The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:01 PM
tedtonks87
Beginning Trainer

Right now I'm in Resistance HQ, but there is nothing else to do. I saw on someone's Youtube walkthrough a door that I can enter, but it does not seem to be there in my version of the game. Coul you link me to the latest IPS? I thought that I already have the newest, but apparently I was wrong.
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM
pokedude919
Beginning Trainer

how to get inside the petalburg gym...

I have no idea how to do it
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monos89 View Post
Thanks a bunch, all the tips help. By the time I've got a Hyperegg I figure I'll have made a choice
No problem, glad I was of help :D

Btw! If you're really looking for a fire type in your team there's Ninetails, AND, I've seen a post by Cutlerine somewhere suggesting Psypig (he's a fire-psychic type).

The only thing I don't know is wether psypig evolves or not :x

On my team Dragoone is playing the fire type role (he has fire pump), tho it's not nearly as effective as a pure fire type
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
hax999
Beginning Trainer

I beat Senex for the last time, and then I get sent to a room with Asimov, I tried talking to him but nothing happens, what do I do?
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Slifer1995
Beginning Trainer

I have a question. I'm at Fortree City and the area where there are a bunch of witches, if you go to the top right you can see a small red bird in a clearing and there is a cave entrance in a small mountain behind the bird.

How do I get there? Is this like the hidden Totodile where you can walk through certain trees and such to get to a secret area or something?
Old June 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hax999 View Post
I beat Senex for the last time, and then I get sent to a room with Asimov, I tried talking to him but nothing happens, what do I do?
Maybe the "room" you mean is the "flooded HOENN"?Well,you must be playing an older version,try the newest one and then walk to the spot which you originally teleported to,before you reach that point,something will happen...

Hacks I'm working on:

Old June 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
tagen77
Beginning Trainer

I looked and looked and looked but I cannot find The earthquake TM, which i'd really like to find for the elite four. My Claydol's sand tomb isnt cutting it at all. I searched this thread and saw that its somewhere in Victory Road but I have not found it anywhere....plz help.
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
WubWub123
Beginning Trainer

Is there anyway to get Alakazam, I have a Kadabra, I'm just wondering if there's been anything added so Kadabra can evolve since I can't trade.
Old June 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
tagen77
Beginning Trainer

My gigawolf is lvl 55 and he still doesnt know any moves other than ones he learned longgggg ago. Currently he knows Extremespeed, mach punch, bite, and howl. He has great stats but his moves are starting to catch to him, does he learn more? Or is there a good fighting tm i can find anywhere to compensate for the weak mach punch?
Old June 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
cleave1ce
Beginning Trainer

@pokedude919
you don't go into the petalburg gym.. it's destroyed :D ... the badge can be found elsewhere.

@wubwub123
Kadabra evolves around level 45.. no trading or whatever needed. Alakazam has high sp atk stats.. but for me it's really a paperbag in this game (almost every opponent in the late game can do massive damage to it in single shot D

I have some questions too.. I recently continued the game after abandoning it for a month (Senex apocalypse bug) ... and I don't know where to get what.. I came across Thundercub.. made it a SHINX. It gives me "cat eye" ..I travelled around the entire game talking to npcs finally found a girl in the sewers who exchanged it for a sword.. now I have to travel all around to find the owner? (seriously, I hate doing that) so
i) anyone knows who the owner is?
ii) i caught all the furis (grass, fire and ice btw to answer one question i read on a page before, the ice furi is in the cave before the Shakya monastery.. you need strength to get to it) but is there a secret to them?
iii) Okay, i stumbled across some place called "sealed chambers" with weird runes.. is there supposed to be something there?
iv) A quiz master gave me chocwork orange... what to do with it? train it?
v) I caught Shaderu recently, it costed me my AFROBALL .. dang, I couldn't catch it otherwise! Is it worth it? Is there anything to unlock with that dang thing? (seriously, a level 90 senex is more catchable than that level 85 shaderu)
vi) anyone still remembers a tower in fort draco? A dragon said "the legendary pokemon has retutrned with the peace" .. but there's no way up Dx .. after 3 floors or so there's a warp that moves you down to the entrance..
vii) I also traded "Broken Hearts" with "Spatial Pass" with an old dude.. It says it takes me to space??

