Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2004 (10:51 PM).
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

Hey I was wondering about something...

How is this possible?
Old November 28th, 2004 (02:48 AM).
perthskies
Nostalgic

Nature: Serious
Call me gullible if this is a joke or not...

Theoreotically that sounds possible, more or less, it's probably like a private network using long range communcation... internet? *shrugs* Or perhaps just like with mobile phones, they'll have stations set up globally... but that would probably be too expensive not to mention this sort of feature would probably incur an outside fee.

Also known as: Optic
My Anime Fansites | Forums
Old November 28th, 2004 (07:08 AM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
it basically uses blue toothe technology. a DS sends out a small signal if that signal picks up on another DS's signal, the two can communicate with eachother (Pictochat anyone?). In order to have the massive amount of people connected to eachother, you must be near a hotspot, an antenna device that amplifies your DS's signal and broadcasts it on a wide scale. Any DS's that pick up the new signal will be able to connect to your DS. This is what makes online play possible on the DS. Just hope that Nintendo utilizes it somehow...
Old November 28th, 2004 (09:27 AM).
Vf1aBattaloid690
Trainer

I believe that if you are near a wireless internet connection(the hot spot) that will broadcast it for you. This doesnt necessarily mean u need one, if ur neighbors have one, it shouldnt b 2 far away for u to use.
Old November 28th, 2004 (11:52 AM).
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

So basically anywhere that has wireless internet? Like coffee houses or ppls homes or even schools?
Old November 28th, 2004 (12:16 PM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by amphros23:
So basically anywhere that has wireless internet? Like coffee houses or ppls homes or even schools?
not really...these hotspots are built in various parts of the country. I think they may be the same thing as the cells that make cell phone technology possible. These antena devices are located at the top the very power poles that run alongside your local strets/highways...
Old November 28th, 2004 (12:24 PM).
Kyosuke
.·Simple Complexity

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by tmbjr:
it basically uses blue toothe technology. a DS sends out a small signal if that signal picks up on another DS's signal, the two can communicate with eachother (Pictochat anyone?). In order to have the massive amount of people connected to eachother, you must be near a hotspot, an antenna device that amplifies your DS's signal and broadcasts it on a wide scale. Any DS's that pick up the new signal will be able to connect to your DS. This is what makes online play possible on the DS. Just hope that Nintendo utilizes it somehow...
I hope that Online play is actully possible this time. Nintendo basically said that online play is just a fad, but look where it is now, Gamecube has some online capibilites but barely any. There could be so much potential with it and its not too late for Gamecube, I just hope Nintendo will actully listen to its fans, and not blow it with the DS.

After 7 years, Xbox Live is Still Amazing

·!¦[·Latest pieces of Writing·]¦!·
Old November 28th, 2004 (07:43 PM).
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
I do hope Nintendo puts something in play with the online thing. Maybe even being able to battle or something on it (it would be great if there was so way to tell who it was so maybe PC members could battle).

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old November 29th, 2004 (08:34 AM).
Vf1aBattaloid690
Trainer

not really...these hotspots are built in various parts of the country. I think they may be the same thing as the cells that make cell phone technology possible. These antena devices are located at the top the very power poles that run alongside your local strets/highways...
Are you sure, b/c I read that it used ur own cable hookup internet, or something like that.
Old November 29th, 2004 (01:09 PM).
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Vf1aBattaloid690:
Are you sure, b/c I read that it used ur own cable hookup internet, or something like that.
It might could use it if everything is wireless (like if you have a wireless LAN for your laptop or something).

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old November 29th, 2004 (01:14 PM).
Carlito-san
Wooo! I'm from South Park!

It has been confirmed that signals send through ANY hot-spot.Also,We could make a name thread for our ds's,so if im happy dude and i post it,Andy's Jim(hypothetical)and he posts it,and i see jim,ill know its Andy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links