The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
DonMoosavi

How far into the hack is Esau's puzzle? If we are significantly past the elder point is it possible to play through a majority of the hack or is it absolutely necessary that we start over...

just saying...i grinded. Long. And hard.
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
How far into the hack is Esau's puzzle? If we are significantly past the elder point is it possible to play through a majority of the hack or is it absolutely necessary that we start over...
I dont know. I already deleted my save file and the IPS. Im gonna start over with Koffing this time and see about catching Pokemon I didnt before.
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:

just saying...i grinded. Long. And hard.
IMPORTANT

I'll see if I can figure out a way that you can get around this before I put up the IPS. If I do, there'll be someone, somewhere, giving you a Chikuwa - and don't squander it, because you need it to defeat Esau. If you use it, then you're going to have to restart.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:15 AM
TheRkyeet
Member of the GGs

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RandomStudios View Post
whats with the crappy charizard recolour?
I'll have you know that the "Crappy Charizard recolour" is a joke to do with the fact that a Charizard is just a dragon with a flaming tail. Therefore dragons are flame-less Charizards.

HeartGold
Emerald
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRkyeet View Post
I'll have you know that the "Crappy Charizard recolour" is a joke to do with the fact that a Charizard is just a dragon with a flaming tail. Therefore dragons are flame-less Charizards.
Correct, Rkyeet. How perspicacious of you.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Dark Sceptile
Psychic Lover

Nature: Docile
Hey, my friend showed me this a while ago, and we played it like, non-stop. After a bit, my friend missed all the zombies and looting dead corpses, but when the zombies came back, he kind of didn't want them. I love what you did with Zigzagoon's line. I was just grinding up Linoone and POOF. He has a new evo. One thing I don't like is that Gigawolf, who is Zoruark, evolves from Mightyena.

Anyway, love the hack. Hope it gets better, even though it's amazing now anyway.
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM
minime010
|...I have returned...|

Nature: Gentle
Ok. But if you need help with anything, I'm here to help. Just cant wait to see this finished!

Ever wanted a hack that allowed you to play as Team Rocket?
Or maybe even join the police force?
Join Team Rocket today, and help make amazing things happen!
-On Hold-
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:38 PM
DonMoosavi

Can anyone help me out and tell me where I can find a waterstone? I want a suicune from my egg...
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Can anyone help me out and tell me where I can find a waterstone? I want a suicune from my egg...
If I remember correctly, after you get off the submarine the second time near the Pokemon Center at Fortree and go down towards the jail, if you Surf down the regular spot near the looter guy, you can find one...
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sceptile View Post
Hey, my friend showed me this a while ago, and we played it like, non-stop. After a bit, my friend missed all the zombies and looting dead corpses, but when the zombies came back, he kind of didn't want them. I love what you did with Zigzagoon's line. I was just grinding up Linoone and POOF. He has a new evo. One thing I don't like is that Gigawolf, who is Zoruark, evolves from Mightyena.

Anyway, love the hack. Hope it gets better, even though it's amazing now anyway.
No one expects the Dragoone. No one. He's like the Spanish Inquisition. Crossed with a raccoon and a Rayquaza.

And Gigawolf is a joke that became a little too serious. I advise you don't take any of Snakewood that seriously. I don't particularly care about maintaining the integrity of the Pokémon series if I can fit an obscure reference or a joke into it instead.

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 22nd, 2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Fixin' me grammatical errerz, coz I speke de Queen's Inglish
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
DonMoosavi

Cutlerine- do you think you could post the base stats of some of the extra pokemon you added in this game?
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Ragnia
Hello

This is a great hack! Though i'm kind of scared to play it because I hate zombies
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Cutlerine- do you think you could post the base stats of some of the extra pokemon you added in this game?
Spoiler:
Cinderco
  • HP - 60
  • ATK - 80
  • DEF - 40
  • SP ATK - 50
  • SP DEF - 40
  • SPD - 30
Abilities: Run Away/Flame Body

Radiorange
  • HP - 97
  • ATK - 75
  • DEF - 90
  • SP ATK - 150
  • SP DEF - 40
  • SPD - 35
Abilities: Pressure/Intimidate

Hyperegg
  • HP - 255
  • ATK - 65
  • DEF - 100
  • SP ATK - 45
  • SP DEF - 100
  • SPD - 50
Ability: Shell Armour

Kingmadio
  • HP - 1
  • ATK - 1
  • DEF - 1
  • SP ATK - 1
  • SP DEF - 1
  • SPD - 255
Ability: Wonder Guard

Faceleech
  • HP - 1
  • ATK - 175
  • DEF - 1
  • SP ATK - 1
  • SP DEF - 1
  • SPD - 255
Ability: Speed Boost

Ramshaker
  • HP - 90
  • ATK - 70
  • DEF - 85
  • SP ATK - 80
  • SP DEF - 105
  • SPD - 60
Abilities: Huge Power/Thick Fat

That's just a random selection. If there's a particular Pokémon whose stats that you want, just ask and I'll post them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
This is a great hack! Though i'm kind of scared to play it because I hate zombies
Don't worry. For a large part of the game you fight chefs instead of zombies. Besides, the game is essentially a comedy.

