The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2011 (12:56 PM). Edited January 18th, 2011 by thedestinedblade.
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile! View Post
Ah, so Eternia is the only game that used Slash and Thrust?

Reid, yeah. It mainly goes like this:
Normal string combo > Special Skill > Sacred Skill > Divine Skill (if any)
Like you can go X, Down+X, Down+X, > Spiral Attack > Rising Phoenix > Burning Phoenix. Some Special Skills can't be linked to a Sacred Skills (like Double Spiral Attack) but most can, I think. And the Divine Skills that can be linked are only Burning Phoenix and Dragon Demon Chaos. Omega Seal cannot be linked to any other skills; it can only be executed on its own.

I wish Eternia has more Divine Skills though. (I use the term Extension, btw.) And Dragon Demon Chaos is damn hard to pull off. Anytime I use Omega Demon Chaos, I simply mash the button and see if it can extend. The animation is kinda cool.
Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.
Old January 19th, 2011 (05:00 PM). Edited January 20th, 2011 by smile!.
smile!
Kangaskhan

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.
Yeah. XD I rarely try to link them anyway. Mostly I'd just go Rising > Burning Phoenix.

Omega Seal,last move, yes. When both Slahs and Thrust are at L30. On its own, Omega Seal is useless (except perhaps for the stun part. XD). But while the enemy is 'floating' in the air, just before Reid slashes downwards, press the Omega Seal button again. (To avoid missing it, just repeatedly press it, like how you'd try to extend Burning Phoenix XD). It'll extend to Quasi Seal, a one-hit KO move (deals around 20,000 HP) But you have to first satisfy these conditions:

1. Omega Seal has been used at least 50 times.
2. There is only one enemy on the battlefield. (i.e the last enemy)
3. The enemy can be lifted into the air (i.e this technique does not work on heavy/floating enemies)
4. The enemy has less than 20,000 HP.
5. The enemy has a Wind resistance of less than 50% (ergo, could almost never be used on bosses, except Valkyrie.)

Watch this. The third technique used is Omega > Quasi Seal. There used to be one video complete with all skills, summons and Maxwell Extension, but I can't find it now. The one I linked to was okay, but it doesn't have all the summons and team skills extension, and the audio is somewhat... cheesy. :x On the up side, the background music is Garnet Crow's Flying so there's a plus there

Lens, yeah. Because I kinda followed the walkthrough step by step. XD Otherwise, it'll be REALLY hard to find those lenses. x.x
The rewards are Combo Command, Inferi Cape, Celesti Cape, Extreme, Krona Symbol and... a title. lol. I always fail to execute commands properly using Combo Command, so I don't really use it that much.

The capes are nice depending on what enemies you're fighting. (E.g Equipping Reid with a Square Shield, a Flare Cape and an Inferi Cape makes him almost invincible to the fire attacks from the tournaments, each dealing like 1HP of damage; can also be used on Meredy in case you want to have Maelstrom on her. But Waterclouds are better anyway.)

Extreme can only be equipped on some characters; what it does is that it raises a tremendous amount for attack (+300) but lowers Defense and Evade (-200 and -20 respectively). I never used it.

Krona Symbol protects you from all ailments... which isn't really needed because you can simply used the Panacea Bottles or Support Artes to protect the whole team. (Unless, of course, if you get this thing at the BEGINNING of the game, then it'd help a lot. XD) But it is extremely useful if you want to go level-grinding. Equip the character that you want to level up with Krona Symbol and Demon's Seal. Demon's Seal doubles the experience a character gets, but inflicts status ailments on that character. Since Krona Symbol neutralizes that, you can continue bashing enemies without having to worry about being Poisoned or whatever.

And the title is for... bragging rights. lol. And completion purpose.

From all those 3 extensions, which one you like best? XD
And, have you tried out Maxwell's Extension?

