Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old February 26th, 2012 (05:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by stunniin:
HELP! I'm not recieving a phone call after beating the E4 and sewers are still blocked off. What do i do?
Can someone please help me?
Old February 26th, 2012 (11:18 PM).
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Brave
Hey Cuterline, I just played this hack awhile ago, I must say it is really unique, but you hear that alot don't you? haha, well I hit a gamebreaking bug and ceased to continue, I got up around to a gym with a monkey inside (I haven't entered since my character wouldn't want to) and I'm really wanting to know what happens at the end, oh well!
Thanks for creating a enjoyable hack!

Old February 27th, 2012 (12:21 PM). Edited February 27th, 2012 by unknown001.

HELP! I'm not recieving a phone call after beating the E4 and sewers are still blocked off. What do i do?
having the same issue also

did you try beating the Elite 4 again? or Flying back to Evergrande?

edit: nvm, flying back didn't work for me
edit2: beating the elite 4 again didn't work for me either
Old February 27th, 2012 (12:23 PM).

Started playing Snakewood recently, great hack, I didn't get all the references but the ones I got were very amusing.

I have one question. Im in the maze of Necropolis holding chamber, Ive already spoken to the Rhydon and gone to the room with the statues, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Old February 27th, 2012 (01:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by unknown001:
having the same issue also

did you try beating the Elite 4 again? or Flying back to Evergrande?

edit: nvm, flying back didn't work for me
edit2: beating the elite 4 again didn't work for me either
Yeah tried flying back and beat the E4 6 times now and still nothing. I hope this gets fixed soon because its really annoying to come this far in the game and not be able to continue.
Old February 27th, 2012 (04:09 PM).

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to Yoshichao Send a message via Skype™ to Yoshichao
Yeah tried flying back and beat the E4 6 times now and still nothing. I hope this gets fixed soon because its really annoying to come this far in the game and not be able to continue.
You guys have to fly to the E4 and actually walk south from the building. You should be getting the phone call when you walk a couple steps downwards. If you're not getting it, then it's a bug.

Quote:
I got up around to a gym with a monkey inside (I haven't entered since my character wouldn't want to) and I'm really wanting to know what happens at the end, oh well!
Thanks for creating a enjoyable hack!
You don't go in that gym at all, as far as I know.

Quote:
I have one question. Im in the maze of Necropolis holding chamber, Ive already spoken to the Rhydon and gone to the room with the statues, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
If nothing happens when you talk to the statues, then I think that's a bug.

Hrrk. We need to make a list of all the bugs or something.
Old February 27th, 2012 (04:15 PM).

try flying back to the league building and just walk straight down, do NOT use speedup button/key on emulator (that can mess it up a bit)
if that doesn't work, go do a battle or two, maybe go to gym island, then try again; if it STILL doesn't work, yours may have and issue (mine didn't work first time either, but I went back later and walked down just outside the building and it worked...)
anyways, hope it works for you; good luck
Old February 27th, 2012 (05:13 PM).

Thank you yoshichao, your info was spot-on!

I'm on the wrecked ship looking for those dang keys now. Can someone please tell me where the storage key is?
Old February 27th, 2012 (06:31 PM).

Quote originally posted by ribbit3:
try flying back to the league building and just walk straight down, do NOT use speedup button/key on emulator (that can mess it up a bit)
if that doesn't work, go do a battle or two, maybe go to gym island, then try again; if it STILL doesn't work, yours may have and issue (mine didn't work first time either, but I went back later and walked down just outside the building and it worked...)
anyways, hope it works for you; good luck
Well I tried but still no cigar. I'll wait for an update i guess? I'm not sure if this is fixable or if I'm just unlucky. Oh well it was a fun hack up to the point I got. Thanks for your help.
Old February 27th, 2012 (09:04 PM).

does anyone know how to get a waterstone? Thank you
Old February 27th, 2012 (10:33 PM).

There's a water stone in the shipwreck east of Dewford (available post E4).
Old February 27th, 2012 (11:49 PM).
Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by Yoshichao:
You don't go in that gym at all, as far as I know.
I know that, but thats the part I was around until I entered the sewer from the wrong way and scripts started to act funny and haven't saved, I use save states.

Old February 28th, 2012 (04:07 PM).

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask what is in the storage room in the shipwreck? I can't seem to find the key for it, and I've already made it to the abandoned mines so far. Is there an item in the storage room that I'll need later on?
Old February 28th, 2012 (04:24 PM).

Quote:
I know that, but thats the part I was around until I entered the sewer from the wrong way and scripts started to act funny and haven't saved, I use save states.
Had you already done the event at the sewers? Cuz if so, that's kind of weird. I don't think that happened to me when I entered from that way...
Old February 28th, 2012 (04:30 PM).

Great looking hack hope you make more and improve
Old February 29th, 2012 (06:55 AM). Edited February 29th, 2012 by dbcification.
Long-Time Lurker

Nature: Adamant
I came late to the party here... But I'm playing through Snakewood... And I read somewhere in the thread that there is a point where the game just gives up on being serious and gets about a million times more insane...

Would that, perchance, be the Boardroom?

My reaction to the boardroom after nearly every battle: "I... I don't... What... I... WHAT IS THIS GAME?!"

