The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:51 AM
meboli
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Where is HM01 Cut..? Help Me Please...
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM
nerevarine

If you'd check some earlier posts (and there aren't that many ) you'd know you get cut in the cave west of Rustboro
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboli View Post
Where is HM01 Cut..? Help Me Please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerevarine View Post
If you'd check some earlier posts (and there aren't that many ) you'd know you get cut in the cave west of Rustboro
Half-right. It's actually to be found in Endless Plains' Verdanturf area.

Quote:
Pokemon Solar? Ive never heard of that hack...
No, you wouldn't. It was never released to the general community - just to a select group. With good reason: it was insanely difficult (we're talking about the Trainer Pokémon being about 20-25 levels higher than those of the player, on average), and the Champion froze the game, and, despite having an entirely new Fakedex, none of the Pokémon had sprites... Oh, and it had enough bugs to fill a termite mound, with about seventy left over. I look on it as a learning experience.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:47 AM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
No, you wouldn't. It was never released to the general community - just to a select group. With good reason: it was insanely difficult (we're talking about the Trainer Pokémon being about 20-25 levels higher than those of the player, on average), and the Champion froze the game, and, despite having an entirely new Fakedex, none of the Pokémon had sprites... Oh, and it had enough bugs to fill a termite mound, with about seventy left over. I look on it as a learning experience.
I see. Sounds like if it were to ever be worked on again, that it would have potential to be great. But, then again, it sounds like it'd be too much of a pain in the ass...
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Ramesses
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
eh..another stuck..this time in a cave near Safari Zone...is it only the way to go East?
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:16 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
eh..another stuck..this time in a cave near Safari Zone...is it only the way to go East?
Ah the Madio Cave...Brings back memories of how I ripped my hair out at the mind numbingly difficult time I had getting through there...Yes, you need to go through the cave to get to Lilycove. All I can say is use Flash and pray that you dont go insane...
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There are some bus I found. The female swimmer in Route 130 has the same Ruby dialogue and Pokemon, her name is Katie. The Sis and Bro in Route 131 appear as Fisherman Wayne-something when you battle them. The Sage in Route 134 causes odd text to appear. Those are bugs I found.
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Hey, me again. I was wondering...I'm in Pacificlog (if it's spelled wrong, sorry) Town, and the Professor (forgot his name for the moment) said that I need to 'fight using my body' of something like that. Anyway, there's a cave north of the town, but I don't know what to do or where to go next. Any options?
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Hey, me again. I was wondering...I'm in Pacificlog (if it's spelled wrong, sorry) Town, and the Professor (forgot his name for the moment) said that I need to 'fight using my body' of something like that. Anyway, there's a cave north of the town, but I don't know what to do or where to go next. Any options?
That's the end of the current beta for this hack. Not much else you can do besides go around and fill up the Pokedex.
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:14 AM
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

I found a bug aswell. See screenshot for more information.

In the previous version, when I talked to that man the screen just got red and the game blocked. I downloaded the new version and now I get the same dialogue as in the madio cave when you talked to the girl of that couple. (the one where you step on her face after you chatted with her).

Because you move up one spot after the dialogue it is possible to walk on the water (you need to stand on the spot "above" him)
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Snakewood.png‎ (7.8 KB, 60 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkinho View Post
I found a bug aswell. See screenshot for more information.

In the previous version, when I talked to that man the screen just got red and the game blocked. I downloaded the new version and now I get the same dialogue as in the madio cave when you talked to the girl of that couple. (the one where you step on her face after you chatted with her).

Because you move up one spot after the dialogue it is possible to walk on the water (you need to stand on the spot "above" him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
There are some bus I found. The female swimmer in Route 130 has the same Ruby dialogue and Pokemon, her name is Katie. The Sis and Bro in Route 131 appear as Fisherman Wayne-something when you battle them. The Sage in Route 134 causes odd text to appear. Those are bugs I found.
Duly noted. I'll fix these in the next update.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:02 AM
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

Question: where is the item in the lilycove sewers? The one that you have to bring to the guy that was on the phone
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:05 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Question: where is the item in the lilycove sewers? The one that you have to bring to the guy that was on the phone
The item isnt in the sewers. As he said, its on a ship wreck somewhere. However, Cutlerine hasnt made that part of the game yet.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:16 AM
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

