Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 15th, 2012 (09:03 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the timeline of events is like this right (at least from the events and speculation I've gathered):

Symphonia > Dawn of the New World > Phantasia > Narikiri Dungeon 1 > Summoner's Lineage

I heard rumors that Vesperia might of been 2000 years after Symphonia, but... eh, rumors and rumor control.

Yeah, most people say that Lloyd named the tree 'Yggdrasil', (which I, myself suspect,) but some even speculate it might of been 'Smphonia' or 'Mithos'.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old September 15th, 2012 (07:07 PM). Edited September 15th, 2012 by U.Flame.
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Yeah that timeline seems accurate. I haven't played Vesperia so I don't know what to make of that theory. If the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is correct, then the Tree's name is officially Yggdrasil.

Despite overwhelming evidence, the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is still only a theory because there hasn't been an official statement or confirmation about it. But it's still very likely true. Phantasia takes place around 4000 years after Symphonia because the Asalian Calender supposedly starts the moment the worlds were reunited.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 15th, 2012 (07:47 PM).
Gaiden

It makes sense~ People also often say that Symphonia is a good candidate too.

By the way, speaking more about timelines, about Tales of Graces, there's something... interesting in this skit. u///u

Sooo um... Abyss and Destiny II sort of have the same timeline as Graces? @_@
Or... is this strictly cameo.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old September 16th, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 16th, 2012 (12:35 PM). Edited September 16th, 2012 by Miss Doronjo.
Gaiden

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.
True, but Nanaly?
I have to question that. xD

...Eh, I don't mean to bombard with questions, and I'm sorry about that, but I just want to ask everyone: If you lived in a world in one of the Tales Games, where would you live? I myself would find Terca Lumireis (from Vesperia) to be pretty subtle and cozy. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old September 18th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Radiant Cool Boy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:

I heard rumors that Vesperia might of been 2000 years after Symphonia, but... eh, rumors and rumor control.
Haven't heard that one. What suggests that both games take place in the same universe?
Old September 18th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

Nature: Gentle
The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.

mod ☆ Go ahead I'm d r e a m i n g now ≡ pairs
Old September 18th, 2012 (12:03 PM).
Gaiden

Quote originally posted by Icebloom:
Haven't heard that one. What suggests that both games take place in the same universe?
I wouldn't know - it was only rumors. Something to do with Mana being developed to Aer, but it's rather vague. I had a hard time understanding it myself.

Quote originally posted by BinaryPeaches:
The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.
Vesperia actually has the term 'Mana', but it's formed from something called Aer. (I'd go on to that point, but it'll involve spoilers). And Blastias use Aer for specific purposes. So yeah, it would be weird.

By the way, have you guys heard about the Aselia Con? Supposedly, it's a Tales Convention that's coming to North America~

You can see the news here: http://aseliacon.webs.com/

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old September 19th, 2012 (12:56 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o
Old September 19th, 2012 (07:09 AM).
Gaiden

Quote originally posted by ~Ryukaa:
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o
Oh yesss, it's a great chance to show em' how much love of Tales we have from overseas. <3 A lot of people hope that this will increase our chances on getting released games too.
I really, really, really hope it comes to Canada someday too. ;w; CANADA MISSES ALMOST EVERYTHIIIING.

By the way, apparently a group called Tales of Outlaw was responsible for Aselia Con. There's a picture of some of them in cosplay here:

Spoiler:

I haven't heard of them before, but I adore the Arietta cosplay~ <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old September 19th, 2012 (10:04 AM).
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Here is some Tales of Xillia ENG screenshots.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.470685462961000.118576.171035032926046&type=1
Old September 19th, 2012 (05:53 PM).
Gaiden

Mmm, english screens already!

Spoiler:

A hundred... what. xD

Oh, and this is the cover art:

Spoiler:

Is it just me, or is this localization going fast. :3 I mean, It's good to be seeing English screens out so quickly. I remember back when Graces was announced there was such a drought of information that we were actually excited to see English text in those Gametrailers videos. Perhaps they're fairly far along and we'll see a release by spring?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old September 19th, 2012 (07:56 PM).
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Oh Europe's boxart got revealed already wow. Yeah going fast, I think it is going to come out 1Q of 2013?? Hm, not too sure.
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:20 AM). Edited September 20th, 2012 by Miss Doronjo.
Gaiden

I'm guessing around spring - summer time, since Ni no Kuni will come out around... the end of January I believe, so fans might be occupied with that for a while.

More news: Famitsu's is going to apparently have Namco's 'big scoop' as it were.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/namco-bandai-special-scoop-in-next-weeks-famitsu

There's no guarantee that this 'scoop' will be anything Tales related at all, but it can be - around the time ToX2 was announced at TalesFes, I seem to remember the word being that there were several Tales in the works. If it's something related to Tales.. I dunno - we can expect a remake or port. (heee, I see other fans speculating it might be Symphonia for 3DS or Wii U~)

But, eh... what do you guys think? Any hopes (if any?)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old October 2nd, 2012 (11:00 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

I'm hoping it's something Symphonia related. After all, Symphonia is going to be reaching it's tenth anniversary next year, and the ending to the animation is actually later this month. (I would post up boxart and such but 've learned that you guys don't care hahaha). But those are my two cents. If it doesn't end up being Symphonia whatever console/portable it's on that will be the next type I get. That said, I'm slightly wishing it'll be for the 3DS since I already want one, but I also want it for the Wii-U (more than for the 3DS) because multiplayer and I'll probably be wanting the Wii-U in the future anyways.

