The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Hound of Justice

Nature: Naughty
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played

Last edited by Hound of Justice; April 4th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Static-X
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played
I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
And it could become more amazing if Diego adds Orange Islands as well somehow
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Hound of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yeah and a Crystal Onix!
Lmao...
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static-X View Post
Even though i have already beaten the Elite Four, i am still enjoying the game by exploring it more. The small updates that you keep making is worth it because it shows you really care about the game and the people that play it. I am glad to see this kind of responsibly. I must say that this hack is the best i have ever played!
Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Nice 2 more reasons to try the newest beta xD

Btw can u check if u lose gold after losing the 1st battle to Silver in Crystal, i tried the new patch and after losing to him i still had 3000
If you lose to Silver in Crystal, you don't pay him any money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
@Diego
1. Why can't we get into the bed at home(New Bark Town)? It's blocked, i can't go to sleep, lol...
2. I think, the overworld sprite for Gold(Hero) can get a little more better.
3. BTW, have you considered about adding some move tutors for 3rd Gen moves since CD contains all the TMs from the original 2nd Gen Crystal...you can add some of the move tutors aroud johto & kanto just as Firered did... I think, it will not hurt the authenticity of the game as its Gen 3 remake.
1. Fixed in today's beta.
2. I think it's fine just the way it is.
3. Move tutors are really tedious to add in, but I might think about it for Kanto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsoul View Post
Whether it is possible to add the random weather as in pokemon fire red?
You mean as in Liquid Crystal? Hahahaha no. I personally disliked that feature.
However, if you're talking about just having different weather in some places, I think Sevii Islands might have some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Awesome to know that my sprites are in. I'm glad you liked them. Also, a massive congrats on the awards- they're very well deserved. :D I think I might try out the newest version right now- I'm quite curious as to what the League looks like now and it seems to have been a while since I last played. xD
Awesome! Tell me what you think!
Quote:

Edit:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static-X View Post
I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far
Thanks for your praise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Quote:
Yeah and a Crystal Onix!
Lmao...
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.
Uh, why don't you just send me a PM?

Anyways, today's update fixes a few minor bugs and finally makes Dude's Pokémon catching tutorial work as it did in Crystal. Try it out if you want to see for yourself!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:14 AM
abc123456789
Unhatched Egg

Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job . I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.

Last edited by Zeikku™; April 10th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Hound of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.
About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested

Last edited by Hound of Justice; April 8th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
vC1oud

I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:27 AM
iPika

I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.

Made by the awesome xXxSakuraxXx. Yes, I am the person who asked for it.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:28 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc123456789 View Post
Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.
I haven't figured out yet how to add trainers in to the Phone Card correctly. Joey is just a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job . I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!
Thanks for playing! And about the sprites... I can't really change them without having something to change them to.
Quote:
About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested
There's no way to just bypass it easily. Besides, I don't need to as I'm not including the Orange Islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vC1oud View Post
I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!
Thanks for the comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPika View Post
I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.
This has been fixed in today's update. It turns out that the Ruins of Alph music for the GB Player was broken. Download the new version to continue playing.

My other resources:
My Website
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Hound of Justice

I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update

Last edited by Hound of Justice; April 11th, 2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Why did i said Kanto lol...
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Reaper716

bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)

Last edited by Reaper716; April 12th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update
Thanks for playing again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper716 View Post
bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)
Your bug doesn't seem to be a problem with me. Are you sure you're fishing Emerald's way?
Magnemite should still have a 5% chance to hold a Metal Coat.
Celebi's event has not been made yet.

Today, there's a small update to the GB Player. Everything should sound a bit more accurate now.

My other resources:
My Website
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
blurqe
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Today, there's a small update to the GB Player
Quote:
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update.
What do you mean by this? Is the "beta 2" on his website being changed but left with the same label? Is there some other method of downloading this that I am unaware of?
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
alienhunterx

He meant that he has made a small update today that has been automatically made available in his download website
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM
SP458
Unhatched Egg

I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP458 View Post
I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?
Last I checked Pokemon still have Gen 3 learned moves.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:22 PM
amandayoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Based off of Pokémon Emerald (U)

Features:

Why people want to play this and not Liquid Crystal some other remake
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Hmm.. reading your description.. it sounds almost exactly like HGSS put into GBA. I might give it a try though.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoBloops View Post
Hmm.. reading your description.. it sounds almost exactly like HGSS put into GBA. I might give it a try though.
It's actually Crystal to GBA not 4th gen remakes =D
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
arjiegodz

will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM
lucious101
Unhatched Egg

I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links