The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeonmyhead View Post
Aw, if Lavapho is the rival's signature Pokemon, does that mean we can't have it as a starter?
I almost always choose a fire starter!
This looks great by the way, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Oh, no! You can still pick Lavaoho. However, regardless of what you pick, Flaire will always pick Lavapho.

Thank you!
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Ratty524

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post

Oh, no! You can still pick Lavaoho. However, regardless of what you pick, Flaire will always pick Lavapho.

Thank you!
Why not have her pick the starter that is opposite of yours? I just think it would create more of a challenge if your rival has a type advantage over your main Pokemon in battle.
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
Why not have her pick the starter that is opposite of yours? I just think it would create more of a challenge if your rival has a type advantage over your main Pokemon in battle.
Well, because every other rival does that.

Sure, it would be a challenge, but, her specialty is Fire-type Pokémon. Rest assured, depending on the starter you pick, her Pokémon team will center around trying to beat it.
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM
pancakeonmyhead
Kpop Enthusiast

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to pancakeonmyhead
Quote:

Thank you!
Yay! I like the idea of her Pokemon team trying to center around beating mine. It changes things up a little, more variety.
I like it.

Amanda(Panda). Eighteen-ish. Australia.
Kpop Enthusiast. B2UTY. Awkward.
레그 아만다 제인

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
PokemonPlatnum
nomnomnom.

Nature: Sassy
The artwork in this game is something, I'll be following this game for sure! If you need any help or anything at all drop me a PM, im not very active anymore but I could still help you with a few things if need be.

Official Forum for a Zelda Engine in RMXP, Sign up now!

--------------------------------------------------------
Update Patch 4 Coming Soon.

Old January 19th, 2012, 06:32 AM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
Quote:

Yuppers. :D

Unlike their brethren Grunts in the other regions, these Grunts like to have fun. They'd rather goof off than do actual Grunt work... when their superiors aren't around. When alone with the player, the Grunts joke around and don't often pose a threat. They're more of a friendly battler than a true villains... until an Executive comes around.

However, regarding the fog for the forest, it's there. I haven't posted and updated screenie of the forest, but, I upped the opacity of it. It wasn't really visible, as I can now see

Well, the design itself isn't really... plausible.
I do appreciate your contributions, so, thank you. Just try and make the more... "Pokémon-y."

UPDATE - December 9th, 2011

Sorry, guys.

I've been talking with Abnegation for the past few days, and he said I would get better feedback if I posted more than one screenie instead of giving a wall of text and one measly screenshot. So, from now on.. I'll be posting at least THREE screenshots per update, regardless of the importance. As an added bonus, I'll be adding some of the "official" art of some of the Fakémon within the game. I know it'll please some of you~

However, I've been working on some new stuff! I do have quite a few things to show off this update. With Abnegation's advce, I have remapped and evented the starter town, Frostpeak. I am very proud of this map, mainly because it was my first -good- one!

= Ignore the obvious tile or any grammatical errors you may find. It's late, and I am going to fix them once I get some rest. =

Frostpeak Town
Beginning your adventure, chatting with some locals,meeting your rival and the Pokémon Research Facility.

That's all for now, I hope you guys enjoy!
n_n
wow. man. those screens look amazing elaynii! i also really like the new male grunts. man your game is so awsome... keep it up
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeonmyhead View Post
Yay! I like the idea of her Pokemon team trying to center around beating mine. It changes things up a little, more variety.
I like it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonPlatnum View Post
The artwork in this game is something, I'll be following this game for sure! If you need any help or anything at all drop me a PM, im not very active anymore but I could still help you with a few things if need be.
Thanks, PP. :3

I'll send you a note in a bit. I think you'll make a nice addition to the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
wow. man. those screens look amazing elaynii! i also really like the new male grunts. man your game is so awsome... keep it up
Thanks, flamemaster.

However, in the future, please don't go quoting my entire post. That can eat up my bandwidth quite fast...
RECRUITING

Yeah, I'm looking for a few more team members. My team members are busy with their own games, but, they are still on the team; regardless of that, I do not wish to pester them. :3 Here is what I'm looking for!

Scriptor - I have NO experience with this at all. I do, however, have need for SIMPLE scripts. At most, I need four to five scripts. One script is a bit more complicate than the others, however. If necessary, I am willing to pay/hire.

