The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
that's probably the issue, I didn't update my patches :p
Thanks for helping me out

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon Fae, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.

United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:34 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Whitney View Post
I also used android, and no problems until now.

Also if someone could tell me if the pokemons have their generation 2 learnsets with certain, I'd me most grateful.
I checked a few learnsets and until now they match their Gen II learnsets, Im not entirely sure though.

Gym Leader Whitney~
The pokes will learn Gen 3 moves. Its just you have to wait and see. Trust me:D
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
that's probably the issue, I didn't update my patches :p
Thanks for helping me out
Lol glad to help you mate i hope you have a nice playthrough
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

Spoiler:
After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I know Johto is supposed to be complete, so I'd be inclined to say bug. This is all accessible within Johto without the trip to Kanto, I believe.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

I've tried patching again a clean different emmerald ROM, but the glitch keeps happening. I've also changed the VBA settings (save, emu, video and that stuff) but the screen will keep going black, so i'd better wait for further support.

Well, i'll keep playin' Shinning Opal meanwhile.
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

The bug may be a misaimed warp in the Tower area.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Last time i finished this hack there was nothing wrong with this area maybe sonething broke in a new patch you will have to wait diegoisawesome to check if somethings wrong.
Btw which VBA are you using?
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
dingopongo
Togepi

I'm using the last version, 1.7.2
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Hmm you can try to play on VBA-M, use your save file to check if you get this error on that emu and backup ur save file first
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
dingopongo
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Hmm you can try to play on VBA-M, use your save file to check if you get this error on that emu and backup ur save file first
Uh, I feel stupid right now . Thanks for the advice, it totally worked. :D
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Quote:
O.o Sorry i removed the link, i tried the patch which i downloaded before this final fix for the day of the week and the new OWs and the time was fine except one thing Wesley who gives a Black Belt at Lake of Rage on Wednesday is missing maybe thats related to the time bug and maybe it got fixed with your last update i cant check it out now bc i just stopped playing the previous version at lake of rage :D
I also found a Hoothoot in a tree near the Sudowoodo event and the Pokedex shows that Hoothoots can be encountered in many places which is strange since night pokemon are not supposed to be in the hack for now
And something is wrong with those 3 apricorn trees there is nothing on them as if i already picked the apricorns

Those trees on Route 46 seem to be out of place

The Apricorn trees and the border on Route 46 is fixed; I'm going to do a bit of research into Headbutt trees soon, because apparently, Bulbapedia is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Whitney View Post
Quick questions.
Is this game going to implement the Phisical/Special move categories introduced in gen IV, or is it going to be like in gen III and bellow?

Next Question.
Do the Pokemon in CrystalDust have GenII learnsets?
(I ask this because I tried to teach Dig to my Piloswine and I couldn't, after some research I discored that Piloswine can only learn Dig in Gen III or above)

Gym Leader Whitney~
1. Nope.
2. Gen III learnsets, but Gen II TM/HM programmings.
Quote:
@Cyclone
Haha i deleted the save already this was my best playthrough ever i got a pitchu from the Odd Egg and catched a male shiny slowpoke within a couple of hours :D
I hope something like this happens in the future on the final version of this hack
Id go crazy if id get a shiny steelix :D

@Whitney
There will be no physical/special and i think the pokemon learn the same moves they could in gen 3 games

@Diego
Is Dunsparce available in this hack or it will be when you add trainers special events from phone card i believe that in crystal you can get this pokemon if Hiker Anthony calls you and tells that they appeared inside Dark Cave or something like that
And can you check if a npc inside Dark Cave gives you the DarkGlasses i think there was a bug in a older version i played some time ago he would not give me this item idk if it works ok now
Also will you add different sounds after Oak rates your pokedex like in Crystal?
Finally, since you changed how those pokemon evolve maybe you will want to change this guys dialogue

Dunsparce does not appear in this hack as of yet. The BlackGlasses bug has been fixed, and the text about trade evolutions has also been fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingopongo View Post
Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

Spoiler:
After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?
Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.

Also included in this update: a new wild Pokémon theme from tonti:

Not only this, but (not shown in the video) a new battle backsprite for the male player is inserted, as well as a slightly updated female backsprite and new battle sprites for the male, female, and rival main characters!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:25 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
this is cool man good stuff but lc is bettar

[/sig-reason]
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
dingopongo
Togepi

I've beaten the e4, longing for the next beta-review. Great job diego,

P.D: flammers, every forum has some
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

I've come with another bug, although I think I've seen this somewhere before on this thread, but I'm not too sure. The bug I've come to mention is the phone memory bug, in which (my own experience so far) you only get one trainer's number (Joey) and you can't get the rest (so far Wade and Liz)

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon Fae, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 9th, 2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
alienhunterx

Oh man every time I want to start the game with silence and meditation a new one pops up. How much is I have to wait more huh? As some new bug comes up in a new patch which I know is not the fault of you: Diego:D
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Lol the hack is in beta stage so yeah there are some bugs and more bugs are added with every new patch but they get fixed fast by the bug killing machine called diegoisawesome :D
Tbh i think there are only like 10-20 bugs in the latest version and most were reported and will be fixed in the near future and they will not cause any big problems anyway...
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

So this means Crystal Dust can wait to be played by me when i try other hacks. (That's Final)
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingopongo View Post
Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.
Thanks for the appreciation!
Quote:
Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack
The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well
Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokédex has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:

I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; December 13th, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 11:44 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Thanks for the appreciation!

The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.

Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokégear has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:

I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.
Boy what dedication. Simply your efforts are the best and that gear looks as hell awesome as ever.
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:11 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Boy what dedication. Simply your efforts are the best and that gear looks as hell awesome as ever.
Thank you for the comment! However, I realized I made a mistake; this is a new palette for the Pokédex, sorry.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Thank you for the comment! However, I realized I made a mistake; this is a new palette for the Pokédex, sorry.
:D haa haa haa When I first saw the snap by brain also told me exactly what you said my I was foolish enough not to mention it. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links