The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trivia

Notices

Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in the Forum Games forum.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here

Pumpkaboo is adorable. But I would have to say that my favorite Ghost is Litwick. ♥
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:07 PM
thebluecrab
Sign Language is Handy

Nature: Relaxed

EV training is overrated. Getting 6 level 100 Pikachus and naming them Poop is what the big leaguers do
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I ... have no idea what page you were on or if you were just trying to screw up the count ahaha.

And I'd rather name my Pokemon much more deserving nicknames.
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:04 AM
thebluecrab
Sign Language is Handy

I was on page 50 or something

I had a team that consisted of naughtily named things because I was bored
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Ahhhh that explains it.

I usually name my Pokemon about fandom characters, food, or something else that is very silly with the occasional actual good name.
Old December 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

I never name my Pokémon because I'm not creative enough and I'd rather have them keep their names (unless I'm doing a challenge that requires nicknaming).
Old December 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Nakasu
Golden Time Lover
Community Supporter

Creative enough? BLEH. You just have to be goofy! Like a nickname for Oshawott could be......Aquawott! YEAH! :3

Pokemon Normal / Anime / Youtube
Old December 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Mawile

When I try to nickname my Pokemon, they always come out cheesy. Sometimes I do it, and sometimes I don't, so I always have either no creativity in their names or stupid creativity in their names. Except for a Wobbuffet I found, called Derp, since I thought it seemed fitting.

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

That's pretty much me when it comes to nicknaming Pokemon. Either I put in some thought or it just comes out something derpy.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:18 AM
epic hydreigon

Nature: Quirky
The only Pokemon I name are starters and bug types
I just love to call any bug type Bugger or Don'tBugMe
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
I nickname the Pokémon I plan to use in my team. My names are hardly creative though. Most of them are 4-5 letters long and random names.
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:06 AM
epic hydreigon

I plan to nickname everything but when the time comes I just back off coz the most original names I can think of are like Oshy for Oshawatt or Hydry for a Deino.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

It's easier to associate your Pokémon by their real name rather than their nickname. I suppose nicknamed Pokémon can be easily remembered as individuals but they would have to be special because nicknaming all your Pokémon requires a lot of thinking.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I usually pick a theme for all my nicknames in one game and keep using that until I run out. My last ones were fruits in Pearl and spices in XY; got surprisingly far before having to find a new topic!
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Nurse Joy
Would you like to rest your Pokémon?

Nature: Jolly

Me too. I used to have nicknames that I didn't understand anymore... I named an Azurill Tom for a reason, but I forgot why XD

I also used to mess around with my Action Replay in Diamond a lot and caught a lot of trainers' Pokemon, which I would nickname by pressing random letters and adding vowels and stuff so they were readable. I had a Ponyta named Zonawaroom, a Dustox named Herlatifan, etc. It was fun.
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I love it when I get a Pokemon I had a specific nickname for and I accomplish naming a Pokemon that name. Normally it's when I want to name one after a character or something along those lines.
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

So enough with nicknames, here's a fresher topic - what do you guys look for in a Pokémon you like? Is it their looks, their typing, their moves, their stats, or anything else; what is it that makes you like a Pokémon more than others?
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Super Bling
Clair pretty thick, huh?

Nature: Adamant
I usually go for stats and easily accessible pokemon. I have never used a Dragon type pokemon during the main story due to levels and stuff. Well scratch that I used an Altaria, but only because it evolved early. Drudiggon is an option too...I try to stray away from the often used Pokemon ( Gen 2's Ampharos, 4th Gen's Lucario ).

4642-8312-8475 Baron Black 2
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Ohh interesting, you actually like Drudiggon? Personally I find it ugly as heck, but the main deterrent from me using it is the lack of evolutions. I don't really like training things like that (other than cuties like Pachirisu ♥) because it just doesn't feel as rewarding - I guess I see them more as Pokémon to use as strong opponents in the wild rather than ones to train? But ehh, that's probably just me haha, does anyone else feel like this?
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

^ I can definitely relate. I can't remember the last time I used a Pokemon without an evolutionary line, simply because I find it to be relatively boring to train. I mean, the evolutions always feel like milestones, so you have some goal to work towards, at which you know you'll actually get something out of it. You can train as many Pokemon you want to level 100, but it's not like you're rewarded for it in any way; it just gives more powerful Pokemon and bragging rights. So yeah, Pokemon without evolutions are a rarity in my party :p
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm trying to think back to the last Pokémon like that I actually trained haha. I trained a Dedenne in X, Emolga in Black 2, Pachirisu in Pearl, etc you get the jist, but I don't think I've used any others. I make an exception for these ones since it's an accomplishment when you get them to actually perform well for a change so that makes up for the lack of 'milestones', but with most other things I just don't find it rewarding either.
Old February 26th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

mmmm I believe the last one I used on a team that lacks evolutions was... man I don't even know. I was going to use several Pokemon on my team on X but it never happened because at the beginning I really grew to love some members of my team (like Gogoat and Vivillon) that when I tried to use like Helioptile or Carbink it just didn't work out.

Also because I, no matter what, was going to have a Goodra on my team but sshhh.

Anyways I love such a variety of Pokemon that I don't think I really have any sort of 'checklist'. I mean I lost Feraligatr which I am fully aware some people hate due to design Squirrel. I love weak Pokemon like Rattata and even Zubat which most people like annoying and so forth. Like literally whenever I think of Pokemon I dislike only a few crop up. Seismitoad (which I will admit is due to design), Druggidon, and for a long time Toxicroak was on that list (It's on my 'okay' list now).
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami

I almost never use Pokemon without an evolutionary line, the only one i can think of is an Absol i used a while back in Emerald i think. Its not that i dont like them , its just that i love to see my pokemon evolve and grow into stronger ones.

As for Zubat, i really find him to be annoying, BUT he does evolve into an awesome Golbat/Crobat, so in the end i do quite like him. I dont have really any Pokemon on my "Hate" list, but there are some i dont care too much for, #1 on that list being Qwilfish.
Also, how can anyone not like Toxicroac??!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 17th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

idk I just found Toxicroak really unappealing for like the longest time. Though to be fair I found a lot of fourth gen's Pokemon in general unappealing for the longest time. I'm really unsure whether fourth or fifth gen is my least favorite gen. I just never did much in either of them in comparison to second, third, and sixth (we don't talk about first haha I never really played any first gen games from start to end so yeah).
Old March 18th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami

I have to agree with you on that, most of the 4th Gen Pokemon didnt appeal to me at all, i probably couldnt name half of them by heart. I think what i liked most about 4th Gen was the addition of new evos for older Pokemon! 5th Gen wasnt too good imo either, but Black2 and White2 made a very strong impression to me, leaving 4th Gen as my least favorite one.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here