Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 6th, 2011 (08:18 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

Nature: Gentle
The OVA "follows" the game. It's quite different from the game though, but if you're open-minded about it you can enjoy it just as much as the game itself (and hell... the characters are animated, which is why I really enjoy the OVA, on top of other things such as the music). The manga is closer to the game itself, but it still have some differences for the same reason (lack of space). However, both of them do have some aspects that weren't really delved upon in the game, such as Zelos and Regal's past. The Manga delves more into Zelos, and Regal has his own episode to himself really in the OVA.

Basically, the game obviously tops all, but there are aspects of the Manga and OVA that people can argue is better than the Game. (There are also the drama CDs, but I never listened to them woe is i).

or just go with what Erica said, because that's basically what I said but in much simpler terms. xD

... You haven't Erica? Where have you been. xD The third part is releasing next month, and I have a feeling that these days two episodes are going to be amazing. <3 If you haven't seen about ten second of Mithos, I don't think you're caught up in Tethe'alla yet. :P

mod ☆ Go ahead I'm d r e a m i n g now ≡ pairs
Old October 6th, 2011 (08:22 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I only saw two episodes of Tethe'alla. I'm... definitely behind. xD; I'll have to hurry up and download it when I get back to school on Monday. @_@
Old October 7th, 2011 (06:02 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 7th, 2011 (08:59 AM). Edited October 8th, 2011 by ソラ.
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x
It could be that they want to have it on a date where nothing too big is selling so it can get some sells?

Also My ToS is in my town out for delivery. I cannot wait >.<. I love how Play-asia is fast

EDIT: I got Symphonia. I LOVE IT so far haha.
ALSO, Tales of Graces: f English videos are up, I cant hear their voices and the person is explaining the battle system and what not. so here it is the link. Link -->CLICK HERE FOR TOGF FOOTAGE!
Old October 9th, 2011 (06:49 PM).

ok I got ToP cross and NDx and been playing cross alot and I up to getting the flame sword and I just wondering

were do I get everyone best armor and weapons.

how to I get shadow, and pluto

and how do I unlock the pac man hi ogui and that time travling girl hi ogui?

and were do I find the following for cress Mumbane (i know it in treantwood but were in it?) Aifread's quest to start it.

I want to be able to get the gold helm and blue and red line sheild before getting the enteral sword.
Old October 10th, 2011 (07:50 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

I wish I could help you, darklord18, but I've never played the game so I can't. There are always Walkthroughs that could help you if you don't mind turning to them though.

Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.

Also (spoilers for those who wish to not know what might be happening in the next episode of the OVA):
Spoiler:

Thoughts? Speculations? There is also a poster that shows Zelos with his fabulous orange wings. ;A;

Old October 10th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
Gaiden

My...only thought in the spoiler:

Spoiler:
I guess Zelos is going to betray the group?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old October 10th, 2011 (08:03 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

Lalala~

Spoiler:
Remember, Zelos betrays the group either way. The difference is whether he only "betrays" them and come back, or completely betrays them and well... dies. The image kind of points to the latter, in which I hope isn't true. :( Especially not in this episode which will (or a high probability) showing Martel's Death. There's only so much I can handle in one episode. ;;

Old October 10th, 2011 (11:32 AM).
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.
Hahha Yeah Tara. Its a good game, I dont see any lag so far, it seems like a normal ps2 game when it comes to framerate haha. I love the battle system tho its pretty fun, specially using Lloyd with the two swords :D.
Old October 10th, 2011 (11:59 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
/decides to start calling you mattie as well. o3o

Yeah, Symphonia is great. Probably my favourite Tales game.
...Then again, it's the only modern one I've played. xDD;;
Old October 10th, 2011 (03:48 PM).

ok here my thought on it

Spoiler:

No zelos doesn't die I going to say he get beat but nearly kills everyone but in the end fail and turn on Mitho or whatever this name is and give lloyd the item to make the diamond ring and tell them to go to kartos while he give them time, and he fight while they do so but being weaken from the fight and up against Mithos he get beaten to the of that pic but hold them off enough for them to return with the pact and the enternal sword. since enternal sword is need to merge the two words. and since i don't remember Mithos even seen having it. if it confirm to be one epsiode it might be a very long epsiode but if it what i think it is it will be four episode since there way to much to cut out that is so need,
Old October 10th, 2011 (04:19 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Spoiler:
Zelos! From that position, it looks like he's dying...NOOOOOOOO!
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old October 10th, 2011 (06:03 PM). Edited October 11th, 2011 by ソラ.
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ~Ryukaa:

It indeed is. You can call me Mattie :D. But I didnt get the gamecube version I got the ps2 one in Japanese bahaha.
I like it alot.
Old October 10th, 2011 (09:12 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

Quote originally posted by ~Ryukaa:

this is totally not my fault. just saying.

@darklord: the united worlds arc is going to be two episodes. all the screenshots and such that have been released and shown have been for the first episode. We've yet to see anything for the second episode as of yet. So yeah, they're going to be squeezing in quite a bit in this episode, and probably as well as the last episode.

Old October 11th, 2011 (04:54 AM).

man that a bit tight to sqeez in so much imo.

anyway I can't wait for the enternal sword anime look.

yeah ToS is great it got me into the series but one thing I didn't really like at first was the cursing, at the time I start playing it I didn't really like people cursing.
Spoiler:
though it funny at the sheena/zelos/Kratos/collect event in the final area lloyd said "If that[]fs not good enought for you." didn't anyone else laugh when they saw that typo. note I dr if the f is there but I pretty sure it either there before or after the box or something else.
Old October 11th, 2011 (09:33 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

... I can honestly only remember one time in which there was one curse (in which would be when Genis first meets Zelos), unless you count 'damn' as a curse word. There was also when Zelos said 'SOB', but he didn't actually say it, just the letters.

