The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2010 (09:46 AM). Edited November 12th, 2010 by Mew~.
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
For those of you that don't know, the dubbed version of the Pokemon ranger anime special aired exclusively on the Pokemon.com website yesterday.

You can watch the episode: Here (No ilegal content, you can watch this legally)

What were your thoughts on the dub?

All in all I liked the voice actors for most of the episode. Im not sure I liked bens voice but it does kinda suite him :\.

What I find funny is Raikou is now pronounced different in both of the specials it's appeared in xD

Old November 16th, 2010 (07:04 PM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I forgot to post my thoughts on this before I did something better with my time. Why is it that all of the Pokémon Ranger specials are so bad? This one is terrible and the only reason I watched it was so I can give this thread a post. Ben 's voice is decent still. Pokémon Pinchers is such a crappy name as well. What were they thinking when they gave them that name. oh? Is that "As Long As I Can Hold My Breath"? The only good part of this special I guess. Red Eyes is a terrible name for a villain as well. I surprised that Pichu didn't shock himself as well. Oh well. They switched up Raikou's name again? Why? Oh well, bad special was bad anyway.
Old November 16th, 2010 (07:20 PM).
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
At last! They have the English dub up. I've been wondering when they would have it up. Red-Eyes voice is pretty good actually. I somewhat imagine him having that voice.

Capture styler: Cranidos is under the enemy control
Ben/Natsuya: Right..... I got that.

That part I liked. I wish they kept his Japanese name, Natsuya but thats English dub for you. The main thing that annoyed me the most was the Narrator but the Narrator always annoy me a bit when I watch the show so that's not new. Lol they miss pronounced Raikou? That made me laugh a bit.
Old November 17th, 2010 (06:22 PM).
Vernikova

Isn't his name Ben in the games though? I'd like to think that Raikou can be pronounced in different ways though.
Old November 18th, 2010 (05:17 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
I forgot to post my thoughts on this before I did something better with my time. Why is it that all of the Pokémon Ranger specials are so bad? This one is terrible and the only reason I watched it was so I can give this thread a post. Ben 's voice is decent still. Pokémon Pinchers is such a crappy name as well. What were they thinking when they gave them that name. oh? Is that "As Long As I Can Hold My Breath"? The only good part of this special I guess. Red Eyes is a terrible name for a villain as well. I surprised that Pichu didn't shock himself as well. Oh well. They switched up Raikou's name again? Why? Oh well, bad special was bad anyway.
Because Nintendo of America assigned their worse translation teams to it and they came up with crappy names to it? (I wonder what names Bill Trinen would come up with.)

Natsuya was soulless as heck in this as opposed to his depiction in the main series. In fact, just about everyone was plain. (Just as plain as the characters in the translated game - also blame NoA for having such crappy translation.)

I found the special to be really awkward, what with the forced explanations of most ranger concepts and stuff. That stupid narrator wasn't helpful either.
Old November 19th, 2010 (04:22 AM).
Vernikova

I didn't realize that my statement was a question.

I don't mind Ben being soulless either. It was just a ten minute ad anyway so it didn't need to have any "attractive" characters.
Old November 19th, 2010 (09:06 PM).
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Saw it last week, but didn't comment. Not much to say, other than that I wish it was longer. This should have been like the Mystery Dungeon specials... It did still make me kinda want the game, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
Is that "As Long As I Can Hold My Breath"?
Yep, it played when Ben was capturing Pichu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar
Lol they miss pronounced Raikou? That made me laugh a bit.
Actually, they pronounced Raikou's name correctly. 4kids messed it up in "The Legend of Thunder!" :P
Old November 19th, 2010 (09:51 PM).
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
Actually, they pronounced Raikou's name correctly. 4kids messed it up in "The Legend of Thunder!"
Wow really? Well the way 4kids says it is better though.

The way in the ranger episode sounds like Rai-Cal.

Sponsored Links