The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
...Gah.
You'd think Satoshi would, you know, train his Pokemon. :/ Either Satoshi has been neglecting the training aspect, or Shooti has been overpowered something awful. That whole battle had me going "omg let this catastrophe be over already."

Also, I feel like Mamepato has been being ignored. :(

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Team Rocket scene was the best part of the episode for me. Police Chase and Jet Packs(the real way to blast off) now you know pokemon is serious business. Mijumaru... Son you disappoint. Hatoobo took it out with a Wing Attack looks like and then follows with a quick win against Pokabu which wasn't as pathetic as Mijumaru but still not great all it showed was Ember, learn some more attack soon. Mamepato vs. Pururiru, Pururiru Water Pulse! K thanks for showing up. Tsutarja and Pikachu where pretty much the only ones that did anything. Ash really needs to step his game up cause he has look very lack luster so far.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old November 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post

Also, I feel like Mamepato has been being ignored.
Mamepato has been ignored a lot lately in the past few episodes. I think the main episode Mamepato wasn't ignored in was episode 8 and 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Team Rocket scene was the best part of the episode for me. Police Chase and Jet Packs(the real way to blast off) now you know pokemon is serious business.
Totally forgot about the epic Team Rocket on Jet Packs. That part was exciting. I'm glad we where able to see more Team Rocket stuff now.
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Mamepato gets enough screen time as any of the other pokemon, at least to me. Of course it wouldn't get much attention last episode because it was focused on Iris/Kibago. Just wondering but is that the guy that they are supposed to meet up with to go to Resort area with? Or do they meet the guy their?

Old November 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Good question. I think TR are suppose to meet the guy their but since the Police spotted them, they where probably going to go together or something.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Great episode. Besides me not understanding much dialogue and all.

Poor Mijumaru got beat up to quick now XD

Also, was I the only one who found it freaking funny when Mamepato got pwn'ed and slid down the window? XD Anyone? I hear PETA complaining!

And looks like our Dear Smugleaf's got potential. Maybe just like Bulbasaur, I don't want that sexy devil to evolve. Let her stay a Smugleaf, and in the Isshu league, let her attract all the Pokemon to the yard.

Also, things my Japanese impairment failed to understand:
  • How was Shooti convinced to battle Ash?
  • What the hell was Team Rocket Doing?
  • Why were the writers so stupid to not include guns with the Police officers?! COME ON. For once Team Rocket is raided by officers! And the only thing they're holding is their damn walky talkies! Not even any Pokemon!
  • Although, the above doesn't have to do with language impairment XD
  • What ability/attacks was Pururiru using?
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Pururiru ability was Cursed Body, it's attacks looked to be Water Pulse and Evil Eye. Maybe Night Shade, and I am guessing the Green Shield was Protect.

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Pururiru's attacks were Protect, Water Pulse, Night Shade and Evil Eye, and his ability is Cursed Body.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Well I don't blame Ash, I mean Shooti has two evolved Pokemon on his team, he'd really have train harder than before to beat some of those things. Next battle, don't know when that will be? But Ash, I'm sure will be better. Its weird how early they did this battle yah know? Ash/Paul's full battle happened a lot later in the D/P series, Ash didn't even have his full team yet. Well any ways, Team Rockets plot was pretty cool and all, but I hope they meet up with Ash and his team soon. I have a feeling it will be a pretty serious battle next time, I also hope Ash finally meets Team Rockets boss. Hopping since Ash lost to Shooti, that he trains his Pokemon a bit more now, what with his next gym coming up well.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Like I said before. Why didn't Ash start with Pikachu first?
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:35 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
I believe Iris was asking the exact same question.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

For me it wasn't that Shooti had two evolved pokemon it was how Ash's pokemon namely Mijumaru, Pokabu, and Mamepato can get beat that handily against him. Seriously Mijumaru one attack from Hatoobo.

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Maybe because Shooti probably expected him to use Pikachu since electric is stronger then flying but yeah Satoshi should have still used Pikachu to at least take that bird Pokemon out.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:51 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Well, the one-hit KO's to Pokabu and Mijumaru were due to Hatooboo's ability Super Luck being activated twice. :/
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
You guys realize this is just a TV show, right? They could make Ash train endlessly, but the writers would still make him lose. Ash isn't a real person, he's just a cartoon character that's stuck with writers who want to show him develop over the course of the series. Comments like "Ash is a bad battler, he needs to train more!" really don't make any sense. All I'm saying is that Ash was destined to lose.

Anyways, this episode was pretty darn boring. The only enjoyable part was Pikachu and Tsutarja's piece. Ash's negligence to type advantages are really hurting him now, aren't they? Pikachu actually managed to get a win, and Mamepato got 3 seconds of screentime! Things are looking up.

Paired to cr4y

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Well I think the real problem here is how Ash lost. He didn't even put up a good fight, with his first two pokemon being wiped out easily. If we had a better battle then we probably would've accepted that he lost.
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
You guys realize this is just a TV show, right? They could make Ash train endlessly, but the writers would still make him lose. Ash isn't a real person, he's just a cartoon character that's stuck with writers who want to show him develop over the course of the series. Comments like "Ash is a bad battler, he needs to train more!" really don't make any sense. All I'm saying is that Ash was destined to lose.

