The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
'Sides, they could always do what the manga did.
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.
Oh, I missed that, I guess.

I'm a little excited for the modernity thing. Are we finally going to get a Tales game that takes place at the height of a technological era instead of thousands of years later when the only technology is stuff unearthed by archeologists? 9_9

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
The manga took both routes and put them together. Zelos lived after betraying them, but Kratos joined them for the final battle. Sort of like what you had said in your previous post.

Spoilers for United World and such nya.
Spoiler:
Not sure at this point if Lloyd is going to learn the details about his mother but he had a nice chat with Zelos before his betrayal scene in the animation. All we know at this point is more Kharlan Heroes and some scene with Kratos and Lloyd. Or... something. Can't say much about the other two camera pics that have given us.
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:00 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
I'm really considering cosplaying for this convention I go to every year called Manifest. o3o
Because I'm really lazy when it comes down to wigs, I'm thinking of just going as Jude from Xillia.
The costume's 90 bucks, though... not to mention shoes... and his gauntlets.
Ooooh, boy. Cosplaying's not cheap. xD;

Anyway, I'm craving Graces. Can't wait for it.
Also, Namdai better make some awesome announcement about Symphonia on Wii U at E3. I know you can do it, Namdai.
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:50 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.
And to add, Baba also said "I assure you it is a completely new mothership tales game."

EDIT: this is where i go that information from a weeks back. Assumptions of new mothership title

It got announced it is Tales of Xillia 2

Here is the logo

EDIT X2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35xRU2zU2A

Last edited by ソラ; June 2nd, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Aww, no. D:
For some reason, I'm kinda disappointed. Ah, well.
Can't really say if it's going to be good or not. Hopefully, it will be.
If Namdai announces the first game over E3, I'd be over the moon, though. o3o
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I was reading one of my friend's plurk and a reason why some people might seem disappointed because compared to the other sequels Xillia 2 is coming out so much sooner after Xillia was released. Not that it wasn't expected as Erica (and I'm sure others) have called it but eh. I can't have an opinion because I never played Xillia.

So lol they lied when they said it would be a completely new mothership title.

NOW TO BUG YOU GUYS WITH NEWS THAT YOU JUST MIGHT IGNORE OVER XILLIA 2

The PV is/was shown in the Tales of Festival so hopefully Animate will be putting it up on their site soon. I wanna see it so bad. But here are the small images from the main website that they put up when they finally put up more info on the episode:
Spoiler:

And finally this on twitter:

Also this which was in the Tales of Magazine. Not a high quality but hopefully there will be a higher quality one soon!:

Spoiler:

You guys can obviously see where my priorities are.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
So instead of an enhanced version, I guess they just decided to go straight for a sequel instead. Hard to get excited when I've yet to play the first game, but definitely looked more modern (the dude's outfit for one)

I guess QTE are the new addition for this entry?
Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:
Quote:
"Tales fans I know you are all excited for Tales of Xillia 2 but all I can tell you right now is to stay tuned!"
source
Quote:
Yep all I can say right now is we are listening to you and please stay tuned for more info.
source
Is Xillia on the table for localization...?

tumblrtwitter

Old June 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:

Is Xillia on the table for localization...?
Here some possibly good news :)
Namco Bandai Has A Little "Surprise" For Tales of Fans In The West
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Awww, yesss! Can't wait for this! : D

Also, translation:
Spoiler:
Yggdrasill: It's almost time... Sister...
*Yggdrasill is planning Martel's revival.
*His wish will finally be fulfilled.
*Colette is taken away because of Zelos's betrayal.
*Will she become the vessel for Martel's soul?
*Lloyd and the rest head to Welgaia for the final confrontation.
Zelos: It's... my win!

Last part:
Kratos: Do you have someone you love?
Yuan: What the hell are you suddenly--??!

Last edited by ~Ryukaa; June 4th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
What's with Pascal's obsession with Sophie in Graces? At first, I thought it was curiosity and admiration. But I just saw a scene where Pascal's friend tries to see which guy would make the best boyfriend for Pascal, then Pascal ended up choosing Sophie! Is there more to her obsession than I originally thought? (Poor Hubert.)

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I don't know much about Pascal but she's some type of researcher right? Couldn't that be it?

