The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
I totally agree with Maxim. Every legendary should have some story to it. Because if you never hear about it, how is it a legendary? Well Mewtwo was never a legendary but you get the point.
Mewtwo DID have some story, remember the Pokémon Mansion's journals?
But yeah, there WILL be a cool backstory to it. Just wait and see.
CrystalDust will even connect with my other hack, Shining Opal, interestingly enough.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Mewtwo DID have some story, remember the Pokémon Mansion's journals?
But not in HGSS. In HGSS he was just at his cave, without any explanation, as if he hasn't moved an inch for three years.

Same goes for the Birds - they were put into HGSS for no reason. They weren't needed and their existence in the game was bothersome.

Quote:
But yeah, there WILL be a cool backstory to it. Just wait and see.
Oh great. That's a relief.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old December 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
But not in HGSS. In HGSS he was just at his cave, without any explanation, as if he hasn't moved an inch for three years.

Same goes for the Birds - they were put into HGSS for no reason. They weren't needed and their existence in the game was bothersome.
You could easily say that they were there in R/G/B/FR/LG for no reason. How is their existence bothersome? Nobody is forcing you to battle them, and entering Cerulean Cave is completely optional. Yeah, so maybe Mewtwo hasn't moved an inch for three years, but you don't know how long he's already been there in FR/LG, so for all we know, he hasn't moved at all for over a decade. In fact, you could say the same thing about pretty much every stationary legendary in any Pokemon game ever :/. We don't know how Lugia got in the Whirl Islands, we don't know how the Regis got themselves trapped in caves without an entrance, we don't know why Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie are inside of their lake caverns. But does it really matter? In my opinion, no.

Mewtwo is in Cerulean Cave in HG/SS for the same reason that every other stationary legendary Pokemon is in its respective location. Even if he hasn't moved an inch for 3 years, for all you know, he probably hasn't moved at all for 50 years (well I guess it depends on how old those diaries in the Pokemon Mansion are).

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old December 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Let's try to get this back on-topic, people.

Brother of Vrai
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
walterbwt
Beginning Trainer

i have appologize for my unproper english first.
It is unavailable for me to catch a pokemon.
After using the PokeBall and catching suscessfully, the game stops.
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
You could easily say that they were there in R/G/B/FR/LG for no reason. How is their existence bothersome? Nobody is forcing you to battle them, and entering Cerulean Cave is completely optional. Yeah, so maybe Mewtwo hasn't moved an inch for three years, but you don't know how long he's already been there in FR/LG, so for all we know, he hasn't moved at all for over a decade. In fact, you could say the same thing about pretty much every stationary legendary in any Pokemon game ever :/. We don't know how Lugia got in the Whirl Islands, we don't know how the Regis got themselves trapped in caves without an entrance, we don't know why Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie are inside of their lake caverns. But does it really matter? In my opinion, no.

Mewtwo is in Cerulean Cave in HG/SS for the same reason that every other stationary legendary Pokemon is in its respective location. Even if he hasn't moved an inch for 3 years, for all you know, he probably hasn't moved at all for 50 years (well I guess it depends on how old those diaries in the Pokemon Mansion are).
Well, both of you do have valid points, but yeah, Chaos Rush is right.
Even so, I WILL make sure that there is some kind of a story to the legendaries I put in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Let's try to get this back on-topic, people.
Oops, sorry. On-topic-ness below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbwt View Post
i have appologize for my unproper english first.
It is unavailable for me to catch a pokemon.
After using the PokeBall and catching suscessfully, the game stops.
I see what you mean, but you must have patched it wrong or to an incorrect ROM, or something else, perhaps.
I can't help you because I don't have that error at all.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 25th, 2010, 03:35 AM
nGolem81
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Nature: Calm
I swear, this looks like Nintendo made it. You work very hard. Everything is just so... awesome! This is what I was looking for, a very professional-looking Crystal remake. I hope that you will finish this... (no offence to other GSC-remakers) but this looks way better than other GSC remakes!! Keep it up man!
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:24 AM
walterbwt
Beginning Trainer

Searching the habitat of pokemon with PokeDEX, i can't get the correct map as crystal version. The map showed from the PokeDEX is still the origin map from Emerald. Can this problem be resolved?
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nGolem81 View Post
I swear, this looks like Nintendo made it. You work very hard. Everything is just so... awesome! This is what I was looking for, a very professional-looking Crystal remake. I hope that you will finish this... (no offence to other GSC-remakers) but this looks way better than other GSC remakes!! Keep it up man!
Thank you! A professional-looking GSC remake that is as accurate as possible to GSC is the reason that I made this at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbwt View Post
Searching the habitat of pokemon with PokeDEX, i can't get the correct map as crystal version. The map showed from the PokeDEX is still the origin map from Emerald. Can this problem be resolved?
Yeah, I still have yet to get around to that...

