Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old May 6th, 2011 (11:24 PM).
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by DonMoosavi:
To quote The Usual Suspects: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist"

"And like that, poof...he's gone"

And don't worry, I'm carrying a pretty heavy duty umbrella. Also, just curious, and right out of left field, but will Keratin have Ruby or Fire Red ROM base?
Thanks for that.

Oh, and Keratin will have a Leaf Green ROM base. It would Fire Red, but I screwed up a Fire Red ROM badly and now A-Text doesn't like it. I know why, but I'm too lazy to fix it.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old May 7th, 2011 (02:58 AM).

Nature: Rash
Could someone make a complete guide on the item chain where to get something and where to exchange it? I'm stuck for a loong time already...

And, why don't you just download a new FireRed ROM then?

VDex:
White:
Old May 7th, 2011 (06:35 AM).

Quote originally posted by Hi-Techneon:
Could someone make a complete guide on the item chain where to get something and where to exchange it? I'm stuck for a loong time already...
Which item do you have ATM? (I'm not sure if I remember all the items, so no guide from me...)
Old May 7th, 2011 (08:03 PM).

Quote originally posted by nerevarine:
Which item do you have ATM? (I'm not sure if I remember all the items, so no guide from me...)
I could help with the first few items, but I'm stuck as well.
Old May 8th, 2011 (03:11 AM).
Elite Trainer

Two things I've been meaning to ask.

How many broken hearts are there? I only ended up finding 8.

And.

How many full restores do you have the higher level trainers set to use?
Old May 8th, 2011 (10:38 AM).

Nature: Rash
There are 50 broken hearts if I'm right.

And; I think I've got none of them.

VDex:
White:
Old May 8th, 2011 (11:05 AM).

Have we figured out what those broken hearts do yet?
Old May 8th, 2011 (12:27 PM).

Quote originally posted by Hi-Techneon:

And, why don't you just download a new FireRed ROM then?
Because I've messed it up for all FR ROMs.

The item chain:

Spoiler:
Mush Mask in Rustboro
Mushroom Scientist on Route 118
Thirsty Man in Dewford
Count D in Fortree
(raise the Thunder Cub as a pet in Fort Draco, take the Cat's Eye it's holding)
Shinx Girl in Lilycove Sewers
Don Pachi on Mount Chimney
Hajikelist on Route 134
Don Carne in the Meathouse

Quote originally posted by PirateJackie:
Two things I've been meaning to ask.

How many broken hearts are there? I only ended up finding 8.

And.

How many full restores do you have the higher level trainers set to use?
High-level Trainers are set to hold one Full Restore, which seems to make them use more than one. Some of them have two, which seems to make them use a lot.

There will be 50 Broken Hearts, but as of now there are only about 8. I keep forgetting to put in more. One day, I'll finish them, and unlock their use for you all.

Sorry there was no update today. I had technical difficulties yesterday, and so wasn't able to post a bug fix as promised. Next weekend, I promise. (Because my promises are just so good, and I haven't ever broken them. Ever.)

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old May 8th, 2011 (05:53 PM).

Whoo. Anyway, Cutlerine, I just want to ask this. I caught THAT POKEMON from S.S. Cangrejo, THAT POKEMON from Meteor Falls, where's the third THAT POKEMON?
Old May 8th, 2011 (11:01 PM).

Quote originally posted by NainilJShah:
Whoo. Anyway, Cutlerine, I just want to ask this. I caught THAT POKEMON from S.S. Cangrejo, THAT POKEMON from Meteor Falls, where's the third THAT POKEMON?
That, dear NainilJShah, would be telling. It's not that well-hidden; I added it into an inaccessible area in a place that's been in-game for a long time, then I made the inaccessible area accessible.

Old May 9th, 2011 (04:30 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Stuck like hell on the boardroom maze, and the map in the OP is gone, I've gotten to the far side of the table, but can't find any way further forward.
Old May 9th, 2011 (08:06 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Cheers for that! I thought I was loosing my marbles...
Old May 9th, 2011 (12:57 PM).
I use too many smileys.... :P

Nature: Calm
Hi, just posting to say how much I have enjoyed this hack so far (should have a HAck of the month/year award for me). I have just got my 4th badge and I really like how the trainer talks to the people (7 institute people) and how some Fakemon really can throw you off guard (kingmadio). It seems this hack has so much depth and extras.

However my slight issues:
Too many Rock and Dark trainers so far, my Breloom is so overlevelled and Baltoy sucks
Checklist for added extras (if noone has found them they could be said as *secret*
Glitch coming out of the abandoned ship where i could not move
More water pokemon obtainable near start (not just Wingull/Qwilfish)
The egg Pokemon that shall not be named should either be stronger to begin with or have an earlier evolution.
Shouldn't this be in the Hacks Showcase by now??