Anyways, this episode was pretty darn boring. The only enjoyable part was Pikachu and Tsutarja's piece. Ash's negligence to type advantages are really hurting him now, aren't they? Pikachu actually managed to get a win, and Mamepato got 3 seconds of screentime! Things are looking up.
XD I was just coming here to say exactly this. Don't hate the player, hate the writers of the player. Ash could have gone down more gracefully than this, but they chose not to. No, instead, they choose to give us BS: everyone knows Ash has been training for years while Shooti only has done so for months, and yet here we are. XD I always hated Shinji, so DP was just a nightmare whenever rival battles were involved (except Dawn's), but at least this time around I actually like Shooti.

In any case, this epidose sucked Voltorbs and Electrodes, lol. I even had a bowl of ice cream and everything all nicely set-up and instead I got some trashy-ass episode with no entertainment value except for Shooti's gorgeous Janovy (j'adore <333), Ash's epic Tsutaja (j'adore plus <333) and their epic battle. Also, I like Pururiru more now plz. :D

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:20 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Such episodes make me want to punch the writers.... Why on earth in Isshu do random newbies like Shooti go beat a trainer who has been battling for years together again and again?

Let me go back to the episode..
First off, were Iris and Dento taunting Shooti and were responsible for convincing him to battle Ash?

And... I can't believe the way Mijumaru and Pokabu got 1 hit KO'd... Well, at least that overconfident otter deserved that. XD;; It's high time Ash should take type advantages into consideration. But it was nice to see the God of Pokemon PWN'ing Hatooboo like that. XD lol Iris seems to have switched sides.

O_O Jetpacks? Team Rocket? Man.. I sure miss the balloons.. xD

Ash actually used Tsutaja's attract. Impressive. But Ash lost in the end.. I guess now we know why Pururiro is a strong opponent. Poor Tsutaja. ;;

I'd say, Ash committed too many strategic blunders in the battle, his Pokemon would have been capable of defeating Shooti if Ash wouldn't have executed his plans so poorly. I was rather upset about Ash loosing, but it wasn't a close battle at all and he reserved to lose. I think Ash would be able to defeat Shooti the next time they battle.
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Hmmm, why has Ash been loosing so far if he's been battling for years. :/

Oh, I don't know, because the only Pokemon he's been battling for 'years' with is Pikachu and the other 4 are newbies of the region. Just because Ash has month's of skill, does not automatically mean it will transfer over to his newly caught Pokemon.

The fact still remains that he hasn't trained any of the Pokemon he's caught and the only one that stood a chance aside from Pikachu was Tsutarja. Yes, we can blame the writers, since they write the show, but still. New region, new wet behind the ears Pokemon. Ash's answer to every problem is for Pikachu to light it up with Thunderbolt or kill it with Volt Tackle, but Zekrom came and used his special plot ability to teach Pikachu a lesson, his two most powerful and main moves were gone and he ends up losing to a starting Trainers Tsutarja.

Mijumaru was just as wet behind the ears as Tsutarja, but unlike Ash, Shooti trained the starter he got from Araragi. Pokabu had been abandoned without food, won its first ever battle and that was all she wrote. Mamepato is just blessed with suck, because she's the obligatory bird and won't get cool until she evolves. Tsutarja seems to have fought frequently in the wild if you want to go about how durable it is and Pikachu, well its just Pikachu, just because he's beaten legendaries, does not make him the most amazing Pokemon ever that can beat whatever comes his way. It makes Pikachu strong, but not unbeatable. Its just all about how he trains his Pokemon and frankly, Ash doesn't train his Pokemon well, he just shouts 'I believe in you!' and 'The power of friendship and love-love will see us through!' then they win
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
You make a lot of good points, Shadow Yashi. Thinking things more clearly now (let's pretend this is not the writers' doing), he lost for being too reckless, too emotional, not calculating and not decisive enough. Sending Miju first was a piss-poor choice, and having Pikachu battle Janovy was as well. He wrecked his way through the battle and he paid the price. Should have led with Pikachu and should have sent out Tsutaja against Janovy beforehand, so his strongest pogey wouldn't have been taken out. A good electric attack or two would have shut down that Pururiru. :>

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

Did anyone know Pururiru only learns Evil Eye at Level 43? He must of did some major grinding in the last 9 episodes.

Plus, Pururiru cannot be encountered without surfing, which I doubt is obtainable for shooti since he doesn't have any other Water Pokemon or even get HM03 this early O_o.

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
Did anyone know Pururiru only learns Evil Eye at Level 43? He must of did some major grinding in the last 9 episodes.

Plus, Pururiru cannot be encountered without surfing, which I doubt is obtainable for shooti since he doesn't have any other Water Pokemon or even get HM03 this early O_o.
You know the anime doesn't follow the game's rules. The writers usually ignore the routes were the pokemon show up in the game or else Ash wouldn't haven't been able to catch a Mamepato so early.
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:54 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Yeah the Anime doesn't go by the games..
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
JezzaRules
Charmander Lover

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JezzaRules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meduza View Post

If that was the case, I would have my Ononokus flatten his team if my pokemon White char was in the anime.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Ash's Mijuu....Oshawott and his Pokaa....Tepig needs to learn new moves.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here