The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Time for another Pokemon Ranger episode.
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Listening to the music, I'm going to go on a limb and guess that this doesn't keep all of the Japanese BGM? It might just be me though so I don't know.

The episode itself seemed alright. Nothing special. I liked James's reaction to realizing he couldn't use the Ranger capture device thing. Very funny.
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This is one of the few episodes I skipped in Japanese.

I noticed they had to be careful with the narrator's words in this episode as the Grand Festival just finished last week. More or less though, the episode was pretty much enjoyable. A good way to showcase the latest Pokémon Ranger game as well as the exclusive Eruption Heatran.

I loved how optimistic "Pokémon Ranger" Ben was. Oh, and let's not forget that Team Rocket actually didn't get blasted away this time. XD;
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

I was looking forward to this episode, since I'm currently working on 'Guardian Signs.' Ben was quite the positive character, funny as well.

Team Rocket's failure to use the Capture Styler was completely expected. James put it on, and I thought "it's not gonna work." It was real funny when it actually didn't.

And, after a while of decent dialogue by Team Rocket in recent previous episodes, the script writers just dumped the rhymes into this one. I think this is the most rhymes I've heard from TR in one episode. I believe I even heard Meowth say "dude." Wow, really?

Overall, a nice filler.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Vernikova

What's wrong with saying "Dude"?
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
What's wrong with saying "Dude"?
It's just something I would've never expected to hear on Pokemon. And with TR's already horrendous dialogue and Meowth using phrases like "dig it," using "dude" just put Team Rocket below rock bottom.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:02 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I actually pictured Natsuya/Ben voice like that so that made my day. I did picture his English name a bit differently though. I liked both Jap version and American version.
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Vernikova

It's funny yet weird how Ash & co. seemed to take a backseat in this episode. There need to be more episodes like this.

e:
CARTOON NETWORK 1.9/10 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.4/17; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.3/11; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.7/11; Sym-Bionic Titan 2.0/10; Generator Rex 1.7/8; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.9/8; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.6/7; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.8/8; Zathura (1x120) 2.2/11

Last edited by Vernikova; October 25th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Wow, I found this episode boring. Just whining complaining complaints from me...the ranger guy annoyed me with how optimistic he was. It's not like Pokemon is lacking in optimistic characters...

- Huh, so in this Ranger special, they're using dub BGM
- What a terrible voice Feraligtr has
- ...Do I really need to see *two* adverts over the screen that ScoobyDoo's going to be on?
- wtf is up with the dub music when they're just walking about. It's like on repeat
- Teaching kiddies to run into volcanoes
- Aha, it looked like James was going to step on his hand when he was over the edge of the cliff

Music kept: (3)

TR Sneaking theme
Ranger guy talks about his grandfather
TR Sinnoh Motto theme
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links