The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
ADLFM14
Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
i really loved the idea for making a story of my fav gbc game pokemon crystal a gba game really nice keep up the good work dude
Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:36 PM
vezix
Vezix

Nature: Brave
hey .... is the haircut shop at underground at goldenrod city never opened?
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM
leachim_paloyz15
~ セールマイケル

Send a message via Yahoo to leachim_paloyz15 Send a message via Skype™ to leachim_paloyz15
Waaa! This looks awesome!
I just downloaded the BETA 2, we'll see.

Old June 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLFM14 View Post
i really loved the idea for making a story of my fav gbc game pokemon crystal a gba game really nice keep up the good work dude
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezix View Post
hey .... is the haircut shop at underground at goldenrod city never opened?
Sorry, not in this beta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leachim_paloyz15 View Post
Waaa! This looks awesome!
I just downloaded the BETA 2, we'll see.
Hope you enjoy the hack!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Since this hack is supposed to be very authentic, I'm just curious, but why are you using Kanto trees in Johto? G/S/C had taller, pointer trees for Johto, and Kanto just used the exact tree tiles from the Japanese Red & Green versions.

To make it more "authentic", I think you should use a custom tree for Johto, and then use the FR/LG trees for Kanto.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM
helmy96
Now planning a hack, nid help

Nature: Lonely
Another crystal remake! Finish this and let's play liquid crystal as well and compare them :D Love how you stayed true to the game!

Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Since this hack is supposed to be very authentic, I'm just curious, but why are you using Kanto trees in Johto? G/S/C had taller, pointer trees for Johto, and Kanto just used the exact tree tiles from the Japanese Red & Green versions.

To make it more "authentic", I think you should use a custom tree for Johto, and then use the FR/LG trees for Kanto.
Well, I'd like a lot of things to look different in Johto, but when I asked for a tiler to see what they could do (because current public tiles aren't what I'm looking for) nobody stepped up/suggested what I needed. When I can get nice, FireRed-styled Johto tiles, then I will certainly insert them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmy96 View Post
Another crystal remake! Finish this and let's play liquid crystal as well and compare them :D Love how you stayed true to the game!
Thank you! Glad you like it!

My other resources:
My Website
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Hey! Been long time...
Why the dragonair in blackthorn city(house with old lady) stays still like a doll... It doesnt face at u when talked from other sides...
I found all the weekly siblings except for Santos of saturday... I looked everywhere in blackthorn city but he is just not there...
Anyway still great hack & desparately waiting for the next beta... Keep us updating if u r working on it...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Eru_Paul
Unhatched Egg

Hi! I found a mistake when you walk around the Tin Tower, you can walk through between the trees and the left side of the tower.

I anxiously expect the next beta (and I hope I don't have to erase my sav. hahaha)
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Hi! I think you should use the battle tower building either from ruby/sapphire or emerald because the current building that you are using resembles a trainer tower of firered which is not a battle tower...
Battle tower in R/S/E,HG/SS,D/P/Pt are similar as Game freak intended it to be... Battle tower & trainer tower from fired are two separate towers...
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
YogiBerra

Hello,

I downloaded the most recent beta a few days ago and immediately fell in love. This is one of the best made hacks I have ever seen. I just finished reading the thread and wanted to report to you how great this is. I am currently in Ice Path and in no hurry to finish the beta anytime soon.

The Pokegear is great, the day/night system is good, everything is spot on to Crystal (except for the Headbutt trees lacking the entire list of Pokemon they should have ;_; oh well). I have no complaints other than the Phone Card not working, but I have faith in your ability to fix that in the future.

You've said you're looking for a tile maker, and nobody has really stepped up. Well, although I have very little experience making tiles specifically, I know my way around some image editing programs and am a quick study, so I would be willing to help. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can discuss. Although I will admit I didn't really notice anything too terribly similar to the Kanto region from FireRed other than the trees, but that's probably because I'm not terribly observant.

I also wanted to thank you for making your XSE tutorial way back whenever you made it. It has really helped me a lot in my own hacking endeavors (limited as they may be currently) and I appreciate it a lot.

