Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash

Advertise here
I beat the Elite Four with this team:
Hyperegg lv 43
Aerodactly lv 53
X32736 lv 55
Claydol lv 49
Zigzagoon lv 12
Breloom lv 52
And with alot of revives and full restores of course.
And I completed the beta right now, I'm at Sootopolis' PokeCenter, can't wait to see what comes next.

And I found a glitch, or that's what I think: after I captured Shiny Aerodactly, the next wild Pokémon I encountered was a shiny Sandshrew. I don't know it's a glitch, I could just be extremely lucky aswell. And now that I finished the abandoned mines, I realize the Deadly Seven weren't even that hard.

By the way, the starters aren't useless at all: I defeated the Deadly Seven guy with 4 Ampharoses lv 71 with my Claydol lv 49 and it even didn't faint

Edit: Discovered another glitch: You can't fly to Sootopolis, Mauville and Fort Draco, even if these towns/cities have a Pokemon Center and/or are secured, but you can fly to Littleroot where there's nothing to do anyway. If you fly away from Sootopolis, you'll end up getting stuck as you can't get back to Sootopolis.

VDex:
White:

Last edited by Hi-Techneon; January 5th, 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added another glitch
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Techneon View Post
I beat the Elite Four with this team:
Hyperegg lv 43
Aerodactyl lv 53
X32736 lv 55
Claydol lv 49
Zigzagoon lv 12
Breloom lv 52
And with alot of revives and full restores of course.
And I completed the beta right now, I'm at Sootopolis' PokeCenter, can't wait to see what comes next.

And I found a glitch, or that's what I think: after I captured Shiny Aerodactly, the next wild Pokémon I encountered was a shiny Sandshrew. I don't know it's a glitch, I could just be extremely lucky aswell. And now that I finished the abandoned mines, I realize the Deadly Seven weren't even that hard.

By the way, the starters aren't useless at all: I defeated the Deadly Seven guy with 4 Ampharoses lv 71 with my Claydol lv 49 and it even didn't faint

Edit: Discovered another glitch: You can't fly to Sootopolis, Mauville and Fort Draco, even if these towns/cities have a Pokemon Center and/or are secured, but you can fly to Littleroot where there's nothing to do anyway. If you fly away from Sootopolis, you'll end up getting stuck as you can't get back to Sootopolis.
I think you might just have been lucky with the Sandshrew; I don't know. And your team is obviously stronger than mine, which was Buffalon, Radiorange, Zeburaika, Emonga, Golem and Metagross (as seen in one screenshot in the first post).

I know about the flying thing. It's annoying, isn't it; I need to put in a way back to Sootopolis.

Oh, and there is stuff to do in Littleroot; it just doesn't exist yet.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I think you might just have been lucky with the Sandshrew; I don't know. And your team is obviously stronger than mine, which was Buffalon, Radiorange, Zeburaika, Emonga, Golem and Metagross (as seen in one screenshot in the first post).

I know about the flying thing. It's annoying, isn't it; I need to put in a way back to Sootopolis.

Oh, and there is stuff to do in Littleroot; it just doesn't exist yet.
If I'm right, then there was some kind of variable that is set... It is set when talked to nurse Joy, in the Wally script in Victory Road, and the script blocks at the top of the waterfall at Evergrande. You could try that and maybe it'll work

And what is going to happen at the Sootopolis Resistance? And you could maybe decrease the difficulty of the fight against Alicia at Meteor Falls a bit. I lost about 10 times before I finally could win, and since there's no PokeMart at Fallarbor and you don't have fly, it takes a while to get to a PokeMart and then get back to Fallarbor.

