The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Suicune only i guess and Unowns if you count them as Legendery
So I suppose the creator strictly went throught he path of original game. But at least the other two dogs as well as Johto legendaries be included
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D

Last edited by Hound of Justice; November 2nd, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D
So does that means the game is same as that of oroiginal crytsal but only in gba format with nothing new?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
johnr754
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Nature: Modest
I once thought this was once just your generic remake of Crystal/Gold/Silver, like almost every other rom-hack out there, but then I notice you done good work, and I congratulate you.

Also, I haven't played it yet, but it looks impressive. Mainly because it's an Emerald hack.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Just wait for future betas for extra new content
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Actually, Sevii Islands will probably be similar to this as used in FireRed/LeafGreen. The difference, since they didn't exist in Crystal, is that he can do whatever the heck he wants with them. :D

Since Ash and friends surfed on Lapras from island to island, it would further make sense if Surfing could be turned on and new water Routes created to allow passage; travel to the main entrance would still be by boat from Kanto, matching the anime. But that might be too much. Heck, a "New Island" with a Lv.100 Mewtwo on it would be awesome. :D

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...

Last edited by Hound of Justice; November 3rd, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...
Well, the islands are tropical (south of Kanto), so don't count on snow. Bad thunderstorms however? You bet it's possible.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

That would be awesome i like rain in games and there could be snow atleast in 1 of the islands, maybe where articuno will be located
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
That would be awesome i like rain in games and there could be snow atleast in 1 of the islands, maybe where articuno will be located
Hmm. Whatever one has more of a mountain peak, snow starting into the mountains. Interesting, Mr. Holmes, very interesting...

Cyclone

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

Pokemon ROM Hacking can be tough by normal means, but you deserve props for your skills.
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
Pokemon ROM Hacking can be tough by normal means, but you deserve props for your skills.
ROM hacking isn't all too hard, once you get up and know what to do and how to do things.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
As this is a hack so the evolution changes as well as avaialablity of pokes upto 3rd ge must be at least available for catching right?
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

You will be able to catch all the 386 pokes most likely
And yeah the pokemon who evolve via trade can evolve with other ways
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, maybe i missed it, but what about trade evolutions? onix, haunter, kadabra, sedra, machoke, graveler, and company. do they evolve naturally?
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodd View Post
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, maybe i missed it, but what about trade evolutions? onix, haunter, kadabra, sedra, machoke, graveler, and company. do they evolve naturally?
I think ElitePokes answered this right above you. As to how they each evolve, that I have no idea; I'm sure once the game is complete there will be a full list provided by diego (unless that part is already figured out and he might list them regardless).

Cyclone

Old November 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
oh ok thanks cyclone. lovin it so far! keep it up!
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
alienhunterx

Another thing which impresses me the creator's idea of a GB original game hack into an Emerald ROM as abase. Normally you see it on a FireRed ROM
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

So far i only tried to evolve Kadabra to play at Battle Tower and Onix and managed to evolve Kadabra by lvling up at a very low lvl :D
My Onix still wont evolve so i guess i need it to hold Metal Coat to evolve and you can get 1 in the ship that gets you to Kanto (or is there another way to get this item?) and beta 2 of this hack ends before this event lol
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
So far i only tried to evolve Kadabra to play at Battle Tower and Onix and managed to evolve Kadabra by lvling up at a very low lvl :D
My Onix still wont evolve so i guess i need it to hold Metal Coat to evolve and you can get 1 in the ship that gets you to Kanto (or is there another way to get this item?) and beta 2 of this hack ends before this event lol
Per Bulbapedia for the original Crystal (a good source since this is an attempt at a clone):

Quote:
S.S. Aqua, held by wild Magnemite, held by Maggie (Power Plant)
Seems you may want to hound the wild Magnemite with Thief. They're on 6 and 11 in Kanto, 38 and 39 in Johto (I know the latter as I fought a lot of them in SS too - paralysis sucks!).

Cyclone

Old November 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Oh yeah i forgot about the magnemites thanks lol and yeah Paralysis sucks :D
Dragonairs with Thunder Wave are the most annoying pokemon you fight in GSC
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Жека

I love this game. It is the best. I really want you to finish it.
Old November 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

I found a new small bug : Dragonairs and Suicunes Numbers show ??? In the Hall of Fame
There may be more Pokemon with this problem
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I found a new small bug : Dragonairs and Suicunes Numbers show ??? In the Hall of Fame
There may be more Pokemon with this problem
Has the creator announced previously to continue this hack?
Old November 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Has the creator announced previously to continue this hack?
Uh, yes. He is developing both this and Shining Opal in turn. Right now, it's Shining Opal.

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links