Thank you for the hack

In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon of any type and if it faints you can never use that type or Pokemon again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely and have fun!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248129
Old May 9th, 2011 (09:30 PM). Edited May 9th, 2011 by NainilJShah.

Quote originally posted by Cutlerine:
That, dear NainilJShah, would be telling. It's not that well-hidden; I added it into an inaccessible area in a place that's been in-game for a long time, then I made the inaccessible area accessible.
DDDD:
*Searches*

Anyway, Cutlerine, after you trade in the Hajike Bird and fly to Lilycove, when you try to exit the city towards the Madio Caves, The Deadly Seven start talking and will battle you later, but you can't see them at all.

How do you get Diamondix, Galactimon, Ramshaker, or any of the Denjuu Pokemon?

EDIT: Also. How do you mine? I have the Miner Doll and TM, but I don't know what to do.
A hint on Faceleech plzplzplz D:
And how do you get Waterfall in the game? :/ *Has been trying to complete achievements*
Old May 9th, 2011 (10:56 PM).

Quote originally posted by Hacki101:
Hi, just posting to say how much I have enjoyed this hack so far (should have a HAck of the month/year award for me). I have just got my 4th badge and I really like how the trainer talks to the people (7 institute people) and how some Fakemon really can throw you off guard (kingmadio). It seems this hack has so much depth and extras.

However my slight issues:
Too many Rock and Dark trainers so far, my Breloom is so overlevelled and Baltoy sucks
Checklist for added extras (if noone has found them they could be said as *secret*
Glitch coming out of the abandoned ship where i could not move
More water pokemon obtainable near start (not just Wingull/Qwilfish)
The egg Pokemon that shall not be named should either be stronger to begin with or have an earlier evolution.
Shouldn't this be in the Hacks Showcase by now??

Thank you for the hack
It should be in the Showcase, and will be as soon as I can be bothered to have it moved.

The 'egg Pokémon that shall not be named' is deliberately weak. It's the same principle as a Beldum - you get something awful to start with, it evolves late and becomes really strong.

The rest of the stuff I'll look into. Thanks for your feedback.

DDDD:
*Searches*

Anyway, Cutlerine, after you trade in the Hajike Bird and fly to Lilycove, when you try to exit the city towards the Madio Caves, The Deadly Seven start talking and will battle you later, but you can't see them at all.

How do you get Diamondix, Galactimon, Ramshaker, or any of the Denjuu Pokemon?

EDIT: Also. How do you mine? I have the Miner Doll and TM, but I don't know what to do.
A hint on Faceleech plzplzplz D:
And how do you get Waterfall in the game? :/ *Has been trying to complete achievements*
The Denjuu are not Pokémon. Look it up. They're unobtainable.

Diamandix is unavailable as yet; I don't think I've created a way for you to evolve Steelix yet. Galactimon is made by balancing out a Lunatone or a Solrock. Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank...

Faceleech is connected to a certain legendary Pokémon.

Waterfall... I don't think it exists as a HM; if I'm wrong, someone please tell me. But there are still ways to use it. Hehehehe...

Old May 10th, 2011 (03:42 AM). Edited May 10th, 2011 by NainilJShah.

Using my logic:

Since the Groudon replacement is Emolga, the Kyogre replacement is Turmur, Jirachi replacement is Shanderu (I remember it from before :3) and the Regis replacements are the three Hoenn starters, I can only assume that Faceleech has to be connected to either Lati@s, Deoxys or Rayquaza. Lati@s are out as you said you hated them, Rayquaza says no, and Faceleech looks like Deoxys.
Now, Deoxys. Mossdeep Space Center in the real Pokemon game. *runs to search*

How the hell do you mine? D:
And what do you mean by balancing out a Solrock or Lunatone?
I didn't get what you meant there, or in the "Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank..." section.

Edit: Mehhh...I've given up trying to find Faceleech...
Old May 10th, 2011 (04:59 AM). Edited May 11th, 2011 by Cutlerine.

Using my logic:

Since the Groudon replacement is Emolga, the Kyogre replacement is Turmur, Jirachi replacement is Shanderu (I remember it from before :3) and the Regis replacements are the three Hoenn starters, I can only assume that Faceleech has to be connected to either Lati@s, Deoxys or Rayquaza. Lati@s are out as you said you hated them, Rayquaza says no, and Faceleech looks like Deoxys.
Now, Deoxys. Mossdeep Space Center in the real Pokemon game. *runs to search*

How the hell do you mine? D:
And what do you mean by balancing out a Solrock or Lunatone?
I didn't get what you meant there, or in the "Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank..." section.

