Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trivia
Notices

Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in the Forum Games forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Nature: Calm

Advertise here

I honestly don't get why people want a Hoenn remake, I mean I understand an update to Hoenn would be interesting but the main reason why they remade Kanto and Johto was so Gen I and Gen II Pokemon could be caught and traded to the newer Gens.

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:14 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I just thought...what would happen if GF just remade the Gen IV games this gen and skipped Gen III? I know this won't happen but...what if?
My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

uhh you said 48 again...

It could happen but don't bet on it, in fact I wouldn't bet on anymore generations getting remade

Old October 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

I don't think they have any reason to remake the Gen III games other than fan requests since they're still compatible with older current consoles, but I can see them wanting to bring them up to DS standard given that the 3DS has lost the GBA slot.
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

Not to mention that it looks like XY will have the majority the Pokemon for capture. It's not like third gen where they needed to have FRLG to get Kanto Pokemon + Colosseum for Johto and then fourth gen when they needed HGSS for (once again) Johto Pokemon. It would be neat but I wouldn't bank on it until it happens if it ever does.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Mm that's true haha. Though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there's a game tying together all the regions at some point - it seems like a great way to round off the series and given there's only 70 or so new Pokémon being added this time I wouldn't be surprised if that happened soon. Maybe they're slowly phasing it out? :p
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Seriously this how you get all the Pokemon
FR/LG: Kanto
R/S: Hoenn
TRANSFER
HG/SS: Johto
D/P: Sinnoh
TRANSFER
B/W: Unova

Easy

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Easy = play over 5 game fully? XD I prefer to spam Trade Corner and collect Pokémon that way - it's much quicker and they're so generous!
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I like the idea of being too lazy to complete a pokedex. Closest I have gotten since my Ruby version is completing the Regional Pokedex on Soul Silver.
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:20 PM
darkpokeball

Regarding, XY, completing the NationalDex is pretty much ridiculous.
I might aim to complete regional though...
My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I've heard you can ge like 400+ pokemon before the elite four so ... i'm actually going to try catching pokemon throughout my journey and see how many pokemon I can get. :'D Though I'll only be using Kalos Pokemon on my actual team.
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

400+ But, wait... 150*3=450 yes that would be entirely possible since each Pokedex contains 150 Pokemon and there are only about 20 or so Pokemon exclusive to each region so 400 is entirely possible if the Boxes can handle it that is

Old October 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I'm been failing at catching Pokemon (only catch the ones I see I don't hunt for them) but still better than fifth gen i which i didn't even try :'D
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
darkpokeball

...I think my game has a bug because I keep getting communication errors when I try to trade or battle over Internet. Bummer.
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Have you checked to make sure you have the right type of internet connection? I remember having to change that in order to trade with White/Black and such.
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:37 AM
darkpokeball

63. The thing is, I could trade and battle online using BW/B2W2 easily and at any time! Gen IV's online didn't work for me though...
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

hmmm... only other thing is the 3DS itself is being weird unless you've traded with B/W and such with your 3DS. Other than that maybe your game is bugged or something idk.
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM
darkpokeball

Well, the BW(2) trading/battling online was all done on my 3ds...so...yeah, my game's probably bugged. ...I've been having really, really bad luck lately. So, uh, what's the unluckiest thing that you guys have experienced in a pokemon game? I'd have to say this bug because so much of the game's emphasis is on online communication.
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Unluckiest thing in a Pokémon game? Would have to be a shiny Dratini running from me in the Safari Zone - not a happy moment :(
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly

Had a moment like that once, except it was a Chansey, and I was hunting for the Lucky Egg that it might be holding.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Oh man this one was really bad, I was playing Diamond Version and I was on a mad Catching Spree up Mt. Coronet as well as fighting Team Galactic, got to the top and caught Dialga went back down through the cave and ran into a Shiny Bronzor, I was out of Pokeballs! Not good...

Old October 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I guess they're all based on shinies aren't they haha - do you guys see shiny Pokémon as being anything really special or are they just another colour of Pokémon to you?
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly

In my opinion Shiny's are a little more special. When I was little and playing Crystal, I received the egg from the Day-care man. When it hatched, I miraculously got a Shiny Pichu!

Ever since, Shiny's have been a symbol of good luck to me.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I like that point of view haha. I used to see shinies as something really cool and special but then I learnt how to RNG and that feeling kind of vanished a bit... I'm still really excited to see them, but honestly they usually just feel like normal Pokémon with a slightly different colour to me now. It's a big shame haha.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:03 AM
Serperion
The Fallen King

The first game I played was Silver version although I got Red and Blue soon after but in that game by the time defeating all Kanto Gym Leaders I had two pokemon; Feraligatr and the shiny Gyarados because I didn't know about HM02 Fly and I was blissfully unaware of My. Silver. Still the first genuine Shiny I found, sadly was a Pelipeer on the sea route before Sinnoh Victory Road.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here