The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
I already know what I'm going to do for Entei and Raikou and Buena's Password. Also, I changed the Espeon/Umbreon evolutions in this new patch that makes it so that whatever it shows in-game will be what Eevee will evolve in to. That is, if it shows day, morning, or afternoon - Espeon. If it shows night - Umbreon.

All right, I will! Thanks!

Now, here's that feature you guys have been waiting for...
Apricorn Balls!

That's right, Kurt now gives you Apricorn Balls in exchange for Apricorns. The balls, their images, and their effects have all been added in! Hope you enjoy!
Up next on my feature list to tackle? The Bug-Catching Contest! Stay tuned for that!
Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:59 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonCoyote View Post
Diego, mind=blown. I've had a copy of B1 for the longest time, and i started playing it today, since I have a week off for spring break. I just hit the sudowoodo end in B1 and saw that you pushed out B2 not too long ago! Awesome work! Keep it up! XD

P.S. I'm messing around with cheats, trying to break the game. lol Well done! It hasn't failed me yet! XD

EDIT: I lied. Just several bugs. One is when I talk to (Eugene??) that guy in the burned tower. His name is bugged out. Another is when I surf and get to that one ruin towards the bottom. It opens a hole in the wall and I'm able to get all four items (i don't though. my bag is full). However, after I get the "Thus We Will Erect A Pokemon Statue Outside" message and fall down that hole, if I encounter a pokemon, the game freezes. I have screencaps, but the post limit doesn't allow me to post URLs... I'll try to work around it. Send me a PM for screenies...

Another bug: Calling you via the pokegear actually phones Mr. Stone from some non-existant company

Another bug: Met suicune after making all three dogs scatter from the burnt tower. Can't interact with it... it's just standing there. I can't talk to it or anything. Took a screencap of this too.
It sounds to me like you tried using your save file from Beta 1. Delete your save and play from the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...
Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying my hack!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Christianzeo
Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer

Nature: Brave
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/es.pokemon/images/f/f9/Blastoise_en_Pokémon_Mundo_Misterioso.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111027155858/nintendo/en/images/0/0b/Snorlax.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/341/0/f/Tyranitar_v_2_by_Xous54.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/archive/5/50/20100717202809!Arcanine.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://files.myopera.com/kevinj25/albums/507031/thumbs/Lapras.png_thumb.jpg[IMG]
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
NeonCoyote
Beginning Trainer

I have to start all over again? Bummer... I guess I'll just hack new pokemon in... :/
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianzeo View Post
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?
Yeah, the Odd Egg has a 50% chance of being shiny (like in Jap Crystal).
Thanks for playing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.
Can you tell me which room this is in? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?
My bad, I didn't notice you could do that in Crystal. Fixed and uploaded.
Quote:
I have to start all over again? Bummer... I guess I'll just hack new pokemon in... :/
All right, but if you're going to hack in Gen III Pokémon, keep in mind that they are not supported ATM.

My other resources:
My Website
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
When you surf down to the bottom right cave at Ruins if Alph.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:44 PM
pokegirl42
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
this looks intresting can't wait till it's done
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM
NeonCoyote
Beginning Trainer

Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them.

Last edited by NeonCoyote; March 27th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Hi! diego... Just wanted to ask...
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?
2.Will we be able to complete the johto dex(not national dex)?

Quote:
yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...

Last edited by The Brahma Bull; March 27th, 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:57 AM
NeonCoyote
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...
The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Albert Clare
Sir Fluffy

Nature: Gentle
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
diegoisawesome

Quote:
All right, got it. Fixed and uploaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokegirl42 View Post
this looks intresting can't wait till it's done
All right, but play it now anyways!
Quote:
Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them.
Fixed the Persian statue bug. Also, the Pryce event and the TR event are related. Download the new patch and talk to Pryce again; that should fix it. If not... well, I guess I'll have to patch your ROM specially to get you past that event.
Quote:

1. Trading is possible but trade evolutions have been replaced with other types.
2. You will be able to complete the Dexes later in the game.
Quote:
The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.
Actually, it's Flash, and it's due to a bug I made when I changed the variables to not interfere with other events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Clare View Post
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.
Yeah, exactly.

To all: I hope that the Ruins of Alph work exactly like they should for everyone now, because I've got to get back to making the Bug-Catching Contest.

My other resources:
My Website
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything
That's exactly where it ends. You never get Elm's call, thus you never get on the S.S. Aqua and never go to Kanto.

Well... not never. Just wait for Beta 3.

My other resources:
My Website
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Albert Clare
Sir Fluffy

Nature: Gentle
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:52 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.
I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

Last edited by Maxim; March 31st, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:08 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:06 AM
diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Kanto will be a bit different, although the Safari Zone probably won't be added in (or maybe as an abandoned facility that is starting to fall apart... ).
Quote:
hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...
Well, the reason I don't have that feature is the same reason why I don't have Mom saving money for you. I don't know how to make a box that will let you choose a number..
Thanks for the feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Clare View Post
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.
Fixed, but I'm holding off on uploading until the Contest is done.
Quote:
Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...
The guy outside of the Game Corner is there, but I don't have the Underground shops yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.
Thanks for the comments!
I don't think it would be worth it to change Roulette into Card Flip (they're almost the same thing, and it's better than everything being the slots). And like I said above, a few changes will be made to Kanto.
Quote:
diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...
My bad, that will be fixed and uploaded later.

Progress on the Bug-Catching Contest:
I have the script that leads you in and gives you 20 Park Balls, as well as the start menu changing while in it.

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; March 31st, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Farizerz

hi diego!
i just came here to say your hack is awesome! i like the day&night feature but i don't see any difference between day&night because i can't find gastly, noctowl and any other night pokemon, is it just me or you actually didn't add night pokemon ? if you don't mind adding them would be great

and one more thing, IMHO i think its better to add any pokemon which can only found in G/S to your crystal dust to make completing pokedex more easier

Last edited by Farizerz; March 31st, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

hi! diego, its great to hear about the progress on bug catching contest...
I see that the words are overflowng from the box in the descriptin of some pokemon in pokedex, in status or summary screen of a pokemon owned & even in description of berries... I guess the reason for this is that you are using a FR/LG font,right? Can you some how fix it...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links