Episode DiscussionWhether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.
This is one of the few episodes I skipped in Japanese.
I noticed they had to be careful with the narrator's words in this episode as the Grand Festival just finished last week. More or less though, the episode was pretty much enjoyable. A good way to showcase the latest Pokémon Ranger game as well as the exclusive Eruption Heatran.
I loved how optimistic "Pokémon Ranger" Ben was. Oh, and let's not forget that Team Rocket actually didn't get blasted away this time. XD;
I was looking forward to this episode, since I'm currently working on 'Guardian Signs.' Ben was quite the positive character, funny as well.
Team Rocket's failure to use the Capture Styler was completely expected. James put it on, and I thought "it's not gonna work." It was real funny when it actually didn't.
And, after a while of decent dialogue by Team Rocket in recent previous episodes, the script writers just dumped the rhymes into this one. I think this is the most rhymes I've heard from TR in one episode. I believe I even heard Meowth say "dude." Wow, really?
Wow, I found this episode boring. Just whining complaining complaints from me...the ranger guy annoyed me with how optimistic he was. It's not like Pokemon is lacking in optimistic characters...
- Huh, so in this Ranger special, they're using dub BGM
- What a terrible voice Feraligtr has
- ...Do I really need to see *two* adverts over the screen that ScoobyDoo's going to be on?
- wtf is up with the dub music when they're just walking about. It's like on repeat
- Teaching kiddies to run into volcanoes
- Aha, it looked like James was going to step on his hand when he was over the edge of the cliff
Music kept: (3)
TR Sneaking theme
Ranger guy talks about his grandfather
TR Sinnoh Motto theme