Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old August 10th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
Hmm... no one's encountered the rival bug? Odd. I'll try recreating it, I know that I've got the latest version of Crystaldust running and that my emulator's working properly. Could be just a one time random SNAFU. Only thing weird that I can think of that I did, was contact the guy who gives you a map card and take the tour after I get the phonecall from Elm.

EDIT 1: did it exactly as before, same black screen. Happens without fail.
EDIT 2: talked to the guy and got the map card before going to Mr. Pokemon's house. It's definitely not those two events, because the black screen happens without fail there too. This is really weird. I'll try going from a fresh start, and with a new ROM.
EDIT 3: I guess it just screwed up during the patching process before, or something. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you with this.
Glad to see you could sort it out.
Quote originally posted by cooley:
We have the same Rocket Admin sprites, haha.
I'm impressed by the hack however. Emerald isn't an easy ROM to hack, I'll look forward to playing this one. Kudos.
Thanks for the comment!

Well guys, Hack of the Quarter is still going on and CrystalDust is losing by almost ten votes. If you like CrystalDust, go vote now!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
GBA Intro Manager
Old August 11th, 2012 (04:10 AM).
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
My vote for Pokemon CrystalDust... Come on guys we need more votes...
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:26 AM).

I did vote for Crystal Dust! :D

I wonder... do you have an aprox. date to release the Beta 3?

I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious. :3
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:44 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 13th, 2012 (05:39 AM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by The Brahma Bull:
My vote for Pokemon CrystalDust... Come on guys we need more votes...
Yeah, we need as much votes as we can get.
Quote originally posted by Eru_Paul:
I did vote for Crystal Dust! :D

I wonder... do you have an aprox. date to release the Beta 3?

I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious. :3
No, I never have approximate release dates for betas.
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that.

Cyclone
That's incorrect, I'm not working on them concurrently. I work on one, release it, then work on the other. Please stop answering for me.

CrystalDust has fallen behind again in HotQ. It's at least 20 votes behind Snakewood and one behind Dark Future. We want CrystalDust to win, so go and help by voting here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old August 13th, 2012 (01:34 PM).

Very nice hack will be trying this out soon!
Old August 16th, 2012 (11:35 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works?
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them?
8. will u add new maps
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d
Old August 16th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Notepads:
Very nice hack will be trying this out soon!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the game!
Quote originally posted by ElitePokes:
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol I'm hoping that I can get this working for Beta 3.
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works? Not yet, it's something else I want in for Beta 3.
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later Weather may be used in future maps, such as on the Sevii Islands.
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal Maybe in the future, definitely in the future, pretty much.
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this I'm hoping to have this in for Beta 3.
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon Beta 2 ends after the Johto quest (aka after you get into the Hall of Fame). Beta 3 will be worked on after the next beta of my other game, Shining Opal, is released.
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them? Pokémon from gen 3 will be available in the wild on the Sevii Islands. Legendaries will have their own plotlines in the future.
8. will u add new maps Yes.
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal Not at the moment, but this is planned.
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d
Responses above in bold.
Quote originally posted by Erection:
SAme here it looks really interesting.
Thanks!

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old August 16th, 2012 (12:16 PM). Edited August 16th, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d
Old August 16th, 2012 (01:39 PM).
Eye of the Storm

ElitePokes, items 1, 4, and 9 are things I wondered and I also brought those up.

I was not familiar with the Ruins puzzles (I don't recall if I tried them on the ROM as the story went away from there and I quit before going back, so I never had an Unown either but will make sure to in SS when I play), so I actually asked how they were supposed to work. I am familiar with this, so maybe someday it will match this as closely as possible; I hope identically, but we'll see.

The trainers in the Match Call...yeah, weird Route numbers were listed. I was confused. I hope those get working, and if they can't, I'm sure the feature is easy to pull by removing all scripts related to it (and in fact never GIVING it to the player). I think the complication is that it's hard-coded to Emerald's Route system.

I discovered while researching the Sevii Islands two beta maps that never got used in the official game; I'm dearly hoping those get turned into something useful. My hope is at least one legendary plot line, but it's his call on that. Using those two additional maps increases the use of third-gen Pokémon however, especially in the water...maybe the strongest ones can go in those two unknown areas and they only get added to the map upon being visited (like Rebirth Island...speaking of which, that item would need to be obtained somehow somewhere since we can't collect event items unlocking the areas, but I'm sure that's covered in the plans).