Spriter - Yes, Rashoumon is still my spriter. However, as she is on a hiatus while she works on her own game, I am learning to sprite. While I am learning, I would love a spriter who can do a little bit of spriting~
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
SilverRio

Can I help out too?I can make the Wyatt and Electra Gym Leader Sprites and Vs Mugshot...If you want me to,that is...And by the way,this game looks awesome!!! ;D I've already done spriting their hair,but.....What kinds of shirts and shoes do you want them to wear??? D: P.S.I'm not a very good spriter,but you can edit the Sprites and Vs Mugshot after I'm done with them and post them here...Please also include if you are having them as Double Gym Battle(E.g:Tate and Liza),or have them battle the player separately.This piece of information is VERY important,so please,please reply...It will be better if they're battling together,as I made the sprites together...I'll be waiting for your Reply!!!

Last edited by SilverRio; February 5th, 2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Making my post better,of course!!!;P
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Twinkle-Chamst
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
I have to say that this game is looking really good!
(I hope you add more fire pokemon in this game... I think game freak hates fire type or something)

I'm looking forward for the completed game and more updates.
Btw, I'm also up to help with the sprites. I'm not that good but at least I know how to sprite XD

@SilverRio: My eyes... lmao.

-I SUPPORT-

Old February 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRio View Post
Can I help out too?I can make the Wyatt and Electra Gym Leader Sprites and Vs Mugshot...If you want me to,that is...And by the way,this game looks awesome!!! ;D I've already done spriting their hair,but.....What kinds of shirts and shoes do you want them to wear??? D: P.S.I'm not a very good spriter,but you can edit the Sprites and Vs Mugshot after I'm done with them and post them here...Please also include if you are having them as Double Gym Battle(E.g:Tate and Liza),or have them battle the player separately.This piece of information is VERY important,so please,please reply...It will be better if they're battling together,as I made the sprites together...I'll be waiting for your Reply!!!
My eyes...

Okay, SilverRio, I've already told you that I need proof of your work before I accept you on the team. Send me a private message with some sort of example and I'll decide then. Still, I don't see how you've sprited my their hair when I haven't even decided on it myself... o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle-Chamst View Post
I have to say that this game is looking really good!
(I hope you add more fire pokemon in this game... I think game freak hates fire type or something)

I'm looking forward for the completed game and more updates.
Btw, I'm also up to help with the sprites. I'm not that good but at least I know how to sprite XD

@SilverRio: My eyes... lmao.
Thanks, Twinkle-Chamst!

I do intend on having some more Fire-types. At the current moment, we do have a grand total of eight Fire-types, but, rest assured there will be more!
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Twinkle-Chamst
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Quote:

Thanks, Twinkle-Chamst!

I do intend on having some more Fire-types. At the current moment, we do have a grand total of eight Fire-types, but, rest assured there will be more!
Glad to hear :)
Fire pokémon are my favourite... there is not enough love for them :p

Hope you release a demo soon! I'd love to test it, hehe~

-I SUPPORT-

Old February 7th, 2012, 02:41 AM
SilverRio

What kind of private message??? D: And even if I'm not going to be a member of your team,I've a suggestion for a game.I was going to use it for a game that I would be creating,but I don't think I can make it,so I'm giving it to you;How about in important battles(Rival,Gym Leader,Elite Four and so on...)we also have after the battle,they have a different sprite?Like,Flaire:Before Battle:Challenging Smile (:< After Battle Sprite: Scowling Sprite D:< Wyatt and Electra:Before Battle:Wyatt:Wink Electra:Challenging Smile (:< After Battle:Wyattmile that says:Ah well... (;> Electra:Complaining D;< And so on...You get the idea,right..?I hope....

Last edited by SilverRio; February 8th, 2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Must I say it again? -_-
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
hoennalone
Beginning Trainer

can I join I subscribe as maper
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle-Chamst View Post
Glad to hear
Fire pokémon are my favourite... there is not enough love for them :p

Hope you release a demo soon! I'd love to test it, hehe~
I personally abused Fire Pokémon, to be honest. xD
Once I get a few more things set up, a demo is possible.

Quote:
What kind of private message??? D: And even if I'm not going to be a member of your team,I've a suggestion for a game.I was going to use it for a game that I would be creating,but I don't think I can make it,so I'm giving it to you;How about in important battles(Rival,Gym Leader,Elite Four and so on...)we also have after the battle,they have a different sprite?Like,Flaire:Before Battle:Challenging Smile (:< After Battle Sprite: Scowling Sprite D:< Wyatt and Electra:Before Battle:Wyatt:Wink Electra:Challenging Smile (:< After Battle:Wyattmile that says:Ah well... (;> Electra:Complaining D;< And so on...You get the idea,right..?I hope....
Yeah, I get what you're saying.
I may consider that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoennalone View Post
can I join I subscribe as maper
We've got plenty of mappers, but, send me an example of your work and I may make an exception depending on the quality.
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
SilverRio