But if it's not Symphonia related that's all right too. It's a little curious to know if it'll be an actual remake or a port. Chances are though it'll probably be a port since Namco has never actually remade a Tales of Game.

Old October 3rd, 2012 (04:23 AM).
Gaiden

I would love to see a Synphonia port~ They could do it like Abyss and make it for 3DS. <3 But yeah, the Wii U is also an awesome idea. Although I won't have much people playing it multiplayer with me. ;-; I already saw the box art xD but yeah, I can't wait for that. :3

Also:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/3/1/3163dd9a.jpg

There's a possible hint that Tales of Vesperia might be a OVA by Ufotable~ ;-; I really hope it doeeeees.

If you guys don't mind me asking a topic question: What do you think is the most useful arte?

IMO, If it's not Indignation, it's Aurora Wall by Reid.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old October 3rd, 2012 (04:42 AM).
rise above the storm
CS

Well there is also Tales of Magazine scans that I can show. But again, no1currs hahaha.

Guess it depends on whether the 3DS is actually the portable that can hold all of Symphonia on it. iirc that's why it wasn't chosen to be ported on other portables in the past. Symphonia is a huuge game, after all.

UFOtable really suits the Tales of Series. They really do. I wouldn't mind seeing something Vesperia made by them. Speaking of Vesperia the price of the game need to go down haha. Was considering buying it but used it was still $35-40 which is actually more than Graces F (and i don't have a PS3 so ... ). If anything I'll buy it online sometime but eh.

As for more useful arte ... I find myself using the Tiger Blade attacks a lot, so I guess to me those would be the more useful. Also Center for Guy. Oh god could I not live without that Tech for him. But that might be because I fought Sync and Arietta using just Guy on occasion in the past.

But this is not including healing artes, because obviously they are quiiiite useful. Especially Raine's broken revitalize that heals the whole screen. I was disappointed when they 'fixed' it in Abyss haha.

Old October 3rd, 2012 (05:23 AM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
I'm interested in seeing the Symphonia OVA stuff, but you might have already shown me on MSN. o3o3o

Personally, I think the idea of having a portable Symphonia would be amazing. I would love for it to be on the 3DS, buuuut. The port of Abyss was really compressed. I wouldn't want to see Symphonia go through the same thing, especially since it's my favourite game in the series. I would much rather it be on the Playstation Vita or the Wii U.

If Ufotable really DOES announce a Vesperia animation, I'll be really excited. : D
It's the Tales game I'm most interested in playing, but I've never had the chance to. I don't own a 360, and I really don't want to use a script to play the PS3 version or anything. Not to mention none of the stores around here have it, anymore. I'd still pick up a copy if I saw one, even though I wouldn't be able to play it. For the sake of having it, I guess. xDD;;

I'll answer the topic question later, since I don't remember the name of the arte I really like to use in Graces f... o3o
Speaking of Graces, I just beat it today. Very impressed with it, I am. : D
One of the best entries I've played so far! I wonder how Xillia is going to fare...
Old October 3rd, 2012 (01:54 PM).
Excuse me?

Please sign me up for this club. The 'Tales of' series has to be my favorite RPG series so far. :>
Old October 9th, 2012 (05:29 PM).
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I'd like to join as well. I LOVE ToS, TotA, and ToV and want to play more. Too bad I don't have a PS3...

AseliaCon sounds... saturating. I'd love to go there. Fort Worth is a long ways from me, though!
Old October 12th, 2012 (02:41 PM).
Excuse me?

Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.
Old October 12th, 2012 (02:50 PM).

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote originally posted by Shdwj:
Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.
I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD
Old October 12th, 2012 (03:04 PM).
Excuse me?

Quote:
I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD
Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.

The Kratos story path was also interesting, but I won't spoil anything for anyone. Although there's that 'spoiler' button feature on this forum. Yeah.

Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.

Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.

Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.
Old October 12th, 2012 (09:31 PM).

Quote originally posted by Shdwj:
Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.
I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.

Quote:
Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.
What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.

Quote:
Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.
For sure. If Xillia came stateside, I'd need a PS3 so I could get that AND Graces. But I don't have the money right now.

Quote:
Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.
Thanks! I spent a long time on that thing. It's not a walkthrough, just some Frequently Asked Questions for a board sticky to reduce the flow of duplicate topics - including Coliseum strategies worked on with other players and various notes about things all over the game. The Word files I have are like 3MB collectively at least... and since the thing required several updates, I tinkered with it a lot, added new questions, took out ones that were to shut certain people up. I also worked on a boss strategy FAQ with another guy... and I still remember a lot even though I haven't played Vesperia in a year and a half. Maybe I should. I never finished my recent run of Abyss though...
Old October 12th, 2012 (09:46 PM).
Excuse me?

[quote="LividZephyr"]I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.[quote]

Haha. I had a feeling the sequel wouldn't be as good, so I didn't bother picking it up. I can't actually say for myself how it is, though. I've heard that some people liked the game, so yeah. What kinda bothered me was that it was on the Wii. I mean, I love the console, but I wasn't so sure how the game would work with the Wii-mote. Although, I guess I should have done a little more research on that.

Quote originally posted by LividZephyr:
What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.
Wow, I didn't know that deal between Microsoft and Namco. I just don't wanna pick up an Xbox because I'm not sure what other games I'd get besides Vesperia, games from the Halo series, and Banjo-Kazooie, nyehehe. :> Aw, well. Maybe someday I'll get to play it. Have you watched the Vesperia OVA? I believe it received an English dub. It's on Bluray, too. Now if only I had the money, hehe.

Sponsored Links