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Khorney
Beginning Trainer

good luck, this seems to closest so far to GSC on the GBA i've seen. yay for day/night cycle
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Rapyac
PKMN Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rapyac
The Pokédex thingy? I think that I have the UNZL-numbers for that world map in the DEX... I will post it if u need it-and if I find it.
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:24 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorney View Post
good luck, this seems to closest so far to GSC on the GBA i've seen. yay for day/night cycle
Thanks for the comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapyac View Post
The Pokédex thingy? I think that I have the UNZL-numbers for that world map in the DEX... I will post it if u need it-and if I find it.
No need, I already have it, I've just not added it in yet.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Rapyac
PKMN Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rapyac
Quote:
Thanks for the comment.

No need, I already have it, I've just not added it in yet.
a, Okay great! but you are adding it right? btw this hack is indeed PERFECT.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
emperorsenshi
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to emperorsenshi
This hack is legitimately amazing for a Crystal remake.

My criticisms:

1) Difficulty (or lack thereof). I was running through the game, just seeing what it was, just with a Cyndaquil. It destroyed everything (up to after the Slowpoke Well, after which I tried to save and there was an error and it restarted my game, thus losing the save file. Doh!) and I had to do no grinding. Not saying you need to copy ShinyGold, but I am saying that Crystal was ridiculously easy.
2) Wild Pokemon diversity. Or maybe I didn't look hard enough. I saw no Poliwag's on the route to Violet and saw no Bellsprouts in Sprout Tower.
3) Not getting to pick the rival's name. Most people don't care, but I always liked naming my rival something derogatory.
4) Lack of distinction with original Crystal. From what I played, it seems like an exact copy. I liked Crystal, but I don't want to download a hack just to play a prettyfied version of it.

I really love the work you have been doing and good job so far! I can't wait for the next beta.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapyac View Post
a, Okay great! but you are adding it right? btw this hack is indeed PERFECT.
Yes, I am adding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsenshi View Post
This hack is legitimately amazing for a Crystal remake.

My criticisms:

1) Difficulty (or lack thereof). I was running through the game, just seeing what it was, just with a Cyndaquil. It destroyed everything (up to after the Slowpoke Well, after which I tried to save and there was an error and it restarted my game, thus losing the save file. Doh!) and I had to do no grinding. Not saying you need to copy ShinyGold, but I am saying that Crystal was ridiculously easy.
I am aware of this, although I'm trying to make everything as accurate to Crystal as possible, and this falls under that category. Sometime in the future, there's probably going to be a CrystalDust X-type thing, for people who want a challenge.
2) Wild Pokemon diversity. Or maybe I didn't look hard enough. I saw no Poliwag's on the route to Violet and saw no Bellsprouts in Sprout Tower.
For the Poliwags, that's because they come out at night and Beta 1 doesn't have RTC-dependent wild Pokémon encounters In Beta 2, however,there will be. For the Bellsprouts, that's just because... well, there actually ARE none in Sprout Tower. Confusing, isn't it?
3) Not getting to pick the rival's name. Most people don't care, but I always liked naming my rival something derogatory. This feature wasn't in Emerald, so until recently, I didn't know how to add it in. It will be present in Beta 2, don't worry.
4) Lack of distinction with original Crystal. From what I played, it seems like an exact copy. I liked Crystal, but I don't want to download a hack just to play a prettyfied version of it. Well, this is the reason behind this hack: to make it as accurate as possible to GSC, mainly for nostalgic purposes. This is that one hack where you try out something small that was in GSC and you're sure wouldn't have made it here, but it has, and you're amazed.

I really love the work you have been doing and good job so far! I can't wait for the next beta. Thanks! Neither can I.
Responses in bold.
Can you believe it? A custom nameable rival in Emerald? If you don't, I can understand why. A video will be released shortly with it inside!

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; January 9th, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
robxu9
Shadowed Warrior

Nature: Serious
This is a great hack so far!

The only thing that bugs me at the moment is that you used many things from Liquid Crystal. To me, that's not necessarily the best thing.
  1. The music is... not the best. Try asking arugurete on Youtube for music, he made a japanese Pokemon Gold, and his sound tracks are... AWESOME. :D (including battle sprites)
  2. When you get the PokeGear, it comes with the Map card...
  3. The PokeGear shows Professor Birch instead of Professor Elm.
  4. Rival isn't nameable... (yet, right? )
I'm keeping my eye on this hack. Definitely.

Below is a piece of arugurete's work:
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxu9 View Post
This is a great hack so far!

The only thing that bugs me at the moment is that you used many things from Liquid Crystal. To me, that's not necessarily the best thing.
  1. The music is... not the best. Try asking arugurete on Youtube for music, he made a japanese Pokemon Gold, and his sound tracks are... AWESOME. :D (including battle sprites)
  2. When you get the PokeGear, it comes with the Map card...
  3. The PokeGear shows Professor Birch instead of Professor Elm.
  4. Rival isn't nameable... (yet, right? )
I'm keeping my eye on this hack. Definitely.

