Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old October 14th, 2012 (12:40 AM).

Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here
Old October 14th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by aeTIos:
Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
GBA Intro Manager
Old October 15th, 2012 (02:57 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players
Old October 16th, 2012 (09:05 AM). Edited October 16th, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

This guy wont talk to me after i win him

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

Old October 16th, 2012 (06:33 PM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by ElitePokes:
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players
Legendary catch rates are unchanged. That was actually luck.
I'm not sure why they don't appear in the Pokédex... I'll see what I can do.
And it won't quite spoil the final fight; Lance's Pokémon are underleveled in the double team battle.
This guy wont talk to me after i win him

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

Both text errors are fixed and uploaded. The last picture isn't a glitch: in Crystal, it only opens the correct pathway out, like I did in CrystalDust.

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old October 16th, 2012 (06:47 PM).
Banned

Wow thanks your awesome! Heheh ill try to find more bugs now 3)
Old October 17th, 2012 (05:08 AM).

Quote originally posted by diegoisawesome:
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?
I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)
Old October 17th, 2012 (08:35 AM).
Banned

Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

Same with the card for the radio tower

Old October 18th, 2012 (03:28 PM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by aeTIos:
I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)
Which port? Is it the one for the Supercard DSTWO or iPlayer, or am I way off base here? I have the GPSP ports for the iPhone and DSTWO, and it works fine on both.
Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

Same with the card for the radio tower

The first one is a bug that I can't replicate. I tried it out myself, but it worked as it should.
The second one is because I was lazy and didn't want to make a new overworld or something like that.
The third and fourth ones are just because I haven't changed the default text for the items yet. It's the same reason why a lot of new items don't have a description or picture.

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old October 19th, 2012 (11:25 AM). Edited October 19th, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Ok heres some more things

Theres 2 spaces to enter this gatehouse...

But theres only 1 space in the other side

There are 2 X Defend in the second market from the beggining of the game

Old October 19th, 2012 (11:36 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Theres 2 spaces to enter this gatehouse...

But theres only 1 space in the other side
This actually happens in Johto itself. See Route 38:

That gatehouse? There are two tiles to enter from. I believe both go to the same spot. Same from the Ecruteak City side. I just tested it, and this is verified. Flew to Ecruteak City, and you can enter the gatehouse on the left from two tiles (and the one on the right as well, and from Routes 38 and 42 respectively). However, you can only exit the gatehouse on either side of either one from one tile each, and it goes to the upper of the two entry tiles on the town or Route maps. Since diego is replicating the game, I don't expect he'll change anything, but who knows; maybe he'll expand it.

The two X Defend does seem like a legitimate bug, however.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 19th, 2012 (12:07 PM).
Banned

Hm ok Cyclone

More stuff i found:

This woman says that before you get the map card in crystal and something about pokemon after we get the card but in this hack she already says her 2nd speech before we get the card

And this text is missing too, that guy says this when pokeballs are available in the first market and in this hack he only says when they will sell pokeballs

Also 2 other minor stuff
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
in the first parts of the game will you add an option for that in this hack?

Heheh im playing crystal and crystaldust from the start at the same time to find every bug or missing text in this hack xD
Old October 19th, 2012 (02:47 PM).
Eye of the Storm

1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
1. It is? I obviously don't remember this. Tells you how long ago I played Crystal!

2. I know R/S/E has the secret base option, but I don't know whether the bedroom had a similar option. Thus, this might be difficult to replicate unless you start in your "secret base" - a.k.a. your bedroom.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 19th, 2012 (05:24 PM). Edited October 19th, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Lol i noticed that about bills pc when i played crystal yesterday and maybe it will be easy to add an option to put away bed and other stuff with asm hacks im not a hacker though so idk if its possible :p

Some last stuff for today first i noticed in Violet City this house and the other 1 with the pidgey and the 2 wonen look very different than the ones in crystal.