I don't get the point of Mom saving money. After all, it reduces what you have on hand and limits your abilities. I don't get why that was a feature at all in any official game. Does it earn interest?

I think the reason the game didn't do well in the vote (way behind in third right now, go vote for it if you still can) is because it's virtually identical to Crystal, which is a shame...I like the fact it maintains that simplicity, and the fact that it was done on the Emerald platform is a remarkable achievement. I can tell you it's harder to do a remake than it is to do any other type of hack, specifically because you have to match exactly what is shown in the other game, no deviations. Of course, what you add on top of the basic story can be what makes the hack unique, such as a weird cave that shows up later in the game on, say, Route 34 that wasn't there before (something clearly blows a hole in a wall to cause this), or word of a cave on a new map connected to an original one at an appropriate spot (say at the top of a waterfall) that could lead to something new, or even connect to another new region with third-gen. Pokémon. The options for adding on to a remake like this are limitless, and I am sure there are a lot of things diego wants to try once the rest of the game is working. For now, I won't keep going into random ideas since there's no point right now.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 16th, 2012 (08:28 PM).
Banned

what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing
i wish they would unite the projects and make a perfect remake lol
Old August 16th, 2012 (08:53 PM).
Eye of the Storm

We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening.

Cyclone

Old August 16th, 2012 (10:09 PM).
Banned

heheh.
thats my last msg till beta 3 gets released bb all :d
Old August 18th, 2012 (12:31 AM). Edited August 18th, 2012 by mavy42.
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle

Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
Old August 18th, 2012 (01:21 PM).

I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^
Old August 18th, 2012 (06:17 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Camred123:
I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^
Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?

That is awesome praise, BTW. Never looked at it that way and yes, it does work very well so far. However, I've broken from it for now to play the real SS so I can work on getting a Shiny Nincada out of Emerald once I have the two games finished.

Cyclone

Old August 18th, 2012 (07:48 PM).
I play for keeps!

Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?
Basically in GSC, Team Rocket's goal is to contact Giovani because he left without a word and people want him back after the team being disbanded. In HGSS though, they added a little bit of a plot twist later on.
Old August 19th, 2012 (02:38 PM).
Banned

umm since diego wants it to look like a vanilla crystalbi dnt think this will happen but he could add giovani in the islands if he adds some good plot for him
anyway what happened in hg and ss i nevr played those and never will :d
Old August 21st, 2012 (02:53 PM).
Soda Lovin' Professor

Nature: Naive
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!
Old August 22nd, 2012 (12:19 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Dr. Fizzle:
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!
It's not that hard if you are extra careful =)
We were just kinda afraid because of the bad feedback and how easily it glitches.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 22nd, 2012 (06:18 AM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d
Gameboid shouldn't have any more bugs than VBA, but I'm not sure as I haven't tested there. Also, the GS ball will have an event in CrystalDust, just wait.
what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing
We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening.

Cyclone
Well, I'm already good friends with LaZ, so no need for any approaching. And I don't think that there will be any "importing" like you say.
Quote originally posted by mavy42:

Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
It looks good, but I have a few things you could change.
1. Could you swap the boy and girl sprites?
2. CrystalDust is one word, could you fix that? Thanks!
Quote originally posted by Camred123:
umm since diego wants it to look like a vanilla crystalbi dnt think this will happen but he could add giovani in the islands if he adds some good plot for him
anyway what happened in hg and ss i nevr played those and never will :d
Don't worry, an event for Giovanni is already planned.
Quote originally posted by Dr. Fizzle:
Quote originally posted by Ash493:

It's not that hard if you are extra careful =)
We were just kinda afraid because of the bad feedback and how easily it glitches.
Emerald has a bad reputation for glitching, even though it's actually Advance-Map that causes it. Once you change its ini file, it works great!

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old August 22nd, 2012 (06:22 AM).
Guess who's back?

Oh gosh! Beta 2 is out.
Man, I'm slow... I'll go play it now, I loved Beta 1 of this!!
Old August 22nd, 2012 (08:20 AM).

