Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukihime View Post
Alright, I repicked up the hack and beat the E4 just like 15 minutes ago but erm...where exactly do I go now? x_X I restarted back in Venderturf town and flew to Pacifilodge where some Esau guy rambled to me about getting captured now I'm at Lilycove fighting the Deadly 7 again..

who's sprites don't exist ._.; Only the scripts are there, lol.
What? How on earth have you managed that? After the E4, you restart in a small room in the E4 building and then go outside, where Prof. Birch phones you and tells you to go to Lilycove and go to the sewers. Something's gone horribly wrong there, and since no one else seems to have had this problem I'm at a loss as to what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
I need help. So after you get a call from Birch, he tells you to go to Norman's gym. I can't enter it. Someone help me?
When did you get this phone call? If you got it after defeating Pestilence, you didn't read it properly. It said 'Look for survivors from Norman's Gym. You'll find her, Normal Girl Laura, on the route leading North from Rustboro City.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.

Last edited by Cutlerine; December 2nd, 2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Oh my God! I misspelt 'survivors'! Please don't tell anyone; they might consider me a lesser being and shoot me!
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:52 AM
monkeypoo89
Beginning Trainer

i can't do the first event o.o
Hacks i support
Spoiler:

Old November 28th, 2010, 06:29 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypoo89 View Post
i can't do the first event o.o
Yay for specific. Why can't you do the first event? What happens when you try to do the first event? That doesn't help anyone.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=253113
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:42 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
From what I remember the first events up to leaving Petalburg are:

-Choose a starter Pokemon in the destroyed Littleroot
-Save Prof. Birch from a Zombie Kid
-Go to Route 103 and talk to Prof. Birch
-Battle against the Deathcaller and her Sneasel
-Try to leave Petalburg where an event happens then you are able to leave

Those are the first events in the ROM Hack.
Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Copyright Infringement.
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Yuukihime
I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
What? How on earth have you managed that? After the E4, you restart in a small room in the E4 building and then go outside, where Prof. Birch phones you and tells you to go to Lilycove and go to the sewers. Something's gone horribly wrong there, and since no one else seems to have had this problem I'm at a loss as to what to say.
Huh, weird. :S

Here's a screenshot montage..thing.

Spoiler:

Weird. :S

This still happened after I loaded a back up save I had before I beat the E4. Could it be my ROM, should I repatch it? :S
"The world is not changing if you don't shoulder the burden of responsibility" - Ai Weiwei
Role-player|Reader|Language Studies Major|
Apparently I have a Pair who's name is Cirrus
Old November 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
Another question. It might sound stupid, but how do I make the elevator work? I caught Magnemite and it still says I can't enter. What am I supposed to thundershock?

Old November 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM
DonMoosavi

On your first time on the sub dont bother with the magnemite and just head over and get the arclight spanner to fix the engline
Old November 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
XDragonRiderX

Where's that? I looked all over the sub.

Old November 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM
DonMoosavi

In a cabinet, surf down go to the far right.
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM
XDragonRiderX

Edit: where the hell am I suppose to fix the engine. I can't find it.

Old November 28th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
From where you get the arclight spanner surf over to the left and you should see a giant water boiler engine looking thing. Go over to that and press a. It should say this part is not the part that needs to be fixed so just go up it and keep pressing a.
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukihime View Post
Huh, weird.

Here's a screenshot montage..thing.

Spoiler:

Weird.

This still happened after I loaded a back up save I had before I beat the E4. Could it be my ROM, should I repatch it?
Ahá! Found the cause of the problem. I'll fix it in the next update.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:52 AM
DonMoosavi

Alright finally finished! My only criticism is story-wise. I think it would be possible to better connect the Elite 4 to the actual storyline...you basically randomly take a break from your quest and beat some powerful trainers en route to being enshrined in the Hall of Fame... I guess im suggestion a line or two indicating that the Elite 4 are aware of the zombieness and are unable to stop it...maybe they themselves are seeking to help you get stronger, acknowledging that they themselves lack that power...

the random appearance of Steven Stone is also strange, he pops in and doesnt refer to the invasion or mention why he is not helping out...

btw absolutely loved the hack and the storyline. Insane plot twists. At like 4 different points during the story, everything you think you know turns out to be false. Especially enjoyed the flashback/dream sequence at the end
Old November 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM
XDragonRiderX

Final question (probably): How do I turn off the generator?

Old November 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
zeroshin0
The Doctor

Nature: Timid
holy Milktank just yesterday i was telling my friend "dude i want to play a pokemon game where you fight zombies" sounds awsome can't wait to play
Old November 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Go over by the chef and there should be a red button. Just step on it and it should turn off.
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM
XDragonRiderX

Another one (seriously? this game's really hard for me): how do I get rocksmash to get to the desert??