Last edited by cleave1ce; June 17th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Great job, Cutlerine. I mean it.
I don't know if you remember me, but this IS one of the best hacks I've played. Although, this leaves me with a few questions. They are spoilers, so they're in the tags.

Spoiler:

1. I've caught Senex. What do I do now? FYI I have caught Luca Zamon, Chocwork, the Furis, and stuff.
2. Is there a guide to the location of the Broken Hearts?

Great game again. This is my third time running through it...(although I did love that overpowered Unown you nerfed )

In response to cleav1ce: WARNING SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:
I have some questions too.. I recently continued the game after abandoning it for a month (Senex apocalypse bug) ... and I don't know where to get what.. I came across Thundercub.. made it a SHINX. It gives me "cat eye" ..I travelled around the entire game talking to npcs finally found a girl in the sewers who exchanged it for a sword.. now I have to travel all around to find the owner? (seriously, I hate doing that) so
i) anyone knows who the owner is? The owner is somewhere on top of the Mountain of Shakya Monastery.
Spoiler:
Namely, the Chikuwa Salesman.

iv) A quiz master gave me chocwork orange... what to do with it? train it? I guess ._. Did you trade in the Chocwork Orange?
v) I caught Shaderu recently, it costed me my AFROBALL .. dang, I couldn't catch it otherwise! Is it worth it? Is there anything to unlock with that dang thing? (seriously, a level 90 senex is more catchable than that level 85 shaderu) Nah, I've tried to do things with it...nothing worked unless someone else has tried absolutely everything/something I didn't.
vi) anyone still remembers a tower in fort draco? A dragon said "the legendary pokemon has retutrned with the peace" .. but there's no way up Dx .. after 3 floors or so there's a warp that moves you down to the entrance.. I would love to know that too >.<
vii) I also traded "Broken Hearts" with "Spatial Pass" with an old dude.. It says it takes me to space?? Well, I don't know since I'm looking for the Broken Hearts myself, but you could try going through that tower thing again with the space pass (Maybe it teleports you to space (???) )

Last edited by NainilJShah; June 17th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
cleave1ce
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NainilJShah View Post
Great job, Cutlerine. I mean it.
I don't know if you remember me, but this IS one of the best hacks I've played. Although, this leaves me with a few questions. They are spoilers, so they're in the tags.

Spoiler:

1. I've caught Senex. What do I do now? FYI I have caught Luca Zamon, Chocwork, the Furis, and stuff.
2. Is there a guide to the location of the Broken Hearts?

Great game again. This is my third time running through it...(although I did love that overpowered Unown you nerfed )

In response to cleav1ce: WARNING SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:
i) anyone knows who the owner is? The owner is somewhere on top of the Mountain of Shakya Monastery.
Spoiler:
Namely, the Chikuwa Salesman.

iv) A quiz master gave me chocwork orange... what to do with it? train it? I guess ._. Did you trade in the Chocwork Orange?
v) I caught Shaderu recently, it costed me my AFROBALL .. dang, I couldn't catch it otherwise! Is it worth it? Is there anything to unlock with that dang thing? (seriously, a level 90 senex is more catchable than that level 85 shaderu) Nah, I've tried to do things with it...nothing worked unless someone else has tried absolutely everything/something I didn't.
vi) anyone still remembers a tower in fort draco? A dragon said "the legendary pokemon has retutrned with the peace" .. but there's no way up Dx .. after 3 floors or so there's a warp that moves you down to the entrance.. I would love to know that too >.<
vii) I also traded "Broken Hearts" with "Spatial Pass" with an old dude.. It says it takes me to space?? Well, I don't know since I'm looking for the Broken Hearts myself, but you could try going through that tower thing again with the space pass (Maybe it teleports you to space (???) )

Thanks!
Btw..
Spoiler:

Whatever do you need the broken hearts for? I only found one use that is the old man gave me the spatial pass.. strangely though he say "all 50 broken hearts" i presented him with 10 or so.. still he took it as "50 hearts" and gave me the pass.
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Arquellania
Beginning Trainer

First off, great hack. I could honestly play it for hours on end.

