Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2011 (06:37 PM).
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by pikastache:
I'm still not getting it... But I have a feeling that once I do, I'm going to feel really stupid...
Nah, you won't feel stupid. A lot of people who DID get it had to spend most of their lives quite a few damn hours searching. I also sent you a message.
Old May 11th, 2011 (07:57 PM). Edited May 11th, 2011 by DonMoosavi.
DonMoosavi

Quote:
It should be in the Showcase, and will be as soon as I can be bothered to have it moved.
yes! I mean even from its first release it had more progress than most other hacks there! Hooray.

Also, speaking of which, will you do something similar where you release Keratin after a majority of it is finished, or will you go the traditional route in the form of early betas? I'm really looking forward to it even though we no almost nothing about it!! Hope there's not too big a gap after Snakewood!!

Last question: I didnt check this thread in December- January, and just cycling back and looking at posts I saw your Christmas Special hack! Is there any way I can get this... or do I have to wait until next year...

(Fine, I lied) In an earlier post someone asked about Denjuu... Did you actually play Telefang? It seems like such a rare and obscure game! I honestly had no clue wtf was going on during that sequence, but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious... I thought they were Digimon or something....wait...there SHOULD be a Digimon cameo! lol
Old May 11th, 2011 (11:39 PM).
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by DonMoosavi:
yes! I mean even from its first release it had more progress than most other hacks there! Hooray.

Also, speaking of which, will you do something similar where you release Keratin after a majority of it is finished, or will you go the traditional route in the form of early betas? I'm really looking forward to it even though we no almost nothing about it!! Hope there's not too big a gap after Snakewood!!

Last question: I didnt check this thread in December- January, and just cycling back and looking at posts I saw your Christmas Special hack! Is there any way I can get this... or do I have to wait until next year...

(Fine, I lied) In an earlier post someone asked about Denjuu... Did you actually play Telefang? It seems like such a rare and obscure game! I honestly had no clue wtf was going on during that sequence, but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious... I thought they were Digimon or something....wait...there SHOULD be a Digimon cameo! lol
I did actually play Telefang, in its infamous 'Pokémon Diamond' form. It was brilliant. Utterly, utterly brilliant. So overlooked, even without the Engrish in the pirate version.

Er... the mini-hack will be updated sometime in summer, and I'll repost it then. For now, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

With Keratin, I'll take a break after Snakewood, then post it in miniature, successive betas like normal people. Probably.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old May 12th, 2011 (04:07 AM). Edited May 12th, 2011 by vaibhavAtomic.
vaibhavAtomic
a legendary legend!

Nature: Gentle
im unable to download a gba file of snake wood ! can u please tell me where can i get it?
im soooooo... eager to play it...please:]
Old May 12th, 2011 (05:08 AM).
Cutlerine

Quote originally posted by vaibhavAtomic:
im unable to download a gba file of snake wood ! can u please tell me where can i get it?
im soooooo... eager to play it...please:]
You really ought to read a forum's stickies before you charge in here blindly like that. Here is the thread you should have read before you asked this question:

CLICK ME, PUNY MORTALS!

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old May 12th, 2011 (07:48 AM).
Speedx1994
Beginning Trainer

was that a orange in the hall of fame screen??
Old May 12th, 2011 (08:06 AM).
DonMoosavi

Quote:
was that a orange in the hall of fame screen??
It's quite possible. More like a Pokemon based on the shape of an orange. Play and find out.
Old May 12th, 2011 (10:21 AM).
Cutlerine

It's quite possible. More like a Pokemon based on the shape of an orange. Play and find out.
Radiorange isn't based on the shape of an orange. He is an orange. A beach-ball-sized orange that rolls into villages in the middle of the jungle, then explodes in the manner of a small atomic bomb. He makes a mushroom cloud and everything.

Which is why in Keratin, he's Nuclear-type rather than Fire-type.

