Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Emerald Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old November 22nd, 2012 (01:13 AM).

Quote originally posted by diegoisawesome:
They're not actually IN the hack. I said that it would take a long time for them to insert, meaning they aren't actually in yet. It would just take a really long time to insert them, and I don't even have their appropriate overworld sprites, so they would look strange.

Yeah, I know, right? The text now is so grand and beautiful...
oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far. :)
Old November 22nd, 2012 (02:20 PM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by ElitePokes:
OH MY GOSH WHAT AN UPDATE!!! Lol
Im sure your Android will open Gameboid that emu works on almost every device at max speed even basic devices
Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?
Quote originally posted by patrick_20052005:
oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far.
...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
GBA Intro Manager
The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
Old November 22nd, 2012 (05:00 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait to listen the new music on the future update
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
Old November 22nd, 2012 (06:31 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2012 by diegoisawesome.
Please understand
Silver Tier

Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait.to listen the new music on the future update
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
Just curious, what did you think of the new Cherrygrove theme that's in-game? I'd like to get other peoples's opinions on it besides myself and tonti's. I made a mistake on the name; it's called the Exhibit II. Its clock speed is 1 GHz and has 512 MB RAM. I doubt its ability to run Gameboid because I've seen it struggle with other, average intensity tasks.

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old November 22nd, 2012 (11:52 PM).

Nature: Brave
Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
Old November 23rd, 2012 (06:26 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
Quickie bugfixes.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 23rd, 2012 (06:55 AM).

Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?

...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?
Let's just say im keeping my hopes up for them in the FAR future. =))
Old November 23rd, 2012 (08:18 AM). Edited November 23rd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

I like the new music more than the old one
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
Old November 23rd, 2012 (08:36 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
And therein you just explained why the others lag. More features.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 23rd, 2012 (12:22 PM).
Banned

Nah lol i dont think thats the problem those features should have no impact on performance like the auto IPS and UPS patching on My Boy! emu for example :D
Old November 25th, 2012 (05:38 AM).

Nature: Jolly
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
Old November 25th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
Banned

Hm do you use the latest patch, did you used any cheats or glitches and which Emu are you using?
Ill check if this happens to me too
Old November 25th, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited November 25th, 2012 by DrFuji.

im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
Old November 25th, 2012 (02:47 PM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
Banned

Hmm you mean VBA-ReRecoding or Tigra Emulator for Android?
Old November 25th, 2012 (03:00 PM).

the recording vba i use the compurtER to play my Rom or i use my jpsp to play my Roms.
Old November 26th, 2012 (12:20 AM).

Nature: Brave
So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
Old November 26th, 2012 (05:21 AM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Yeah, only because there's so much things that could be done to make CrystalDust even better and I keep getting distracted by them.
All right, then I have slightly higher hopes now. XD
Quote originally posted by mikethepokemaster:
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
That sounds like the rival name didn't load from the save file into memory. Are you using 64KB save files or 128KB save files?
Quote originally posted by mikethepokemaster:
im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
Or it could be cheats. Don't use cheats with ROM hacks, unexpected things might happen.
So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
The next beta will either have a partly finished Kanto or a completely finished Kanto, but neither will mean the game is complete.

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old November 26th, 2012 (05:46 PM). Edited November 26th, 2012 by eragon_1121.

First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
Old November 26th, 2012 (06:56 PM). Edited November 26th, 2012 by diegoisawesome.
Please understand
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by eragon_1121:
First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old November 27th, 2012 (07:30 AM).

no wonder i couldn't progress. thanks for posting. :)
Old November 27th, 2012 (08:49 AM).

Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.
Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
Old November 27th, 2012 (10:07 AM).
Banned

Thanks for reporting the Tin Towers bug i also had it when i played with My Boy! to check mikethepokemasters bug report about Azalea
And thanks Diego for the quickfix and new music ill check it out :D
Old November 27th, 2012 (04:16 PM). Edited November 27th, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
Old November 27th, 2012 (09:10 PM).
Please understand
Silver Tier

Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.
Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
I hope to fix it soon, but the issue wi that is the way that JPAN had to rewrite it. Basically, he looked at every save block to find out where the free space was... Obviously, this will be different seeing as it's Emerald and not FireRed. I think I'm going to try to tackle this issue soon, though.

Look out for more music in a new update coming soon!

My other resources:
My Website
GBA Intro Manager
Old November 27th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
Ultra - Retro Reviver

Nature: Timid
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)