Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 4th, 2012 (07:22 AM). Edited March 5th, 2012 by Kimbo.
Kimbo
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
To the Pokemon League
-Went and got Tyrougue. Named him Spinner.
-Cleared out Mt Mortar.
-Flew to Mr Pokemon, gave him the Red Scale.
-Got the Master Ball from Prof Elm.
-Surfed into Kanto.
-Whilst advancing Spinner evolved into Hitmontop.
-Went through Victory Road.
-Defeated Silver using Avatar's Fire Punch on Sneasal, Avatar's Shadow Ball on Kadabra, LadyPawnch's ThunderPunch on Feraligatr, Valance's Ice Punch on Golbat and King Ted's Mud Slap on Magneton and Haunter.
-Arrived at the Pokemon League for the Final Gauntlet !!!!
TEAM REPORT
Spoiler:

LadyPawnch/Ledian@
Level 39/Female
Moveset:ThunderPunch
Hidden Power (Water)
Ice Punch
Opinion: Started to drop off quite a lot, still does work when used. 7/10
King Ted/Ursaring@Quick Claw
Level 40/Female
Movesettrength
Earthquake
Lick
Rock Smash
Opinion:Reclaimed its greatest poke on the team title this part, rocked it. 9/10

Level 38/Female
Moveset:Headbutt
Surf
Fire Punch
Shadow Ball
Opinion:2nd only to my transexual teddy, really enjoyed using it. 8/10
Valance/Jynx@NeverMeltIce
Level 39/Female
Moveset:Lick
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
DoubleSlap
Opiniontill not fainted , I thought Ice/Psychic would be really frail. 9/10
Spinner/Hitmontop@EXPShare
Level/Male
Moveset:Tackle
Detect
Rapid Spin
Opinions: Not physically used to fight, can't imagine using it. Poor Moveset, obtained wayyyy too late. 4/10

HM Slaves
Cyndaquil-Cut
Togepi-Flash
Gyrados-Surf,Whirlpool,Waterfall.
Pidgey-Fly

The Gauntlet.
WILL
-Xatu VS LadyPawnch-LadyPawnch Win via ThunderPunch
-Jynx VS KingTed-King Ted win via Earthquake
-Exeggutor VS Valance-Valance win via Ice Punch
-Slowbro VS LadyPawnch-LadyPawnch Win via ThunderPunch
-Xatu VS LadyPawnch-LadyPawnch win via ThunderPunch

KOGA
-Ariados VS Avatar-Avatar win via Fire Punch
-Venomoth VS Avatar-Venomoth win via Psychic
-Venomoth VS Valance-Valance win via Icy Wind
-Forretress VS King Ted-King Ted win via Earthquake
-Muk VS King Ted-King Ted win via Earthquake
-Crobat VS Valance-Crobat win via Toxic
-Crobat VS LadyPawnch-Crobat win via Wing Attack
-Crobat VS King Ted-King Ted win via Strength

BRUNO
-Hitmontop VS LadyPawnch-LadyPawnch win via ThunderPunch
-Onix VS Avatar-Avatar win via Surf
-Hitmonchan VS LadyPawnch-Hitmonchan win via Fire Punch
-Hitmonchan VS Avatar-Avatar win via Surf
-Hitmonlee VS Avatar-Hitmonlee win via ??? (Missed the attack)
-Hitmonlee VS Valance-Valance win via Ice Punch
-Machamp VS Valance-Machamp win via Rock Slide
-Machamp VS King Ted-King Ted win via Strength

KAREN
-Umbreon VS King Ted-King Ted win via Strength
-Vileplume VS Avatar-Avatar win via Fire Punch
-Murkrow VS Valance-Valance win via Ice Punch
-Houndoom VS Avatar-Houndoom win via Flamethrower
-Houndoom VS King Ted-King Ted win via Earthquake
-Gengar VS Valance-Valance win via Lick

LANCE
-Gyarados VS King Ted-King Ted win via Strength
-Dragonite VS Valance-Valance win via Ice Punch
-Charizard VS Avatar-Avatar win via Surf
-Aerodactyl VS Avatar-Aerodactyl win via Hyper Beam
-Aerodactyl VS King Ted-King Ted win via Strength

I WINNNNN !!!!!!!
*Note* I am not counting Hitmontop as used, cause its level is so low and it wasn't used

Final Report
Spoiler:

LadyPawnch/Ledian@
Level 40/Female
Moveset:ThunderPunch
Hidden Power (Water)
Ice Punch
Thief
Opinion: Got 3 kills against Will, plus a kill on Bruno but was usually fodder. 6/10
King Ted/Ursaring@Quick Claw
Level 42/Female
Movesettrength
Earthquake
Lick
Rock Smash
Opinion:8 Kills in the pokemon league, did really well seeing it has two moves under 50 base power. Really risen in my favorite pokemon ladder. 10/10

Level 40/Female
Moveset:Headbutt
Surf
Fire Punch
Shadow Ball
Opinion:Only 4 Kills (only 1 more then LadyPawnch !!!) however got used more in the buisness end of the pokemon league. Both unerwhelmed and impressed 7/10
Valance/Jynx@NeverMeltIce
Level 41/Female
Moveset:Lick
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Body Slam
Opinion:8 Kills, KO'd once, levle with King Ted in usefulness in the pokemon league. Thats very relative to the game, the two of them have KO'd over 50% of the elite 4 + Champion. 10/10
Spinner/Hitmontop@EXPShare
Level 33/Male
Detect
Rapid Spin
Counter
Opinions: Didn't use. 0/10

HM Slaves
Cyndaquil-Cut
Togepi-Flash
Gyrados-Surf,Whirlpool,Waterfall.
Pidgey-Fly

AWARDS
Spoiler:

The One Most Valuable Pokemon -King Ted-Completely destrolished the whole game. Loved using her.
Least Valuable Pokemon -LadyPawnch-Not because she was useless BUT because she was the worst of a good team.
The One with the Best Moveset-Avatar-Type Coverage, just needed STAB.
Worst Moveset-Valance-Two Ice Attacks, double slap and Lick for 9/10 of the time I used it, only really was used to hit things it was Super Effective against.
The One Trick Pony-Valance-Would of been King Ted, but he got Earthquake.Just Ice Punch'd EVERYTHING!!
The One that Needed the Most Revives-Avatar-Don't even know why, I just switched into it when I didn't know who to use.
The One that Underachieved-Avatar-Prob wouldn't of been her if I gave her EQ instead of King Ted.
The One that Overachieved-LadyPawnch-My LVP is my Over achiever !!!! Its because she kept pace with the others right untill the end.
The One that was an Unstoppable Force-King Ted-Needs no explanation. TANK SON!!
The One that Beat the Odds-Valance-Simply for its preformance against Lance's 3 Dragonites.
The One I'll Use Again-Whole Team-They were fun to use and it clicked
The One with the Most Awesome Typing-King Ted- You forget how good a pure normal typing can be.
The One Gym Destroyer-Avatar-Felt like a defeated A LOT
The One Elite Four Destroyer-King Ted-8 KO's spread through 5 members. Was really good.
The One that Annoyed the Most Opponents-LadyPawnch-She defeated a lot of trainers, when she wasn't expected to.
The One your Rival Feared-King Ted-Regular decimation served up furry style !

Hoenn Sign up
Name:Kimbo
Game: Emerald
Team Members:4 + Hitmontop and Octillery, feel like Gold robbed me the oppertunity of using them.
Additional Rules: Can I have a flier, 2 Hoenn pokemon and 2 Kanto Pokemon.
The One's That Got Away:
Spoiler:
Beedrill
Sandslash
Ninetails
Wigglytuff
Venomoth
Victreebel
Farfetch'd
Muk
Cloyster
Hypno
Kingler
Lickitung
Rhydon
Weezing
Seaking
Pinsir
Tauros
Ditto
Flareon
Omastar

Ariados
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellosom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Slowking
Wobbuffet
Steelix
Granbull
Qwilfish
Scizor
Shuckle
Magcargo
Corsola
Delibird
Mantine
Kingdra
Donophan
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank
Tyranitar

Ludicolo
Shiftry
Masquerain
Ninjask
Shedninja
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Swallot
Sharpedo
Camerupt
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Solrock
Lunatone
Crawdaunt
Cradily
Armaldo
Milotic
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Chimecho
Glalie
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9071/onesgotawaydppt.png
Random Pokemon Challenge (Ultimate)
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 6th, 2012 (11:43 AM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Hello I am new here and would like to try this!

Name: DaBomb
Game: Sapphire
List of Pokemon that got away: Mightyena Swellow Masquerain Breloom Ninjask Shedinja Exploud Hariyama Delcatty Manetric Minun Volbeat Swalot Sharpedo Wailord Torkoal Weezing Muk Grumpig Skarmory Seviper Lunatone Crawdaunt Cradily Claydol Banette Duslcops Chimecho Absol Relicanth (sorry it's a lot :D)
Number required: 6
Any specific requirements: Please make it a challenge . Oh and something that can surf since half of hoenn is water...
Can't wait!

Old March 6th, 2012 (04:51 PM). Edited March 6th, 2012 by Sammuthegreat.
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Kimbo:
Hoenn Sign up
Name:Kimbo
Game: Emerald
Team Members:4 + Hitmontop and Octillery, feel like Gold robbed me the oppertunity of using them.
Additional Rules: Can I have a flier, 2 Hoenn pokemon and 2 Kanto Pokemon.
Very well done Kimbo, 2 down, 3 to go. Your Johto team has been added to the Champions list.

For your Hoenn leg, take... Hitmontop, Octillery, Rhydon, Flareon, Altaria and Chimecho.

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
Hello I am new here and would like to try this!

Name: DaBomb
Game: Sapphire
List of Pokemon that got away: Mightyena Swellow Masquerain Breloom Ninjask Shedinja Exploud Hariyama Delcatty Manetric Minun Volbeat Swalot Sharpedo Wailord Torkoal Weezing Muk Grumpig Skarmory Seviper Lunatone Crawdaunt Cradily Claydol Banette Duslcops Chimecho Absol Relicanth (sorry it's a lot :D)
Any specific requirements: Please make it a challenge . Oh and something that can surf since half of hoenn is water...
Can't wait!
Welcome GolurkIsDaBomb! Try it with Wailord, Mightyena, Volbeat, Claydol, Skarmory and Torkoal. Hope you enjoy it! I've added you to the Challengers list. Looking forward to reading your updates.
Old March 7th, 2012 (01:08 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Sammuthegreat:
Very well done Kimbo, 2 down, 3 to go. Your Johto team has been added to the Champions list.

For your Hoenn leg, take... Hitmontop, Octillery, Rhydon, Flareon, Altaria and Chimecho.
I accept, thanks Sammu,lets hope Flareon can do something as I quite like that team otherwise, I'll hack all in before Roxanne.

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 7th, 2012 (03:15 AM).
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Quote originally posted by Kimbo:
I accept, thanks Sammu,lets hope Flareon can do something as I quite like that team otherwise, I'll hack all in before Roxanne.
Just wait till you get TM30 and TM27... Flareon rock. Also if you can get a Mild-natured one, Flamethrower is epic too.

To be honest you don't even need a +Sp.Atk nature on Flareon for it to be a good Pokemon. His base Sp.Atk stat is 95, which is the same as Walrein, Chimecho, Lunatone, Kingdra, Golduck, Articuno, Xatu and Cohagrigus, all of which are potent Special Attackers. Flareon gets a lot of stick basically because it hasn't got Flare Blitz, but its Attack is so good that it can use a lot of Physical coverage moves very effectively, and can rely on STAB to make its Special moves hit like a truck too. Its Speed is really its only bad point.

Obviously I say all this as a confirmed Flareon-adorer though. He's always been my favourite Eeveelution (tied with Espeon).

Also bear in mind, Flareon's base Attack is only 4 less than Tyranitar's, and is better than such Attack luminaries as Gyarados, Terrakion, Electivire, Emboar, Blaziken, Krookodile... you get my point. He may not have the Physical STAB move to back up his stats, but he can be extremely effective!

Good luck on your Hoenn run (and use that Flareon!)
Old March 7th, 2012 (03:40 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Just wait till you get TM30 and TM27... Flareon rock. Also if you can get a Mild-natured one, Flamethrower is epic too.

To be honest you don't even need a +Sp.Atk nature on Flareon for it to be a good Pokemon. His base Sp.Atk stat is 95, which is the same as Walrein, Chimecho, Lunatone, Kingdra, Golduck, Articuno, Xatu and Cohagrigus, all of which are potent Special Attackers. Flareon gets a lot of stick basically because it hasn't got Flare Blitz, but its Attack is so good that it can use a lot of Physical coverage moves very effectively, and can rely on STAB to make its Special moves hit like a truck too. Its Speed is really its only bad point.

Obviously I say all this as a confirmed Flareon-adorer though. He's always been my favourite Eeveelution (tied with Espeon).

Also bear in mind, Flareon's base Attack is only 4 less than Tyranitar's, and is better than such Attack luminaries as Gyarados, Terrakion, Electivire, Emboar, Blaziken, Krookodile... you get my point. He may not have the Physical STAB move to back up his stats, but he can be extremely effective!

Good luck on your Hoenn run (and use that Flareon!)
Nice Flareon Facts, thats really encouraging !!
The only reason he gets on the list for TOGWA is because a) I'm a major Vaporeon fan Boy and b) in every game Eevee is obtainable there is always 2 Fire types I Prefer (Kanto-Charizard & Arcanine,Johto-Typhlosion and Magmar,Platinum-Houndoom and Magmortar). If Eevee was in Hoenn I proberley would of used Flareon already due to lack of Fire Types (Camerupt,Blaziken and Marcargo are my 3 least favorite fire types.)

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 7th, 2012 (04:10 AM).
GolurkIsDaBomb

Try it with Wailord, Mightyena, Volbeat, Claydol, Skarmory and Torkoal.
Thank you for the awesome team! I can't wait to start, in fact, I will start right now. (Yesterday I was horribly sick, so today I am staying home to recover. I feel much better though ) This should be a fun run, and its nice that I can get most of my team before the 4th badge. (with the exception of wailmer) I shall update soon!
Old March 7th, 2012 (04:26 AM).
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

I am confused can someone help me out... what is the goal here...
Old March 7th, 2012 (05:42 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Skitty1:
I am confused can someone help me out... what is the goal here...
To start a team with 6 pokemon from a list of Pokemon you've never used , assigned by a fellow poster from the list of pokemon you submit. You then go throughout the game to defeat the Pokemon League of that select game at there highest level, meaning rematches in FR/LG,HG/SS,D/P/PT and B/W, using those 6 pokemon.

Hope this helps, sorry if this question was for Sammu who created this challenge.

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 7th, 2012 (07:59 AM).
Skitty1

^Oh its ok I was confused at first - I might take the challenge in Platinum :D.
Old March 7th, 2012 (05:41 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb

Update #1
Named self DaBomb (which every time I look at it, it either looks like Dumb Bob or Dumbo lol)
Picked treecko (named him forest). Did pregame stuffs. Caught a poochyena, named it fluffy. Helped wally catch a poke yadah yadah, helped Devon corp guy. Got to roxanne. Boy she was an interesting challenge, it was a battle of fluffy's howls/sand attacks and then bites. Which was silly since dark was special then, so bite didn't get stronger....anywho! beat roxanne, and helped the devon guy again. What's this? he wants me to do MORE favors for him? what a lovely surprise lol. Sailed along the sea to dewford did the granite cave and challenged brawly which...failed. So I sailed on to slateport and fought some more trainers... WHAT? FLUFFY IS EVOLVING! (dundundundun...). WHAT? FOREST IS EVOLVING! (dundun...) Unfortunately I figured I was going to need my treecko, but strangely I didn't need him. And if I thought roxanne was difficult with a poochyena, brawly was 10x harder even with mightyena. It was a battle of sand attacks/tackles/howls...but I won! Next to slateport, beat team aqua, and then continuing on to battle may...who was a joke. I basically set up howl after howl on her splashing wailmer, and then tackled my way to victory. I then reached mauville, went to the right and.... caught myself a volbeat! I named him Meriwether (nice and formal, cuz volbeats are formal right?)I beat wally, beat the trainers near verdanturf, and then onto the gym...which was hellish. It was a nightmare of confuserays/doubleteams/quickattacks on steel types. It took like at least a half hour, but Fluffys bite ended it in victory. Next I went up, fought the winstrates, then some trainer and caught myself Athena the torkoal. If ONLY I had had her last gym... anyways, i continued and caught myself Effie the skarmory, used her to take down the trainers around fallarbor. I then stopped crime in the cave, headed to the top of a volcano, and destroyed archie with Meriwether's signal beam. I then went to flannery's gym...and obliterated her. I set up curse after curse with Athena off her slugma, and then took her torkoal (2 levels higher I might add) with 2 body slams. Oh yeah, I also collected the wynaut egg, and when it hatched I named it CuzIsaidSo. After destroying flannery, I was given the go-go goggles by may (who thinks I need to train up) and headed into the sandstorm. About 50 cacnea's/sandshrews/trapinches later, I caught myself a baltoy named Bumi. And then I saved

I am going to try and do a spoiler for my Impressions of my team so far/their movesets and levels etc, but it might not work since I dont really know how to do one. Hear's hoping!

Spoiler:

Fluffy: Male: Level 27

Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite Ability: Intimidate

Thoughts: Tends to hit hard and fast, but can't take hits well. When he doesn't hit hard... he tends to be in trouble, but my guess is because of his low attacks/only STAB is special. Pretty reliable so far, but not the strongest member

Meriwether: Male: Level 27

Moves: Quick Attack,Confuse Ray,Signal Beam,Moonlight Ability: Illuminate
Nature: Hardy
Thoughts: The weakest member as of right now, since Signal Beam hasn't been experimented with too much (training other members) More of a stall pokemon than anything. It is definitely unfortunate Bug Moves are Physical and tail glow is special... over-all, weakest link

Athena: Female: Level 27

Moves: Ember, Body Slam, Curse, Smokescreen Ability: Whitesmoke
Nature: Docile
Thoughts: Slow-but-steady, and strong definitely wins the race. Athena is one of my strongest pokemon. She attacks like a wreckingball and defends like a brick wall. Speed aint got nuthin' on her! (god am I corny haha)

Effie: Female: Level 27

Moves: Peck, Sand Attack, Swift, Steel Wing Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Docile
Thoughts: The other power player on my team. With defenses of steel and a strong STAB move like steel wing, skarmory is my other tank. The fact that she only has 2 weaknesses just adds to her all-around beast-ness. A very valuable asset, who will show norman and other leaders who the boss is.

Bumi: Genderless: Level 20

Moves: Mud-Slap, Psybeam, Rock-Tomb, Self Destruct Ability: Levitate
Nature: ...docile...
Thoughts: Excitement, since I haven't used Bumi yet

There is also a Zigzagoon named Ziggy, Level 3 male as an HM slave/Pickupper for now.
Old March 7th, 2012 (06:43 PM). Edited March 7th, 2012 by Skitty1.
Skitty1

Alright... here is where I am confused which challenge do i choose and what Pokemon should I get? like should I be using Pokemon I would not normally use (and are my allowed to hack them in)?! please help - thx in advance.

Name: Skitty
Game: Platinum
List of Pokemon that got away:
Number required:
Any specific requirements:
My personal goal is to beat the elite four and complete the main game :D.
Old March 8th, 2012 (06:54 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Alright... here is where I am confused which challenge do i choose and what Pokemon should I get? like should I be using Pokemon I would not normally use (and are my allowed to hack them in)?! please help - thx in advance.

Number required:
You need a list of pokemon you've never used, write that list and how many pokemon you want to use. Someone will assign you a team of the number of pokemon you've said from your list. Hope this helps

A Bright Green World
-Started a new game with Torchic.
-Hacked in 6 Masters Ball's and got the Codes for the Base Form's(Remoraid-Cannon,Rhyhorn-Horny,Swablu-Cloud 9,Chimecho-Dong),Hitmontop-Spinner and Flareon-Blitz'd.
-Depoisited Torchic, had my full team.
-Grinded all to Level 7.
-Defeated May using Spinner's Rolling Kick on Mudkip.
-Did Story stuff untill I got to Rustboro.
-Leveled the team to Level 10.
-Took on Rustboro Gym.
-Defeated Roxanne using Spinner's Rolling Kick on Geodude 1 and 2, and Spinner's Revenge on Nosepass. Got the Rock Tomb TM and the Stone Badge.
2 GYM UPDATE AS I DIDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY
-Went and defeated that team Aqua member.
-Defeated May using Cannon's Water Gun on Torkoal, and Dong's Astonish on Mudkip.
-Went ON A BOAT to Dewford.
-Did the cave, for level purposes.
-Grinded to Level 13
-Took on Dewford Gym.
-Defeated Brawly using Spinner's Rolling Kick on Machop, Cannon's Water Gun on Meditite and Dong's Confusion on Makuhita. Got the Knuckle Badge and the Bulk Up TM.

TEAM REPORT
Spoiler:

Horny/Rhyhorn@Silk Scarf
Sassy/Lightning Rod/Level 13/Male
Moveset:Rock Tomb
Stomp
Tail Whip
Horn Attack
Opinion: Has only fainted once, against a Machop using Low Kick ! Otherwise solid, has a STAB attack, however I prefer Stomp at the momment.Is very strong, both offensively and defensively. 8/10

Blitz'd/Flareon@
Gentle/Flash Fire/Level13/Male
Helping Hand
Sand Attack
Tail Whip
Opinion: Like I said to Sammu, wasn't looking forward to using him, but he DOES hit very hard,considering it's only attack is a non STAB Tackle. Only team member yet to have a STAB move (admittedly Horny would share this trait if I wasn't using TM's) 8/10

Spinner/Hitmontop@
Quiet/Intimidate/Level 14/Male
Moveset:Revenge
Pursuit
Bulk Up
Rolling Kick
Opinion:Great ability, great natural bulk, great stats. It starts off with 2 60 BP STAB attacks, so it hurts stuf. MVP at this point. 10/10.

