The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by blase005 View Post
If you want i can look for some sprites and change them around a bit to fit. Like changing May on the bike into the male character and change all the pokemons that are there aswell into Jotho pokemons. I can make Torchic be Tododile or something and make flygon be Celebi or something. I will scale the pokemons into what size they are. If i can make this for you then just tell me and ill start working on it right away. I like to help people with stuff that has with sprites or pictures to do with. For the kyogre, groudon and rayquaza part idk what i can do there but as you said its probably unchangable.
If you can, thanks! The legendary trio part can have its images changed too, so maybe you could have Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza.
And for the title screen, I was thinking about it being the same idea behind the Emerald screen, except with Suicune looking down at you kind of menacingly. Maybe make its eyes glow like Rayquaza's markings.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
blase005
PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator

Nature: Quiet
ok im gonna start with making Celebi over flygon and then i made Tododile and think of what the 2 other pokemons can be. I can see what i can do with the legendary trio thing with the stuff i have. However everytime i try to edit a image for a pokemon game with a program i get a messed up tile that reminds me of MissingNo D: So you will have to test and edit it by yourself '

*EDIT*

I just wonder if i can make so that when rayquaza is suppose to glow yellow at some spots i instead make suicune a bit visible but also make unown appear around him making it be a bit more like the original intro.

Last edited by blase005; February 21st, 2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: I had something in mind
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
ok im gonna start with making Celebi over flygon and then i made Tododile and think of what the 2 other pokemons can be. I can see what i can do with the legendary trio thing with the stuff i have. However everytime i try to edit a image for a pokemon game with a program i get a messed up tile that reminds me of MissingNo D: So you will have to test and edit it by yourself '

*EDIT*

I just wonder if i can make so that when rayquaza is suppose to glow yellow at some spots i instead make suicune a bit visible but also make unown appear around him making it be a bit more like the original intro.
Sure, go ahead, so when Suicune's eyes (and maybe something extra) glow, so will the Unown! That's awesome.

My other resources:
My Website
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
blase005

i think im gonna make the suicune and unown part first so i have that out of the way and then make entei and raikou shadows and then send them to you before i torture myself by doing all the sprites all by myself.

*EDIT*

I sent you the suicune and unown part to you in a PM. Im gonna work on the pokemons that follows you and the trainer on the bike instead before i make entei and raikou. If you want i can make a title screen aswell since i have something in mind but im still thinking on it.

Last edited by blase005; February 21st, 2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: I just wanted to add more stuff
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:33 AM
jj_olli
It's coming...

For the other 2 Pokemon in the intro you could use Umbreon and Espeon. I think they were some of the more important "normal" GSC Pokémon
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:51 AM
blase005

I found a way to "fix" your world map name problem. I'll send it to you with a PM. However its a cheap edit but it solves your problem with calling it tohjo.

@jj_olli

I can make him a umbreon sprite to replace the pokemon that runs beside May in the beginning i can and make him a pichu running and tripping instead of totodile. Thanks for mentioning umbreon. Im gonna make some custom umbreon sprite and make them fit the replacement of the running pokemon beside may in the intro (what is the name of that pokemon?) however the 2 pokemons that are gonna replace groudon and kyogre will still be entei and raikou since diego wanted them to be there.

Last edited by blase005; February 22nd, 2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: wanted to edit some stuff.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
jj_olli
It's coming...

Yeah, I meant that Pokemon running next to May xD
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
blase005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_olli View Post
Yeah, I meant that Pokemon running next to May xD Ok.
Ok so far i have made this:

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Flying Pokemon into Zubat = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
Running Pokemon into umbreon = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Rayquaza into Suicune and Unown = X
Title Screen idea = X

Im done with all the stuff for the intro part! I will send the stuff to you on MSN since its much easier that way.

Last edited by blase005; February 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
jj_olli
It's coming...

Quote:

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Title Screen idea = X

Im done with all the stuff for the intro part! I will send the stuff to you on MSN since its much easier that way.
Mind showing us your work, I'm really interested in seeing your sprites ;)
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
MikeMatt15
Beginning Trainer

This hack is absolutely amazing. I've played up to violet city, and I hope to get to the sudowoodo event. I really want to see what you are going to do with this, and I prefer Gen 3 games to Gen 4 games. Only because I think gen 3 feels more real then gen 4 and their bobble-head looking overworlds, also, I like the idea of putting the map in one image, The downside to only being able to use one world map kinda sucks. Ah well. Great hack! I really can't wait until the next beta comes out!!!
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Giga07
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Greetings hack experts. I have a suggestion regarding the legendary pokemons. I believe that all legendary pokemon are already coded in the game and instead of overwriting (Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza), I think you can just catch them in the wild using gameshark or codebreaker. If I misunderstood this conversation, then by all means correct me. Looking forward to this great hack! Cheers!
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:51 AM
jj_olli
It's coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga07 View Post
Greetings hack experts. I have a suggestion regarding the legendary pokemons. I believe that all legendary pokemon are already coded in the game and instead of overwriting (Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza), I think you can just catch them in the wild using gameshark or codebreaker. If I misunderstood this conversation, then by all means correct me. Looking forward to this great hack! Cheers!
You misunderstood our small conversation. The graphics for the intro were the topic of our discussion, because they are not directly linked to the Pokemon data, so those sprites have to be changed, but all data that is directly linked to the Pokemon themselves will remain like in the original Emerald game.

