Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokémon The Movie Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 4th, 2014 (11:26 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Sam24.
Sam24

Pokémon
The Movie Game

Introduction
Hey! I've always wanted to upload my own Pokémon Essentials game. May as well do it now.
At first I planned to upload a demo when I released this thread, but some issues with compressing the game caused it to go into the Developing Phase but now with those issues fixed I can now Upload the demo properly.

Plot
Spoiler:
Anyone who has seen the Pokémon Movies will immediately know what the plot is based about. You are taken through all the Movies from the very first film to the more recent films.

If you haven't then here's a quick rundown:
You play as Ash, companied by his friends, as you go through certain towns in the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the Unova region where you enter some of his most remembered adventures.

These specific adventures resolve about the Legendary Pokémon in that region(e.g. Mewtwo) and are more life threatening.
All these adventures happen in different time periods so your party and your image will change overtime depending what Pokémon were used in the movie.
For example one movie you'll be using Pokémon from the classic Kanto Region then the next few movies that come you'll change to Pokémon used in the Johto Region.

As for any side plots, there isn't anything special except for a youngster rival you encounter during your adventure who, like Ash, starts with energy, thriving to be a Pokémon Master, better than anyone else, including you. After you finish certain events in a town you are likely to encounter him with more experience and he also grows, changes appearance, and his party as you go through the different regions.

Features
Watch your favourite movie scenes in overworld game style.(e.g. Tears of live, Lugia's song, etc.)
Soundtrack taken from multiple Pokémon games, the Pokémon Anime and other games.
Training is easier: Only certain trainers will register you and will ask for rematches much faster.
Mystery Gifts giving you access to certain backstories or side plots (e.g. Pikachu Shorts, Mewtwo's origin, etc.)
Pokémon only moments are given in a Mystery Dungeon type of style.
Multiple Ash costumes and costumes from characters from multiple Pokémon game.
The ability to replay movie events without having to start a new game.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Progress
For each beta I plan to release there will be two new movies plots. This list will show you what movies I've done.
Spoiler:
Mewtwo Strikes Back
The Power of One
The Spell of the Unown
Celebi: Voice of the Forest

The Guardian Gods of the Water Capital: Latios and Latias
The Wishing Star of 7 Nights - Jirachi
Destiny Deoxys
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
The Rise of Darkrai
Giratina and the Sky Warrior
Arceus and the Jewel of Life
Zoroark: Master of Illusions
White\Black-Victini and Zekrom\Reshiram
Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice
Genesect and The Legend Awakened

Other progressive stuff I'm doing
Spoiler:
Taking break for now.

Support banner

Want to help?
If you wish to help, or give me any type of resource or info please PM me!
Things I'm most interested in,
Tilesets
Spoiler:
Anything from Pokémon game tilesets to any custom tilesets. One thing I'm looking for is tilesets based on certain scenes in movies (e.g. Mewtwo's Stadium)

Scripts
Spoiler:
This can be either game scripts or movie scripts. Getting movie scripts makes it easier than having to repeatedly watch the movies. Game scripts for Pokémon Essentials will also be good.

I'm also open to anything like sprites of side event ideas.

Downloads to all games: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=c5550f23beb632a3&id=C5550F23BEB632A3%21159&ithint=file,zip&authkey=!ADx5aThLd4Z1yVM
Beta 1.0
Spoiler:

Demo includes: First two movies
: Ability to change to Red
: Few custom trainer sprites
: Ability to replay movies
(Side note: At the beginning of this demo you'll be given 6 Pokéballs. TOSS THEM! You're not suppose to obtain Pokémon this early in the game.)

Beta 2.0
Spoiler:
Demo includes:
The two new movies
The new costume Gold! (Kind of....)
NEW INTRO!
Some sprites re-adjusted or re-made.
Poké ball error fixed
Certain cut scenes fixed

Credits
Lead developers: Sam24
Sprites: Meowth (Raymond Sprite)
Lunardusk (Dragonite Messinger)
MissingLukey (All Overworld Pokemon *Shinys and forms included*)
Scripts: Dragonite
Other staff: Creators of Pokémon Essentials
Creators of RPG Maker XP
Useful websites: The Spriters Resource
khinsider.com(Video Game Music)
(If I missed anyone, let me know by PM)
Old July 9th, 2014 (11:06 AM).

good luck with this cant wait until the beta comes out
Old July 11th, 2014 (11:11 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
I really like this project, keep up the nice work! Although I wonder if this can work out, interested in seeing the transitions.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old July 11th, 2014 (08:53 PM).
EpicStudios

Nature: Quiet
This looks Interesting but how are you deal with Ash's Different Teams in the Movies?