Edit: Mehhh...I've given up trying to find Faceleech...
Actually, the Regis are replaced with the Furis. You know, THOSE POKéMON.

Galactimon:
Spoiler:
Moon Stone for a Solrock or a Sun Stone for a Lunatone.

Ramshaker:
Spoiler:
Calfby evolves to Tauros if Atk>Def, into Miltank if Atk<Def, and into Ramshaker if Atk=Def.

Faceleech is not related to Deoxys. It is related to...

Spoiler:
Turmur.

Old May 10th, 2011 (09:05 AM).

I've managed to get to the part where i need to follow Alicia into meteor falls and when i get to her it just plays the script from the Vendanturf tunnel. I'm really CANNOT figure out what to do now. any suggestions?

Really good hack so far though, loving the story line and great use of the original tiles
Old May 11th, 2011 (01:27 AM). Edited May 11th, 2011 by NainilJShah.

Quote originally posted by Cutlerine:
Actually, the Regis are replaced with the Furis. You know, THOSE POKéMON.

Galactimon:
[SPOILER]Moon Stone for a Solrock or a Sun Stone for a Lunatone.[SPOILER]

Ramshaker:
Spoiler:
Calfby evolves to Tauros if Atk>Def, into Miltank if Atk<Def, and into Ramshaker if Atk=Def.

Faceleech is not related to Deoxys. It is related to...

Spoiler:
Turmur.
You forgot the / at the end of spoiler there.
Plus, Cutlerine, I think I found a bug. The THAT POKEMON in the very cold place in northwest Hoenn doesn't appear for me. I know it's there but I can't see it or encounter it. When I go up the ladder it reaches a dead end.
Here's a screenshot of what I mean...any ideas? :/

Anyway, that's a big help, having to know that Turmur's involved. Can you give us a hint on what we have to do in what quarter of Hoenn at least?
>Also, my initial question isn't answered. How do you mine?! D:
Old May 11th, 2011 (02:35 AM).

Where am I to get the Strength HM? I went to Gym Island, but I don't have it (nor can I see a way to get it)
Old May 11th, 2011 (04:34 AM).

*smashes head repeatedly against table*

Quote originally posted by brooksy:
I've managed to get to the part where i need to follow Alicia into meteor falls and when i get to her it just plays the script from the Vendanturf tunnel. I'm really CANNOT figure out what to do now. any suggestions?

Really good hack so far though, loving the story line and great use of the original tiles
That's just broken. I have no idea why it's doing that; it works fine for me and for everyone else (presumably). ARGH, I hate bugs like that. I'm so avoiding them in my next hack.

You forgot the / at the end of spoiler there.
Plus, Cutlerine, I think I found a bug. The THAT POKEMON in the very cold place in northwest Hoenn doesn't appear for me. I know it's there but I can't see it or encounter it. When I go up the ladder it reaches a dead end.
Here's a screenshot of what I mean...any ideas? :/

Anyway, that's a big help, having to know that Turmur's involved. Can you give us a hint on what we have to do in what quarter of Hoenn at least?
>Also, my initial question isn't answered. How do you mine?! D:
@!%&!!!

THAT POKéMON ought to be there. It seems to have disappeared. I must fix that.

To mine, go talk to the blue rocks in the Abandoned Mines with a Miner Doll in your inventory. They're single-use, so be careful; it could get expensive.

Where am I to get the Strength HM? I went to Gym Island, but I don't have it (nor can I see a way to get it)
Once you get to Gym Island, Asimov gives you the HM Strength. If he isn't there, smack your head into the wall and try again. Repeat as necessary.

It works for me, because by the time I've done it ten times I've forgotten what just went wrong.

Old May 11th, 2011 (06:12 AM).
pikachu master

Nature: Sassy
I swear I'm about to throw my computer across the room. I've got the item to trade for the Gym Tickets, but I can't find where to take it... I've searched EVERYWHERE. Is it possible to get a hint other than the "south-western quarter?" Like what type of sprite I'm looking for or something? D:
Old May 11th, 2011 (06:32 AM).

It something looking rather plain
Spoiler:
also, the name of the thing which gave you the item to trade is a hint
Old May 11th, 2011 (07:14 AM). Edited May 13th, 2011 by pikastache.
pikachu master

Nature: Sassy
It something looking rather plain
Spoiler:
also, the name of the thing which gave you the item to trade is a hint
I'm still not getting it... But I have a feeling that once I do, I'm going to feel really stupid...

EDIT: Got it. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)