Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I'm sorry, but this is not a sensible question. 'Was I supposed to enter Fortree via the legitimate entrance?' Oddly enough, yes. Yes you were.

Gah. This was not a mistake on my part, is what I'm trying to say. It's entirely intentional.
Umm.... I had to WTW to get to Fortree City. There was no other way in.....

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:25 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragonRiderX View Post
Umm.... I had to WTW to get to Fortree City. There was no other way in.....
Wrong. You know that invisible object you were talking about, that blocks the way out? That's the way in.

No one else seems to have had any trouble with this. I would not make a game that requires cheating in order to progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon
Well, I'm enjoying the Mini-hack, but I can't beat Hologram 003. It's too strong for me.

Also, in Snakewood... You go to the Island of Calm after beating Wattson, right? Well, it's not letting me in. I think I've forgotten to do something.
Hologram 003... yeah, he took me a while, too. R.H.I.N.O.'s really evil, huh?

Anyway, after beating Wattson, go visit the Gym. Some nefarious-lookin' individual will be a-skulkin' around there...

Oh, and by the way, the Christmas mini-hack is coming down on Twelfth Night, so if you haven't played it yet and you want to, you just have a few more days to do so.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:42 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
No one answered the glitch I found so I'll post it again.
So I accidently overwrote my save file and I started a new game, and I discovered if you use the mystery egg in battle the game crashs, cuterline please fix it .

Poketch

Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
No one answered the glitch I found so I'll post it again.
So I accidently overwrote my save file and I started a new game, and I discovered if you use the mystery egg in battle the game crashs, cuterline please fix it .
Believe me, I've been working on this for some time now. I have no idea what's going on there; it's something to do with the way you obtain him, because wild-caught Mysteryegg don't do this... Gah.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
CHARIZARD owns
Pokemon Master

Nature: Calm
if you don't mind me asking,is this hack finished?Or is it in beta?
Beckon From The Shadows
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARIZARD owns View Post
if you don't mind me asking,is this hack finished?Or is it in beta?
It's still in beta. It goes beyond the Elite Four, but the storyline isn't finished and there are a few bugs. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear in the first post.

The main story is quite close to completion; however, the extra events, hidden areas and secret side-quests are only about 50% done. Not that that many people have discovered that many of them.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

I hacked the game to get a wild mysteryegg and it still doesn't work.

Poketch

Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
Oh, duh. Of course, I completely forgot about going into the Gym. Herpderp moment.

Which makes sense. I went to the Island of Calm and I was like "Hang on... How would I know to go here? No-one's told me". So, yeah, thanks man.

And Hologram 003 isn't just evil - it's impossible. I have 2 pokemon (Natu and that dark evolved dude) and no potions or anything. I can't go back anywhere and train up. So I'm just trying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over... And dying every time. D: Seriously. It sucks, man.

Last edited by Raaxon; January 2nd, 2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Had to add something.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:03 AM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Cutlerine, you really need to work the bugs out of that mini hack. Ive tried to play it 6 times now, starting over each time, and not once did the Flag game finish.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
Cutlerine, you really need to work the bugs out of that mini hack. Ive tried to play it 6 times now, starting over each time, and not once did the Flag game finish.
I really need to, do I? What's the use? The mini-hack's coming down on Thursday; it hardly seems worth it. I'm concentrating on the epic final area in Snakewood's storyline at present, Senex's Necropolis. The area introduces multiple new Zombiemon, a new elite class of Zombie Trainer, and the resolution to the player's ongoing quest to rescue Landon and May. I think I might be justified in saying that that is more worthy of my attention than R.H.I.N.O.'s Flag Game.

Here's a bonus, since it's still the Christmas season and I'm feeling appropriately jolly. Some new Pokémon have been zombified; to see three of them (pre-zombification, of course) open up the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
I really need to, do I? What's the use? The mini-hack's coming down on Thursday; it hardly seems worth it. I'm concentrating on the epic final area in Snakewood's storyline at present, Senex's Necropolis. The area introduces multiple new Zombiemon, a new elite class of Zombie Trainer, and the resolution to the player's ongoing quest to rescue Landon and May. I think I might be justified in saying that that is more worthy of my attention than R.H.I.N.O.'s Flag Game.
Im just saying that if the mini hack reflects a few things in the next hack you make, then it's not looking too good. Im still loyal to Snakewood.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Im just saying that if the mini hack reflects a few things in the next hack you make, then it's not looking too good. Im still loyal to Snakewood.
The only part of the mini-hack that will be used in Keratin is the new type system, plus the practice of decapitalising things in regular speech. That's all. Scripting issues are not something I condone in anything important, especially since I don't believe in having glorious graphics; thus, you can rest assured that in any major projects of mine, I will not allow such errors to occur.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Quote:

