Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Questions & Feedback This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 13th, 2010 (08:18 PM).
GameFortress
Beginning Trainer

I posted a game I created in the correct forum, the showcase, and it said a moderator would review my post and confirm whether it should go up. Well it hasn't showed up yet and its been like 5 days.

Didn't show up in the drawing board either. Although It should be in the showcase as its got a youtube video and like 8 screenshots.
Old November 13th, 2010 (08:21 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
You should PM one of the moderators in that section and ask what was wrong with it and what you can do to improve it. Being a moderator with a section that relies on thread approval, I'll be honest and say that sometimes I don't see it. So that could also be the issue. But just PM/VM them about the matter and I'm sure they'll get to you as soon as they can.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old November 13th, 2010 (08:24 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Your thread wasn't approved because you had links to several different sites, including a forum which isn't allowed. And your plot didn't mean the requirements. You're supposed to have 15 lines of text in your final post. You had about 8.

So, remove the links, and extend your plot a bit. Then your thread will possibly be approved.
Old November 14th, 2010 (12:17 AM).
GameFortress
Beginning Trainer

Alright thank you for letting me know.

I will make the changes. You can delete this thread now if you want :)
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:03 AM).
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
You guys should have an automated PM sent to the owners of declined threads with reasons. Could potentially save you some time.
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:39 AM).
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
I can agree with this. Not only will it save time, but it will stop obsesive PMing the Mods, aswell as better informing of all those that don't get their threads approved.

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:58 AM).
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I strongly agree with that. There really ought to be some notification as to why a thread is declined...and a system that does that would be really welcomed.
+
Old November 14th, 2010 (05:18 AM).
dragonite149
I am not male

Nature: Relaxed
I agree with JakeyBoy. I posted two RP threads, and they haven't got approved yet.
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:24 PM).
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Well, if you follow the exact specifications of the section you won't have to worry about your post not getting approved, so you won't need to know why. :/
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:27 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Usually a PM is sent to the thread creator letting them know why their thread wasn't approved. Unfortunately, I never ended up PM'ing GameFortress.
Old November 14th, 2010 (04:41 PM).
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Quote originally posted by Cilerba:
Usually a PM is sent to the thread creator letting them know why their thread wasn't approved. Unfortunately, I never ended up PM'ing GameFortress.
Which is why I suggested it be an automated process, so that the PM would never accidentally be forgotten about, and it's ever so slightly faster than declining and then going to the user's page to write the PM. I'm thinking similar to the report system. However, it is quite a minor thing, so it doesn't really matter if you guys get it 99 out of 100 times.
Old November 14th, 2010 (06:56 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Quote:
Which is why I suggested it be an automated process, so that the PM would never accidentally be forgotten about, and it's ever so slightly faster than declining and then going to the user's page to write the PM. I'm thinking similar to the report system. However, it is quite a minor thing, so it doesn't really matter if you guys get it 99 out of 100 times.
Seems like a good idea, but the only problem I see is that for the sections that get a lot of threads that need to be approved, it'll spam up the moderator's inbox.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old November 14th, 2010 (07:38 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Why not have a sub-forum where threads that aren't approved are moved to? A moderator can reply saying why it wasn't approved and possibly give tips on how to get it approved if appropriate. Just seems a lot better than deleting it, since there's no guarantee that a PM would be sent out and I don't think there's a plugin at the moment for something like that. Audy's pretty busy these days and has a lot on his offline life to deal with that's a priority, so saying he could code it isn't that reasonable.
Old November 14th, 2010 (07:44 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Quote:
Why not have a sub-forum where threads that aren't approved are moved to? A moderator can reply saying why it wasn't approved and possibly give tips on how to get it approved if appropriate. Just seems a lot better than deleting it, since there's no guarantee that a PM would be sent out and I don't think there's a plugin at the moment for something like that. Audy's pretty busy these days and has a lot on his offline life to deal with that's a priority, so saying he could code it isn't that reasonable.
I like this. When I look at the Challenge forum, it's insanely cluttered and it makes me not like looking there. So I'm all for this.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old November 14th, 2010 (07:52 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I wouldn't mind that at all, when I PM members I include that information regardless, it would probably also help members improve their own threads before posting them - knowing what's been denied in the past.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old November 14th, 2010 (11:08 PM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I don't like that... it's just putting everyone's embarrassing mistakes on display for all to see.
Old November 14th, 2010 (11:19 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
^ That could be solved by say having the forum set so members can only view their own threads. Still, I would think it possibly for deleted threads to be viewable by the member with the reason displayed next the the thread titl (like deleted posts)?
Newest article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 15th, 2010 (03:14 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
I don't like that... it's just putting everyone's embarrassing mistakes on display for all to see.
It isn't really a 'name and shame' forum. However, I do believe that it would it would allow people to look at their mistakes and learn from them.

