The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:10 PM
2012maniac

Great hack! Hope to see Kanto soon!
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit...%23Dragons_Den

Old November 15th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

It's been a bit since I updated, but I must say that Shiny Quagsire did a lot of good work on the intro!
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
quarantine22

I have a slight problem with the Pokegear... Whenever I talk to people who give me their phone numbers (Hiker on R33 or Bug Catcher on Route 34), it says in the text box i got their number, but when i check the pokegear, their names aren't there
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:12 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Nice another update hope to see more soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Жека View Post
Sounds delicious :D Brought a tear to my eye.
Well all right then, I'm not one to judge others based on which sense they can taste with. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmillerz View Post
This looks really nice ;O;

gonna have to add it to my list lol
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown231 View Post
another update, i hope it finished the kanto quest already.

more ups to come
Nope, no Kanto quest, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeragon View Post
Even after patching it up with fresh emerald(U) it doesn't work.! Why.!
Might be your save settings if it's a white screen when you boot up the ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Bait View Post
Just wanna ask something. Is it possible to patch another Emerald-only patch over a CrystalDust-patched ROM? (for example: patching a Moemon Emerald patch over the CD-patched rom)
It depends on if the two hacks overwrite each other's space. In this case, it seems very likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMew View Post
Maybe you could make 2 versions - one official-seeming and one with custom things (Mikachu, newer Pokémon from Gen 3, etc...)
Too much work to make the game branch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsterinside View Post
Anxiously waiting for complete Kanto! This is my favorite hack
Thanks for the comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightracer View Post
I'm so excited to see beta 3! Kanto! Kanto! Kanto!
Not for a while, sorry.
Quote:
What i want to see more than Kanto is the new storyline in Sevii Islands xD
Hehehe, that's going to be fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightracer View Post
Hey, i found a glitch. Talking to the scientist at the 3rd floor of the radio tower lower left corner, will turn the screen dark red and corrupt music beeps will play on the backround.
Fixed in this version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012maniac View Post
Great hack! Hope to see Kanto soon!
Not soon, but you will see it in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
It's been a bit since I updated, but I must say that Shiny Quagsire did a lot of good work on the intro!
Yeah, it's awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarantine22 View Post
I have a slight problem with the Pokegear... Whenever I talk to people who give me their phone numbers (Hiker on R33 or Bug Catcher on Route 34), it says in the text box i got their number, but when i check the pokegear, their names aren't there
That's normal. I haven't programmed the trainers into the Pokégear yet.

Bags 'n Bugs - 11/17/2013

Pretty small update today:
  • The bags have gotten a new coat of paint, especially the female bag (which was broken in the bag update).
  • Various bugs have been fixed from reports by various people.
As always, the download link's in the first post!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; May 2nd, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Thanks for the update new bags look nice
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:30 AM
The Brahma Bull
Pokemon CrystalDust Fan

Nature: Lonely
Hey! Diego,
What about the Ruins of Alph puzzle? Will you be able to implement the fully working ROA puzzle in the next beta or in future updates? I kinda miss them as they were really fun... It will make the hack more authentic...
BTW, the CrystalDust is getting more & more authentic with every little update & effort that you put in this project, making it the most accurate & authentic Pokemon Crystal GBA remake till date... Great work dude, keep it up...
We fully support Pokemon CrystalDust and admire & appreciate your hard work, effort & dedication... Good luck with the project...
Best Regards!
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Yeah every update brings this hack closer to the original Crystal just a couple features missing like radio ruins puzzle mom saving money etc

And new updates improve the sound and graphic quality too
Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Dotai

I checked, and the moemon emerald patch works. Just apply it to a clean Emerald rom, and then apply the Crystal Dust patch.
Edit: I spoke too soon. Some encounters cause the game to freeze.

Last edited by Dotai; November 22nd, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mew
New Species Pokémon

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome
Too much work to make the game branch.
OK, there goes my dreams hopes of original content. (It's still cool, hack is still better than a certain L------ Crystal.