Here's a bonus, since it's still the Christmas season and I'm feeling appropriately jolly. Some new Pokémon have been zombified; to see three of them (pre-zombification, of course) open up the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

OMG! Please oh please don't zombinify Latias! She be one of my favorite pokemon........Cutlerine you are the personification of evil......... Just like Lord Voldemort and Alvin and the Chipmunks :D
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
OMG! Please oh please don't zombinify Latias! She be one of my favorite pokemon........Cutlerine you are the personification of evil......... Just like Lord Voldemort and Alvin and the Chipmunks :D
Actually latias might not look bad as a zombie actually, I made a demon sprite of her before, anyway cutlerine, even though your fully focused on completeing the hack....Please take care of the mystery egg glitch, what if someone decided to try this hack and as soon as they use a mystery egg there games gone.

Poketch

Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
How do I get past the invisible object? Hi w/ my Vespa? JK, other than that, my game's perfectly normal. Just the usual glitches.

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
The only part of the mini-hack that will be used in Keratin is the new type system, plus the practice of decapitalising things in regular speech. That's all. Scripting issues are not something I condone in anything important, especially since I don't believe in having glorious graphics; thus, you can rest assured that in any major projects of mine, I will not allow such errors to occur.
That's at least good to know. I mean, besides the flag game and the fact it was a Fire Red base, that mini hack was pretty interesting. Too bad I could never actually get past the flags and see what else happens...
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:10 AM
callumjames3

Where do you get an exp share in this game, I keep have to rely on the day care to train up my weaker pokemon?
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
That's at least good to know. I mean, besides the flag game and the fact it was a Fire Red base, that mini hack was pretty interesting. Too bad I could never actually get past the flags and see what else happens...
Huh? You couldn't get past them? I thought you meant the script at the end wasn't working! Tell me, do you mean that when you went towards the stairs, R.H.I.N.O. told you the game wasn't over? If that's the case, then just walk over towards the stairs again - and again - and again. R.H.I.N.O. uses a random number generator to decide when your time is up...

Quote:
Actually latias might not look bad as a zombie actually, I made a demon sprite of her before, anyway cutlerine, even though your fully focused on completeing the hack....Please take care of the mystery egg glitch, what if someone decided to try this hack and as soon as they use a mystery egg there games gone.
Working on Mysteryegg too, don't worry. I wouldn't forget about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Whoa. That's a pretty serious accusation there. Voldemort I can take, but the Chipmunks? A harsh blow, my friend. Anyway, Latias is only partially zombified. It's... difficult to explain without giving the concept away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callumjames3 View Post
Where do you get an exp share in this game, I keep have to rely on the day care to train up my weaker pokemon?
Beat Mugwin the Troll on top of Escher Hill in Famine's Desert, north of Mauville. Make sure there's a free space in your bag, because I'm not entirely sure he holds onto it for you if you don't take it straight away...

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Whoa. That's a pretty serious accusation there. Voldemort I can take, but the Chipmunks? A harsh blow, my friend. Anyway, Latias is only partially zombified. It's... difficult to explain without giving the concept away..
I'm guessing, but I think latias is cursed and you need to save her.

Poketch

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
I'm guessing, but I think latias is cursed and you need to save her.
Er, no. I'm going to come right out and say I don't really like Latias and Latios. They don't get a quest to themselves, so sorry, all you Eon Twin fans out there. They look stupid when viewed from behind, Latios' neck is too thick, and, all in all, I prefer a nice Palkia, or an Azelf, or even a good old-fashioned Mewtwo.

Bit of a tangent there, and one that'll probably incite screams of rage from those who hated Generation IV's Pokémon and also from those who love the Eon Twins, but what I was trying to say amidst all that rubbish was that Latios and Latias are not cursed. There are lots of them, and they are, well, sorta kinda partially semi-zombified in a different sort of way to usual.

