported in rev7.
You can sent me your translations.
Here is my translation: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=344
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #366    
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Hm... I don't think a 2-dimentional interface would work all that well. Only a 3D interface would possibly be able to do a verity of different things such as moving the object around, click and dragging a model or texture. I'm sure if you can take a look at Toads Tool 64, or Super Mario 64 DS editor actually uses a 3D interface where you can click and drag objects around in the Super Mario 64/Super Mario 64 DS ROMs.

Since the Pokémon series have always tend to use some grid-like thing on the maps, the objects can be moved from square to square. How a 3D interface is used... is basically by using a command to read the polygons and textures, having a X, Y and Z possitioning lines which you normally see in most 3D editing tools.

Which looks like this:

Code:
       _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ X
     /|
    / |
   /  |
  /   |
 /    |
Y    Z
And prahaps having the option to turn off the lines also would be an excellent idea. A zoom, panning and turning around feature for viewing the map would be very handy.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #367    
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Zark's Avatar
Zark
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Spain
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Multilangage is officially supported in rev7.
You can sent me your translations.
Very good. When you take out the next release will do the translation to what you have. Receive updates is good!
__________________

Pokémon Light Black DS
Reply With Quote
  #368    
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Texture reattribution function (experimental) :






And i still work on moving 3D textures.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #369    
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Texture reattribution function (experimental) :






And i still work on moving 3D textures.
Hey, would you mind PMing me? I want to test something, but I want to use features that might be in SVN 7 for the test. I'll give you the details later.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #370    
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Zark's Avatar
Zark
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Spain
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Texture reattribution function (experimental) :






And i still work on moving 3D textures.
Great!
I have a question: the narc of BW's maps is a/0/0/8?

If you don't know where is the music, I think is:
HGSS: root\pbr\sound_data.sdat
BW: contents\wb_sound_data.sdat

Referring to the section "Aide rapide".

----
Spanish translation of this:



Acerca del editor de mapas

Esta herramienta te permite editar los datos de los mapas en Pokémon Diamante, Perla, Platino, Oro HeartGold, Plata SoulSilver, Negro y Blanco.

Para obtener más información sobre este programa, visita su web oficial:
http://www.pokemon-legendary.com

Agradecemos a Knizz por su visualizador, PokémonShinySilver por su ayuda, los diferentes traductores y a todos aquellos que participaron en el proyecto.

Volver atrás





----

I made ​​these icons for each category:
D/P:
HG/SS:
B/W:

You can choose which ones are better.
__________________

Pokémon Light Black DS

Last edited by Zark; April 20th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #371    
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... I don't think a 2-dimentional interface would work all that well. Only a 3D interface would possibly be able to do a verity of different things such as moving the object around, click and dragging a model or texture. I'm sure if you can take a look at Toads Tool 64, or Super Mario 64 DS editor actually uses a 3D interface where you can click and drag objects around in the Super Mario 64/Super Mario 64 DS ROMs.

Since the Pokémon series have always tend to use some grid-like thing on the maps, the objects can be moved from square to square. How a 3D interface is used... is basically by using a command to read the polygons and textures, having a X, Y and Z possitioning lines which you normally see in most 3D editing tools.

Which looks like this:

Code:
       _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ X
     /|
    / |
   /  |
  /   |
 /    |
Y    Z
And prahaps having the option to turn off the lines also would be an excellent idea. A zoom, panning and turning around feature for viewing the map would be very handy.

I know, but that's not possible for me (developing reasons).
Also, it's not a problem for edit in a 2D interface, even for BW, trust me.

For me, it's more hard, but that's not the question :p


Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Hey, would you mind PMing me? I want to test something, but I want to use features that might be in SVN 7 for the test. I'll give you the details later.

Sorry, it's not yet implemented in rev7.
Can i ask you why you want test this function?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zark View Post
Great!
I have a question: the narc of BW's maps is a/0/0/8?

If you don't know where is the music, I think is:
HGSS: root\pbr\sound_data.sdat
BW: contents\wb_sound_data.sdat

Referring to the section "Aide rapide".

----
Spanish translation of this:



Acerca del editor de mapas

Esta herramienta te permite editar los datos de los mapas en Pokémon Diamante, Perla, Platino, Oro HeartGold, Plata SoulSilver, Negro y Blanco.

Para obtener más información sobre este programa, visita su web oficial:
http://www.pokemon-legendary.com

Agradecemos a Knizz por su visualizador, PokémonShinySilver por su ayuda, los diferentes traductores y a todos aquellos que participaron en el proyecto.

Volver atrás





----

I made ​​these icons for each category:
D/P:
HG/SS:
B/W:

You can choose which ones are better.


Thanks for translation, icons and informations.


Do you have any suggestions for DS Map?
I think on a Map matrix editor...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #372    
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Sorry, it's not yet implemented in rev7.
Can i ask you why you want test this function?
I want to test a map that has absolutely all aspects that you have had uncovered to see if it works on flashcards. I noticed that sometimes, emulators slightly surpass the DS, because I made a rom edit that worked on Desmume, but not on my AceKard 2i.
Quote:
Do you have any suggestions for DS Map?
I think on a Map matrix editor...
Can you remind me what the map matrix was? I saw a file of that in the game, but I cannot remember what it was, exactly.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #373    
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I want to test a map that has absolutely all aspects that you have had uncovered to see if it works on flashcards. I noticed that sometimes, emulators slightly surpass the DS, because I made a rom edit that worked on Desmume, but not on my AceKard 2i.

Can you remind me what the map matrix was? I saw a file of that in the game, but I cannot remember what it was, exactly.

Ok i'll try with my linker.

Maps positions in Worldmap, and maybe other things?


Edit : You have right. Black screen, just music in background (and one dead pixel in the screen only when black screen appear Oo)
Edit 2 : It's catastrophic. Delete option block don't work too. We need a perfect block data editing for DS...
__________________


Last edited by Link_971; April 25th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #374    
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Ok i'll try with my linker.

Maps positions in Worldmap, and maybe other things?


Edit : You have right. Black screen, just music in background (and one dead pixel in the screen only when black screen appear Oo)
We'll have to find what is preventing it from loading. It may handle differently on my Flashcard, but who knows. Can you email me the land_data_release that you used and I'll see if it works on my Acekard? It could handle differently.
__________________

Platinum Supporter Team Fail




"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."



Charizard

Reply With Quote
  #375    
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Link_971's Avatar
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: France
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
We'll have to find what is preventing it from loading. It may handle differently on my Flashcard, but who knows. Can you email me the land_data_release that you used and I'll see if it works on my Acekard? It could handle differently.

I know where is the problem : we need a perfect data.
I have a documentation for the blocks, but i can't move or edit any texture with that.



PS : I try to make a better "delete block" function.



Edit : Ok, it works in DS!
But with always need more research in these data.
__________________


Last edited by Link_971; April 25th, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.