Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 30th, 2011 (10:52 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
[QUOTE=BinaryPeaches;6868906]... Dust Clouds? You're going to have to give me example of these dust clouds.QUOTE]

The fight with Zelos and Regal for example. When Regal hit the ground, there was an exaggerated dust cloud effect. And it left bent and damaged concrete, which is a little much for falling from the not-so-high building.

The fight was still epically epic though. ^_^
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 30th, 2011 (01:53 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Nature: Gentle
You said it like there was more than one instant, and that it happened too often. :/ Let's also not forget that Regal is different than your average human...

But, I'd rather not fret with the minor details. The majority of cartoons/animes defy the law of physics these days anyways.
that's what you have taught me,
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old September 30th, 2011 (02:39 PM).
Brony Hacker

I'm pretty sure it did happen too often. But I can't watch it since my laptop broke so maybe you're right, maybe it's less exaggerated than I thought.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Old September 30th, 2011 (02:53 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

I watched the Sylvarant Arc multiple times, as well as the other three episodes (first one I only watched once or so) of the Tethe'alla arc. While I don't remember every minor detail (especially not how many dust clouds there are) the ones I do remember can make sense (eg: the one when Zelos and Regal are fighting for the first time and Zelos is knocked into Altessa's house. Altessa's house is built out of rock and dirt, and thus would cause a dust cloud as such). Let us remember the environments that fought in.

Why are we arguing about dust clouds anyways. They have nothing to do with the plot, and like I said, physic laws are broken all the time in entertainment. :I Who really cares. Hell for all we know maybe that's how their magic works. =u= To be quite honest, I just want the next episode.
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old September 30th, 2011 (06:58 PM).
Brony Hacker

Yeah, I can't wait to see how the anime finishes!

Old October 2nd, 2011 (06:30 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT YESTERDAY. :D
I didn't take the actual picture, but I saw it at a shop where they sell various plushes, and this was in it. :3

And yeah, its originally from Tokyo. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 2nd, 2011 (06:40 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Holy lord, I suddenly want a Repede plushie. That looks... so cuddly and wellmade! :DDD
Old October 2nd, 2011 (06:26 PM).
Brony Hacker

I want a cheagle plushie! And a Colette plushie, Zelos plushie, Jade plushie, Noishe plushie, and most importantly, ARCHE! I comission a friend for an Arche crochet plushie but I think she's too busy. T_T

Old October 2nd, 2011 (08:42 PM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Woah.
I just woke up, and I think that Repede plushie crept into my dreams. o3o
Weird. xDDD;;

A Cheagle plushie would be fun to throw around.
Old October 3rd, 2011 (08:02 AM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

omg, that's adorable. xD

I myself would want either a Noishe or a Corrine plushie (omg corrriiiiiine. ;____;) Either of those would be fantastic! I wouldn't mind a Cheagle plushie either. For the time being though I guess I'm good with my several onecoin figurines. xD

I actually have an image of my Tales of Symphonia figurines (and I think myself as Mithos in the image). I'll see about digging it up and showing it you all if you'd like.
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old October 3rd, 2011 (11:12 AM).
The Final Battle is coming
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
So like i decided to buy Symphonia, but the PS2 version.
Mainly I dont own a GC Controller, and I dont have a memory card, and Im more of a Playstation Player than I am with a Nintendo player, I feel more comfortable with a PS1/PS2/PS3 controller to play rpgs.
Old October 3rd, 2011 (12:53 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old October 3rd, 2011 (05:52 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.
Lagging should be the last of my worries. Now if it wont work. THEN I'll complain. Like i said Im more of a PS2 gamer, than i am a Nintendo gamer, I wouldnt dislike the game for just lagging, specially for an RPG I get catched on with story, and gameplay.
Old October 5th, 2011 (09:40 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
He's played Abyss. That has the same lag rate as Symphonia did, I find, and since he hasn't played the GCN version, he won't know what he's missing. :P

Omg that Repede is adorable. ;_; I had no idea they even made that! They should make a puppy!Repede too.
Old October 5th, 2011 (10:27 AM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Really? When I heard you talk about the lag before, it sounded like it was worse than Abyss' Erica. xD I'm never listening to you again.