Old May 12th, 2011 (01:24 PM).
Sanddreams
Beginning Trainer

I've beaten Winona & Veracity, but severe glitching is preventing me from going into the the rest of the gym to fight the other trainers. (The glitching is so bad I couldn't actually tell there were other trainers - it's just that I saw a post by you/Cutlerine telling someone else to beat the other gym trainers after beating Veracity.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem - for a bit I used the speed button a lot in the game and to beat Veracity I used save states in the middle of batle. At one point I tried and failed to use a cheat, then overwrote the cheat save with a non-cheating game.

Anyway, the look of the gym when I reenter alternates. Half the time when I go up the gym the scrolling doesn't follow my character and it goes of screen. The rest of the time it looks like this (see URL - this is my first post so I couldn't embed image)

flickr .c om/ photos/ 62793722@N04/ 5713697189/ in/ photostream

Before I left and reentered the gym, it looked like this (see link)

flickr.c om/ photos/ 62793722@N04/ 5713697189/ in/ photostream

If any knows how to fix this, can they help me please? Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2011 (03:47 PM).
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by Sanddreams:
I've beaten Winona & Veracity, but severe glitching is preventing me from going into the the rest of the gym to fight the other trainers. (The glitching is so bad I couldn't actually tell there were other trainers - it's just that I saw a post by you/Cutlerine telling someone else to beat the other gym trainers after beating Veracity.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem - for a bit I used the speed button a lot in the game and to beat Veracity I used save states in the middle of batle. At one point I tried and failed to use a cheat, then overwrote the cheat save with a non-cheating game.

Anyway, the look of the gym when I reenter alternates. Half the time when I go up the gym the scrolling doesn't follow my character and it goes of screen. The rest of the time it looks like this (see URL - this is my first post so I couldn't embed image)

flickr .c om/ photos/ 62793722@N04/ 5713697189/ in/ photostream

Before I left and reentered the gym, it looked like this (see link)

flickr.c om/ photos/ 62793722@N04/ 5713697189/ in/ photostream

If any knows how to fix this, can they help me please? Thanks.
There are no other trainers in that gym that you are supposed to fight. Go back out of the gym.
Old May 12th, 2011 (03:54 PM).
DonMoosavi

Quote:
Radiorange isn't based on the shape of an orange. He is an orange. A beach-ball-sized orange that rolls into villages in the middle of the jungle, then explodes in the manner of a small atomic bomb. He makes a mushroom cloud and everything.
Agent Orange! I GET it! That's morbidly hilarious.
Old May 12th, 2011 (07:54 PM).

What is Keratin about anyway ?
Old May 12th, 2011 (10:47 PM). Edited May 12th, 2011 by noobtrainer123.
noobtrainer123
some dude

Nature: Quiet
i have a question.where do you go after you beat the shiny aerodactyl in famine's desert ?i already talked to the monk in the monastery.he said i have to go to a mountain somewhere.but i dont really get it.

and where can i find a bike ?
Old May 12th, 2011 (10:54 PM).
Cutlerine

Quote originally posted by noobtrainer123:
i have a question.where do you go after you beat the shiny aerodactyl in famine's desert ?i already talked to the monk in the monastery.he said i have to go to a mountain somewhere.but i dont really get it.

and where can i find a bike ?
After beating the Aerodactyl, return to the Shakya Monastery and ascend the Shakyamuni Tower (has anyone got the whole weird reference going on there yet) to reach the top. There, defeat Elder Longwei, and get a Yellow Vespa for your troubles. This will take you over the mudslide to the north of the desert and onwards, ever onwards.

Quote originally posted by 01:
What is Keratin about anyway ?
In a word, gang warfare. Oh, wait, that's two words. Damn it. Hang on: in a word, gangwarfare. There. That's better.

Agent Orange! I GET it! That's morbidly hilarious.
Yeah, someone gets it at last! He's like a cross between Agent Orange and a nuclear warhead. And an orange.