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 22nd, 2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Ah wuz puttin' the 'SP' in 'SP DEF'. An' ah wuz addin' abilities.
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Ragnia
Hello

I have a problem.
In the submarine the elevator is broken and I have a magnemite so what should I do?
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
I have a problem.
In the submarine the elevator is broken and I have a magnemite so what should I do?
Spoiler:
If this is the first time you are in the submarine, then just fix the engine and it'll all be fine. If this is the second time and you need to fix the elevator, walk up to it and make sure your Magnemite knows ThunderShock.

Also, the update isn't going to happen this weekend. I've decided that rather than give you the game's trickiest (or easiest, depending on your knowledge of the subject) puzzle, one battle and one cutscene, I'm going to continue building the game up until I've finished the Abandoned Mines and part of Sootopolis. This means I don't know when the next update will be - but it will be quite large.

Old November 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Alright thanks and yes this is my first time in the sub
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
The update isn't going to happen this weekend. I've decided that rather than give you the game's trickiest (or easiest, depending on your knowledge of the subject) puzzle, one battle and one cutscene, I'm going to continue building the game up until I've finished the Abandoned Mines and part of Sootopolis. This means I don't know when the next update will be - but it will be quite large.
Good choice there. We're already waiting for the update, and knowing its not gonna be a small one leaves us wanting to play the game even more.
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Another problem....
I just caught wattson as the murderer in new mauville and learned I need to go save Gleis from the inquisition from the guy in the Mauville gym. Where do I go next? Yes I am fail.

Last edited by Ragnia; November 21st, 2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: FOrgot a detail
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
You sail to that little island near the New Mauville entrance.

Anyways, great hack so far. It's a great concept, the new Pokemon are cool, and it's a great challenge.

... Although, I've no idea how to reach Fallarbor. The only way I could think of was to go back to Rustboro and go through the cave, but it's blocked by an army of zombies...

Now watch as I'm told a blatantly obvious way to get there.

Edit: Nevermind, just found out how. I should really play this game at normal speeds. then I won't miss these items...

Last edited by Roxasabridged; November 21st, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

to fix your tile glitches, make sure your tilesets in advance map match up! if not, put a seperator building in between the areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRkyeet View Post
lol sorry, i just thought that it didnt look very good

Last edited by colcolstyles; November 21st, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old November 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So yah, i've just fixed the elevator and entered it. What am i supposed to do next? Im thinking i need to use the warp tile but i don't have the key.

2nd time on the sub.

Come play Runescape
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Alright I need more help......
I just got Meteor's daughter the egg back from Gleis at the weather institute so where do I go next?
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:10 PM
meboli
Unhatched Egg

Where is Four and Eight Badge..?Help Me Please..
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboli View Post
Where is Four and Eight Badge..?Help Me Please..
Fourth Badge? Isn't in the game yet; it completely slipped my mind. Eighth Badge is available from Esau in the Pacifidlog Gym. You don't need all eight Badges to challenge the League, though.

Quote:
Alright I need more help......
I just got Meteor's daughter the egg back from Gleis at the weather institute so where do I go next?
Just keep going down Route 119 to Route 118, then east onto 121... I could be making this up.

Note: I'm not making this up. Just keep going; the storyline will present itself outside the Berry Master's house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
So yah, i've just fixed the elevator and entered it. What am i supposed to do next? Im thinking i need to use the warp tile but i don't have the key.

2nd time on the sub.
Hah! Another one foiled by my fiendish puzzles. Let me give you a hint:

Spoiler:
Ditto can Transform into anything. I repeat, into anything. Even a key.

The Trick Master says he's the trickiest man in all Hoenn. Huh, he's got nothing on me.

In other news... Snakewood has won Hack of the Week! How pleasing.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
...I feel kinda stupid now. I remember reading that a while back but i had thought that that was supposed to be done the next time you went through the sub.

And i might as well say this now but... 'Tis a liquid of some sort is really epic. I laughed at that but didn't really understand until the part were you have to rescue Gleis.

One question though... Did Usher kill everyone on the sub? I've read the diary entries and the sub status and im kinda thinking that he killed everyone.

Edit - Yet again im stuck. Im on mount pyre now and i can't get that severed head to move. I tried giving the dispel toke to a pokemon and that didn't work. I've got badges 1,2,3, and 5. Just saved Meteors daughter.

Come play Runescape

Last edited by Mr. X; November 22nd, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links