So far I've completed Wyatt's entire head and his eyes,hair,ears,nose and mouth.For Electra,I've just completed her hair and head only.I've decided what clothes they'll be wearing.You can change it if you want when I'm done with it...But about the Vs Mugshot,I'm not sure if I can make it...It's kinda hard drawing the Vs Mugshot...Could you make the Vs Mugshot yourself after I'm done with the sprite and post it here?P.S.About the proof work,my friend Darkliferful from Pokestadium has told me what it is...It means that you want a sample of my work,right?But,this is my first Pokemon trainer sprite!!! D: So how would I give proof work??? D:

Last edited by SilverRio; February 10th, 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Makin' my post better!!!
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM
hoennalone
Beginning Trainer

hello here is my map
I hope I can join
Attached Thumbnails
pokemon_map_rmxp_by_hoenn_alone-d4p9mkx.png‎  
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
So far I've completed Wyatt's entire head and his eyes,hair,ears,nose and mouth.For Electra,I've just completed her hair and head only.I've decided what clothes they'll be wearing.You can change it if you want when I'm done with it...But about the Vs Mugshot,I'm not sure if I can make it...It's kinda hard drawing the Vs Mugshot...Could you make the Vs Mugshot yourself after I'm done with the sprite and post it here?P.S.About the proof work,my friend Darkliferful from Pokestadium has told me what it is...It means that you want a sample of my work,right?But,this is my first Pokemon trainer sprite!!! D: So how would I give proof work??? D:
Yes, that's generally what proof of work means.

You can upload one as an attachment or upload it to an image host such as Imageshack or Photobucket. Before I accept what you've claimed you have sprited, I'll need to see an example. You say it's your first time spriting, so, show me what you've got and I'll decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoennalone View Post
hello here is my map
I hope I can join
The sprites are terribly resized. The paths are missing some tiles and the map is far too empty. It's a basic map at best. Sorry, but, I'm going to have to decline.
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
NawidN
Shadow Nuzlocke Challenger

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NawidN
I see you're still looking for a Scripter and a Spriter. I am none of these.

But I still want to contribute to the project, somehow. I really feel the need to help out in some way. Is that possible? I am great in terms of plotline design and stuff.. I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories.

Can I be of any help in any way?

Last edited by NawidN; February 12th, 2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawidN View Post
I see you're still looking for a Scripter and a Spriter. I am none of these.

But I still want to contribute to the project, somehow. I really feel the need to help out in some way. Is that possible? I am great in terms of plotline design and stuff.. I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories.

Can I be of any help in any way?
Well, is there anything that you truly excel in? Some examples of plotline design and 'stuff' would be? I'd be more than willing to consider you a member on the team given you could contribute in some way.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:04 PM
NawidN
Shadow Nuzlocke Challenger

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NawidN
Quote:

Well, is there anything that you truly excel in? Some examples of plotline design and 'stuff' would be? I'd be more than willing to consider you a member on the team given you could contribute in some way.
I don't know how to phrase my answer on that. The only categories I know about are: Spriting, coding, debugging, story writing, concept art developer, music composer..

I guess story writing? All I can say is that I am very oriented on the philosophical aspect of all the games in the entire franchise, the way the story makes sense, the way every aspect of the game contributes to the story (as it almost always isn't just a "be a pokemaster" or "catch 'em all" story, there is more to it.)

Aaaaaand.. yeah. I guess.. Defining the potential of a certain Pokémon in it's ability and stats. And determining what movepools makes sense on a Pokémon.

As I've said before, "I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories", meaning, I can easily implement anything from other games into this. May it be plotline or folklore-based. It may even be the concept of how to progress through the game. Every official Pokémon game has it's own unique properties in this.

I hope my explanation is understandable and has sufficiently answered your questions.
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:18 AM
SilverRio

Erm...An Example Sprite?Okay,but first you need to tell me Kevin's personality.Kind-Hearted?Shy?Mischevious?Hot-Tempered?Timid?Brave?Naive?Please tell me,or I won't be able to draw the sprite...P.S. You should already know what sprite I'm going to sprite!!!
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
This is coming along quite well my friends, though I would like to see some more screenshots to get a better feel for the game ha.

