Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrules View Post
I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?
The Johto story is finished. Kanto is a work in progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown231 View Post
i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What would they do in 2nd generation remake?
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repartee View Post
We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?
Well, it does say "Download the Latest CrystalDust Patch" as the download link, so I'd assume that's the latest.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:29 AM
long21

I think it would be nice if you added physical/special split in beta 3
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
jj_olli
It's coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by long21 View Post
Diego said that won't happen, and I don't like the Physical Special split in 3rd generation hacks. Just seems out of place.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by long21 View Post
Was it in the 2nd generation? No. There's no point in adding it.

People seem to be too demanding from the other hacks...
You guys should really understand that this is supposed to be 2nd generation remake and quoting diego "Most accurate one". So you shouldn't suggest things that do not exist in 2nd generation.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
diegoisawesome? Cam you share with me your method for HEADBUTT TREES? I'm duno with it. I try do Headbutt Trees for Pokemon Ruby. And allways I failed.
- Thonsu Region will never die when Rejishan take care about them. Even the evilnesse of Team Mystic do not destroy land of Thonsu.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Nikerblack
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!

Last edited by Nikerblack; May 30th, 2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Repartee

Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:49 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Awesome hack!!! I've finished it 9 hrs. =) and I haven't found any bugs good job!I be waiting at full version =)
3ds: 2466-2894-1755
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Casavult
Unhatched Egg

Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
patrick_20052005

I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
diegoisawesome? Cam you share with me your method for HEADBUTT TREES? I'm duno with it. I try do Headbutt Trees for Pokemon Ruby. And allways I failed.
Just make a script based on the rock smash rocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikerblack View Post
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!
You can't find them in the wild yet, sorry to say, except for Suicune.
Quote:
Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike Well, I don't have Acro Bike sprites, so I'm using the Mach Bike until I can get its speed down.
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey. I have not yet programmed the normal trainers into the Pokégear. I've stated this multiple times in this thread.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted. Fixed in today's update.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time. No clue about this, everything seems to be working fine here.
Responses in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetwig View Post
Awesome hack!!! I've finished it 9 hrs. =) and I haven't found any bugs good job!I be waiting at full version =)
Thanks for your support!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casavult View Post
Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)
The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
patrick_20052005

The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

@diego:
that is fine, the updates are nice i've just checked.

the change is subtle for the walking animation but i see the positioning of the hands on the girl is different, i've also seen the running animation is fixed now too, thanks! =) and thanks for fixing the map.
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM
amandayoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

PHP Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'
-----------
' Movements
'
-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements 
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Repartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands
Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.

Last edited by Repartee; June 4th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
But one of the newest patches must have broken berries and the bug contest lol
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
But one of the newest patches must have broken berries and the bug contest lol
That's why people should only play hacks on PCs... Portable platforms won't ever have the best support possible...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O

Last edited by Projectwolfie; June 5th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandayoung View Post
Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

PHP Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'
-----------
' Movements
'
-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements 

Ahh,yes. This would be a good idea. If you have an extra OW you can make it the headbutt tree with maybe two frames and just make it face left and down or something.
I laugh looking at this.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Repartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O
None of those emulators are compatible with my phone . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:21 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.
That is why I don't like it. Take LC title screen for example. How beautiful. I just suggested him to make Suicune appear more real that is all

Quote:
None of those emulators are compatible with my phone . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.
Then try Vbag for instance. It is the best after VBA I guarantee you for that. Problem is it is for Nokia Symbians...

Last edited by alienhunterx; June 5th, 2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:43 AM
chaosrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post

This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?

Old June 6th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrules View Post
This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?
It should work, mine migrated okay. Just make sure they're all matching names and whatnot. One minor thing to keep in mind is that there's one flaw to the emulator: GBA.emu doesn't have a savetype selection menu yet, but it's coming later and that only effected one hack I play. It autodetects for every game I throw at it just as fine as the PC version, just remember that if there's a hack that requires you to do it on VBA you're in savestate land for a while.

Quote:
None of those emulators are compatible with my phone
That can unfortunately happen. :/

You can "sideload" Retroarch just fine (it's free, they actually provide alt. links to download in their own forums), you can try it but something tells me that you might not have the power in your phone to run it so you should probably stick with MyBoy (it's better than Gameboid, pretty much just that but upgraded with sound fixes and other improvements. You won't even miss anything if you have the free version.)

Last edited by Projectwolfie; June 6th, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old June 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Repartee

A bit off topic, but My Boy! has added LINK SUPPORT!!!!! My physics class is going to turn into a pokemon tournament now!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links