Old November 30th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
Alright finally finished! My only criticism is story-wise. I think it would be possible to better connect the Elite 4 to the actual storyline...you basically randomly take a break from your quest and beat some powerful trainers en route to being enshrined in the Hall of Fame... I guess im suggestion a line or two indicating that the Elite 4 are aware of the zombieness and are unable to stop it...maybe they themselves are seeking to help you get stronger, acknowledging that they themselves lack that power...

the random appearance of Steven Stone is also strange, he pops in and doesnt refer to the invasion or mention why he is not helping out...

btw absolutely loved the hack and the storyline. Insane plot twists. At like 4 different points during the story, everything you think you know turns out to be false. Especially enjoyed the flashback/dream sequence at the end
Remove some randomness from Snakewood? Sorry, but that would go against my natural sensibilities. The E4 are aware of the zombies - three of them were eaten, remember? Also, as you will find out, Steven Stone is helping out - in a big way. If you really want to know, I'll tell you how:

Spoiler:
Steven Stone is part of the four-man team (along with the player, Meteor and Sage Izumii) that breaks into Senex's Necropolis right at the end of the storyline, and is the one who ultimately destroys the structure, using his Metagross's Earthquake.

EDIT: Seriously, has no one got the whole 'Taoist' thing yet? Hasn't it occurred to anyone that there's only one canon where Taoists control zombies? I thought that was an easy reference... but I guess I was wrong. 40 points to anyone who gets it.

Quote:
Another one (seriously? this game's really hard for me): how do I get rocksmash to get to the desert??
Go rescue Gleis from the Island of Calm. He'll give you Rock Smash as a reward.

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 30th, 2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: There was somethin' to be said that wouldn't stay unsaid.
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
XDragonRiderX

Where's the Island Of Calm? Also is it a reference to the Island Of Guam?

Old November 30th, 2010, 04:18 PM
DonMoosavi

I certainly hope not. Generally his references are significantly more clever and refer to fictional things

I wont get the 40 pts, but in chinese mythology Taoists lead dead soldiers to battle. Unless its a canon along those lines? Partial credit?
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Don't worry about asking a ton of questions. I asked so many questions so many times I got up to saying "kagilianth" which Culterine got a kick out of. But The Island of Calm is over by new mauville. It's that little bit of land with the tree and the sign.

I have one quick question. Does the game end after you meet dr.blackthorn or something at pacifilog and he tells you to go train with the gym leader.

Last edited by colcolstyles; November 30th, 2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:34 PM
XDragonRiderX

Ok, so which door do I go through to get to Gleis?

Old December 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Ok, so which door do I go through to get to Gleis?
The Island of Calm is a giant maze. If you're referring to the doors on the mountain on it, you have to go through every single one and fight all the Deadly Seven. If you're referring to the choice of doors you get a few floors down in the Island of Calm itself, then choose very, very carefully.

Spoiler:
The door with the hook above it is not safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Don't worry about asking a ton of questions. I asked so many questions so many times I got up to saying "kagilianth" which Culterine got a kick out of. But The Island of Calm is over by new mauville. It's that little bit of land with the tree and the sign.

I have one quick question. Does the game end after you meet dr.blackthorn or something at pacifilog and he tells you to go train with the gym leader.
That's where the current beta ends. I'm almost finished with the next update - just a couple of bugs in the Abandoned Mine and the Resistance Headquarters to iron out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
I certainly hope not. Generally his references are significantly more clever and refer to fictional things

I wont get the 40 pts, but in chinese mythology Taoists lead dead soldiers to battle. Unless its a canon along those lines? Partial credit?
Eh... 5 points. Somewhat close. As you said, this would be a fictional reference - and I'll tell you it's a modern one at that.

EDIT: Oh, and the Island of Calm is not a reference to the Island of Guam. It's a reference to... to... I don't know. Probably nothing at all, just some random thing I made up. I know I took the name from the expression 'an island of calm', probably because it seemed vaguely funny at a time to reveal somewhere so peaceful-sounding and tiny as a gigantic place full of chaos and insanity, and caves full of orangeade.

Last edited by Cutlerine; December 1st, 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: The Island of Calm is no Island of Guam, no, not at all, marm. Hee hee, poetry~
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
XDragonRiderX

How do I get past the Frigid Way?

Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
How do I get past the Frigid Way?
It's a simple ice maze. I don't have a picture, so I can't tell you the exact route - but it's not too hard to get from the ladder where you get in to the south-west exit. You might be trying to get to the north exit, which you can't get through without Strength, an HM that is, to the chagrin of an awful lot of people, completely unavailable as of yet.

Oh, and EXCITING NEWS, EVERYONE:

I have the new update ready - I can confirm that unless extreme circumstances occur, it will be posted on Sunday. Define 'extreme circumstances' as you wish.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links