Also, what Pokemon does Vigourlan replace? I can't pick it out by its cry, and I don't have a Third Gen save editor handy.
Old February 29th, 2012 (04:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by mogames:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask what is in the storage room in the shipwreck? I can't seem to find the key for it, and I've already made it to the abandoned mines so far. Is there an item in the storage room that I'll need later on?
the storage room in the shipwreck just has an item you can use to catch a spiritomb by the way, can someone tell me what to do after the sundance rock event? I can't find that Blackthorne guy.
Old February 29th, 2012 (07:22 PM).

LOVE this hack, and I can tell how much work you put in despite the fact that I AM (not) A ROM HACKER!!! The jokes are funny and the plot is actually INTERESTING; I feel that this is how the official games ought to be. Kudos on making the fighting an actual challenge! I hate when things are a cakewalk-- speaking of which, the way you made the new areas, and rearranged the old ones is pretty good. I feel like i'm not just walking in one big straight line to the end of the game and actually have to navigate a bit.

All in all i enjoy playing your hack, it's a very good job you've done!
Old February 29th, 2012 (10:28 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by akumi.

Umm... I suppose Asimov's gym in Gym Island isn't supposed to look like that and my game sort of fookd up?

i.imgur.com/Szfli.png

i.imgur.com/7nogf.png

I think I've searched every related term possible and I have no idea what to do right now. I'd love to progress even further with the game but I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do without getting strenght and beating Asimov.

BTW: What's with the fourth badge? I have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, I defeated Norman in Petalburg but nothing happened there, I guess I need Asimov to get the badge and the HM? :/

Nothing like that has happened before, no glitches (except for 3-4 tile glitches in town that didn't show certain sprites, you could still walk over it however and nothing happened), no bugs, nothing at all.
Old March 1st, 2012 (12:42 PM).
Pokémon Trainer

Had you already done the event at the sewers? Cuz if so, that's kind of weird. I don't think that happened to me when I entered from that way...
I read somewhere that I had to enter through Lillicove sewers not the one I entered through, do you mean the phone call event? then yes, but if you mean another, then no. I was up to the part where I was meant to go Sootopolis city to find Landon and May. But it dosen't really matter now, theres another release planned!.

Old March 1st, 2012 (04:19 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by Yoshichao.

Quote originally posted by ribbit3:
the storage room in the shipwreck just has an item you can use to catch a spiritomb by the way, can someone tell me what to do after the sundance rock event? I can't find that Blackthorne guy.
I'm pretty sure you go to the Abandoned Mines now? (It's where Spear Pillar was)

Quote:
I think I've searched every related term possible and I have no idea what to do right now. I'd love to progress even further with the game but I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do without getting strenght and beating Asimov.

BTW: What's with the fourth badge? I have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, I defeated Norman in Petalburg but nothing happened there, I guess I need Asimov to get the badge and the HM? :/
The gym is supposed to look like that, I believe. However, you must've gotten the glitch where the event for obtaining Strength doesn't happen, and the gym is empty.
Spoiler:
You're supposed to find a legendary Pokemon in that gym.

Have you done the Lilycove Sewers and the Necropolis stuff? If you've done all that and Gym Island and Strength are all you really need, then you're pretty much done.

The fourth badge can be found in the shipwreck.

Hmm I just thought of a possible way to get Cyndaquil, if it's in the game... It's a long shot but it's the only thing I can think of lol.
Old March 1st, 2012 (09:03 PM).
Combat Arms

how do i enter the 6th gym?
Old March 1st, 2012 (09:54 PM).

Chloe is not in her house, am I sol or is there any way to fix this ?
Old March 2nd, 2012 (05:01 AM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by akumi.

The gym is supposed to look like that, I believe. However, you must've gotten the glitch where the event for obtaining Strength doesn't happen, and the gym is empty.
[SPOILERS]You're supposed to find a legendary Pokemon in that gym.[/SPOILERS]
Oh. Well, the gym is empty, I've checked each and every square of it pressing A.

Have you done the Lilycove Sewers and the Necropolis stuff?
I'm pretty sure I did. I did the
Spoiler:
creepy-phonecall-catching-Spiritbomb-event
Spoiler:
the waterfall event in Lilycove Sewers
and got to Necropolis, where I
Spoiler:
rescued Landon and Amy as well as Trick Master
and beat the dark guy with Asimov's help in a great reference battle. I don't have the fourth badge (didn't find it in Shipwreck, even though I got all the keys and caught Spiritbomb) nor I don't have HM Strength.

I'm off to search the thread how to get it and hope my game isn't glitched for good, wish me luck!

//edit
Okay, the game is glitched for good. I'm incapable of obtaining strength without using cheats. I tried beating E4 again, tried going into the sewers again, got the 4th badge... I even used the walk through walls cheat to get back to the place where Gleis lost his pokemon, I talked to him and he teleported out of the cave - nothing changed though.

Well, using WTW I caught Luca Zamon and two Furis. No idea where is Turmur or Faceleech though.

//edit2
Found Turmur, got Faceleech, beat E4 a few times more and somehow Senex unglitched itself, lol. I have no idea what the flag for making it appear is but I must've somehow triggered it - the whole Gym Island started again, got HM04. Yay!

//edit3
No idea where to find Landon and May to get to know your past and finish the storyline for good and I no clue how to get Tea Barquan. I give up.
Old March 2nd, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by BLACKOUT.

Nature: Bold
need help! im stuck in necropolis in the part where you are trying to get to the concert. all i've found are dead ends and Lt. Surge's trash cans. what do i do next???

sometimes certain events don't work when you are using the speed function on your emulator. try not using speed and if that doesn't work then i have no clue what is wrong
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)