If people followed the rules from the start, their topic wouldn't need to be placed into that forum.
Old November 15th, 2010 (05:47 AM).
DirtyChimp
Booted out - don't be like me!

Hmm, seems like this forum has a lot of problems with power tripping mods.
Old November 15th, 2010 (06:41 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by DirtyChimp:
I don't see where you're getting that from, but "okay."

The sub-forum is something I can agree with. Other than knowing why their thread was unapproved, they can start working on it again, and run it pass the mod(s) before having it posted for approval once more. Which I believe is what Yuoaman was leading to.

As for embarrassment, the sub-forum can be set so only the creators of the thread, and the staff can look into them. However, I don't see it as a wall of embarrassment for members, but more of a way of showing what your mistakes were and fixing them. In many ways can this also help other beginners if they have the privilege of viewing them. Either way is fine with me.
Old November 15th, 2010 (07:36 AM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

And you're getting this from where exactly?

And that is what I was getting at, as it is, if the member isn't contacted they won't know what exactly in their thread requires attention, which can become quite the problem.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old November 15th, 2010 (09:12 AM).
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

yes. the mods keep tripping over the power cord to the server.

this is the secret to all those database errors.
Old November 15th, 2010 (09:37 AM). Edited November 15th, 2010 by JakeyBoy.
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

What on earth could a mod do with the powers they get? And how would it even apply to this thread?

Anyway, the subforum thing is an ok idea as well. Regarding embaressment: not that is ever likely to work, but having other people's mistakes on display could encourage people not to make that mistake themselves.

(Also, Sydian, unless you are talking about a secret mod ninja power that I am not aware of, I wasn't meaning sending alerts to the mods - I was meaning sending PMs to the rejected thread owners as the rejection was being submitted. Think of your rejection button or whatever leading to a page with a box that makes you write up a reason for deletion, which gets sent to the thread owner under the title "Your thread "XXXX" has been rejected")

EDIT: For anyone still in doubt, this is the jist of what I meant. Spoilered for massive.
Spoiler:
Old November 16th, 2010 (03:23 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
OK, well knowing that problem has already been solved. If what Cilerba said was the case, then that really was the case. Just remember, if a thread isn't approved, then it means that it doesn't meet the requirements for the forum that you're posting in.
So three things:
  1. Check the requirements... they should be in the stickied rules for the forum that you're posting in.
  2. Be patient and wait for your thread to get approved.
  3. If your thread doesn't get approved by 2 days, don't hesitate to ask one of the Moderators in the forum, they are listed on the bottom right corner of any forum/section. And ask them why your thread wasn't approved, they will always tell you. Oh and I'm sure they'd reply in 24 hours, so don't worry. ;)
Quote originally posted by The 100 Mega Shock:
yes. the mods keep tripping over the power cord to the server.

this is the secret to all those database errors.
How would they exactly have a cord? (well maybe for a computer they would) PokéCommunity is not a buisness... it's a forum for Pokémon fans. The database errors are caused by just some impairment in the database, that is all. The database doesn't run on a cord, and the staff live in many different parts of the world... so how exactly would they live in one building, eh? And don't worry, the database errors do get fixed in the end, Steve always fixes the database and eliminates any problems that would be causing the database errors. Not to get off topic or anything, but they did close the Username Change thread for a reason, y'know. :o
And of course... it's an SQL database. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old November 16th, 2010 (03:42 AM).
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I definitely think if there were any way that a moderator could generate a message to the user of the rejected thread that would be quite nice. Perhaps if we can't implement what Jakeyboy there is showing...if we can implement such a forum with special permissions so that only the creator and staff can see the thread that would work too.

If that's just a fail idea...how about we set special permissions for moderated forums so that members can still only read their own soft deleted threads? Would that be so hard to implement forum wide? Members don't need to see other's soft deleted threads, that's why those threads were soft deleted...they needed to be removed from the public eye. I certainly think that way a mod could post inside that thread, soft delete it and it still appear to the creator. Creator opens the thread, reads what the mod has to say, recreates the thread, improves it so it can be approved, and voila! Mod approves the better thread and everyone lives and learns!

I am suggesting this because I know it's possible. If you can view the soft deleted comments of your blog, why wouldn't it be possible for threads, and would it really be that hard or harmful to give members the permission to see their own deleted threads so long as they couldn't edit or post in them?
+
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links