The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:14 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Advertise here
Here you can discuss anything about this year's Hack of the Year competition. This can keep the voting threads free from spam, so just discuss anything to do with Hack of the Year here! Whether it be discussing your favourites, or explaining your votes!

paired with christos
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Hm, not a very broad choice this year. Only a few stand out to me, and they are the ones I've voted for.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:12 AM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
I didn't enjoy the mojority of this years hacks, Light Platinum, Liquid Crystal, and Sienna were the only ones I enjoyed. Personally, I like LC the most...

REASONS: LaZ is awesome
It is the best 2nd Gen remake I've played
Awesome regions, Johto, Kanto AND Orange Islands
Its Orange Island 1 beats Naranja by a TON
Very good graphics
Scripting is amazing

In my opinion, the two rivalring user-made ones are Flora Sky and Light Platinum, the Moderator made is Liquid Crystal vs. Sienna (LaZ is an admin on his forum, Manipulation is a mod here)

Good luck to all of the hacks!
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
polskitorres
Beginning Trainer

There is only one hack that deserves this Tittle and It's Liquid Crystal by LaZ.
Why?? it's simple, very very very playable and has not as most of "awesome" hacks 30 minutes to play
What else... For me - the best GSC remake (respect for Zel but LC is simply better).
Many legends to Catch, good scripting, and some nice events.
BUT... LC isn't perfect - FLY bugs, some trainers freeze game, Few events can be complete earlier than Storyline says.

That's probably all I can say. Please Users make the HACK OF THE YEAR tittle Hack of the year tittle. Not 30 nice minutes tittle.

Sorry for my english I'm Polish, so there can be few mistakes =]
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Well a hack of the year is a big thing!
It should be a hack that's interesting, INOVATIVE, and of course well-made is implied...
There are a couple of hacks currently that fit the description, but I'll leave it to the voters...

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Guys, this thread is not for trying to influence people into voting for your favourite hacks.

paired with christos
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Excatly!
Not only is it not fair to the rest of the hacks, but there are a lot of people who haven't played much hacks, so they don't know what makes a good hack. So why don't we disscus what makes a good hack...

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
Crono's upcoming beta 3 looks pretty good imo, Dante's tiles are amazing.
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
I'll be honest now, it has been a while since I played a hack, so I won't be the best person to vote. I could go and play every hack, but that seems like it may take too long to take in the true feeling, so I may have some ideas of who to vote for in some areas, but not in others. If that makes sense.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old October 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
It has also been awhile since I've played one yet alone got involved in one's actual updates, but I think I'll participate anyways even if my votes are sort of biased.
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:06 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
If I had to guess I'd say Sienna wins, if not then Light Platinum or Ruby Destiny.
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Dark Sceptile
Psychic Lover

Nature: Docile
I've played LC, and it was decent, but I didn't get to the Orange Islands. Sienna is amazing, in my opinion. There are some NPCs that don't talk at all, but there are no glitches that I have met that end the game. I know about the fly glitch, so I haven't even taught it to anyone. The fakemon are cool, but the fire starter would look better on all fours, like the first stage. Very nice storyline, although the "Pick your path" just showed its head to me not to long before the 6th gym, (rest of sentence in spoiler, 'cause it does spoil the plot a little)
Spoiler:
where you help one team of the divided Team Rocket. Still, a very nice game.

Identity got one vote from me, and that's because it was short, but very good. Scripting was decent, mapping was amazing, and I loved the story, but still, I think Sienna is amazing.

I'm not trying to influence anyone at all, just stating my opinions.
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I just wanted to say there were a lot of great hacks this year. A lot that really drew me in.

One of my favorite incorporation I saw this year which I have never seen before was done by Nikolai Fox... He made the enemy trainers level dependent on your own pokemon level (always 3-7 levels higher than your highest) and made the wild pokemon levels dependent on yours also (always 3 levels lower than your lowest). I thought that made the game much more engaging and appealing
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:22 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
I haven't played any hacks at all this year. I guess I'll check ot the HotMs but can anybody point me in a good direction?
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Try Liquid Crystal-best hack experience you will ever have
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaber5859 View Post
Try Liquid Crystal-best hack experience you will ever have
Okay... We know you like LC. V-V

@The Noob Hacker - But really just look around the Hacks Showcase for good quality hacks.
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Everybody says that they hate anime hacks, g/s/c remakes, manga hacks, etc., yes still look at some of the votes. -.-''
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:31 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Everybody says that they hate anime hacks, g/s/c remakes, manga hacks, etc., yes still look at some of the votes. -.-''
What annoys me more are the people who vote for the same hack in every single category. A few people put one hack in all categories except one but I still think people should try to diversify their votes. Sure, there are some very well-rounded hacks out there that excel in multiple areas but it's still frustrating to see.

Brother of Vrai
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:26 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Seconding what colcolstyles said. I'll probably put my votes in November some time. When I've, y'know, seen if other hacks have made a breakthrough by then.

paired with christos
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Basically im new to this hack of the year voting,anyway,
does the hacks in progressing hacks counted too?
what must the hack have to be eligible?
I just want to make sure i vote correctly,but not now though, many hacks are good and still progressing..xD

Old October 17th, 2010, 04:24 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Hmmm....this was hard, I tried not to vote for one of the obvious winners but I couldn't think of anything else The rest of my votes, however, are A-OK.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Okay, I'm not trying to influence anyone and all, but, why do I seem to be the only one remembering Eruption so far?

Your knight from the plane of light
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
>Dante<
Call me Steven

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Dante<
hello friends...what's up??
well, I want to ask a favor...I would like that my hack, Pokémon Crono, don't participate in the HOTY.
The reason??
I don't believe in the honest and in the correctness of this contest.
I've remained very disappointed by the results of last year, and I have seen that also this year is repeating what has already happened in the HOTY 2009.
The votes are for friendship and the eligible hacks are so many (often unknown).
There isn't an imposed limit as, for example, the possibility to vote only the hacks that had won the HOTM during this year.

So, I'm not interested to change the rules of this community or criticize someone.
Only I asking that my hack is taken out by the contest and added in the Ineligible hack's list.
Thanks to the moderator...and sorry to all fans of Crono.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
hashtag
the man in black

I'm about how you feel and Crono will be added to the ineligible list. However, I think the accusations you're making are very bias and are completely untruthful. I think you should think about what you say before you make such terrible accusations. Accusing a whole community of just voting for their friends? That could be true that some people could be voting for their friends but it doesn't meant that they don't actually like the hacks they're voting for, now, does it?

I'm also thinking on the lines that your thoughts are extremely hypocritical too. You're saying that people just vote for their friends? Yet you're the one who is trying to make mountains out of molehills about the fact that your friend didn't win the competition last year. Maybe, instead of moaning about it, you could have accepted the fact his hack wasn't good enough and just moved on with your life. Honestly, not winning a competition on a Pokémon forum isn't the end of the world.

Nevertheless, your hack will be removed from the competition and all votes for Crono will be nullified. If you did vote for Crono in your posts then all of your other votes will count; however, if you're wanting to vote for a different hack in that section following its removal then you can do so by editing your posts.

paired with christos
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
itari
悪魔の妹
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Aww, it's too bad Crono is being removed, I really liked that hack... Oh well, there are lots of other great hacks out there anyways.

SubscriptAdvanced SongType Effectiveness EditorTilemap CreatorPython IPS Patcher
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here