...Wall of text. XD

Old January 20th, 2011 (10:29 AM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.
Old January 21st, 2011 (08:27 AM).
smile!
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.
Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell.

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.

Old January 21st, 2011 (08:49 PM). Edited January 21st, 2011 by thedestinedblade.
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell.

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.
Lol, I think we exhausted every avenue of this game. We pretty much have an entire page of just you and I talking about it. Maybe one day they'll decide to make a sequel to Eternia... Doubt it though.
Old January 22nd, 2011 (02:18 AM).
smile!
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Lol, I think we exhausted every avenue of this game. We pretty much have an entire page of just you and I talking about it. Maybe one day they'll decide to make a sequel to Eternia... Doubt it though.
lol, yeah. XD At least it kept the club alive Of there's an Eternia sequel, I wanna see more Mystic Arte D:

Old January 22nd, 2011 (07:44 AM).
Aether
Scion of Lorelei

May I request joinage? :3
Old January 22nd, 2011 (07:47 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
May I request joinage? :3
Of course!

I love your signature, by the way. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 22nd, 2011 (04:25 PM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
lol, yeah. XD At least it kept the club alive Of there's an Eternia sequel, I wanna see more Mystic Arte D:
You seem to have quite an obsession with Mystic Artes, lol. You really should play some of the newer games. ToD got a sequel when I thought the ending didn't leave much for one, so you never know.
Old January 23rd, 2011 (10:12 AM).
Aether
Scion of Lorelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post

Of course!

I love your signature, by the way. :3
Thank you, it's just a cute snippet from the the Symphonia OVA.
Quote:

You seem to have quite an obsession with Mystic Artes, lol. You really should play some of the newer games. ToD got a sequel when I thought the ending didn't leave much for one, so you never know.
If any game has ridiculous mystic arte usage it would have to be Abyss. You can spam them almost every other encounter. I used Luke's mystic arte against the first boss like five times on a Very Hard playthrough. It was pretty funny.
Old January 23rd, 2011 (01:19 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Uwaaah. Genis x Presea. <3 That's only my HeteroOTP in Tales of Symphonia. Oh Genis, you're so silly.

I completely agree with you on the Mystic Artes in Abyss though. You wouldn't believe just how many times I spammed Guy's Mystic Arte, because I usually played as him (after playing as Lloyd, Luke was too slow for me. Presea is probably the only slow character I can play well.)
Old January 28th, 2011 (06:50 AM).
smile!
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Yeah =[ I would like to. XD

And I AM obsessed with Mystic Arte. XD I used go and search for videos of them. ^.^

Speaking about Abyss, I love its Indignation animation. It's COOL 8D

And someone mentioned Presea, which jogged my memory about something someone said Presea said... It goes like

Quote:
If you open the iron maiden before it grants its wish, you will be cursed. First you will experience a churning stomach illness, and diarrhea for 77 straight hours. Then, for the following 777 days, the king of demons will appear and stick his finger up your nose. Every. Single. Day. ~Presea Combatir
I lol'd a lot at this.

Old January 28th, 2011 (07:30 AM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Ah yes. That was one of my favorite moments of ToS2 (in fact... all of my favorite moments include the original cast). I think she started to learn from someone. Who it is I can only make a guess (unless they've said something and I've completely forgotten it).

So, I was actually trying to pull off the Eternal Sword glitch yesterday in ToS while [s]trying[/i] to face Abyssion. Apparently my timing sucks, because I keep on starting Falcon's Crest too early. :V
Old January 28th, 2011 (10:58 AM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/na...-localization/

What do guys think of that? You never know with Namco-Bandai though, so I won't believe it till I have the game in my hands.
Old January 29th, 2011 (12:48 AM).
Aether
Scion of Lorelei

Quote:

What do guys think of that? You never know with Namco-Bandai though, so I won't believe it till I have the game in my hands. :laugh:
There is a 99.5% chance that this is legit. But we'll find out on the 2nd for sure. I'm probably going to end up investing in a PS3 for this.
Old January 29th, 2011 (01:34 AM).
smile!
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Ah yes. That was one of my favorite moments of ToS2 (in fact... all of my favorite moments include the original cast). I think she started to learn from someone. Who it is I can only make a guess (unless they've said something and I've completely forgotten it).

