Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old November 3rd, 2011 (04:11 AM). Edited November 4th, 2011 by giradialkia.
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote originally posted by bnga1:
OK i will copy and paist exactly what it is saying: No image found on zip file C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip and:
unsupported file type : C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip it is saying its an ips file type and it wont run it if u need any more info just ask and ill try to find it
Unzip the ZIP file. There should be an IPS file in there. Get yourself a clean Ruby (US) ROM, and use LunarIPS to patch the IPS file to the ROM. I can't make it much clearer than that.

Quote originally posted by kyleboyz400;:
so i beat the Elite 4 and was told to go to stootopolis city but dont know how to get there ive been searching 4 hours!!!!
If you've received Birch's phone call, go to Lilycove and enter the sewers; the swimmers there will have disappeared. You can go through there to the ocean routes, and from there to Pacifidlog, from where you can (eventually) go to Sootopolis.

*For me, obviously. I'm not going to reward you for voting for the enemy competition, am I?

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 3rd, 2011 (08:37 AM).

Erm I reached like to gym island and oculd only beat 3 gyms i cannot find other gyms.. =l
Old November 3rd, 2011 (01:43 PM).
Welcome to the Underworld!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
I think your hack actually deserves to win or at least come in second. I thought Light Platinum was the best by far, but since I gave this one a spin I think you may of turned my mind. Mainly the ridiculous difficulty and the warped sense of humor that kept the lulz going, so I offer you luck.

Oh yes, and did you by any chance get to looking up how I use the Spatial Pass to get to Shaderu?
Old November 3rd, 2011 (09:46 PM).

where can i get a leaf stone? I need to evolve my nuzleaf...

plus when does linoone evolve? and where do I get fly? just wanna make sure I don't miss that
Old November 4th, 2011 (08:03 PM).
Beginner Graphic Artist

Nature: Calm
I unzipped the ZIP file and took out the IPS file and used Lunar IPS to patch it to a clean copy of Pokemon Ruby ROM but when I opened the new patched Pokemon Ruby I just get a white screen please help?
Old November 4th, 2011 (09:51 PM).

So I need a magnemite to start up the elevator but i have a full part and theres no pc around... am i stuck?
Old November 4th, 2011 (10:11 PM).
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by 0ddj0b:
So I need a magnemite to start up the elevator but i have a full part and theres no pc around... am i stuck?
There is, go to the level with the water but instead of going down, turn right and up again, you should see stairs... Also, you don't really need a Magnemite, you just need a pokemon with ThunderShock. I used a Pikachu and it worked. I hope that answers your question!

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old November 4th, 2011 (10:53 PM).

Quote originally posted by gunnerpow7:
There is, go to the level with the water but instead of going down, turn right and up again, you should see stairs... Also, you don't really need a Magnemite, you just need a pokemon with ThunderShock. I used a Pikachu and it worked. I hope that answers your question!
thanks alot bro its late and I wasn't expecting an answer for sometime.
Old November 5th, 2011 (10:19 AM).
Beginner Graphic Artist

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Tripred:
I unzipped the ZIP file and took out the IPS file and used Lunar IPS to patch it to a clean copy of Pokemon Ruby ROM but when I opened the new patched Pokemon Ruby I just get a white screen please help?
I found a solution, turns out I just needed to download the Ruby ROM from somewhere else, it works now =)
Old November 5th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by 0ddj0b:
where can i get a leaf stone? I need to evolve my nuzleaf...

plus when does linoone evolve? and where do I get fly? just wanna make sure I don't miss that
Once you get to the Weather Instute/Maxium Security Vault, go to the right side of the bridge, and surf south. The leaf stone is in the exact same place as in the original game. Linnone evolves at lvl 41. I know cus I was supprised when mine evolved.

Which brings me to the original reason why I wanted to post here, are you going to add in a list of all the new eveloutions to the beginning post? I would really like to know what other evelution I could get. (Only just got Metor's Daughter.)

On another completely different side note, this is my second favorite hack, even with some of those minor bugs! Mabye when I finish it I'll find it even greater than my favorite, light platinum!

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Old November 6th, 2011 (02:06 AM).

Quote originally posted by Kaith:
Once you get to the Weather Instute/Maxium Security Vault, go to the right side of the bridge, and surf south. The leaf stone is in the exact same place as in the original game. Linnone evolves at lvl 41. I know cus I was supprised when mine evolved.

Which brings me to the original reason why I wanted to post here, are you going to add in a list of all the new eveloutions to the beginning post? I would really like to know what other evelution I could get. (Only just got Metor's Daughter.)

On another completely different side note, this is my second favorite hack, even with some of those minor bugs! Mabye when I finish it I'll find it even greater than my favorite, light platinum!
If you finish it, you mean. I really wish I could fix all the bugs in Snakewood - but I was learning as I went along so... yeah. Everything got messed up. This is not so in future stuff, though: my testing shows them to be almost entirely bug-free.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, new evolutions. I think I might add a list, actually - though I won't add the evolution method. Yes, that'll be fun.

