The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjiegodz View Post
will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
I'm pretty sure beta 3 will come eventually, just need to be patient.

Old April 25th, 2013, 01:03 AM
patrick_20052005

oh wow the sprite changes and music alterations are just so amazing. :) I wish to the new additions like the sevii islands that are planned to be included after the kanto quest in the coming beta.

I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
Hey! Diego
The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Captain Derp
Back from 2 Weeks of a Ban

Nature: Naughty
So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:26 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Man this could be because you are playing it on Gameboid, the Day and Night system is not working properly for you???
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
Berries are not growing...
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:32 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Captain Derp
Back from 2 Weeks of a Ban

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.
So desperate for post count that you have to post unhelpful crap all the time arent you :D
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
HeyJowd
Silver's Apprentice

Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

Please help me (( thanks in advance
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Counterfeit

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"

(Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.

(It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM
amandayoung

It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:22 AM
pranish999
Unhatched Egg

Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
MrAPT1
That one guy who does stuff

So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

(Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

Spoiler:

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonti View Post
So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

Spoiler:

The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
catroZ
Working...Don't bother me...

Nature: Bold
Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
amandayoung

Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
!Oblivion
Unhatched Egg

I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Repartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Oblivion View Post
I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!
You need to change the save type to Flash 128k
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:32 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion
Hah, I guess your suggestion worked. It's been a few weeks since my last update.
Quote:
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.
Thanks for your comment! I will NOT be removing multiplayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjiegodz View Post
will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
Eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucious101 View Post
I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?
The friendship system? You mean the methods for Pokémon to become friendlier? It's the same as Emerald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
I may be implementing that in the future, after I make the banking system work.
Quote:
Hey! Diego
The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
I've fixed this in today's update. Sorry for taking so long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
I think I've fixed the teleportation to Violet glitch. I dunno what's up with Kurt and the Contest, though.
And I've never seen the glitch when evolving via held item on level up.
Quote:
You probably need to enable the RTC in your emulator. If you're using Windows, just download the VBA package from my website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJowd View Post
Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

Please help me (( thanks in advance
Fixed this in today's update. This and the Battle Tower glitch were because of errors in the GB Player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"

(Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.

(It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
The first one is simply keeping with the way GSC had it. I don't want to give them names they didn't already have *coughHGSScough*. And the second one? The S after an all-caps word has been capitalized since Gen II. I used to have it the other way, but I ended up changing it back.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
Besides that and the fact that it's buggy, I don't think it fits in with the "accurate remake" theme here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranish999 View Post
Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
It certainly did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonti View Post

Spoiler:

Loving the music, man!
Quote:
The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
Look, I apologize, but not only am I trying to work on Shining Opal at the time, but I've had less free time recently. CrystalDust Beta 3 will get here when it gets here and not a moment sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortac View Post
Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
I have literally made NO progress on Beta 3. I haven't even made the script for Elm's phone call. And it's a good thing too, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send out bugfixes so easily.
Quote:
Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
Thanks! FRLG style all the way!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repartee View Post
You need to change the save type to Flash 128k
Quote:
Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
These two problems could be what's causing your white screen issue. Generally though, it's the first one.
If you don't want to bother setting up your emulator yourself, just download VBA straight from my site.

Onto today's update! It's not a very big one, mostly bugfixes, but I've also included new Town Maps made by yours truly:

Tell me if you have any bugs with them! (If the images haven't updated for you, Shift+Refresh)

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
chaosrules
Unhatched Egg

I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?

Old May 24th, 2013, 05:40 PM
unknown231

i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown231 View Post
i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen
What would they do in 2nd generation remake?
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Repartee

We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links