VDex:
White:
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
If I'm right, then there was some kind of variable that is set... It is set when talked to nurse Joy, in the Wally script in Victory Road, and the script blocks at the top of the waterfall at Evergrande. You could try that and maybe it'll work

And what is going to happen at the Sootopolis Resistance? And you could maybe decrease the difficulty of the fight against Alicia at Meteor Falls a bit. I lost about 10 times before I finally could win, and since there's no PokeMart at Fallarbor and you don't have fly, it takes a while to get to a PokeMart and then get back to Fallarbor.
I've tried the variables already, but those maps remain resolutely un-Fly-able. I'll give it another go some time.
And I'm not going to decrease the difficulty of War. There is a Pokémon Mart in Fallarbor - it's full of Inquisition Footmen - and she's meant to be stupidly difficult anyway. I am remorseless when it comes to bosses.

At the Resistance Headquarters, there's a large meeting that culminates in the final assault on the Necropolis by the four strongest warriors in Hoenn.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I've tried the variables already, but those maps remain resolutely un-Fly-able. I'll give it another go some time.
And I'm not going to decrease the difficulty of War. There is a Pokémon Mart in Fallarbor - it's full of Inquisition Footmen - and she's meant to be stupidly difficult anyway. I am remorseless when it comes to bosses.

At the Resistance Headquarters, there's a large meeting that culminates in the final assault on the Necropolis by the four strongest warriors in Hoenn.
Can't wait 'till the next beta
And is there really a PokeMart? I never noticed it. If I knew there was one winning would be alot easier.
And I already found the renamed Master Ball
And the drinking contests, I found the first harder than the second. I won the second one at my third try
And if remember correctly, the amount of money you receive from the champion upon winning glitches up and starts with a ? If I'm right.
And there's another glitch at Esau's gym, you can walk in the lower black area as there's probably a movement permission error there.

VDex:
White:
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Nature: Impish
Great game, I've caught one fakemon so far and he's pretty cool. However I am stuck in the ship and can't find "the warp"
I'm just here to play some Pokemon...

Old January 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
Great game, I've caught one fakemon so far and he's pretty cool. However I am stuck in the ship and can't find "the warp"
If you're looking for the warp after fixing the elevator, then

Spoiler:
it is up the elevator and through a little cluster of sciencey-type rooms. What's the word for them... Laboratories, that's it.

May I be so bold as to ask what Fakemon you caught? I'm just curious.

Old January 6th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
I have to agree, War is stupid hard. I can only beat her by cheating with the Chaos of Oden.

By the way, I found out something that I found rather amusing. In the sub, when you have to catch a Magnemite to fix the elevator, I went to it without one just 'cause I wanted to remember what it had said if you don't have a pokemon with Thundershock, and it was like "Pikachu used Thundershock!" And I was like "HELL YEAH you useless yellow *****."

There was another glitch that I'd seen but I can't remember what it was now... D: Oh well.

By the way, me and Cheatfreak found out how to get Radiorange. Nice work. Very, uh... What's the word? 'Creative' would be a good one.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Quote:
Can't wait 'till the next beta
And is there really a PokeMart? I never noticed it. If I knew there was one winning would be alot easier.
And I already found the renamed Master Ball
And the drinking contests, I found the first harder than the second. I won the second one at my third try
And if remember correctly, the amount of money you receive from the champion upon winning glitches up and starts with a ? If I'm right.
And there's another glitch at Esau's gym, you can walk in the lower black area as there's probably a movement permission error there.
Here's the aforementioned glitch in Esau's gym:

You can walk there without cheats.
I'll provide a screenshot with the Champion's glitched up money reward asap.

VDex:
White:
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Here's the aforementioned glitch in Esau's gym:

You can walk there without cheats.
I'll provide a screenshot with the Champion's glitched up money reward asap.
Fixed for the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
I have to agree, War is stupid hard. I can only beat her by cheating with the Chaos of Oden.

By the way, I found out something that I found rather amusing. In the sub, when you have to catch a Magnemite to fix the elevator, I went to it without one just 'cause I wanted to remember what it had said if you don't have a pokemon with Thundershock, and it was like "Pikachu used Thundershock!" And I was like "HELL YEAH you useless yellow *****."

There was another glitch that I'd seen but I can't remember what it was now... D: Oh well.