Old July 12th, 2014 (09:18 AM). Edited July 12th, 2014 by Sam24.
Sam24

Update: The Beta is done and ready but I have a big problem and it's stopping me from releasing it. My beta seems to crash or become corrupt everytime I compress it. I know it is a actual problem with the new scripts in version 13 but I don't know how to fix it. It's the main reason why I didn't release a demo the same time as this post. Right now, it's hopeless. I don't how to fix it,I've checked everywhere and keep ending up in dead ends and I'm stuck.I've tried uploading posts, but no one's replying and until I get this fixed I can't upload the demo! If someone could just help me I will be over the moon.

Quote:
This looks Interesting but how are you deal with Ash's Different Teams in the Movies?
Right now I'm not worried about that because my first beta has only the first two movies in it and Ash doesn't change Pokémon in between those two. But I've found a script that allows me to transfer Pokémon to the PC silently which helps.
Old July 15th, 2014 (02:01 AM).
The eyes never lie.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Quilva
Quote originally posted by Sam24:
Right now I'm not worried about that because my first beta has only the first two movies in it and Ash doesn't change Pokémon in between those two. But I've found a script that allows me to transfer Pokémon to the PC silently which helps.
Isn't it easier just deleting all Pokemon in the party and adding new ones? Your choice though i guess.
The rest has gone away.

Old July 17th, 2014 (11:36 AM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by Roaming Murkrow:
Isn't it easier just deleting all Pokemon in the party and adding new ones? Your choice though i guess.
In a way, yes. But I want players to have access to all Ash's Pokémon after the game. You won't have access to the PCs until you've completed the story (that's how I've planned it so far).
Old July 17th, 2014 (12:46 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Radical Raptr
I like this idea of making a game based on all the movies, but ash has many companions, and almost every movie has different pals with him, how are you going to make the game for the time when he isn't in the movie (ie, the time between each movie)

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old July 17th, 2014 (02:18 PM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
I like this idea of making a game based on all the movies, but ash has many companions, and almost every movie has different pals with him, how are you going to make the game for the time when he isn't in the movie (ie, the time between each movie)
I was thinking of doing something where once you leave a town after doing the movie events, you're given a quick rundown of what has happened in-between each movie (moving to different regions, having pals, either Pokémon or friend leave, etc.) before moving on to the next movie.
Old July 17th, 2014 (02:32 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

I was thinking of doing something where once you leave a town after doing the movie events, you're given a quick rundown of what has happened in-between each movie (moving to different regions, having pals, either Pokémon or friend leave, etc.) before moving on to the next movie.
so pretty much, it's just a cut scene in between each story arc?
That's pretty cool
a suggestion, after all the movie stuff is done, to entertain the player, you could have a stadium esq thing, where you can use any of ash's pokemon and play through a bunch of tournaments

Old July 17th, 2014 (04:02 PM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by Saving Raven:
a suggestion, after all the movie stuff is done, to entertain the player, you could have a stadium esq thing, where you can use any of ash's pokemon and play through a bunch of tournaments
That definitely would be interesting. Originally I was just planning to have a normal elite 4 challenge after the main story, with the 4 elites being custom characters and me as the Champion. But I'm open to anything that would add replay value.
Old July 17th, 2014 (04:37 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

That definitely would be interesting. Originally I was just planning to have a normal elite 4 challenge after the main story, with the 4 elites being custom characters and me as the Champion. But I'm open to anything that would add replay value.
Maybe a chance to go through all of the anime tournaments? That would be pretty fun after playing through the movies, and having places to train and maybe catch other pokemon that have appeared in the anime. Just an idea though, you can do what you think is right.