Great hack, and I'm really looking forward to another beta, and eventually the full release. If you want or need any help I would be fully willing to provide my services, I've done a bit of hacking and am currently (passively) working on a hack of my own.
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Hey! Been long time...
Why the dragonair in blackthorn city(house with old lady) stays still like a doll... It doesnt face at u when talked from other sides...
I found all the weekly siblings except for Santos of saturday... I looked everywhere in blackthorn city but he is just not there...
Anyway still great hack & desparately waiting for the next beta... Keep us updating if u r working on it...
Santos of Saturday should be on the other side of the right-hand ledge under the gym. The bug has been fixed and uploaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eru_Paul View Post
Hi! I found a mistake when you walk around the Tin Tower, you can walk through between the trees and the left side of the tower.

I anxiously expect the next beta (and I hope I don't have to erase my sav. hahaha)
Fixed and uploaded. Just letting you know, you'll probably have to restart because I'm constantly adding flags and variables to be set before the game starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Hi! I think you should use the battle tower building either from ruby/sapphire or emerald because the current building that you are using resembles a trainer tower of firered which is not a battle tower...
Battle tower in R/S/E,HG/SS,D/P/Pt are similar as Game freak intended it to be... Battle tower & trainer tower from fired are two separate towers...
Well, I would use the tiles for the Battle Tower, but they don't fit with FireRed's graphical style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
Hello,

I downloaded the most recent beta a few days ago and immediately fell in love. This is one of the best made hacks I have ever seen. I just finished reading the thread and wanted to report to you how great this is. I am currently in Ice Path and in no hurry to finish the beta anytime soon.

The Pokegear is great, the day/night system is good, everything is spot on to Crystal (except for the Headbutt trees lacking the entire list of Pokemon they should have ;_; oh well). I have no complaints other than the Phone Card not working, but I have faith in your ability to fix that in the future.

You've said you're looking for a tile maker, and nobody has really stepped up. Well, although I have very little experience making tiles specifically, I know my way around some image editing programs and am a quick study, so I would be willing to help. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can discuss. Although I will admit I didn't really notice anything too terribly similar to the Kanto region from FireRed other than the trees, but that's probably because I'm not terribly observant.

I also wanted to thank you for making your XSE tutorial way back whenever you made it. It has really helped me a lot in my own hacking endeavors (limited as they may be currently) and I appreciate it a lot.

Great hack, and I'm really looking forward to another beta, and eventually the full release. If you want or need any help I would be fully willing to provide my services, I've done a bit of hacking and am currently (passively) working on a hack of my own.
Thanks for the offer and praise! As an example of your ability, can you send me trees that are in the FireRed style of graphics but resemble the trees from GSC? They need to be as big as FireRed's trees too.

My other resources:
My Website
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Whispeon
Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution

Nature: Gentle
Absolutely fantastic. The best Crystal remake I've ever played! (well, the first, too, but that's not important)

I've found a couple of hitches along the way. They aren't hugely important, but it will help make the game a little better:
-You got Entei and Raikou's cries the wrong way round when you release the dogs from the burned tower.
-In the house on the route to the League (forgot which route it is), if you click the radio, it says something about books instead.

Also, I would maybe suggest putting the Pokémon Contest hall where the Pokéatholon is in HGSS (although considering you want Johto to be pretty much the same as it is in Crystal, I'd imagine something like this would go on one of the Sevii Islands.
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
YogiBerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Thanks for the offer and praise! As an example of your ability, can you send me trees that are in the FireRed style of graphics but resemble the trees from GSC? They need to be as big as FireRed's trees too.
I'm working on this now, and I've basically finished except for the coloring, which I find is the hardest part of spriting. But as soon as I'm finished I will PM you the image.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Dimebag

I love this hack !!!! It's great! But one of the things i don't like very much is the tiles...Why ????? Why did you use FR/LG tiles in an emerald hack ? ( since emerald's tileset is awesome) . Other than that the hack looks good.I'll play it when it's finished oh and this game will be a 100% remake of crystal right ? or it will have a post game quest ? ( like liquid crystal has orange islands ) And finally, is beta 3 the final one ?

