Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM
patrick_20052005

Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 16th, 2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 14th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
patrick_20052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...
Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.
Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 15th, 2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM
pokélover

A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokélover View Post
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3
Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM
matheusinho09
Unhatched Egg

Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by matheusinho09 View Post
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingopongo View Post
After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?
Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.
So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
pokélover

Quote:
Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable
oh really that's awesome I didn't know you could evolve Pokemon like kadabra without trading but as for the emerald cheats they don't work ...if you use item codebreakers it messes up the night/day if you use Pokemon codebreakers the game freezes so its best not to use them....and by the way where did you find your heracross?????
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
matheusinho09
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone

Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...
No problem.

Just for future, check the previous couple of pages for the same problem next time; it's for your sake, not for ours, as you would get your answer faster. Obviously we wouldn't expect you to check 35 pages in full, however, as something in an updated build likely didn't happen on, say, page 17. :D

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree

Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 17th, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D
1. It's Orange Islands that he's putting in, I believe.
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
MrAPT1
That one guy who does stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.
Actually, if I recall correctly, he was planning on putting in the Sevii Islands, not the Orange Islands.
My Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAPT1
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?
Trading should work fine with the right version of VBA Link.
Quote:
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

I've fixed all these issues but the Pokégear girl (and possible HP bug) in the latest patch. If you have a save from after you talked to those girls, delete it because you can't use it anymore.
I'll fix more stuff tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

Sorry, the RoA puzzle might take a while to implement.
Quote:
Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys
If someone would give me a new design for the clock and I liked it, I could use it.
Quote:

The same requirements are necessary, sorry. But the idea for the Time Capsule sounds interesting.
Quote:
Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player
I'm fixing this now, expect a new patch tomorrow.
Quote:
GameSharks are not supported and never will be. But evolving Pokémon without trading is possible right now.
Quote:
All right, please explain what this 3rd floor is. Do you mean the third room, the first containing the guy that checks for the Clear Bell?
Quote:
Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777
Don't you worry, I still have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with Sevii. And yes, I can change your name. Expect this in tomorrow's patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
1. Nope, it's Sevii. LaZ is doing Orange Islands.
2. I can't quite have Sevii in there without having my own story, as Sevii didn't exist in GSC...

So yeah, expect the "Dang it, I messed up again, lemme go fix that" patch tomorrow!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM
pokélover

i was wondering will you be able to save your money by giving it to the mom in the next patch cause if you battle the elite four and if you lose they take a lot money from you so it's better to give all the cash to her and take it after you defeat them
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Thanks Diego and btw i already deleted the save i start a new game after every new patch

Pokelover that is planned for a future beta when Diego finds a way.to implement this

Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 18th, 2012 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:58 AM
pokélover

That's good ....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
UtopiaRay
Pokemon Champion

Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d
The Pokémon should pear at their normal locations from Crystal. And I might add in more Pokémon overworld in Sevii, but anything related to Sevii is still a long way away.
Quote:
That's good ....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???
Level it up once holding the item it needed to hold during a link trade otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtopiaRay View Post
Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!
Thanks for the praise!

By the way, small update today which fixes the bugs recently reported by ElitePokes (minus the HP bug; currently looking into that). However, a few small bugs from earlier still persist. These will be fixed within the next week or maybe as soon as tomorrow.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Gameb0y
Pokemon Trainer Since '98

Nature: Relaxed
I apologize if this has been asked already but is there a physical special move split in here? I understand the original didn't, but when it was remade to HG/SS it was found there too. It would be really awesome if this does include it, if not its still cool as I can shred teams up with elemental punch alakazam. On another note, so far everything is amazing. It's unbelievable what you have done, I look forward to the next update.
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:47 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
No unfortunately Diego clearly stated earlier that there will be no Physical/Special splits in his hacks.
Old December 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
pokélover

I tried your new bug fix patch and found a bug...in the beginning of the game before you get your new starter you can't talk to the lady who tells you not to go in the grass and you can't read the sign that describes new bark either....hope you can fix it soon
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links