I also don't remember a typo. Can you maybe be a bit more specific in when that happens?

Old October 11th, 2011 (10:55 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Cursing? Symphonia seemed to have a clean vocabulary to me. Abyss is the one that uses "bastard" quite often. (I actually like that) The most obsene word I've seen in a Tales game is in Symphonia 2 when Zelos called...what's her name...Alice? Anyways, he said "Why you little bi*ch!..." I haven't seen the newest Tales games so it can probably get worse from here. Not that I have a problem with that.

Oh yeah, the fan translation of Phantasia says sh*t here and there, but that's because Japan is less censored.

I just remembered a typo in Abyss too. In a sidequest, someone scanned Luke with something so Luke said "What are doing, pointing weird fon machines at people?" Notice the missing "you".
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old October 11th, 2011 (11:12 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

Yeah, I remember that part in Tales of Symphonia 2, but I think that's the worst I've heard from a Tales of Game (and ToS2 is more of a spin-off than a mothership title). If course, I can't say much either since I've only finished Symphonia, Abyss, and Symphonia 2.

For Symphonia though, other than 'What an ass' from Genis (talking about Zelos) there isn't much, though I suppose it depends on what words you considered to be curse words. I don't know how many are in the dialogue of the game, but if you include the words 'Damn' 'Hell' and 'Bastard' as curse words then you have the following (for the main cast derp):
Damn: Three people. Sheena, Kratos, and Zelos say 'Damn' when they die (or in Zelos' case, "Damn... ahaha" and Zelos has 'Damn, I must be a genius!' Four if you want to include Presea and Eternal Damnation
Hell: Kratos and Zelos. Hell Pyre. Of course here I remember clearly one time when Kratos says 'hell', and that's when he kills kvar. :v
Bastard: Lloyd. But only at Zelos, which means only if you take the Kratos route.

Again this is battles and main cast only. I'm too lazy to bother going to a script and counting every 'damn' 'hell' and 'bastard' there are in said script. :P;

</tara has no life but to stare at her voice clips and actually bother to do this>

Old October 11th, 2011 (11:51 AM). Edited October 11th, 2011 by ソラ.
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

I wouldnt know cursing in Symphonia cause i own the Japanese version.
But I do remember them saying "Sh*t", since i know that word in Japanese.
I say bastard alot so I wouldnt mind, I like abyss when they said bastard.
I havent played Symphonia yesterday So imma play it today, I didnt play it yesterday I was tired all day my back was hurting, and well I had school. But I'll play alot today after I pick up my niece :3. I just added the PS2 theme song of Symphonia on my ipod so :D thats makes me happy to have it.
Old October 11th, 2011 (11:57 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially Somuke Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.

Old October 11th, 2011 (12:07 PM).
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially Somuke Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.
Hahha I have to listen to the GC version more I only listened to it once. I get used to the songs more and more by listening to it more than once haha. I'm used to the ps2 cause I sit there and watch the opening while I play the game before i load haha. I also heard the Heroic of the PS2 version which I was like WOW! Haha. I love remixes of the openings in Tales games, Like Meaning of Birth in ToTA how its the same melody of the opening "Karma", and I want to protect you ~ending version~ of Mamoritai of Tales of Graces. I love the creativity of the remixes. :).

Yeah, cause other countries doesnt want kids to be too influence by bad language i guess. (of topic has nothing to do with a tales game but another game) In Kingdom Hearts II, there is a scene, where Donald getting spanked by Daisy in the Japanese version, but in the english version they don't show it at all. (on topic), But I guess its okay, I know they will censor some stuff in ToGF, and im ready for that.
Old October 11th, 2011 (12:19 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

Tales of the Abyss has several tracks in which are different versions of 'Karma', and to be quite honest, they're all my favorite tracks. Of course, I do enjoy the other tracks for Abyss ('Time to Rise the Cross' is amazing; the flute in the track is just... godly), but I've found myself to be enjoying 'Meaning of Birth', 'Mirrors', 'In between 1 and 0' and so on and so forth.

Old October 11th, 2011 (09:44 PM).

the scene I talking to is when your group get seperated and Lloyd the only one left (kratos/zelos tell him to look for derris emblem.) could just be my copy but who know.

anyway cursing for me was like damn and stuff like that, just how i was brought up. and ToS was first game i saw use it alot.

also a question which character had the best desgin and strangest desgin.

best desgin has to go to yuri, idk I just like the desgin of him.

strangest is Alice from ToS2, I just think it just strange.
Old October 11th, 2011 (09:51 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

That makes sense now. I never considered 'damn' a curse word, nor did I ever really consider 'bastard' or 'hell' curse words either.

Mnn... I'm not too sure who I would give the Best Design to. So many people have amazing designs it would really just be easier for me to split them into categories. Like... one with the most epic beard would go to Van, outfit-that-looks-like-it-would-take-forever-to-put-on (long title is long) would probably go to Kratos in his Judgement outside, and so on and so forth. However, it's almost 2am here, so I'm not going to bother with trying to do something like that right now, ahah.

I looooved Alice's design. I think when it comes to Dawn of the New World the one with the weirdest design was her subordinate (not Decus, the other guy) and Marta's dad. But that's just me.

Old October 12th, 2011 (12:41 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Quote originally posted by darklord18:
"If that[]fs not good enough for you."
Actually, I encountered those kind of errors a few times. Not just that time. Probably around 5-7 at most. At first, it made me a little surprised. Thinking that Namco didn't check through the translation properly. But yeeeeah. I got used to it. xD;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links