Last edited by Dimebag; July 16th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Lemme make you feel good! This game feels very authentic and true to the Johto region. Lovin' it!
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I can't believe I still haven't finished the game! I had like a bunch of screenies saved on my phone with some wall glitches but they got erased. So far, so good!
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:43 AM
nakroz
Unhatched Egg

awesome work man !! i havent play the hack yet, i'll wait the final version but, i have just few questions:
1. How i can rematch the trainers ? (like in emerald or like in red fire?)
2. what did u do for the pokmn which evolve by trading ?
3. will be there all pokemon until the third gen ?
4. the moves will have a distinction from physical and special or will be like the other game until the third gen ?
sorry hope u understand my english s bad

Last edited by nakroz; July 19th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Eru_Paul
Unhatched Egg

It's a really small detail, but in the battle towerm the trainers have Hoenn pokémon... (I really hate 3rd gen pokémon xD), shouldn't it be only Kanto/Johto Pokémon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakroz View Post
awesome work man !! i havent play the hack yet, i'll wait the final version but, i have just few questions:
4. the moves will have a distinction from physical and special or will be like the other game until the third gen ?
1. You cannot rematch them (yet).
2. You have to guess. ;D
3. (I'll let the creator answer that - I hope not xD)
4. (I'll let the creator answer that)

Last edited by Eru_Paul; July 19th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispeon View Post
Absolutely fantastic. The best Crystal remake I've ever played! (well, the first, too, but that's not important)

I've found a couple of hitches along the way. They aren't hugely important, but it will help make the game a little better:
-You got Entei and Raikou's cries the wrong way round when you release the dogs from the burned tower.
-In the house on the route to the League (forgot which route it is), if you click the radio, it says something about books instead.

Also, I would maybe suggest putting the Pokémon Contest hall where the Pokéatholon is in HGSS (although considering you want Johto to be pretty much the same as it is in Crystal, I'd imagine something like this would go on one of the Sevii Islands.
Thanks for the comments! The two bugs you've mentioned have been fixed and the patch has been uploaded. Also, I am planning on putting the Contest Gall on one of the Islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
I'm working on this now, and I've basically finished except for the coloring, which I find is the hardest part of spriting. But as soon as I'm finished I will PM you the image.
Thanks! Can't wait to see your work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
I love this hack !!!! It's great! But one of the things i don't like very much is the tiles...Why ????? Why did you use FR/LG tiles in an emerald hack ? ( since emerald's tileset is awesome) . Other than that the hack looks good.I'll play it when it's finished oh and this game will be a 100% remake of crystal right ? or it will have a post game quest ? ( like liquid crystal has orange islands ) And finally, is beta 3 the final one ?
The reason I used FR/LG styled graphics is because, personally, I dislike RSE's graphical style. I much prefer FR/LG's style to it. Also, CrystalDust will have a post-game quest that takes place in the Sevii Isles. No, Beta 3 won't be the final beta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Lemme make you feel good! This game feels very authentic and true to the Johto region. Lovin' it!
Thanks for the praise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
I can't believe I still haven't finished the game! I had like a bunch of screenies saved on my phone with some wall glitches but they got erased. So far, so good!
Wow, you still haven't finished it? Haha, maybe you should get to doing that? And wall glitches?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakroz View Post
1. You can't, not yet.
2. I changed their evolutions to ones available in-game. Find out what they are!
3. There will be Pokémon from the third gen, at least in the Sevii Isles.
4. No, the Physical/Special split will not be in this hack.
Thanks for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eru_Paul View Post
It's a really small detail, but in the battle towerm the trainers have Hoenn pokémon... (I really hate 3rd gen pokémon xD), shouldn't it be only Kanto/Johto Pokémon?

1. You cannot rematch them (yet).
2. You have to guess. ;D
3. (I'll let the creator answer that - I hope not xD)
4. (I'll let the creator answer that)
Well, the Battle Tower is still unfinished. I just basically made it playable for anyone who wanted to battle in it - I didn't refine it.

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; July 19th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Dimebag

will all 386 be obtainable without trading ?
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
will all 386 be obtainable without trading ?
That's planned, but not yet.
Also, on an unrelated note, a small fix was uploaded which contains working CUTtable really tall grass.

My other resources:
My Website
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Yukima
Mad Scientist

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Yukima
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukima View Post
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.
Oh man... I put that in as a test to get me to Ecruteak quickly for something with the CUTtable really tall grass.... and I left that in in the published version. Whoops! The new version has been uploaded; just redownload it and apply it.

My other resources:
My Website
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
pokevictor
Beginning Trainer

wow just wow ur incorporating two maps into the game just wow that alot of work especially preventing it from mixing time events very nice work
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links