Old July 22nd, 2014 (02:52 PM).
Sam24

Well after a lot of effort, I've finally got a demo up and ready!
Here's the link!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C5550F23BEB632A3%21107

Demo includes: First two movies
: Ability to change to Red
: Few custom trainer sprites
: Ability to replay movies
If I get good feedback I'll continue on with the game.
Old July 23rd, 2014 (09:44 AM).
"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

I've been playing the beta, the first thing is:

1. Battling is quite slow, especially when gaining XP and or losing Hp (Except for critical attacks).

2. The levels of the starter Pokemon are quite low, for example Charizard is level 10 at start, whilist he evolves at 36.

3. When standin near the boat you are cleary talking to Misty but her event ain't there. (Take a look at the image)

4. When the opposite team is using Safeguard you'll get this message "Your team is no longer protected by safeguard".
Old July 23rd, 2014 (10:00 AM).
The eyes never lie.

I feel like there are too many trainer battles, and they are either really slow and hard or completely one sided for you. The maps are a bit blank, but that will probably be fixed when you get better tilesets.

Otherwise it's okay(aside from some minor event errors), this has a lot of potential and i hope you continue making it.
The rest has gone away.

Old July 24th, 2014 (06:59 AM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by Lenin_:
I've been playing the beta, the first thing is:

1. Battling is quite slow, especially when gaining XP and or losing Hp (Except for critical attacks).

2. The levels of the starter Pokemon are quite low, for example Charizard is level 10 at start, whilist he evolves at 36.

3. When standin near the boat you are cleary talking to Misty but her event ain't there. (Take a look at the image)

4. When the opposite team is using Safeguard you'll get this message "Your team is no longer protected by safeguard".

I'll see what I can do about problem 1 and 4.

I've fixed the 3rd issue, now Misty and Brock walk toward you when you've defeated Team Rocket.

At first the level of the Pokémon were going to be around level 20, but after seeing how fast the Pokémon were levelling up, I thought it would be better to reduce the level of the Pokémon otherwise people would have lv 100 Pokémon in no time.

Quote originally posted by Roaming Murkrow:
I feel like there are too many trainer battles, and they are either really slow and hard or completely one sided for you.
I'll reduce the amount of trainers in each area (although I don't want to actually delete any trainers), and see if I can try to increase the speed of trainer battles.
Old August 4th, 2014 (09:48 PM).
Media Arts and Game Development

Nature: Adamant
Wow man! I love this, about to play it.

I can help with stuff, I'm in the process of making my game Pokemon Cosmos which has a demo released

Old August 19th, 2014 (02:06 PM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by Bowlstir:
Wow man! I love this, about to play it.

I can help with stuff, I'm in the process of making my game Pokemon Cosmos which has a demo released
Like I said, any help would be great and I would also be very interested to help you in the development of your game.
Old August 19th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
The eyes never lie.

Didn't notice your game had a support banner, my bad, gonna find a way to add it to sig.
The rest has gone away.

Old August 22nd, 2014 (09:43 AM).
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
epicc for the winn.........?
Old August 23rd, 2014 (05:03 AM).

are you gonna add the movie diancie and the cocoon of destruction and will you be able to catch the legends?
Old August 23rd, 2014 (05:06 AM).

and the lati duo movie and the jirachi movie have the wrong names the lati one is pokemon heros ...let me fetch the titles
Old August 23rd, 2014 (05:08 AM).

pokemon heros latios and latias and jirachi wish maker (even though the other titles sound WAY cooler)
Old August 23rd, 2014 (12:43 PM).
Sam24

Quote originally posted by pokemaster102:
are you gonna add the movie diancie and the cocoon of destruction and will you be able to catch the legends?
You will be able to catch the legends but that would be more at the end of the game.
As for the "diancie and the cocoon of destruction" movie, well, right now I have my hands full with the other movies, but yeah I'll probably put it into the game. Also don't do multiple posts, next time just edit the first post.
Old September 2nd, 2014 (12:57 PM).
Sam24

UPDATE 2/9/14

I thought I may as well show you what I'm doing with the game. So here's some screenshots based on movie 3. Tell me what you think.
Spoiler:

Sponsored Links