I don't know if this was ever solved, but my game froze as I approached the last door in the right hand stairwell at the film institute. I stupidly saved it at that point, so I'm out of luck until this bug is fixed.
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:45 AM
cleave1ce
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquellania View Post
First off, great hack. I could honestly play it for hours on end.

I don't know if this was ever solved, but my game froze as I approached the last door in the right hand stairwell at the film institute. I stupidly saved it at that point, so I'm out of luck until this bug is fixed.
Did you just started playing recently? (because the latest IPS has been added in June, if you are using the version before June I suggest downloading the latest IPS and repatch the snakewood rom with the new one)
But don't you use save states? It's a good habit to make a save state from time to time.. who knows what sh*t you may end up in..
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Vodkabot
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
I'm having an issue in solar caverns. I'm on my way to Sundance Rock and I can not for the life of me pass over those holes on my vespa. I can clear the first 3 without falling in, but then that next batch (which requires a turn) always gets me. Any tips or techniques that will help me cross that? It's very frustrating. I know you're not supposed to stop at any point but I find it impossible to do the turn without slightly stopping.
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
cris9909
Beginning Trainer

Anyone Know anything about Tea Barquan? It doesnt appear in the Tower!
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ok_Im_In
Beginning Trainer

I still need help finding landon and may after catching senex. Or is the game finished already?
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Yoshichao
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to Yoshichao Send a message via Skype™ to Yoshichao
Blah, I'm going to have to try and get the latest patch working for the summer - I really wanna play this game again lol.

Quote:
Whatever do you need the broken hearts for?
Originally, there was supposed to be fifty but Cutlerine didn't put them all in so he lowered the required amount to get the Spatial Pass to ten. It's the only use for the Broken Hearts.

And the Spatial Pass...

Spoiler:
You can use it in Slateport Museum to catch Shaderu.

Quote:
I still need help finding landon and may
Aside from the confrontation in Liliycove Museum, you don't find them again I think.

Quote:
I'm having an issue in solar caverns.
You have to turn ridiculously quickly without stopping. Maybe try practicing turning in tight circles over and over - you just have to press the next direction as soon as you let go of the other one.

Quote:
Anyone Know anything about Tea Barquan?
It appears in the tower after you get/beat Luca Zamon. If you can't find it in the tower, I would assume it's some sort of glitch?
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Arquellania
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleave1ce View Post
Did you just started playing recently? (because the latest IPS has been added in June, if you are using the version before June I suggest downloading the latest IPS and repatch the snakewood rom with the new one)
But don't you use save states? It's a good habit to make a save state from time to time.. who knows what sh*t you may end up in..
Yes; I downloaded the hack a few days ago. But the rar in the opening post has an IPS file that was apparently last updated in April, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

Well, lesson learned, I suppose. Oh well.
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
bigchill45
Beginning Trainer

how do you evole pets in to pokemon or where
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchill45 View Post
how do you evole pets in to pokemon or where
Fort Draco, on a cavern that looks like endless plains
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
bigchill45
Beginning Trainer

hey i think i found a bug after you get dive i got the harddisksolo and then got to gym island and got hm04 from the deadly seven guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southueki View Post
Fort Draco, on a cavern that looks like endless plains
Ok thanks i just got dive can i get back there yet i know you get there by victory road

Last edited by bigchill45; June 19th, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
xxNerok
Beginning Trainer

Anyone mind telling me exactly where I can catch a wild sneasel? Thanks in advance
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
SquallLeonheart823
Beginning Trainer

does anyone mind telling me how to play this game? or how to set everything so i can start playing this game? thanks in advance
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
monos89
Unskilled Veteran Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallLeonheart823 View Post
does anyone mind telling me how to play this game? or how to set everything so i can start playing this game? thanks in advance
What you need is a clean Ruby ROM, a gameboy emulator (Visual Boy Advance seems to be the one that works best), the Snakewood patch, and something to apply the patch. I use Lunar IPS. Once you apply the patch, you just run the game in the emulator and there you go. Or if you have a gameboy flash card you can put it on that and play on a gameboy, which is what I've been doing. Hope this helps
Every one of us goes through life depending on and bound by our individual knowledge and awareness. And we call it reality. However, both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links