Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby Pokémon Snakewood Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old April 17th, 2011 (06:11 PM).

YES! I got it to work (tried a few more other roms)

Thanks for the reply!
Old April 18th, 2011 (01:35 PM).
The Absol Master

I know this may sound n00bish but where is rock smash?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 19th, 2011 (02:20 AM).
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by Nintendoshs:
I know this may sound n00bish but where is rock smash?
It's given to you as a reward after you rescue Gleis from the Island of Calm's dungeons.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old April 19th, 2011 (04:37 AM).
Elite Trainer

Another glitch that I am not sure has been reported before.

Spoiler:

This guy here gets stuck against a rock and as you can see when you talk to him you get an event from near the start of the game. If you talk to him before he gets to the rock he just blacks the screen out with the trainer music going. Funny tho.

Anyway, on another note since I just beat the main storyline there was a few opinions I had.

I was disappointed by how the Four Horsemen just sort of disappear mid-way through the story and are never talked about again save for once or twice.

Difficulty seemed a little erratic at times going from easy to hard. Mostly because of so many heal points throughout the game. I wouldn't have minded a few spots in the game that acted like gauntlets besides the Elite 4.

I disliked the player character's dialogue at times. But that is a purely personal opinion. I am sure everyone has different opinions about the player character's dialogue.

Besides that I had quite a bit of fun solving your puzzles and getting your references. Though I mostly lucked out on your mazes and puzzles. Took a good 30 minutes or so to beat the boardroom, had a chikuwa from that thing near the monks and bought everything the chef had just in case I needed any of them down the road, knew I needed a Magnemite for the elevator, but happened to catch a Ditto before getting to the warp pad, got lucky in the madio cave, and got even luckier in the super trick room, but all in all had fun with them. You did trick me once though, when I returned to the Island of Calm to get Chikorita and remembered seeing a Phanpy on one of the spawn tiles which I didn't catch at the time, and then I remembered Shadowu (spelling that wrong I know) and thought I would catch him only to find he didn't spawn anymore. Got a "Aw, darn it." outta me when it happened.

Speaking of which, besides Phanpy do any other hidden Pokemon spawn on those tiles? A simple yes or no will work since I would rather search all the tiles knowing I am going to find something instead of searching all of them and not finding something.
Old April 19th, 2011 (06:45 AM).

Quote originally posted by PirateJackie:
Speaking of which, besides Phanpy do any other hidden Pokemon spawn on those tiles? A simple yes or no will work since I would rather search all the tiles knowing I am going to find something instead of searching all of them and not finding something.

Phanpy's not hidden. They're just uncommon. There are some hidden things though - but be warned, because they only spawn once, and it's the only chance you get to catch them.

And thanks for all your feedback. Snakewood's story is supposed to be riddled with inconsistency and nonsensicality - the plot stands up to no serious analysis at all -and I would advise you not to think about it too deeply, especially about the way it changes abruptly after the Four Horsemen disappear in Meteor Falls.

As for the rest, I accept all your criticisms, and appreciate that the game is riddled with errors, bugs, weird difficulty mixes and other strange stuff that doesn't really fit. This is because making Snakewood has been a way to teach myself how to do all of this stuff; for the same reason, it's unlikely to undergo any major changes.

My planned - and vaguely started - next hack will be much better with regards to all that stuff. It will also not include any player dialogue, so as to reap the rich rewards of all that 'silent protagonist' stuff and avoid alienating segments of the audience; however, it will - and does; I shouldn't be using the future tense when it's a production in progress - still include the puzzles, tricks, traps and weird insanity of Snakewood.

Wow. That post was longer than I intended, and also much more of an advertisement. Eh, it'll do. *submits reply*

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old April 19th, 2011 (07:07 AM).
Elite Trainer

Ah, really? For me Phanpy only spawned on one certain tile and would always spawn on that tile. And by one time do you mean like Shadowballthingy (The first visit)? Or just when you first see them?

I found the story to make quite a bit of sense actually (Maybe I've tapped into the Snakewood force or something.) and didn't really find anything to be inconsistency, nonsensicality or not fitting (Besides glitches like the rockman I posted) it blended all together pretty well I believe. But of course that could be because I went into the game not expecting a Pokemon game, and I've played/read far too many mega hyper ultra crossover thingys and just complete nonsense off-the-wall stuff in general.

I was just disappointed by the lack of the Four Horsemen, I was hoping/half-expecting for some battle royale with them and the player character being hailed ruler of everything afterwards or something like that.

On a different subject. How do you know you've visited every secret place in the Madio caves?
Old April 19th, 2011 (08:49 AM).

Ah, really? For me Phanpy only spawned on one certain tile and would always spawn on that tile. And by one time do you mean like Shadowballthingy (The first visit)? Or just when you first see them?