Glad you enjoy it, and... hopefully you'll keep doing so.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 6th, 2011 (06:51 PM).

Nature: Adamant
why when I go to esua's gym does a black guy kill me?
Old November 8th, 2011 (05:33 AM).

Quote originally posted by kyleboyz400:
why when I go to esua's gym does a black guy kill me?
You said 'Candyman' five times to the mirror, didn't you? It's a reference to the movie Candyman. Candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman... Then he appears and kills you.

Old November 8th, 2011 (01:00 PM).

Ok I'm having some more trouble with my emulator. I've gotten into the actual game but my character is moving uncontrollably fast. I'm pinned onto the rocks and when I go into Joypad 1 to fix my controls, it just starts scrolling down without letting me adjust anything. Please help because I'd love to play this game
Old November 8th, 2011 (10:07 PM).
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by ShadowSoren:
Ok I'm having some more trouble with my emulator. I've gotten into the actual game but my character is moving uncontrollably fast. I'm pinned onto the rocks and when I go into Joypad 1 to fix my controls, it just starts scrolling down without letting me adjust anything. Please help because I'd love to play this game
mediafire/?57bgh5az8czdiz3 , add "(dot)com" after mediafire
Old November 9th, 2011 (01:15 AM).

hey. I'm trying to play your hack, but it won't work on my emulator. Can I get some help?
Old November 10th, 2011 (03:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by yusolaifdfer:
mediafire/?57bgh5az8czdiz3 , add "(dot)com" after mediafire
Ok downloaded that but what next? It says I cant open it.
Old November 10th, 2011 (07:46 PM).

Cutlerine; congratulations on your nomination for Snakewood as Hack of the Year!
Old November 11th, 2011 (09:01 AM).

Uhh, can anybody please tell me how do I play ?
Like which emulator do I use ?
I'm very eager to play but cannot.

Edit: Read previous posts, managed to fix it.
Fantastic rom, indeed !
Old November 11th, 2011 (03:22 PM).

ohhhhhhhhhh my head, I just read this thread from beginning to end (took me 3 days to do so). I think it's safe to say that I've combed through nearly everything I need to know about this game. But I have a couple of questions/concerns

1. How exactly do you do mining? I bought a miner doll and a miner TM, brought them to one of the blue rocks and tried to use it; but I checked the rock and nothing happened, and when I tried to use it in my items screen, I just got the LOLNOUDON'T message from Birch. Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Does the Trick Master do anything other than give you that thing he gives you when you give him a chocolate orange?

3. I think there's supposed to be something here (and I'm 90% sure I know what it is too...), but there's not.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Snakewood.png‎ (22.9 KB, 35 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old November 12th, 2011 (12:06 AM).

Quote originally posted by PurpleFlygon:
ohhhhhhhhhh my head, I just read this thread from beginning to end (took me 3 days to do so). I think it's safe to say that I've combed through nearly everything I need to know about this game. But I have a couple of questions/concerns

1. How exactly do you do mining? I bought a miner doll and a miner TM, brought them to one of the blue rocks and tried to use it; but I checked the rock and nothing happened, and when I tried to use it in my items screen, I just got the LOLNOUDON'T message from Birch. Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Does the Trick Master do anything other than give you that thing he gives you when you give him a chocolate orange?

3. I think there's supposed to be something here (and I'm 90% sure I know what it is too...), but there's not.
1. Once you have a Miner Doll, you just need to talk to a rock in order to mine.

2. No. That's all he gives you, and believe me, it's all he needs to.

Quote originally posted by DonMoosavi:
Cutlerine; congratulations on your nomination for Snakewood as Hack of the Year!
Thanks! I don't suppose we'll win, but hey! It's all good.

Old November 13th, 2011 (09:48 AM).

SO wait, has the hack been completed?
Old November 14th, 2011 (12:01 AM).

OMG this is the greatest hack what i have seen. Good work
Old November 14th, 2011 (11:59 AM).
Yeah.

how do you get to gym island? love this game by the way
Old November 14th, 2011 (04:27 PM).
Hacker of Fire

Nature: Relaxed
For anyone wondering about how to play the game, you need to download Lunar IPS patching and then select 'apply patch'. Pick Pokemon snakewood (it should have a heart shaped icon) then pick a clean, non edited Ruby ROM. Start up your emulator and load the Ruby ROM you selected. It should load Pokemon snakewood.

Also, not sure if you caught this but the male swimmer just north of Gym island has level 30-ish pokemon. Since every other trainer has 60-70ish, i'm guessing you missed this guy. (Plus I think he still has the original text from Ruby)

Hacks I support:
FloralSky

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)