Below is a piece of arugurete's work:
I've played the game, and yes, the music is awesome!
I've tried contacting him (or her) before and he never responded, so there goes that idea. Anyways, the music will be made by clonex25 and Magnius, and the ones that sound bad are probably the ones I made myself because I didn't want the generic crap from RSE.
Yeah, I'm going to (somehow) try to figure out how to disable the map until the flag is set.
Yeah, it's still Birch because I didn't edit the text at that point, and so what would happen if you called Elm and got Birch instead? Don't worry, it's fixed for Beta 2.
Annddd... you're right. Since Emerald didn't have one built-in, I thought that it would be hopeless. But, some ASM later, I have done it! It will be available in CrystalDust Beta 2.

My other resources:
My Website
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
robxu9
Shadowed Warrior

Quote:
I've played the game, and yes, the music is awesome!
I've tried contacting him (or her) before and he never responded, so there goes that idea. Anyways, the music will be made by clonex25 and Magnius, and the ones that sound bad are probably the ones I made myself because I didn't want the generic crap from RSE.
Yeah, I'm going to (somehow) try to figure out how to disable the map until the flag is set.
Yeah, it's still Birch because I didn't edit the text at that point, and so what would happen if you called Elm and got Birch instead? Don't worry, it's fixed for Beta 2.
Annddd... you're right. Since Emerald didn't have one built-in, I thought that it would be hopeless. But, some ASM later, I have done it! It will be available in CrystalDust Beta 2.
Really? I actually Youtube'd PM'ed him once, and he responded in like a week. Give it another try?
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Really? I actually Youtube'd PM'ed him once, and he responded in like a week. Give it another try?
Sure, I guess I'll try again.
He probably won't respond, however, as the songs are probably strictly from GoldenSun.

My other resources:
My Website
Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

You guys wanted to know what I'm working on? Here's a sneak peek!

My other resources:
My Website
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
Heres what I think!
Feature#1: How peachy!
Feature#2: This will really make reading the map a lot easier. What is that island at the bottom?
Feature#3: Will this work on a flash cart?
Feature#4: WOW! You got it to work!
Feature#5: Now that's crackin'.
Feature#6: Feels just like Crystal! Are you the first to implement this?
Overall: This is really going to be the super-finest Crystal remake ever!

P.S. How far are you into the storyline?
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
Heres what I think!
Feature#1: How peachy! :D
Feature#2: This will really make reading the map a lot easier. What is that island at the bottom? Sevii Islands.
Feature#3: Will this work on a flash cart? Depends on if your flash cart supports an RTC. If it does, then it'll probably also support this... unless your flash cart hates the day of the week byte.
Feature#4: WOW! You got it to work! Actually, it wasn't too hard. The rival one was the thing that took the most effort.
Feature#5: Now that's crackin'. :D
Feature#6: Feels just like Crystal! Are you the first to implement this? In Emerald? I believe so. In any GBA Pokémon game? No, Hackmew is, and he helped me to make one for Emerald (at least, the calling from a script part).
Overall: This is really going to be the super-finest Crystal remake ever! :D:D:D

P.S. How far are you into the storyline? I haven't been working on the storyline at the moment because it's currently the time I have allotted for myself to work on Shining Opal, but I keep getting distracted by the figuring out of things in CrystalDust. Speaking of Shining Opal... *rushes back to work but gets distracted again by trying to display a clock on the PokéGear*
Responses in bold, as is customary for me.
On a side note: I'm looking for some new tiles in FR/LG style to replace the current ones: trees, generic buildings like route gates and Pokémon Centers, and possibly even grass. They also have to be reminiscent of their GSC equivalent (like maybe pointier trees and such) and fit with the current palettes.

My other resources:
My Website
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
robxu9
Shadowed Warrior

I'm in bug-catching mode from all those Linux geeky reports, so I'm going to report any errors I find here

#1. Bug Catcher Wade (the one on Route 31) doesn't actually give you his number. The music will play, the message will show, the entry will not appear. He's a phony!
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:15 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm in bug-catching mode from all those Linux geeky reports, so I'm going to report any errors I find here

#1. Bug Catcher Wade (the one on Route 31) doesn't actually give you his number. The music will play, the message will show, the entry will not appear. He's a phony!
Yes, I know, I still haven't figured out that part of the system yet.
Don't worry, it should be figured out soon enough.

My other resources:
My Website
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
robxu9
Shadowed Warrior

Quote:
Yes, I know, I still haven't figured out that part of the system yet.
Don't worry, it should be figured out soon enough.
Well, Youngster Joey checked out ok. So I think you hit the bull's eye somewhere there
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here