The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games

Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:35 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Spoiler:

I've recently discovered the awesome anti-meta-ness that is RFG decks.

Old March 25th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
My best friend runs an RFP deck with Macros Cosmos and GEEZ. It tears my Fortune Ladies and Geminis apart, what with their reliance on the Graveyard, especially Geminis.

Spoiler:
Even for a Fortune Lady deck, people tend to recommend not running more than one Earth, as she's not really that hot. Her effect doesn't mesh as well with the others' as it could, but even so, the amount of times my ass has been saved by her is unbelievable. She just keeps getting bigger, and if you can prevent her from being destroyed long enough (Slip of Fortune, Bending Destiny etc) she's a handy beatstick that also does burn damage. Her attack maxes out at 4800, and then you can temporarily increase her to level 21 with three Time Passages (if you feel like it) which burns for 1200 damage and bumps her attack up to 8400 until the end of the turn. It's crazy! Not terribly versatile, but crazy.
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Just for reference... levels of monsters cannot increase beyond 12 even with card effects that do so temporarily. : x

Also, new(ly discovered) awesome!

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.

Last edited by Cirrus; March 25th, 2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
Well, if there's one thing that is super special awesome, its this:

Spoiler:

Delta Accel Synchro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, you can negate the Summon of a monster, and destroy it. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can select 1 "T.G." monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it.

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist
Old April 13th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

^Can't Halberd Cannon just instantly die to any common monster removal card though? Only reason it posed such a threat to Yusei is cos virtually nobody in anime-world seems to have good removal cards...

Spoiler:

This dude exudes awesomeness in a plant deck. If you can get the Gemini effect you can bring back whatever you need from your graveyard to suit your current situation. Plus, if you have a Lonefire there, then you have the abillity to bring out anything in your deck too.

Old April 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM
quilt
Beginning Trainer

No Images due to being under 15 posts but.

Malefic Rainbow Dragon, Just due to the potential it gives a deck that is already exceptionally good at rendering OTKs.

Atk4000/Def0

This card cannot be Normal summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by removing from play 1 "Rainbow Dragon" from your hand or Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. Other monsters you control cannot declare attack.

PKM White FC: 1807 1598 1583
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
Its a meh, Malefic card. A better one would have to be this:

Spoiler:

Amazing and utterly necessary for any Malefic Deck, and it looks shmexy too! Rainbow dragon doesn't even compare to this.

@Diablerie, how many other cards are removed by simple removal cards, e.g. Stardust by D.Prison, Red Nova the same, most cards in any deck are removed by Mirror Force, so Halberd Cannon can't be marked down for that. Another awesome card would have to be:

Spoiler:

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can activate this effect to remove from play up to one card each from each of your opponent's hand, field and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random)

How epic is that really? Looks utterly sexy, and has an insanely awesomesauce effect (knowing how quite a few decks get down to one or two cards in hand often), being the most annoying thing to appear later-game. One of these is beastly. Two or three is just mental!

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist

Last edited by *Firestar*; April 28th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Trishula is really good in any extra deck... I bring it out really easily (my deck synchros easily but still) and it's effect kills scary cards. A good amount of ATK and a nice art/shininess/appeal. Wish I had it irl.

(click to read decription etc)
Heck yes.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Cirrus

Tengu is OP.

Prediction of it going to 2 AT LEAST WHEN IT'S RELEASED IN THE OCG.

: <

Even if you waste two pieces of removal (or whatever) it is STILL SOMEHOW WORTH IT. +1s with almost unerring certainty.

An old find and an anticipatory thought.

Protector of the Founders, Tyrus
Rank 5 - LIGHT
Angel/Exceed/Effect (Fairy, but... yeah OCG)
2600/1700

Quote:
2 Level 5 monsters
This card's effects can only be applied or activated while it has Xyz Material. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy the target. During each of your End Phases, Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
Rank 5 - DARK
Fiend / Exceed / Effect
2600 / 1700

Quote:
2 Level 5 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach a Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it.
They seem to be similar to each other (in terms of stats and orientation - one is an Angel and the other is a Fiend, and they both destroy stuff; Tyrus however is invulnerable and has to attack, and Adreus is more immediate).