This hack is EPIC. Does it have any Hoenn Pokemon?
Old August 22nd, 2012 (04:39 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Damn i couldnt resist and i played/tested this hack up to ecruteak or idk how its called to help find bugs and stuff even if i hate checking betas :D
So here are some questions and bugs i found and features that i liked or disliked
(thats a lot of stuff sorry lmao)

1. Features & Bugs:
Odd Egg should have 14% to hatch a shiny Poke like in the English Crystal
50% is too much i got a shiny Pichu in CDust and with Crystal i got a Shiny Elekid so 14% would not be that bad...
2. Silver could beat the player & mock him then leave in Crystal in our 1st fight but in CD we white out and need to beat him to progress will this change?
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites?
4. Daycare used to give the odd egg in Crystal by himself in the English version and there was no ticket will this change?
5. Pokemon Models like those in daycare and the rattata vs pidgey scene look a bit crystal like will u change them to have gba like models
6. I think theres a sound when the player shrinks in the beggining where oak introduces us in Crystal but theres no sound in CD and thats the same thing like Emerald had
7. H is missing from the word Pinch in Chikoritas Ability
8. Blue Card and Odd Ticket Got no Icons and no Descriptions (there was no ticket in eng crystal btw like i mentioned before)

Questions: (enjoy reading lol)
1. What is that plot with no power in island one in goldenrod center i think that was absent in eng crystal
2. Does pokemon like Onix evolve by lvling while they hold the item you needed to trade them with it so they can evolve?
And pokes like Haunter to only lvl up without any items (making those evolve with stones would be a bit dumb so i hope haunter,graveler,kadabra and machoke wont need em)
2. Wheres Ghastly???
3. How does the game pick a winner for the bug contest i got 2nd place with a scyther and the winner had a venonat i was like wth lol
4. Does the guy from the bicycle shop calls you some time later after he gives us a bicycle and says that he gifted it because we helped him promote his bikes?
5. Can Headbutt Make sleeping Pokes appear and are all pokemon that was supposed to appear available (Only saw caterpie so far in ilex forest i got 6-7 diff pokes in Crystal)
6. Does Unown Pokedex exists i have around 10 of Unowns and still cant get it...
7. Do you think that you can make more Trainers to register in pokegear, is it possible to do this?
8. Will you change Groudon and Kyogre to Entei and Raikou in the Opening Video?
9. What about Pokemons moves will they be able to learn moves like they would in Crystal or like in all 3rd Gen Games?
10. Hmm the radio is working in our house and another house in our town will other places get radio working too + pokegear?
11. Are player sprites fixed when go fishing and can we fish while surfing on a poke? (idk if that could happen in crystal i think im confusing games lol)
12. Are Time events like sellers appearing in goldenrod market and undeground available?
13. Can rock smash make pokemon appear like in crystal
14. Will Deoxys have 4 forms and will they change somehow
15. Will togebi and golbat evolve like in crystal
16. will legendaries have special battle music

And finally i can say that i liked stuff like the bug contest,time system,opening video 3 versions, goldenrod city,player sprite and that you didnt change the lvls of pokes i stopped playing liquid crystal only bc of the crazy lvls and the fact that it was always raining and it was boring to lvl up my pokemon while waiting 5 secs every time bc of rains animation lol, and ignore my older post about adding new rivals and areas in Jhoto lol game will look better without them maybe you can add those including bases and the ability to Dive in Sevii Islands lets keep Jhoto and Kanto Vanilla (Well Kanto could get some extras actually its a bit empty)
And sorry for my English hehe

Thats it i wont play beta2 any further and wait for the next beta or the Final release so sorry i wont be able to report any bugs bc i dont want to spoil my game lol, Thank You again Diego and all the people who helped you improve this Hack i hope 1 day i will see A Final Release! (pls finish it lol i hate seeing hacks getting abandoned and this 1 is my favorite and got lots of potential)

Btw i used Gameboid 2.4.7 and a Rom of CD Beta2 that was uploaded in June so maybe you fixed or changed some of the bugs and features i posted, i cant patch my rom with your latest IPS bc i cant with Android it would be cool if you would pm me a link with a Rom with the latest CD Patch.
Sorry if its against the rules by asking for that

Quote originally posted by LiquoriceBeef:
This hack is EPIC. Does it have any Hoenn Pokemon?
Not yet the creator said he will add them at Sevii Islands
Old September 8th, 2012 (11:01 AM).

why i can't go to the Kanto region.i'm beat e4 in jolto but i can't get a ticket to go to the kanto.
who can help me?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)