In other news the second United World episode has been out for a few days. I think the RAW is on youtube but I'll wait until the subs before linking it (from youtube) here. As for the third and last United World episode that has been postponed until October. I... actually don't mind because the thought of the very first and the very last episodes being released in the same month is actually pretty awesome to me.
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
Would like to join please! ^w^
I've only played Tales of the Abyss, but I'm planning to buy Tales of Vesperia and I'm planning to borrow my older sister's copy of Tales of Graces f (if she has it yet, that is...><)
Please?

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Tales of Xillia got announced officially for North America, and Europe. the Date is unknown but the year is 2013.

Source Tales Series Facebook fanpage
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:09 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Damn, Graces still feels new, I'm still playing Abyss (never gonna stop), and I've yet to play translated Innocence. I need a moment to comprehend this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlfw4756.jpg‎ (4.1 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Excited about Xillia. I heard bad things about it when it was first released but now that I have a few friends who've played it, I really want to. I was going to import if a localization hadn't been announced sometime this year and now I don't have to import. :> (Ugh import prices.) I hope it comes out in early 2013. Maybe I'll even finish Graces before then. Maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful View Post
Would like to join please! ^w^
I've only played Tales of the Abyss, but I'm planning to buy Tales of Vesperia and I'm planning to borrow my older sister's copy of Tales of Graces f (if she has it yet, that is...><)
Please? ^^
AN ANISE FAN. ♥ Welcome. :>

tumblrtwitter

Old July 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
Excited about Xillia. I heard bad things about it when it was first released but now that I have a few friends who've played it, I really want to. I was going to import if a localization hadn't been announced sometime this year and now I don't have to import. :> (Ugh import prices.) I hope it comes out in early 2013. Maybe I'll even finish Graces before then. Maybe.

AN ANISE FAN. ♥ Welcome. :>
From what I heard its coming spring 2013. I'm alright on it. I beat it, just cant wait to know the story even more better. :3
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I imagine we'll probably see it around the same time we saw Graces f this year if they specified Spring 2013. Otherwise, they announced Graces f's localization in February of last year and it didn't come out for a year after that. :( Hopefully we don't have to wait until next summer for Xillia.

tumblrtwitter

Old July 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote:
I imagine we'll probably see it around the same time we saw Graces f this year if they specified Spring 2013. Otherwise, they announced Graces f's localization in February of last year and it didn't come out for a year after that. :( Hopefully we don't have to wait until next summer for Xillia.
Yeah, all i know is the spring 2013 is a rumor. but 2013 is certain which what Namco said.
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Joinin' yo.

All this about Xillia makes me want to finish Graces f up. I'm always drawn back to Rebirth though. :/ I don't think I'll ever finish that one.
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Welcome! :>

I have to finish Graces f too. I was playing with my brother but he never shows much interest in playing and I don't want to go on without him if he does actually want to continue... so I might end up waiting for September and playing with my roommate when he comes back for fall term. ._. Or I guess I could just copy the save file and continue on anyway. Hmm.

I got Tales of Destiny PS2 the other day! Well, borrowed it. :D I can't wait to start. I've never played that game.

tumblrtwitter

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Thanks!

I enjoyed what I played of the Destiny remake. I can't wait til it's fan translated so I can see what was revised about the story and whatnot.

I just have to be in a Tales mood otherwise I find it so hard to get into a game... which is weird considering it's one of my favorite series. ;_;
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I don't know the story to begin with... all I know is what I've seen from the characters in side games. :x

I feel the same way though. Even when I'm in a Tales mood, sometimes I can't play them. I tried playing Legendia the other month and I just couldn't get into it despite really wanting to play a Tales. There's been a lot of hype in the fandom for various reasons though so I'm hoping that sort of rubs off on me so I'll be able to dive into my Tales backlog soon.

tumblrtwitter

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
I love the Tales series! I've been playing since Tales of Symphonia. I love the battle systems of the games and also the characters. Unlike most people, I LOVED ToS2, because capturing monsters was a lot of fun. Emil and Marta were different from most of the Tales characters too, I liked them both. The newly released Graces is great too, it gave me a lot of smiles. I heard Xilia is being brought to the US and I'm really excited for that one!

Oh yes, may I join this club?

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

What kind of curry does Jade eat? There are many different types of curry in the world and I'm no expert but can the type of curry be identified.by looking? I've always wondered which kind he eats.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Quick Reply