TCG name for Tyrus: Tiras, Keeper of Genesis

They are both really good in Dark World.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Last edited by Cirrus; July 13th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Anyone else seen this in the new Shonen Jump? Pretty good, no?
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Apple Juice
who are you

My friend uses that in his Scrap deck, and he's topped many regionals, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's good.

From the new set.

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cirrus

Wisel is indeed amazing in Scraps; it's pretty much a sort-of Shien and a free absorber of Synchros to boot! It is just all around a solid card if your deck does work with it.

Pain Painter should make Zombies more viable; we'll see. I really like it though.

Also: a less well-known card (but ... ... what).

Spoiler:

A Hero Lives
Normal Spell
If you control no face-up monsters: Pay half of your Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck.

... Excuse me?

This plus Rabbit will make Gladiator Beasts extremely powerful. Tier 1 material, very possibly.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Last edited by Cirrus; August 12th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Apple Juice
who are you

Oh gosh. Return of the Gladiators would be a pretty interesting format. Nontheless, great card. You'll lose the game if you don't use it right though. -half your lp is not fun.

XYZ!

Old August 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Well, as of today, I started playing YGO again and I have my own deck after buying a box of the new set and trading off the cards to get my T1 zombie deck. So, this is a pretty important card and broken in the zombie deck:

Old August 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Cirrus

NOW YOU SEE HOW OP IT IS! HUEHUEHUEH- er yeah.

It's amazing. Also part of the reason Tour Guide will be / is super expensive.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 24th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Pre-ordered three of these. I like this card really, just so easy to bring out with Pyramid Turtle and at the start of the duel, pretty damn good with 4000 attack.
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I looked through this thread and Tour Guide from the Underworld wasn't mentioned. Eh, might as well put her in there:

Spoiler:
(on a random note: she's almost as cute as Kuriboh)

From what I've heard, TG is good in Fiend decks that revolve around Raviel, Lord of Phantasms, Ritual Summons or Xyz Summoning Rank 3 Xyz monsters. Shame that you can't use the summoned monster for Synchro Summons.

Old September 17th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Tour guide is still an incredibly good card even with the Xyz ruling reversal. It has a lot of versatility because it can search Sangan out as well as becoming an instant Xyz Rank 3. With Gold Sarc, you can special summon any level four or lower monster to the field with Leviair Dragon, which is huge in some decks (infernity springs to mind).

I expect a common opening play this format will be summon Tour guide, fetch Sangan, set a back row and pass. At this year's UK Nationals my round one opponent (who made it all the way to the finals, losing out to a Six Samurai deck) was running a Tour Guide plant deck and he made that opening play to me in games one and three. It's actually a very offensive oppening despite the fact that the monsters themselves only have 1000 attack. You have to be really cautious about that Sangan especially if you do not know what kind of deck the opponent is running. Sangan can search so many different cards so if you destroy it recklessly, you will be punished. I've personally experienced it so you can take my word for it.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Look look, it is the new expensive card.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Dem Rabbitz! Thankfully I don't require any. I wouldn't mind a playset of Tour Guide though V_V
Old November 16th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

This has to be useful for something more than Gods. I am struggling to think why it is a secret, but I picked up a 1st edition playset on ebay for £11! XD

Thoughts?
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Overrated in my opinion. It was designed to make rank 1 Xyz mainly.
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

I present to you, The Creator God of Light, Horakhty.

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters whose original (printed) names are "Obelisk the Tormentor", "The Winged Dragon of Ra" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The Special Summon of this card cannot be negated. The player that Special Summons this card wins the Duel."

Winning.
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Deadrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Spoiler:
I present to you, The Creator God of Light, