The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 13th, 2010 (05:58 AM).
dooshboi

Hey guys!
I'm new to the forum and thought I'd contribute to the tutorial page because there aren't many Pokemon G/S hacks out there and I'm hoping there'll be more if i give some information on hacking Trainers.
First, you'll need a good Hex Editor (I use Windhex) and a proper RBYGS table file. Next, you'll need, obviously, a Pokemon Silver or Gold ROM.
Open the ROM in your hex editor of choice, with the correct table file. Now firstly, the Trainer Data is setup very differently in different parts of the ROM. Some will just give (PKMNLVL PKMN PKMNLVl PKMN FF) this is the most basic trainer setup. Remember, right before this, there is the Trainer's name followed by 50 00, 00 50, or 50 02, or something similar to that. The next Trainer format is (PKMNLVL PKMN MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE ETC.) SO BE CAREFUL WHEN EDITING THOSE.
Now, to get to the Trainer you need to edit, just search their name in the Text Search part of your Hex Editor, remember that their name will be in hex, too, so don't overwrite that data unless you know what you're doing! If you need a more specific location, the Trainer Teams start at around 0399CB.
Old October 21st, 2010 (06:34 AM).
pkmntrainerpaul
New account: P-Sign

This is pretty helpful.
I might give it a try sometimes
Old October 23rd, 2010 (04:27 AM).
dooshboi

Thanks (: I really want there to be more G/S/C hackers out there, so if you need any help, PM me.
Old October 24th, 2010 (11:17 AM).
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
I happened to make one of my own just like one and half a month ago :D
*It's in 2nd page of Tutorials -section now.

"Remember, right before this, there is the Trainer's name followed by 50 00, 00 50, or 50 02, or something similar to that."

The name of the trainer can be followed by 1) 50 00, 2) 50 01 or 3) 50 02 depending on the situation;
1) The pokemon the trainer has have no special moves
2) The pokemon have special moves
3) No special moves but an item is attached to the pokemon the trainer has

Other items the trainer has (for example Full Restores) aren't any part of the trainer data and I don't know if anyone has found out where they are located.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 24th, 2010 (03:06 PM).
dooshboi

Thanks miksy! :DI feel pretty stupid for not knowing that, haha.
Old February 23rd, 2011 (07:09 PM).
flyf123
Beginning Trainer

can you include all of the offsets in which i can i find the trainers, especially the gym leaders in crystal..

thanks in advance:D
Old February 23rd, 2011 (10:30 PM).
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyf123 View Post
can you include all of the offsets in which i can i find the trainers, especially the gym leaders in crystal..

thanks in advance:D
You can just search for the Gym leaders names in a hex editor.
Accept no imitations!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links