Mew
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the update new bags look nice
No problem, and thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brahma Bull View Post
Hey! Diego,
What about the Ruins of Alph puzzle? Will you be able to implement the fully working ROA puzzle in the next beta or in future updates? I kinda miss them as they were really fun... It will make the hack more authentic...
BTW, the CrystalDust is getting more & more authentic with every little update & effort that you put in this project, making it the most accurate & authentic Pokemon Crystal GBA remake till date... Great work dude, keep it up...
We fully support Pokemon CrystalDust and admire & appreciate your hard work, effort & dedication... Good luck with the project...
Best Regards!
The Ruins of Alph are actually being worked on by someone right now. No idea when they'll be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotai View Post
I checked, and the moemon emerald patch works. Just apply it to a clean Emerald rom, and then apply the Crystal Dust patch.
Edit: I spoke too soon. Some encounters cause the game to freeze.
Yeah, as to be expected. Hacks use the same free space, so something's bound to get overwritten.
Quote:
OK, there goes my dreams hopes of original content. (It's still cool, hack is still better than a certain L------ Crystal.
Why do you think there won't be any original content? I think you're forgetting the Sevii Islands.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Can't wait for this to be released.
If you can pull this off as well as Game Freak would have made it (meaning no errors in the scripting, every animation working fine, everything working perfectly; Game Freak-quality basically):

So many current rom hacks have errors in their scripts that kind of break the immersion for me, I'm having trouble finding one I like.

Last edited by Pingouin7; November 23rd, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Mew
New Species Pokémon

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Do you think there won't be any original content? I think you're forgetting the Sevii Islands.
Well, then why are you complaining on something so simple (I think, Mikachu) but you're adding huge things? (Sevii Islands) Mikachu's sprite is even in the intro already! Meh, still cool. Better than Liquid C------.

Mew

Last edited by Mew; December 21st, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Shiny Quagsire
Actually gone until Aug 20th .-.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
If you can pull this off as well as Game Freak would have made it (meaning no errors in the scripting, every animation working fine, everything working perfectly; Game Freak-quality basically):

So many current rom hacks have errors in their scripts that kind of break the immersion for me, I'm having trouble finding one I like.
That and having extra rivals and stuff. Don't get me wrong, the occasional addition is fine, but sometimes I prefer just a straight Gen II -> Gen III remake style, which is what CrystalDust excels in doing. LC on the other hand makes gameplay more challenging and interesting with new elements making the game a little more 'fresh'.

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Master_Bait
にょろーん~

Nature: Jolly
guys, where can we get ze ss aqua ticket? prof. elm still won't give it to me. still raving about the "unhatched" Togepi egg that's already a Togetic.
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
XxHyDrEiGoNxX

NICE HACK BRO! HOPE YOU CAN FINISH BETA 3!
GOODLUCK ANYWAYS!:D
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
MrAPT1
That one guy who does stuff

Quote:
guys, where can we get ze ss aqua ticket? prof. elm still won't give it to me. still raving about the "unhatched" Togepi egg that's already a Togetic.
The ticket for the S.S. Aqua isn't in this beta. You'll be able to go to Kanto in beta 3 and up.
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:14 AM
supanut2000

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Nice hack!
Can't wait for the next beta and the final completed version!
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Andrew13112001

GIANT HUGE PROBLEM!When you see Suicune and the other legendary dogs is Ecruteak,and you fall on that cave,there is no ladder to get back up!!!
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:47 PM
supanut2000

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew13112001 View Post
GIANT HUGE PROBLEM!When you see Suicune and the other legendary dogs is Ecruteak,and you fall on that cave,there is no ladder to get back up!!!
There is a way to get out, I believe it's somewhere at the south of the bottom floor of Burnt Tower.

Also, how do I fly back to Joto, once I entered Canto?