Don't be worried if your mapping is bad, cause if it is, we can all give you feedback!
Keep it up!
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
SilverRio

Hey Elaynii!How about adding another Rival?Flaire will be the Player's enemy,while the 2nd Rival will be the Player's friend!If you think this idea is good,I can make his sprite.Here's what I think the 2nd Rival's data should be:
Name:Frazz
Likes Ice and Water type Pokemon and attacks,and will always choose Hydrake.Often seen with a frown when his sister,Flaire is around,and often seen with a cheerful smile when the player is around.Many wonder what would his mood be if both the Player and Flaire was around.
Brother of Flaire(He's younger than Flaire).He dislikes his sister,and his sister dislikes him too,and they are often arguing and disagreeing with each other.
Good Friend Of the Player.He and the player has been friends for many years.Many have a theory that it is because of the friendship of Frazz and the Player,whom is Flaire's enemy,is the cause of the bond of hatred between Frazz and Flaire.
Aims to be the Pokemon Champion,the same aim of both the Player and Flaire.
Phew!And,I'm finally done with the sprites!Do you want me to make the in-game sprites too?And by in-game sprites,I mean like when the player is walking around sprite.Anyway,here are the sprites!
Hope I can join!And if you're needing some more info about Frazz,just ask me.I can also give you some scene ideas for Frazz if you want me to.
Attached Thumbnails
Trainer Sprites.jpeg‎  

Last edited by SilverRio; March 10th, 2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Adding something,as usual!
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawidN View Post
I don't know how to phrase my answer on that. The only categories I know about are: Spriting, coding, debugging, story writing, concept art developer, music composer..

I guess story writing? All I can say is that I am very oriented on the philosophical aspect of all the games in the entire franchise, the way the story makes sense, the way every aspect of the game contributes to the story (as it almost always isn't just a "be a pokemaster" or "catch 'em all" story, there is more to it.)

Aaaaaand.. yeah. I guess.. Defining the potential of a certain Pokémon in it's ability and stats. And determining what movepools makes sense on a Pokémon.

As I've said before, "I've also played most Pokémon games, and have extensively researched their stories", meaning, I can easily implement anything from other games into this. May it be plotline or folklore-based. It may even be the concept of how to progress through the game. Every official Pokémon game has it's own unique properties in this.

I hope my explanation is understandable and has sufficiently answered your questions.
Hmm, actually... I think a story writer might actually help me quite a bit! I've been fiddling around with the actual plot and, to be honest, I haven't gotten anywhere. xD;

Your explanation is perfectly understandable and I do thank you for taking to time to actually explain. Welcome to the team, you're assistance will greatly help me and the overall progress of the game. You will come in very handy once I start deciding abilities and moves for all of the fakes within the game! I'll send you a private message containing my methods of contact.

Look very forward to speaking and working with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
This is coming along quite well my friends, though I would like to see some more screenshots to get a better feel for the game ha.

Don't be worried if your mapping is bad, cause if it is, we can all give you feedback!
Keep it up!
Thanks! c:

All this time, I've been practicing slowly improving, so, I think everything may work out in the end~!

Quote:
Hey Elaynii!How about adding another Rival?Flaire will be the Player's enemy,while the 2nd Rival will be the Player's friend!If you think this idea is good,I can make his sprite.Here's what I think the 2nd Rival's data should be:
Name:Frazz
Likes Ice and Water type Pokemon and attacks,and will always choose Hydrake.Often seen with a frown when his sister,Flaire is around,and often seen with a cheerful smile when the player is around.Many wonder what would his mood be if both the Player and Flaire was around.
Brother of Flaire(He's younger than Flaire).He dislikes his sister,and his sister dislikes him too,and they are often arguing and disagreeing with each other.
Good Friend Of the Player.He and the player has been friends for many years.Many have a theory that it is because of the friendship of Frazz and the Player,whom is Flaire's enemy,is the cause of the bond of hatred between Frazz and Flaire.
Aims to be the Pokemon Champion,the same aim of both the Player and Flaire.
Phew!And,I'm finally done with the sprites!Do you want me to make the in-game sprites too?And by in-game sprites,I mean like when the player is walking around sprite.Anyway,here are the sprites!
Hope I can join!And if you're needing some more info about Frazz,just ask me.I can also give you some scene ideas for Frazz if you want me to.
There is already another rival.

The second rival is the opposite gender of what the player chose. These two are the 'friendly' rivals while Flaire is... not so much. I appreciate your contributions, but, I think I have the rivals done at this point. Regarding Frazz's status... neither Willow nor Flaire have the paitence for boys. Flaire isn't the "sisterly" type, either. I do like the idea, but, I'm much too lazy to implement any of that in.

Second thing is, Kevin is not a cowboy and Suri has been redesigned. I have found me a spriter, but, thank you for applying. c:

Oh, and guys... a big update is coming soon, so, keep an eye out! Forgive me for not updating in a while.. I sort of forgot about this thread.
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
RemJr
Beginning Trainer

oh... nyc game i hope its will still keep improving i like the concept and the sprites of the new pokemon i also like the main character kevin which is cool and been wanting him to be the main charcter after i defeated the game pokemon crystal anyways im looking forward in playing this game..... if u need a help about the pokemon spirites i can help i specialize on chicken , reptiles and cats spiriting

Sponsored Links