I found the story to make quite a bit of sense actually (Maybe I've tapped into the Snakewood force or something.) and didn't really find anything to be inconsistency, nonsensicality or not fitting (Besides glitches like the rockman I posted) it blended all together pretty well I believe. But of course that could be because I went into the game not expecting a Pokemon game, and I've played/read far too many mega hyper ultra crossover thingys and just complete nonsense off-the-wall stuff in general.

I was just disappointed by the lack of the Four Horsemen, I was hoping/half-expecting for some battle royale with them and the player character being hailed ruler of everything afterwards or something like that.

On a different subject. How do you know you've visited every secret place in the Madio caves?
The tiles don't randomly choose a Pokémon to battle. Each tile can give only one specific battle with one specific species. The most common types of tile start battles with level 4 or 5 Hombone and Geodude. The second most common tiles start battles with Phanpy. Then there are rare tiles, one-of-a-kind, that start battles with certain other Pokémon that can't be obtained in any other way. Unlike the other tiles, which can be used over and over again, these tiles break after you've stepped on them - so if you want the Pokémon they give, then you need to catch them first time around.

The Madio Caves... eh, I don't know how you know. I think if you've been to Haruko's Gym, the secret jungle area, the caves in which you fight the Film Student and the Young Couple, and the area in different-coloured stone where someone using my name turns you back, then you've been everywhere.

Though I can't help but feel I'm forgetting something.

Old April 19th, 2011 (12:41 PM).

How can you use the Miner doll & TM? I'm clueless about them...
Old April 19th, 2011 (04:13 PM).
The Absol Master

The deadly "seven" are hillarious. I like the one who thinks he's a commander and the one who made a bubblegum and arsenic cake, and the one who narrates everything.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 20th, 2011 (02:34 AM).
Alias RayFlame

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to HackHackHack
Quote originally posted by Cutlerine:
The tiles don't randomly choose a Pokémon to battle. Each tile can give only one specific battle with one specific species. The most common types of tile start battles with level 4 or 5 Hombone and Geodude. The second most common tiles start battles with Phanpy. Then there are rare tiles, one-of-a-kind, that start battles with certain other Pokémon that can't be obtained in any other way. Unlike the other tiles, which can be used over and over again, these tiles break after you've stepped on them - so if you want the Pokémon they give, then you need to catch them first time around.

The Madio Caves... eh, I don't know how you know. I think if you've been to Haruko's Gym, the secret jungle area, the caves in which you fight the Film Student and the Young Couple, and the area in different-coloured stone where someone using my name turns you back, then you've been everywhere.

Uh.....the next update in the tunnel-there was a sprite saying that the Madio Caves were not complete and why are the Madio Caves wall made out of compressed jelly?
Old April 20th, 2011 (03:05 PM).

Was the egg supposed to hatch into a Mysteryegg???

Old April 21st, 2011 (03:13 PM).

Quote originally posted by nuggetsman28:
Was the egg supposed to hatch into a Mysteryegg???
From what i remember

Spoiler:
Egg > Mystery Egg > Hyper Egg > Suicune Raikou Or Entei with the Correct Stone.

Also There maybe another evolution inbetween Mystery Egg And Hyper Egg.

Also there maybe more evolutions than just the 3 dogs.
Old April 22nd, 2011 (01:27 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2011 by nerevarine.

Quote originally posted by Xz LegaCy zX:
Spoiler:
Also there maybe more evolutions than just the 3 dogs.
Spoiler:
You can also ewolve it into Celebi or an Unown (note this one has much, much higher stats than the original )

So, any tips on how to start mining?
Old April 22nd, 2011 (10:45 AM).
Fanfiction Writer

Nature: Calm
Been playing Snakewood, and I must say, brilliant combination. Pokemon and Zombies? Two of my favorite things! I can't wait till everything is finished. :D

On a different note; progression through the game - is there an easier way to beat the innumerable dark-types I seem to be encountering? I usually just level up till I'm fi
ve to ten higher then my enemy, but with all the type disadvantages I'm running into, I'm getting a little upset. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the game.
Old April 22nd, 2011 (11:24 AM).
Elite Trainer

the Film Student

The Film Student, was he the one in the part that came out on Victory Road? I for the life of me can't remember what kind of trainer I fought there.
Old April 22nd, 2011 (02:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by nerevarine:
Spoiler:
You can also ewolve it into Celebi or an Unown (note this one has much, much higher stats than the original )

So, any tips on how to start mining?
Take your Miner Doll to the Abandoned Mines and set it going on a blue rock.

