The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2010, 03:55 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
(proceeds to wham head on table for 40 mins) Nah, I mean like where exactly IS the Hoenn University of Film. As in, the location. Sorry for my rudeness. I was just annoyed how nobody replied to me.

Old December 19th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-J View Post
A few things:
- This hack is still sweet, I'll do the next part soon.
- I thought your mini-hack was based upon the grander hack idea, regarding the city? Y'know what I'm talking about? Also this Cangrejo thing sounds rather Saw-like worryingly.
- Thirdly, I am having problems with sprite editing - especially hero editing. Also scripting. You know any good tutorials for that?

Cheers man, hope your hols are going well.
R
X
If you want to speak to me about this, I suggest you PM me rather than use the thread. Might I also request you delete that post? I'd rather you didn't use my actual name here.

Quote:
(proceeds to wham head on table for 40 mins) Nah, I mean like where exactly IS the Hoenn University of Film. As in, the location. Sorry for my rudeness. I was just annoyed how nobody replied to me
Uh, is this a serious question? It's the largest building in Fortree. If you look around, you'll notice that Fortree has ladders extending southwards that weren't there in Ruby - because they lead down to Hoenn's only university.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.

Last edited by Cutlerine; December 19th, 2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Answering a question in stunned disbelief.
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
I like the fakemon, and the lemon made me laugh. Your hack looks cute, with some work you can make it sexy; good luck!
Old December 19th, 2010, 10:18 PM
XDragonRiderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
Uh, is this a serious question? It's the largest building in Fortree. If you look around, you'll notice that Fortree has ladders extending southwards that weren't there in Ruby - because they lead down to Hoenn's only university.
Yes this is, there's no ladder. Glitch? It's supposed to be below the girl right?

Old December 20th, 2010, 01:56 PM
<(-.-)>
Its a penguin!

Location: Sitting in the shaddows plotting how not to pay next months rent
Nature: Relaxed
this is my favorite hack! it has a great storyline but has a few graphical errors and a movement permission error when entering lillycove from the left also i love the puzzles
``````I>U
``````
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:28 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I know this may have been answered before but the Lilycove Sewers are supposed to be based on Silvertone Sewers from Pokemon Identity right? I also like to play that ROM Hack, there will be a new demo next year which what we are getting close to.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I know this may have been answered before but the Lilycove Sewers are supposed to be based on Silvertone Sewers from Pokemon Identity right? I also like to play that ROM Hack, there will be a new demo next year which what we are getting close to.
They weren't meant to be based on Silvertone Sewers... but now you mention it, I can see the similarities. Damn it. I've been influenced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(-.-)> View Post
this is my favorite hack! it has a great storyline but has a few graphical errors and a movement permission error when entering lillycove from the left also i love the puzzles
Explain this movement permission error, then I can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
Yes this is, there's no ladder. Glitch? It's supposed to be below the girl right?
Probably. Since no one else has had this problem, I'm going to suggest this had something to do with your use of the Walk Through Walls cheat, which has caused other people problems at points during the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
I like the fakemon, and the lemon made me laugh. Your hack looks cute, with some work you can make it sexy; good luck!

It's an orange.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:53 AM
callumjames3

I've got to say, this is one of the best hacks Ive ever played. It's creative, funny, and has a certain factor that most hacks lack. I've seen a few tile glitchs, but not enough to ruin the fun for me. Another thing I like is that the game appears to be updated frequently, there's nothing worse than a brilliant concept that never gets finished. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Quote:
He is up there - but those of you who fought Elder Longwei before the update, as I warned you about a while ago, will not find him up there. Don Pachi is hidden from view. I'll implement a way of revealing him in tomorrow's update, and in that update only.

You do give the Pachi Sword to him, though. I mean, come on. Who else would have the Pachi Sword? Although I guess giving him the Pachi Hammer would make more sense...
So um how exactly do you reveal him XD Because honestly I would like to complete the trading quest of tradingness.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
So um how exactly do you reveal him XD Because honestly I would like to complete the trading quest of tradingness.
Er... I completely forgot about that. Next update, I promise. Seriously.

Besides, you can't complete the trading quest yet. There is no one to accept the Hajike Bird - and thus no one who will give you the final item to take to the secret location and summon the legendary Pokémon.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Er... I completely forgot about that. Next update, I promise. Seriously.

Besides, you can't complete the trading quest yet. There is no one to accept the Hajike Bird - and thus no one who will give you the final item to take to the secret location and summon the legendary Pokémon.
Alright, I shall wait then. And when I said complete I meant complete what I can so far XD.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
XDragonRiderX

What do I do after I reach ForTree City? I beat Winona already.

Last edited by XDragonRiderX; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
What do I do after I reach ForTree City? I beat Winona already.
Continue on your quest... You have to get that Egg back to Meteor, remember?

Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I was thinking about getting an absol for no reason, is there a secret evo for absol?
And plus...this hack is by far, the most creative hack I really think this hack might win HOTM, or maybe if this finnishes HOTY.

Is there a secret evo of absol XD?
Anyway Cuterline, this hack is by far the most creative hack I ever seen, might win HOTM,or maybe when you finnish it HOTY XD.

Last edited by colcolstyles; December 23rd, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
I was thinking about getting an absol for no reason, is there a secret evo for absol?
And plus...this hack is by far, the most creative hack I really think this hack might win HOTM, or maybe if this finnishes HOTY.

Is there a secret evo of absol XD?
Anyway Cuterline, this hack is by far the most creative hack I ever seen, might win HOTM,or maybe when you finnish it HOTY XD.
What can I say? I'm a creative kind of guy, and I've got about a billion ideas still left to use. I'm going to start working on Snakewood again the day after Christmas, and hopefully there'll be something of an update sometime soon.

As for secret Absol evolutions, you'll have to find out for yourself. If there is one, it probably looks a bit like my current avatar, only more GBA-ish.

Old December 24th, 2010, 10:57 AM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

where do I go after getting the 7th badge and where is sundance rock.
I love this hack, it's one of my favorites.

This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.

Last edited by MUDKIPS4LIFE; December 24th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Just picked up the mini hack. Pissed that it was a hack of Fire Red. Played it and the Capture the Flag game doesnt complete for me. I had to use the Max Stats code to survive being poisoned until I found the kitchen....
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
Just picked up the mini hack. Pissed that it was a hack of Fire Red. Played it and the Capture the Flag game doesnt complete for me. I had to use the Max Stats code to survive being poisoned until I found the kitchen....
You do realise that if you die, you just lose one flag. That's it.

And I'm very frustrated about the Capture the Flag game. It only completes 50% of the time.

Old December 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
You do realise that if you die, you just lose one flag. That's it.

And I'm very frustrated about the Capture the Flag game. It only completes 50% of the time.
I know that know, but still, it was pretty lame that the Flag game didnt finish. And I dont know why, but I cant ever get my VBA to play the game at higher than 85% when Ruby hacks can go up over 200%....Must be the graphics or something....
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
I know that know, but still, it was pretty lame that the Flag game didnt finish. And I dont know why, but I cant ever get my VBA to play the game at higher than 85% when Ruby hacks can go up over 200%....Must be the graphics or something....
I have no defence to offer except this: it follows in a grand tradition of unwanted Christmas presents. What you all wanted really was more Snakewood. But you got something unnecessary, unwanted and unusable instead.

That's impenetrability for you.

Old December 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
What you all wanted really was more Snakewood. But you got something unnecessary, unwanted and unusable instead.
Eh, who cares the mini-hack was still good Cutlerine, sure I kinda wanted some more snakewood but now I want to play some more of that mini-hack! XD
The ending kinda left me on a cliffhanger though.
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Version Five
Restarted entire hack. :(

Sounds great to me! Can't wait for the full version.
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
I have no defence to offer except this: it follows in a grand tradition of unwanted Christmas presents. What you all wanted really was more Snakewood. But you got something unnecessary, unwanted and unusable instead.

That's impenetrability for you.
I just woke up when I posted this, so its gonna take a bit to wrap my head around it. Honestly, if it wasnt for the speed my VBA plays Fire Red hacks and that early game screwing up, the mini hack was pretty good.
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Eh, who cares the mini-hack was still good Cutlerine, sure I kinda wanted some more snakewood but now I want to play some more of that mini-hack! XD
The ending kinda left me on a cliffhanger though.
I'll continue it at some point - the main reason I did it was that I seriously needed a break from Snakewood. Did you enjoy my new types? There were four: Light, Sound, Nuclear and Beauty, though you could only see Light and Sound types, since Glistenan was Light type and Kimplause's Growl was Sound type.

It'll be continued when I next need a break, which won't be for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Version Five View Post
Sounds great to me! Can't wait for the full version.
There won't be a full version - but there will be a continuation at some point.

Quote:
I just woke up when I posted this, so its gonna take a bit to wrap my head around it. Honestly, if it wasnt for the speed my VBA plays Fire Red hacks and that early game screwing up, the mini hack was pretty good.
OK.

Aw. When I last checked, there were exactly 493 posts here, which I found amaaazing (because I'm not in my right mind). I feel kind of deflated now, finding there are 497, and soon to be 498.

Anyway. Rant over. Snakewood update sometime next month, guys; maybe I'll complete a sidequest and put that in for New Year's Day, since I'm not going to be done with this main story for a while (the Necropolis is growing larger than even I anticipated. Stupid Star Wars and V for Vendetta references).

Old December 26th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Actually I did notice those types, are you thinking of adding them in snakewood.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here