So, I was actually trying to pull off the Eternal Sword glitch yesterday in ToS while [s]trying[/i] to face Abyssion. Apparently my timing sucks, because I keep on starting Falcon's Crest too early. :V
What's the Eternal Sword Glitch?

Quote:

What do guys think of that? You never know with Namco-Bandai though, so I won't believe it till I have the game in my hands.
Tales of Graces. Never played that game before. Yeah... Is it good? XP

Old January 29th, 2011 (07:36 PM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Well, I doubt any of us have played Graces since it hasn't been released outside Japan. This is exciting news though. You may not know since you haven't played beyond ToE, but Namco-Bandai has been really stingy on what they decide to localize.
Old January 30th, 2011 (05:11 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
What's the Eternal Sword Glitch? :P

Tales of Graces. Never played that game before. Yeah... Is it good? XP
The Eternal Sword Glitch is a glitch in Tales of Symphonia in which Lloyd uses the Eternal Sword rather than the Material Blades. To put it simply, Lloyd must have his Eternal Swordman title and the Material Blades. Right when he gets KO'd by an enemy, you activate his Hi-Ougi/Special Tech Falcon's Crest. The timing has to be perfect though (where I keep messing up). If you do it correctly, when he gets revived by either Sheena's Purgatory Seal or Raine's Resurrection, he'll be fighting with the Eternal Sword instead.
Old February 2nd, 2011 (09:45 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Hello, joining. :D I've played Symphonia (and its sequel), some of Legendia (didn't like it), Abyss, Vesperia, Eternia, and some of Innocence (I got stuck T_T). And possibly others that I've forgotten, haha.

I come bearing the news that ToV PS3 might be released in English. :D It was teased in the same manner that Tales of Graces (f) was the other day so... fingers crossed for the announcement today. \o/

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 2nd, 2011 (09:58 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Added!

Yeah, I heard Tales of Graces F might be localized as well! [The costumes are nice and nostalgic. :3]

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 2nd, 2011 (10:03 AM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Obviously, the ToG announcement takes precedent for myself, but getting the PS3 port of ToV would be a nice added bonus. Wasn't a big fan of Vesperia, so maybe some added content and a new character could change my mind.

This gets my hopes up for them eventually localizing the new PS3 Tales title in development as well.
Old February 2nd, 2011 (10:23 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not actually excited... at all for Graces. :( I dislike the character designs and hearing about all the issues with the Wii version really turned me off the game. I'd probably still get it anyway though, just to support the Tales series here so they'll localize more games. @_@

I do want Vesperia PS3 though. :[ I really liked most of the game and wouldn't mind seeing the extra stuff.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 2nd, 2011 (03:48 PM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Imma join if I may.

http://ataleoftworichards.com/ < -- so getting this one. I was gonna import it.
I never played a Tales of Game. But I am really planning to :D
Old February 2nd, 2011 (03:58 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I added ya in! <3

I'm going to plan on playing tales of graces as well, but, I'm more excited for Tales of Vesperia for PS3 myself~ Because I ALWAYS want to try Patty. D=

Patty's MA is really interesting. :3 [cause its pretty luck based. =o]

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 2nd, 2011 (04:03 PM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
I seen friends that imported ToV for the Ps3. and ToG, and ToGF. it got me hooked in. and I dont have a import Wii and im not hacking it to play it so I am waiting to get a PS3 and I did and I was going to import it till my friend said "they might bring it over to america" and I was like "Imma wait then.". But then It got announce for america and i was like :O OMG. So :3 I am happy. I was gonna import Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X But I couldnt D:

Sponsored Links