Last edited by jj_olli; March 8th, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old March 16th, 2011, 07:54 AM
LatiasSoulDew

After try it I really feel your hack is amazing, best hack that I have tried. please finish it, and FIGHT! =)

actually I only played RBY and FRLG, its my first time playing GSC. so, I really need best crystal remake one.

Last edited by LatiasSoulDew; March 17th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old April 6th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I'd love to beta test this game some more if you've like.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
i think im gonna make the suicune and unown part first so i have that out of the way and then make entei and raikou shadows and then send them to you before i torture myself by doing all the sprites all by myself.

*EDIT*

I sent you the suicune and unown part to you in a PM. Im gonna work on the pokemons that follows you and the trainer on the bike instead before i make entei and raikou. If you want i can make a title screen aswell since i have something in mind but im still thinking on it.
Thanks, will be inserted soon.
Quote:
For the other 2 Pokemon in the intro you could use Umbreon and Espeon. I think they were some of the more important "normal" GSC Pokémon
Mm-hm.
Quote:
I found a way to "fix" your world map name problem. I'll send it to you with a PM. However its a cheap edit but it solves your problem with calling it tohjo.

@jj_olli

I can make him a umbreon sprite to replace the pokemon that runs beside May in the beginning i can and make him a pichu running and tripping instead of totodile. Thanks for mentioning umbreon. Im gonna make some custom umbreon sprite and make them fit the replacement of the running pokemon beside may in the intro (what is the name of that pokemon?) however the 2 pokemons that are gonna replace groudon and kyogre will still be entei and raikou since diego wanted them to be there.
Quote:
Yeah, I meant that Pokemon running next to May xD
Quote:

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Title Screen idea = X

Quote:
Mind showing us your work, I'm really interested in seeing your sprites
Nice conversation. This will look awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMatt15 View Post
This hack is absolutely amazing. I've played up to violet city, and I hope to get to the sudowoodo event. I really want to see what you are going to do with this, and I prefer Gen 3 games to Gen 4 games. Only because I think gen 3 feels more real then gen 4 and their bobble-head looking overworlds, also, I like the idea of putting the map in one image, The downside to only being able to use one world map kinda sucks. Ah well. Great hack! I really can't wait until the next beta comes out!!!
Thanks about that!
Soon, there will be multiple world maps to use, just like FireRed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga07 View Post
Quote:
You misunderstood our small conversation. The graphics for the intro were the topic of our discussion, because they are not directly linked to the Pokemon data, so those sprites have to be changed, but all data that is directly linked to the Pokemon themselves will remain like in the original Emerald game.
Thanks for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatiasSoulDew View Post
After try it I really feel your hack is amazing, best hack that I have tried. please finish it, and FIGHT! =)

actually I only played RBY and FRLG, its my first time playing GSC. so, I really need best crystal remake one.
Awesome, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I'd love to beta test this game some more if you've like.
There hasn't been much of the storyline done so far because of work on Shining Opal, so there's no need... yet.

My other resources:
My Website
Old April 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

Looks fun, you should try to do something other than just a remake...like your own story
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattxy8 View Post
Looks fun, you should try to do something other than just a remake...like your own story ;)
He already has another hack with its own story. This is more or a less just aq side project.
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
WOW !! This is awesome. Nice idea, the onlything that anoys me is the name on the world map, I don't know if you made it up, or if its the common name for the mix of the two regions, but its not catchy !! nice work, i give all my support !!

Old April 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattxy8 View Post
Looks fun, you should try to do something other than just a remake...like your own story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
He already has another hack with its own story. This is more or a less just aq side project.
Thanks for the reply. Although, neither of them are side projects. They are both main projects in my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
WOW !! This is awesome. Nice idea, the onlything that anoys me is the name on the world map, I don't know if you made it up, or if its the common name for the mix of the two regions, but its not catchy !! nice work, i give all my support !!
Well, you and everybody else will be glad to hear that... IT'S BEEN CHANGED!
I completely hacked the world maps to load new maps and text on the entering of a new region, so no more Tohjo!

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; April 15th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old April 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I really want to play Pokemon in the Johto region. Hoping for some kind of release soon!
Old April 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
pikachuhatesmk
Unhatched Egg

I've got a question, will you be able to run into Hoenn Pokemon so far?
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nature: Relaxed
If this has less glitches and crashes than Liquid Crystal, I'm definitely in for a Nuzlocke of the final beta. Good luck with this project, there are many hills to overcome when it comes to Emerald hacks. :D

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old April 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Xz LegaCy zX
Beginning Trainer

I finished my soul silver rom. Because i wanted to play silver in colour and have a pokemon follow me. Now i'd like to play this to to see if it compares to the actual game. Looks good though, i am not to fond of emerald though.
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Meta Paradox
Researching FireRed...

Nature: Serious
I love this hack! You might wanna fix up the PokéDex, though. And no offense, but I like this better than your other hack, Shining Opal.
Old April 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
A bug I have encountered while playing..
My Totodile is level 17 and still hasn't evolved. I didn't even stop the evolution, it's just that the evolution hasn't even come yet.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links