Quote originally posted by Ettadara:
Been playing Snakewood, and I must say, brilliant combination. Pokemon and Zombies? Two of my favorite things! I can't wait till everything is finished. :D

On a different note; progression through the game - is there an easier way to beat the innumerable dark-types I seem to be encountering? I usually just level up till I'm fi
ve to ten higher then my enemy, but with all the type disadvantages I'm running into, I'm getting a little upset. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the game.
Dark-types are used by Film Students, Demon Corpses, Pirates and the Gym Leader Haruko Haruhara. They're pretty easy to take down with a Fighting-type - there ought to be one in Solar Caverns - but before then, Taillow does the trick quite well, since his good Attack punches through their weak defences.

The Film Student, was he the one in the part that came out on Victory Road? I for the life of me can't remember what kind of trainer I fought there.
No. That was a Lost Soul.

Old April 23rd, 2011 (04:37 AM).

Take your Miner Doll to the Abandoned Mines and set it going on a blue rock.
That's the problem - I can't. I bought the doll & TM, but when I go to the mines, upon activating the rocks I get a message that it looks like blue candy. And when I try to use the doll from my backpack, I get the message about Birch's voice. Am I missing something?

Quote:
They're pretty easy to take down with a Fighting-type - there ought to be one in Solar Caverns - but before then, Taillow does the trick quite well, since his good Attack punches through their weak defences.
I'll add that catching a Shroomish and evolving it into Breloom is also a good option - and Leech Seed works as a Wonder Guard killer
Old April 24th, 2011 (03:22 PM).

I just started playing this hack. I'm loving it (:

I found a shiny sandshrew in the desert~ my first random encounter shiny

I was wondering, I want a lanturn and giraferig on my team, are those pokemon found later in the game like they are in the normal ruby or should I start considering different memebers?
Old April 24th, 2011 (05:54 PM).
Traveling Athlete

Nature: Hardy
About the drinking games:
I won the first one, and i got pretty close to beating the 2nd. Is there some button pattern I need to input or is it just random luck? I keep trying and I usually lose after the first try. What do I do? Just keep trying or am I doing something wrong?
Old April 24th, 2011 (11:42 PM).

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Lyla:
I just started playing this hack. I'm loving it (:

I found a shiny sandshrew in the desert~ my first random encounter shiny

I was wondering, I want a lanturn and giraferig on my team, are those pokemon found later in the game like they are in the normal ruby or should I start considering different memebers?
When did you find that Shiny Sandshrew? If you found it right after battling the pink Aerodactyl, I was right that both my shiny Sandshrew and your shiny Sandshrew were shiny because of a glitch.

Most of them come later, so you should use replacements until you can catch those.

VDex:
White:
Old April 24th, 2011 (11:47 PM).

Quote originally posted by StevinSisairno:
About the drinking games:
I won the first one, and i got pretty close to beating the 2nd. Is there some button pattern I need to input or is it just random luck? I keep trying and I usually lose after the first try. What do I do? Just keep trying or am I doing something wrong?
It's just luck, I'm afraid; just put it on super-speed and keep pressing 'A'.

Old April 25th, 2011 (12:01 AM).

havent posted here in a while (i don't think that i have ever posted in this thread!) anyways, i always check up on this hack to see if any new updates have been posted, im really looking forward to the sidequests and stuff, and btw, shouldn't this be in hacks showcase? it was long overdue that this hack should be there.
Old April 25th, 2011 (12:09 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Hi-Techneon:
When did you find that Shiny Sandshrew? If you found it right after battling the pink Aerodactyl, I was right that both my shiny Sandshrew and your shiny Sandshrew were shiny because of a glitch.
From mypoint of view, as a hacker, it is not a glitch in terms of "glitch" :D
I suppose that Aerodactyl was meant to be shiny and if you are saying that you met shiny Sandshrew right after shiny Aerodactyl then it's not glitch it's just after effect of wrong use of Shinyzer =)
I can guess that Aerodactyl's script has line in which it tells ROM to make it shiny, but also to make another pokemon player encounters shiny.
So it's just small scripting error =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 25th, 2011 (09:49 AM). Edited April 25th, 2011 by Lyla.

Quote originally posted by Hi-Techneon:

Most of them come later, so you should use replacements until you can catch those.
Nah I found my sandshrew before I found the areodactyl.

--

Also, I'm still curious about the lanturn and giraferig thing.
Alsoalso; any one know what you do after return to lilycove after beating the dragon gym?
Old April 25th, 2011 (04:06 PM).
Traveling Athlete

Nature: Hardy
Cutlerine:
thanks for answering my message. And I don't know if this has been brought up or not, But after beating the pokemon league and flying back to Lilycove, The Deadly Seven are back inside the Department Store. But other than that, I'm having an enjoyable time with this hack, keep up the good work.

P.S. The shiny pokemon you get in the desert may or may not be a glitch, but not many people are getting it and I have a shiny Flygon, so I'm not complaining.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)