Aaaaanyways, I'm still standing by my 'Tales of Symphonia needs to be remade' or 'Prequel' stuff. (b'')b

A puppy Repede would be adorable, despite the fact that I never played the game in full. o3o
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old October 5th, 2011 (10:40 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Well it might have been worse simply because it was their first attempt at a PS2 game, but I imagine it was so bad mainly because I remember how instantaneous the load times were in the GCN. :<

Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>
Old October 5th, 2011 (12:12 PM).
Crystal Tier

Well I did order the game last night it should be shipped out tonight. I cannot wait~
Yes I did play Abyss. Infact, I beat it ~ and own it, and loves it :D
I'm sure imma love Symphonia from all the rumors I heard from certain people (i.e. Tara; And one other friend) :o I probably would love it :o I still need to finish Xillia I beat Jude's story, I'm on Milla's story right now Just taking my time haha.
Old October 5th, 2011 (10:38 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)
Old October 6th, 2011 (08:19 AM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Lightning:
Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>
yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:

(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old October 6th, 2011 (09:16 AM).
Brony Hacker

Squeeeee! That's so awesome! I'm guessing more depth on Martel?

Old October 6th, 2011 (10:07 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Lightning:
How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)
I really really like Xillia, I love the gameplay and battle system, and the story.
Alot of the system in this game is really cool. But still it isnt my favorite Tales game, Its behind Graces and Abyss for me. My Favorite is Graces. But Abyss beat Graces by it's story imo. But Abyss will always be near the top of my top 5 (when i get a top 5 hahaha), Symphonia is gonna be my 4th tales game I own. Gonna still get the 3D version of Abyss haha I want to play Abyss when im like in a car, and be like "Yus, im playing abyss...in the car", or on a plane, or in my room in bed idk.

Also alot of people complained about ToX, that there isnt any Cameo battles. But that doesnt really piss me off, mainly I can careless with Cameo battles. If you want a cameo battle. dress them up in a Tales Outfit and fight them in arena, then there is your cameo battle >.> Also some people complain that it barely has any ingame costume, the costumes are there, just buy them, i know some people can't but it just a side thing to play dress up. I think there is a few more things people didnt like, say like it was too short, or it doesnt feel complete. It has a good amount of side events, titles to earn, trophies to get, it has a lot of content in this game, that it doesnt need a director's cut to make. I personally think its a good enough game to not get a enhance port, or a director cut, I know it isnt going on Xbox one of the Namco team said it via twitter, and Xbox failed hard in Japan. Also in Japan every game they ported to the Ps3 got a better outcome in sells. So basically if they make a updated version they may slap "Director's cut" and put it on PS3 like in Destiny for Ps2.

From the recent games of the battle system, and i played Abyss's battle system, it was easy to get used to, and it didnt bother me, so Symphonia's system I learn quickly and go with the flow and learn then I'll be fine.

yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:

(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD
What I said above to Erica. I'mma drop everything even ToX to play Symphonia tho, so I can beat it, and just take my time with it. I may have to look at youtube vids for the english version to get the story, since this version is in Japanese, But I'll be okay as long as I understand the characters, and know how to use the battle system, I'm sure I'mma fall for this game like I did with the others~.

That Trailer is epic btw :o After I beat ToS, Imma go download the Ova >:3
Old October 6th, 2011 (03:41 PM).
→ treasure any encounter
ModeratorCS

All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!
and that's why I travel
there's only light ahead
Old October 6th, 2011 (05:02 PM).
Brony Hacker

Ahh! Crisis! I found a badass Zelos fan stamp! Should it replace Arche on my avatar? I love them both! What about Jade? I couldn't find a stamp of him.

Old October 6th, 2011 (07:22 PM).
Crystal Tier

All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!
LOL oh I think i know who you are talking about, Nah. Im sure he is bad ass :o.

Does the OVA follow the game or is it like a thing after the game or something?
Old October 6th, 2011 (08:15 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

The OVA sort of summarizes the game. It's pretty much taken directly from the game. But it's pretty, so it's worth watching.

I hadn't heard there's a third part to it though. :O I'm actually not even sure I'm caught up on Tethe'alla. @_@

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)