Cannon/Remoraid @
Docile/Hustle/Level 14/Male
Moveset:Water Gun
Lock On
Opinion: It does good damage. Really enjoying using it. Wish it learnt a few more attacks, as its use is limited. 9/10.

Cloud 9/Swablu @
Naive/Natural Cure/Level 13/Female
Moveseteck
Steel Wing
Astonish
Sing
Opinion: Strange, literally soared at the start, now seems to start falling behind, and the next gym won't help. 7/10

Dong/Chimecho @
Serious/Levitate/Level 14/Female
Moveset:Confusion
Astonish
Wrap
Growl
Opinion:Confusion SAVED Dong from sucking. (No Pun Intended.) Now she is a machine.8/10

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 8th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
Skitty1

^ok thanks :D

___
Any thing except for... Skitty - I have never played Platinum so...
Number required:
Old March 9th, 2012 (04:59 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

^ok thanks :D

___
Number required:
Okay Skitty your 10 pokemon are
Houndoom
Leafeon
Gyarados
Luxray
Lopunny
Togekiss
Gallade
Lucario
Rampardos
Drapion

Shocker in Slateport
-Took THE BOAT to Slateport.
-Went to Slateport, did story stuff, defeated Team Aqua.
-Also did the battle tent, as this is the one game I am a sucker for the mini game.
-Went north to Mauville.
-Defeated May using Cloud 9's Peck on Lombre, Cannon's Water Gun on Slugma and Dong's Confusion on Marshtomp.
-Arrived in Mauville
-Defeated Wally using Cannon's Thief on Ralts.
-Got the Mach Bike.
- Did some more training.
-Took on the Winstrate's.
-Took on Mauville gym.
-Defeated Watson using Spinner's Revenge on Voltorb and Electrike and Horny's Stomp on both Magneton and Manectric. Got the Shock Wave TM and the Dynamo Badge.

TEAM REPORT
Spoiler:

Horny/Rhyhorn@Silk Scarf
Sassy/Lightning Rod/Level 21/Male
Stomp
Tail Whip
Horn Attack
Opinion: Sucked, then I entered the gym and it ruled. Resistance to normal attacks and immunity to electric means that Horny is at his peak. 8/10

Blitz'd/Flareon@MAcho Brace
Gentle/Flash Fire/Level 20/Male
Moveset:Ember
Tackle
Helping Hand
Tail Whip
Opinion: It dominated this whole part, with strong tackles and , finally, STAB EMBER !! but seriously MVP this part. 10/10

Spinner/Hitmontop@
Quiet/Intimidate/Level 19/Male
Pursuit
Bulk Up
Quick Attack
Opinion:Quick Attack, Pursuit and Bulk Up haven't boosted Spinner yet, he's been mediocre, and revenge is the go to move. 8/10.

Cannon/Remoraid @
Docile/Hustle/Level 19/Male
Moveset:Water Gun
Thief
Lock On
Opinion: Its fragility is starting to go against it. Also thief hits much weaker then I remember. 6/10.

Cloud 9/Swablu @
Naive/Natural Cure/Level 19/Female
Moveseteck
Steel Wing
Astonish
Fury Attack
Opinion: Still very middle of the road. Can't see her gettting worse, just can't see her getting much better. 7/10

Dong/Chimecho @
Serious/Levitate/Level 21/Female
Astonish
Take Down
Growl
Opinionhe is so beastly, she swept the Winstrates herself ! Relly Valuable to the team 9/10

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 9th, 2012 (05:11 AM).
Skitty1

^Actually let me revise my request...

Game: Leaf Green
Number required:
Complete the main game :D.
Old March 9th, 2012 (07:39 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Then scrap lopunny and rampardos from your 10 poke list

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 9th, 2012 (08:04 PM).
Chartreusk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I'd like to give this a try, please!