There are 2 weird things here, First the town map uses a model of a portrait and second when you click on the open window it says "my reflection looking good" 0.o

In this house in another town of this hack you can see how the town map looks like and this closed window gives a proper "my reflection looking good" message

And also this object is missing

This happens in both houses

And some questions:

1. Will you add lights outside the houses at night in the future?
2. Is the hoothoot of the dude who teaches how to catch pokemon supposed to miss its tackle attack he did miss once for me lol
3. Will you add different music when its night for sevii islands and maybe for johto & kanto too?
4. Why did you choose Sevii Islands for the third region is there any specific reason for this?
Im asking because maybe it would be better to make it a different island or a big or medium sized region we visited sevii in fr/lg an adventure in a new area would be better in my opinion (like liquid crystal where they made valencia islands as the 3rd region)
5. Will there be 16 badges like in crystal or will you add some gyms in sevii and add more badges and will we be able to check badges earned in kanto and sevii if you add more badges?

Thats it no more beta testing today for me ill stop at the beggining of route 32 and continue tommorow hehe
Old October 19th, 2012 (05:34 PM).
Pokemon Emperor

Nature: Gentle
Oh cool game ill surely love to play it

Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

Old October 20th, 2012 (12:32 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
@ElitePokes: You do realize that Diego does not have any obligation to make the hack EXACTLY as Crystal, don't you?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 20th, 2012 (08:53 AM).
Banned

He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:05 AM).
~RedZero~

Nature: Careful
This looks pretty cool i like the emerad rom base are you going to leave the battle frontier in it tho?

Old October 21st, 2012 (09:06 AM).
Eye of the Storm

He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...
Suggestion. Why not see if these are the types of changes he wants to make by asking him? I've offered an idea for Shining Opal that I thought would be great and talked with him about it directly, and even offered to create some of the maps for it; he likes the idea but prefers to do it himself if he uses the idea, so I'm respecting and leaving it at that (though that offer remains extended as I know he's in school while I'm roasting in a chair).

My point, however, is that not everyone needs to see everything. I started pointing out bugs in the Light Platinum thread but eventually decided to just go ahead and fix the ones I can, and I'm keeping in contact with Ash regarding other things I think are quirky (just seeing if they're supposed to be, in part).

Cyclone

Old October 21st, 2012 (10:12 AM). Edited October 21st, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.
Old October 21st, 2012 (12:05 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.
Note that he's not working on this hack right now. Thus, it's up to him whether to do "fixes" now, or whether he wants to wait until he's done the next Shining Opal beta. Heck, maybe he'll even contact you via PM. You do know he'll read all this, however, as he subscribes to his hack threads.

The rest I am sending you via PM, and that should thus close this line of discussion here. I get the feeling that emotions are going up a little here and would rather keep it out of this thread.

Cyclone

Old October 21st, 2012 (02:18 PM). Edited October 21st, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Yeah i know that he is working on opal now and that he will probably read those messages and its up to him if he will fix or add something if he wants to do it and when he wants to do it im not telling him to do it now i will finish this hack and post any question or bug report i will find here and then visit this thread again after a very long time so dont worry i wont get this thread to have 50 pages full of pics lol

And yeah this got a bit off topic so that will be my last off topic sorry :p
Btw i aint no hacker if i could fix something i wouldnt be here and i would probably make my own crystal remake :d
But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p
Old October 21st, 2012 (04:01 PM).
Eye of the Storm

But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p
No, actually. Some people merely create hacks for others' enjoyment.

Cyclone

Old October 22nd, 2012 (09:11 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Yeah but i rather play someone elses hack so i wont know what to expect :p

I found 2 more bugs

The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Will you add a shaking animation for the trees when we Headbutt them?
Old October 22nd, 2012 (10:57 AM).
Eye of the Storm

The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Will you add a shaking animation for the trees when we Headbutt them?
Re the bugs, those qualify as bugs moreso than the earlier posts. The tools are simply a tile error (easy fix) and the Pokémon whose areas are unknown is definitely something that also needs fixing.

As for the question I've bolded (I can't answer the other two): the trees I Headbutt in SoulSilver either have nothing all the time or have specific Pokémon that appear all the time. I can Headbutt the same tree knowing I'll get Exeggcute at all times, whereas another might produce Ledyba at all times. Trees are individually determined. I don't think this kind of setting can be set in the case of what we can do on an Emerald base, meaning Headbutting trees comes across more as a standard percentage like walking through the grass. Normally, 3 Pokémon in 50 steps is a good number, and once in a while in games I see more often and less often. For Headbutting, I think I can agree the percentage needs to be higher, maybe more like a 65% or more.

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)