The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I think the problem I have with Symphonia is that, while it had a lot of good characters, it had too many characters. :( There were 9 party members and it tried to focus on all of them at once but it meant that everyone was overshadowed by everyone else. So you had to do so many playthroughs of the game just to find out everyone's real backstory whereas in other Tales games, you don't have to put in so much work to understand everything (or if you do, it's through sidequests and you can get the _whole_ story by just doing one complete run).

:( Like, with Zelos, you have to specifically choose him at Flanoir just to get his vital background story. When I think back on the game (which I probably played ~3 times--a lot more than most people sadly), it takes me a while to remember what the main events for each character were and that's because it's so hard to get them all. :< And that's not even counting people who weren't in the party like Mithos, Yuan, etc. I'm glad that the animated series is giving some of the ignored characters a bigger chance to shine. n_n;

/still annoyed that they made Kratos' judgment outfit less awesome looking ;_;

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
That's true. I've noticed a few things like that. For example, Genis and Raine didn't really shine until they hit Tethe'alla, when they learned they were half-elves. Sheena didn't really shine until Volt, and so on and so forth.

For the most part, that's the case with both Kratos and Zelos. In fact, the game pretty much forces you to play at least two playthroughs in order to get the whole back story on everything, and for you to see both 'endings', even if there isn't too much of a difference, just no Zelos in one of 'em. I've played the game . . . countless times (5+ probably, orz), and sometimes I still get confused on where to go next, because of all the stories. That would have to be one good thing about the animation even if Genis is still being comic relief bait right now. hopefully that'll change when they meet Mithos. Same goes for Raine.

Nevertheless, Tales of Symphonia is still my favorite game. xD;

I know, right? ;_; They say Zelos' hair is hard to do, but let's face it, they had so much trouble with Kratos' they had to make it less awesome. :(
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Speed
Skyward

Nature: Quirky
I wanna give Symphonia another try since I never finished it, but I can't find my First disc, only the second. D:
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Raiskit
[ e v i l l i g h t ]

Send a message via AIM to Raiskit
You really should~ It has such a wonderful storyline. :o Ouch, I hope you can find it.

" She resolved herself to do this even if it [ cost her life ] "
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Speed
Skyward

I'll probably look for it one of these days that I'm not busy, probably Sunday. I need a tales game to hold me off until Graces. XP
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
They didn't mention anything about the release date, did they?

And you said you've only played Phantasia, Symphonia and Symphonia 2, no? So there's quite a bit of titles to try out and keep you occupied in the meantime.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Speed
Skyward

No, not yet. all we have is that NA is getting it, but no release date or what console it might be on.

I wanted to try and pick up Abyss eventually, but I'm busy with Persona 4, and I haven't even played that in a few weeks since I've been so busy.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

It'll definitely be for PS3. I'm hoping the release date isn't at the end of this year. :/

lol, Persona 4 can definitely take up a lot your time if you get really into it. Abyss would be a nice place to start though. Most people enjoyed it; I did for the most part. Despite a few problems here and there it was rather fun.

Last edited by thedestinedblade; February 5th, 2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Speed
Skyward

I hope it is, I love the graphics, and they just wouldn't look as good on the Wii.

Well, I maxed out about 110 hours in FES, and I'm already at the 2nd dungeon with 20 hours. I either take my time, or JRPGs are really long. xD

Abyss is 50+ dollars on Amazon though. D: I'll try looking for it on ebay later.
Old February 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
If it was Abyss that I keep seeing at a Gamestop where I live and not Symphonia, I would honestly ask you where in Florida you live though I highly doubt you live in the same area as me. XD;

Yeah. Abyss is a nice Tales of Game. Though I do think you should try to replay Symphonia and beat it. But, this is because I prefer Symphonia to Abyss, even after thinking I liked Abyss more. Frankly, I was quite wrong.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:15 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

For some reason, sealed copies of Abyss go as high as $80. I'm not sure it's considered a rare game, but it's probably better to look for copies in various shops in whatever city you live. The online prices fluctuate quite a bit.
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Aether
Gentleman in Training

Nature: Modest
According to Bamco's website, Graces has a designation of TBA for what platform it's going to be on. Ya think it might come out on Wii too?
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Tales of Graces F is the one getting localized, and that was solely for PS3. I don't think they'll localize the original version for the Wii that was supposedly riddled with quite a few bugs.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

There IS rumour that they're redoing the Wii version as well in Japan, so there's a chance it could be for that or they could release both versions (doubtful). @_@ But the fact that they haven't bothered saying what platform the game is for is a bit confusing.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Speed
Skyward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
If it was Abyss that I keep seeing at a Gamestop where I live and not Symphonia, I would honestly ask you where in Florida you live though I highly doubt you live in the same area as me. XD;

Yeah. Abyss is a nice Tales of Game. Though I do think you should try to replay Symphonia and beat it. But, this is because I prefer Symphonia to Abyss, even after thinking I liked Abyss more. Frankly, I was quite wrong.
I've never seen Abyss at a gamestop though, only Symphonia. Also, I live in South Florida. D:

And I'll find Symphonia first, play through it, then get Abyss.
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Joey's Rattata
Top Percentage

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joey's Rattata
Wha-! How did I miss this?

I'm a huge Tales fan! May I join this?

I own:

Tales of Destiny PSX
Tales of Destiny - Director's Cut PS2
Tales of Destiny 2 PS2
Tales of Symphonia GC
Tales of the Abyss (PS2, not going to import the 3DS version due to region lock)
Tales of Vesperia X360
Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 1 PSP
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X PSP
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Wii
Tales of VS PSP
Tales of Phantasia GBA

Heh, yeaaah, guess I own quite a few? ; Hope I can join! : D

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

We meet again! I only own like half those games. =P

I think I saw a abyss copy at Gamestop as well; Symphonia I found at a Teddy Bear workshop~ [yeah, it was a video game / card store as well.]

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey's Rattata View Post
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)
Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go. :\

Btw, how is it?
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Joey's Rattata
Top Percentage

My Abyss copy was bought used in a GameStop, as well as my copy of Symphonia.

My copy of Symphonia was rather beat up, though. It often gives me "disc cannot be read" errors. Really annoying, because I have to save all the time while grinding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom
Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go.

Btw, how is it?
There isn't a translation guide for most of Graces, but the youtube user KurusuTatari has subbed some of it.

To get through the game itself, I've been using a guide...

Although said guide is really crappy, I have no idea what to do anymore. My friend who beat the game is going to help me, once I can be arsed to take a screenshot of the "NEXT". (When you press a button, a little reminder pops up telling you what to do. My friend can read Japanese, so he's going to help me. lol)

The game is quite fun, it's surpassed my expectations. I honestly didn't expect to ever find a game that had as enjoying of a battle system as Destiny Remake, but boy was I surprised!

The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.

And if you look at GameFAQs for Tales of Destiny 2, there's a story guide. There's also a script, but I can't post urls until I hit 15 posts... :/

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Speed
Skyward

I just went on Gamestops website, and the Gamestop a few blocks away from me have Abyss AND Symphonia. I'm going to look for Symphonia tomorrow, if I can't find it I'll just buy a new copy, including Abyss. :D
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Quote:
The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.
lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joey's Rattata
Top Percentage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D
Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Quote:
Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!
The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joey's Rattata
Top Percentage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.
Hm, really? Isn't Jude the healer of the game as well? That sounds pretty original for a main character to me.

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Speed
Skyward

I'd probably import Xillia if it doesn't get localized, it looks that good.

And why does everyone here live in Florida?

Sponsored Links