Old January 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Huh? You couldn't get past them? I thought you meant the script at the end wasn't working! Tell me, do you mean that when you went towards the stairs, R.H.I.N.O. told you the game wasn't over? If that's the case, then just walk over towards the stairs again - and again - and again. R.H.I.N.O. uses a random number generator to decide when your time is up...
Yeah, when I went towards the stairs, it kept saying I couldnt move on until the game ended...

Knowing that now, Ive gotta get another Fire Red ROM....Ugh, I seriously cant stand how slow my computer runs Fire Red ROMs/hacks....But, this is an interesting hack, so Ive gotta suck it up....

Last edited by cheatfreak23; January 4th, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
MUDKIPS4LIFE
Hack Player.

Nature: Relaxed
My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the pokemon in the game. what's with the Gurren Lagann reference. I found a Kamina and checked it's sprite. XD

note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a pokemon evolves, or how it evolves.

also what do the broken hearts do?

I also found the 3 starters.
Hacks I support

This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.

Last edited by MUDKIPS4LIFE; January 4th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
Nice hack. The edginess and dark themes really make it unique, but I feel that the disembodied heads were pushing it a bit, and bordering on plain silly.

Yellow: Complete
Crystal:
Complete
Sapphire: Not Started
Cherrim: Not Started
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
It looks really good, and has some amazing puzzles in it.
I only found 3 stones (Fire Stone and Thunderstone and a Sun Stone but it can't be used on Hyperegg) and I already beat the Elite Four. Where do I find the rest of them?

And it's pretty normal in Hoenn that the Elite Four's Pokemon are tougher than all the others, but the fact that normal trainers after the Elite Four use level 70 Pokemon makes it really tough to advance with level 55 Pokemon. Great game anyway

VDex:
White:
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Techneon View Post
It looks really good, and has some amazing puzzles in it.
I only found 3 stones (Fire Stone and Thunderstone and a Sun Stone but it can't be used on Hyperegg) and I already beat the Elite Four. Where do I find the rest of them?

And it's pretty normal in Hoenn that the Elite Four's Pokemon are tougher than all the others, but the fact that normal trainers after the Elite Four use level 70 Pokemon makes it really tough to advance with level 55 Pokemon. Great game anyway
It's to make sure the difficulty level is always increasing...

As for stones, the Moon Stone is somewhere in Meteor Falls, the Water Stone is unavailable as yet and the Leaf Stone is where it's always been.

Wait. You beat the E4 with Level 55s? Wow. I had to grind up to Level 65 with my team, which makes normal Trainers after the League somewhat easier. Admittedly, I picked my Pokémon for their looks rather than their strength, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
Nice hack. The edginess and dark themes really make it unique, but I feel that the disembodied heads were pushing it a bit, and bordering on plain silly.
Eh? You haven't noticed that Snakewood is ridiculously silly yet? This isn't meant to be taken as 'edgy' or 'dark'; it's a crazy romp through the Hoenn region as seen through the eyes of someone with a propensity for making jokes and stupid references to anything and everything under the sun.

If this hasn't become obvious to you yet, play on a little more. Like From Dusk Til Dawn, there'll come a point where the seriousness gives up and commits suicide, and suddenly a thousand stupid things start to happen at once and turn your brain to mulch. Once that's happened, you're past the turning point, and things will degenerate from there. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDKIPS4LIFE View Post
My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the pokemon in the game. what's with the Gurren Lagann reference. I found a Kamina and checked it's sprite. XD

note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a pokemon evolves, or how it evolves.

also what do the broken hearts do?

I also found the 3 starters.
Congratulations on the starters. Munchlax isn't available in-game yet - so I'm not going to reveal anything about his evolutionary line until he is.

Now, 'what's with the Gurren Lagann reference'. Well, the thing is, it's just one of many, many, many references concealed (or baldly stated) within my hack. If you check the list of achievements, you'll see there's one about beating Kamina - so expect the man himself to challenge you, without Pokémon, at some point in the future. Wah... So manly...

Broken Hearts are part of a feature that won't be implemented for a while. I kept the items themselves in there to keep people guessing, but... yeah. I'm not going to tell you. Suffice to say that Broken Hearts will be the last thing I do before I finish off the player overworlds.

Last edited by Cutlerine; January 5th, 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Missed out a word! Oh my God, the world will end if I don't fix this!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here