Last edited by supanut2000; December 6th, 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
robsterinside

You can't fly back to Johto from Kanto. Talk to the man next to an Abra in the Pokemon Center at Indigo Plateau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
Also, how do I fly back to Joto, once I entered Canto?
You can't fly back to Johto from Kanto. Talk to the man next to an Abra in the Pokemon Center at Indigo Plateau.

Last edited by robsterinside; December 7th, 2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 8th, 2013, 12:40 AM
supanut2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsterinside View Post
Oh I see. Is that how it was meant to be in the original Crystal game?
Old December 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Castor23

This looks really awesome!
Old December 8th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Hello. I'm getting a glitch and can't progress. I reached Ecruteak and entered the gym. Instead of the dude telling me that Morty isn't there, he stands in the middle and if I speak to him nothing happens. I can actually go to the back and fight Morty.

But I didn't. I went to the Burned tower and found Eusine and Morty there. When I tried to speak to Silver, the same thing happened: he doesn't say anything and stays there.

Old December 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
legendcollector101

i have seen many modded games that can be played in mobile device (my boy! at least) the mod looks awesome and will try it out.

Ps. how many legendary Pokemon can you catch in this mod? and where?
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post

I hope to have this ROM hack, when it's done, at the highest level of quality I can attain.
Quote:
Well, then why are you complaining on something so simple (I think) (Mikachu) but you're adding huge things? (Sevii Islands) Mikachu's sprite is even in the intro already! Meh, still cool. Better than Liquid C------.
Mikachu's in the intro as kind of my "company logo", really. However, I don't want to insert actual fake Pokémon that weren't in the original game. I'm fine with extra plot that doesn't change the actual gameplay so much, but Fakemon are where I draw the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
That and having extra rivals and stuff. Don't get me wrong, the occasional addition is fine, but sometimes I prefer just a straight Gen II -> Gen III remake style, which is what CrystalDust excels in doing. LC on the other hand makes gameplay more challenging and interesting with new elements making the game a little more 'fresh'.
This is basically the difference between CD and LC. Nice summation. :D
Quote:
Sorry, but you can't get the Aqua Ticket in this beta.
By the way, if anyone still has issues with the Togepi egg stuff, send me your save in a PM and I'll try to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHyDrEiGoNxX View Post
NICE HACK BRO! HOPE YOU CAN FINISH BETA 3!
GOODLUCK ANYWAYS!:D
THANKYOU VERY MUCH!:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
Nice hack!
Can't wait for the next beta and the final completed version!
Thanks for the comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew13112001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. James View Post
Hello. I'm getting a glitch and can't progress. I reached Ecruteak and entered the gym. Instead of the dude telling me that Morty isn't there, he stands in the middle and if I speak to him nothing happens. I can actually go to the back and fight Morty.

But I didn't. I went to the Burned tower and found Eusine and Morty there. When I tried to speak to Silver, the same thing happened: he doesn't say anything and stays there.
Interesting, people haven't reported glitches with the Burned Tower for quite some time. Tell me, both of you, what you did prior to that (any side stuff, like the Ruins of Alph especially) and we'll see if there's a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendcollector101 View Post
i have seen many modded games that can be played in mobile device (my boy! at least) the mod looks awesome and will try it out.

Ps. how many legendary Pokemon can you catch in this mod? and where?
You can catch a grand total of one for now: Suicune in the Tin Tower.

And now, for something I've been working on for at least three weeks:
Ruins of Alph Update - 12/10/2013

Yeah, you read that right. The old and buggy Ruins of Alph puzzles from the first beta of CrystalDust are back, and this time, they don't break everything when used.

On top of that, the braille on the walls of the chambers has finally been replaced with proper Unown text like they were supposed to be this whole time!

Some small bugs were also fixed with this update:
  • Using the Escape Rope inside of the first cavern shows the proper earthquake animation upon reentering.
  • Other miscellaneous things.
As always, you can download this update at the link in the first post!

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; May 2nd, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links