By the way, me and Cheatfreak found out how to get Radiorange. Nice work. Very, uh... What's the word? 'Creative' would be a good one.
Fun Fact: Radiorange is one of only three (I think) Fakemon in Snakewood to have a shiny sprite that's different to its normal sprite.

Actually, Radiorange is fairly useless, I've found. Despite its ability to kill any Pokémon at all in a single hit with Overheat due to its Kyogre-level Special Attack, it has abominable speed and defences, meaning it's almost 1HKO'ed by Ice Beam despite being half Fire.

I beat War using the Metang from the Island of Calm to Psychic her Gengar, using Buffalon's Revenge to take down her Gigawolf, and hitting the rest very hard with Zangol and Golem. It's meant to be crazy hard.

And yes, any Pokémon with ThunderShock will repair the elevator. At the time, Magnemite was the only Pokémon with ThunderShock available before that point - and the whole reason it's in the sub was to provide electricity to fix the elevator with.

Old January 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Quote:
May I be so bold as to ask what Fakemon you caught? I'm just curious.
I caught the Hombone in the cave, I haven't seen a chance to catch any others yet. Any hints for where some others are?

Old January 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
I caught the Hombone in the cave, I haven't seen a chance to catch any others yet. Any hints for where some others are?
Sewers have pokemon that are related to sewers like magnimite and a few others and look for a zombiemon where maril usually are. Also, many pokemon have hidden evos, even the unexpected ones.

Poketch

Old January 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM
jezisback
Beginning Trainer

i love this hack it's amazing but am i the olny one who can't find cut i've been running around for ages looking for it and can't
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezisback View Post
i love this hack it's amazing but am i the olny one who can't find cut i've been running around for ages looking for it and can't
Hahahaha good times trying to find cut XD...anyway go to the town where you fight pestilence and go to the cave there and grab the pokeball.

Poketch

Old January 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezisback View Post
If you can't find cut you'll never find surf XD

Old January 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Im probably gonna start Snakewood over and after catching a new Pokemon, Im gonna release the starter.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
Im probably gonna start Snakewood over and after catching a new Pokemon, Im gonna release the starter.
That's more or less what I did.

My team is (at the moment) Hyperegg (need Waterstone, where is one?), Peliper (for both surf and fly), Raichu, Ninetales, Vigourlan and Breloom.

Also, while I like having a fire type on my team, I only just realised how crap it is on Ruby.
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

The glitch about the glitched up money reward from the champion; I spoilered the screenshot as it contains an event Pokemon available at the end of the demo and I don't want to spoil it
Spoiler:

VDex:
White:
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:00 AM
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Cutlerine, some help with teh Pacifidlog Gym p|0x? I don't get your spoiler at all ._.
*is not Christian* D:
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NainilJShah View Post
Cutlerine, some help with teh Pacifidlog Gym p|0x? I don't get your spoiler at all ._.
*is not Christian* D:
It isn't that hard, if you just try and have a hint, you can complete it very easily.

VDex:
White:
Old January 7th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
*is not Christian* D:
Neither am I, but you can still read the Bible. The Old Testament and Revelations are a blast; plenty of intriguing and rather oddly-worded stuff there that makes me smile.

Spoiler:
Look for something that could tempt Esau out of his mirror.

I'll leave the choice of words you say to the mirror up to you.

Last edited by Cutlerine; January 7th, 2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
*is not Christian* D:
I remember begging cutlerine for that answer, anyway go talk to a little girl in pacifilog then I recommend going to heal up your pokemon at the lilycove center

Poketch

Old January 7th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Rayce
Nooo0000OOB

Well I said I caught hombone earlier but now I've evolved it into hombeast and caught calfby. I caught emonga too if you count that as a fakemon since it's from black and white

Old January 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
invix345
Beginning Trainer

when i go and play it a white screen come up on my VisualBoyAdvanceg and nothing would load
Old January 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
XDragonRiderX
My oh my, how time has passed.

Nature: Serious
Can someone help me? How do I get past the invisible object?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here