Name:
Emily
Game: Soul Silver
List of Pokemon that got away: Donphan, Starmie, Skarmory, Honchcrow, Clefable, Sunflora, Mamoswine, Quilfish, Mismagius, Walrein, Snorlax, Dugtrio, Kingdra, Magcargo, Flareon, Ursaring, Xatu, Smeargle, Altaria, Driftblim
Any specific requirements: At least one Pokemon that can learn surf, and one that can learn fly.

Platinum Friend Code:
3654 3223 8903

HeartGold Friend Code:
4727 8288 8322
Old March 10th, 2012 (02:30 AM). Edited March 10th, 2012 by Kimbo.
Kimbo
Trainer

Quote originally posted by Chartreusk:
I'd like to give this a try, please!

Name:
Emily
Game: Soul Silver
List of Pokemon that got away: Donphan, Starmie, Skarmory, Honchcrow, Clefable, Sunflora, Mamoswine, Quilfish, Mismagius, Walrein, Snorlax, Dugtrio, Kingdra, Magcargo, Flareon, Ursaring, Xatu, Smeargle, Altaria, Driftblim
Any specific requirements: At least one Pokemon that can learn surf, and one that can learn fly.
Hey there,
take Skarmory
Mamoswine
Starmie
Donphan
Xatu
Smeargle

WE BE BURNING!!
-Got Strength HM by doing that Rock Smash thing in that tunnel.
-Made my way forward.
-Arrived in Fallarbor Town.
-Arrived in Meteor Falls.
-Took on Team Magma on top of Mt Chimney.
-On my way down Mt Chimney Cannon evolved into Octillery.
-Arrived in Laveridge Town
-Delivered the Meteorite to Prof Cosmo.
-Took on Lavaridge Town Gym.
-Defeated Flannery using Horny's Strength on Numel, Horny's Rock Tomb on Slugma, Blitz'ds Return on Camerupt and Cannon's Octazooka on Torkoal. Got the Overheat TM and Heat Badge.

TEAM REPORT
All Opinions will be left till end game
Spoiler:

Horny/Rhyhorn@Silk Scarf
Sassy/Lightning Rod/Level 24/Male
Strength
Tail Whip
Rock Smash

Blitz'd/Flareon@Macho Brace
Gentle/Flash Fire/Level 25/Male
Return
Dig
Tail Whip

Spinner/Hitmontop@
Quiet/Intimidate/Level 25/Male
Pursuit
Bulk Up
Quick Attack

Cannon/Octillery @
Docile/Hustle/Level 25/Male
Moveset:Octazooka
Thief
Psybeam
Aurora Beam

Cloud 9/Swablu @
Naive/Natural Cure/Level 25/Female
Moveseteck
Steel Wing
Astonish
Secret Power

Dong/Chimecho @
Serious/Levitate/Level 25/Female
Shock Wave
Uproar
Yawn

Complete Challenges

Current Challenges
LeafGreen-Crystal-
Emerald-Platinum-Black
Old March 10th, 2012 (05:47 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Chartreusk.
Chartreusk
Beginning Trainer

Progress:
Well, I just went ahead and got my pokemon as early as I could, all around level 2-3. I would say the most interesting Pokemon is going to be Smeargle, as I'm not sure what moves I want to put in his slots yet. So thank you for picking that one for me, haha! I have some ideas, but I don't know where to find Pokemon with those moves, especially right now.

I'm grinding away at the moment. I'll update later on.
Team:
Chef the Smeargle
Gelato the Swinub
Gazpacho the Phanpy
Wasabi the Skarmory
Avacado the Staryu
Umami the Natu

EDIT:
So I just beat Whitney... I'd say she's the biggest pain in the butt out of all the Gym leaders. For some reason I've always had a problem with her, and she's so whiny! Anyway... I have 3 badges, and all of my Pokemon are still at their first evolution stages currently. I traded over a Pokemon to help my Smeargle learn spore, and I also taught him transform, so I will have a little bit of fun with that! We'll see what else I decide to teach him later on. I'm thinking maybe U-turn for easy switching? And maybe endeavor just to round things off. I know Smeargle has horrible stats so it would be useless to teach him attack moves.

Platinum Friend Code:
3654 3223 8903

HeartGold Friend Code:
4727 8288 8322
Old March 14th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

^Actually let me revise my request...

Game: Leaf Green
Number required:
Complete the main game :D.
I see that you've changed from Platinum to Leaf Green so I'll allocate you a new bunch of 8 Pokemon.

Give it a go on LG with...