Old May 13th, 2011 (12:57 AM).
noobtrainer123
some dude

oh okay.thanks for that !
Old May 13th, 2011 (04:11 AM).
noobtrainer123
some dude

well its me again.now im stuck at route 121.after you beat fortree gym.on my way to lilycove.stuck on the cave puzzle thing. help ?
Old May 13th, 2011 (05:34 AM).
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

The Faceleech thing is killing my brain. I feel like Turmur poisoned the meat of my brain atm because of the Faceleech Mystery.

Are you able to give any hint or just tell us what we have to do or where?

Also, what is the Secret of the Magi?
Old May 13th, 2011 (12:10 PM).
Cutlerine

Quote originally posted by noobtrainer123:
well its me again.now im stuck at route 121.after you beat fortree gym.on my way to lilycove.stuck on the cave puzzle thing. help ?
It's pretty much blind luck. The warp system is so complex that the only way through is blind luck, though after a certain point it's possible to go via a memorised path. Sorry, but even I don't know a perfect way through.

Quote originally posted by NainilJShah:
The Faceleech thing is killing my brain. I feel like Turmur poisoned the meat of my brain atm because of the Faceleech Mystery.

Are you able to give any hint or just tell us what we have to do or where?

Also, what is the Secret of the Magi?
What? What is the Secret of the Magi? What Secret? What Magi? Actually, scratch that last question, I know who the Magi are. But what Secret?

I already gave you a hint in the wording of my telling you that Faceleech has to do with Turmur. Read it again, and see what you think.

Old May 13th, 2011 (01:26 PM).
Sanddreams
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
There are no other trainers in that gym that you are supposed to fight. Go back out of the gym.
Ok thanks! Feel a bit silly now.
Old May 13th, 2011 (01:46 PM).
nerevarine

Quote originally posted by Cutlerine:
I already gave you a hint in the wording of my telling you that Faceleech has to do with Turmur. Read it again, and see what you think.
Well, this was enough of a hint to make me try something very weird - and it worked! Though I cannot possibly understand how it is supposed to work out (and I'm not thinking about it since it could make my mind explode)
Old May 14th, 2011 (02:57 AM).
NainilJShah
Beginning Trainer

Cutlerine, now I want to headsmash into you.
I want to headsmash you because of the puzzles you made (Especially the darned Lights Out Maze in the necropolis), and I want to headsmash myself at that Turmur Mystery.

I nao own the powerful Faceleech.

A couple questions.

Does Faceleech evolve?
How does Munchlax evolve?
Old May 14th, 2011 (03:05 AM).
nerevarine

One thing I forgot - in recognition of Your efforts, I propose to rename this song to "Cutlerine theme"

Any objections? I see none - proposal has passed.
Old May 14th, 2011 (03:22 AM). Edited May 14th, 2011 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine

Quote originally posted by NainilJShah:
Cutlerine, now I want to headsmash into you.
I want to headsmash you because of the puzzles you made (Especially the darned Lights Out Maze in the necropolis), and I want to headsmash myself at that Turmur Mystery.

I nao own the powerful Faceleech.

A couple questions.

Does Faceleech evolve?
How does Munchlax evolve?
Faceleech does not evolve.

Munchlax evolves the same way as it usually does - by happiness.

Oh yes. One more thing. Nerevarine, I adore Voltaire. Brilliant choice of song.

Old May 14th, 2011 (06:05 AM).
ChillinInYoCloset
PacmanAteMe

Nature: Calm
Does the "Charizard" in the cave Dewford Town have a weakness?

Eat, Sleep, Breathe Carolina.
Old May 14th, 2011 (06:20 AM).
nerevarine

Quote originally posted by Cutlerine:
Oh yes. One more thing. Nerevarine, I adore Voltaire. Brilliant choice of song.
Glad You like it :D Though obviously I had chosen it for the lyrics, not the author

Quote originally posted by ChillinInYoCloset:
Does the "Charizard" in the cave Dewford Town have a weakness?
I'd say that: ice, dragon and possibly (though this is a complete guess) rock. Although this is pure speculation based on the name of the beast
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links