I see... Thanks It's been a while since I visited the sewers I beat the elite four a couple of times and I was just scrolling through the game a little bit when I encountered that guy in the sewers. Forgot that he said the thing about the ship.
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:09 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
I see... Thanks It's been a while since I visited the sewers I beat the elite four a couple of times and I was just scrolling through the game a little bit when I encountered that guy in the sewers. Forgot that he said the thing about the ship.
The sewers are where I spend half my time in this hack. Im just waiting for him to make the next update so I can clear my save file and start over.
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Thanks cheatfreak23 for the heads up! On the other hand...aww man, it was getting so good...oh well, this is one excellent hack I've played nevertheless. Can't wait for the next update! (Btw... teaming with the Deadly Seven at the Lilycove Department store, I've noticed that they are the Order of the Afro, and the nemesis at that point was That Man (forgot his real name) Anime reference, perhaps?
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Mcguinness3
AnimeFreak and Pokélover.

Nature: Timid
Uhm, slight bug. I managed to beat Wattson (With the lv100's) when i wasn';t supposed to, this kind of killed the script and i could face him as many times as i wanted.
How i beat him:
Poison + Mysteryegg being immune to all his pokemons attacks.
Trained my whole team up to about lv40-ish from lv20-30 this way.

Otherwise, very nice job, from what i've played so far this is a really enjoyable and unique hack!
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:03 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Thanks cheatfreak23 for the heads up! On the other hand...aww man, it was getting so good...oh well, this is one excellent hack I've played nevertheless. Can't wait for the next update! (Btw... teaming with the Deadly Seven at the Lilycove Department store, I've noticed that they are the Order of the Afro, and the nemesis at that point was That Man (forgot his real name) Anime reference, perhaps?
It sounds a little more like a reference to the movie "Undercover Brother". But yeah, the next update is gonna be where I restart the game. I plan on trying to capture some different Pokemon.
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
TheRkyeet
Member of the GGs

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinness3 View Post
Uhm, slight bug. I managed to beat Wattson (With the lv100's) when i wasn';t supposed to, this kind of killed the script and i could face him as many times as i wanted.
How i beat him:
NO WAY! Mysteryegg is not immune to all their attacks!
One crunch from a luxray, Sludge bomb from a Hakking...?
That's just absurd!

HeartGold
Emerald
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
The reference to 'That Man' is a nod to Air Gear, in which Aeon Clock fights a guy referred to up til that point only as 'That Man'. The entire Deadly Seven is a reference to Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - and a specific set of enemies in that series, in fact. 10 Points to anyone who gets that.

Quote:
How i beat him:

Otherwise, very nice job, from what i've played so far this is a really enjoyable and unique hack!
I will fix that for the next update, which looks like it'll come sometime at the weekend.

IMPORTANT

Since I'm going to get rid of Mysteryegg's Wonder Guard, and I want it to have more than 1 HP, I'm going to have to move it from Shedinja's spot in the Pokédex - so I would be eternally grateful if you could all evolve your Mysteryeggs to Secreteggs before you patch the game with the new patch, otherwise you'll end up with a blank Pokémon with 0 in all stats, no ability and no moves - and no way to evolve it. So there.

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 18th, 2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Notice
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
IMPORTANT

Since I'm going to get rid of Mysteryegg's Wonder Guard, and I want it to have more than 1 HP, I'm going to have to move it from Shedinja's spot in the Pokédex - so I would be eternally grateful if you could all evolve your Mysteryeggs to Secreteggs before you patch the game with the new patch, otherwise you'll end up with a blank Pokémon with 0 in all stats, no ability and no moves - and no way to evolve it. So there.

WAIT......so we can't just start over the game we have to continue with are game we are playing right now
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
WAIT......so we can't just start over the game we have to continue with are game we are playing right now
Just evolve the egg in the current patch then download the new one and patch it.
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Mcguinness3
AnimeFreak and Pokélover.

Nature: Timid
Not sure if me beating wattson totaly killed the script, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to turn of the generator to weaken him. Any tips or shall i just restart?
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Not sure if me beating wattson totaly killed the script, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to turn of the generator to weaken him. Any tips or shall i just restart?
You have to lose to Watson the first time. After that, go back and step on the button near the chef. That turns the generator off and weakens Watson's Pokemon.
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
IMPORTANT

It has become apparent to me that something important is missing from Snakewood as it currently stands. Therefore, with the next update, I am afraid I am going to have to ask anyone who has already defeated Elder Longwei at the top of the Shakyamuni Tower to restart their game when the next update comes out. Sorry for any inconvenience - but it will be impossible for you to solve Esau's puzzle without doing this.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here