Charizard, Jolteon, Victreebel, Starmie, Clefable, Primeape, Poliwrath and Aerodactyl.

Bear in mind that according to the rules in the original post, to complete the challenge you have to beat the Elite four at their highest level. That means you have to beat the Elite Four a second time in Leaf Green, by rematching them after the Sevii Islands.

Thanks Kimbo for giving people teams, you're a star. I've not been able to get online so much in the past couple of weeks so it's a big help.

Added Skitty1 and Chartreusk to the Challengers list.
Old March 15th, 2012 (07:38 PM).
Chartreusk
Beginning Trainer

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you Kimbo, for giving me a team!! Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with the one I have.

So I've just been progressing through the game... Grinding takes forever when you have six Pokemon, and they're all pre-evos. I traded a water stone from my Platinum and evolved my Staryu. I battled Morty, and I have a screenshot of my Smeargle kicking his butt! Using his own pokemon's moves against him... cruel, but it worked.
Spoiler:

And after that very same battle, my Natu evolved!
Spoiler:

I also defeated the Gym leader at Cianwood, nothing special happened. After grinding at the route below Lake of Rage, though, my Phanpy evolved. So... I'm about to take on the Rockets.

Platinum Friend Code:
3654 3223 8903

HeartGold Friend Code:
4727 8288 8322
Old March 17th, 2012 (09:21 AM).
GolurkIsDaBomb

I am the champion! I have completed my sapphire challenge, and had a blast doing it. My second and final update will come later, since I'm not up to typing it out right now. However....

I would like to start a new challenge! Heading back in Sinnoh, this is sure to be a challenge i won't soon forget. Will I win? Will I beat team galactic? Will this be the start of an ultamite challenge? Who knows! As for now...

Name:GDB

Game: Diamond

List of Pokemon that got away: Staraptor Crobat Steelix Machamp Mothim Vespiquen Pachirisu Floatzel Gastrodon Ambipom Lopunny Mismagius Honchcrow Skuntank Bronzong Rapidash Sudowoodo Mr. Mime Quagsire Girafarig Miltank Tauros Hippowdon Toxicroak Drapion Tentacruel Carnivine Abomasnow Lickilicky Jolteon Flareon Espeon Glaceon Leafeon Magnezone Yanmega Mamoswine Chimecho Octillery

Number: 5

Special requirements: None
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:37 AM).
Chartreusk
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
I am the champion! I have completed my sapphire challenge, and had a blast doing it. My second and final update will come later, since I'm not up to typing it out right now. However....

I would like to start a new challenge! Heading back in Sinnoh, this is sure to be a challenge i won't soon forget. Will I win? Will I beat team galactic? Will this be the start of an ultamite challenge? Who knows! As for now...

Name:GDB

Game: Diamond

List of Pokemon that got away: Staraptor Crobat Steelix Machamp Mothim Vespiquen Pachirisu Floatzel Gastrodon Ambipom Lopunny Mismagius Honchcrow Skuntank Bronzong Rapidash Sudowoodo Mr. Mime Quagsire Girafarig Miltank Tauros Hippowdon Toxicroak Drapion Tentacruel Carnivine Abomasnow Lickilicky Jolteon Flareon Espeon Glaceon Leafeon Magnezone Yanmega Mamoswine Chimecho Octillery

Number: 5

Special requirements: None
Hey, good job on completing your challenge!

For your new one, you can take:
Honchcrow
Magnezone
Skuntank
Sudowoodo
Octillery

Platinum Friend Code:
3654 3223 8903

HeartGold Friend Code:
4727 8288 8322
Old March 18th, 2012 (10:39 AM).
Kimbo
Trainer

Firstly Sammu and Chartre you are both welcome, I like to help where I feel I can
Now OVERDUE UPDATE
Daddy Issues
-Trained in the desert a little.
-Went throught the tunnel to Rustboro, then back to Petalburg.
-Took on the Petalburg Gym.
-Deffeated Daddy using Dong's Confusion on Spinda, Cannon's Octazooka on Vigoroth and Spinner's Revenge on Linoone and Slaking. Got the Facade TM and got the Badge.

TEAM REPORT
All Opinions will be left till end game
Spoiler:

Horny/Rhyhorn@Silk Scarf
Sassy/Lightning Rod/Level 26/Male
Strength
Tail Whip
Rock Smash

Blitz'd/Flareon@Macho Brace
Gentle/Flash Fire/Level 26/Male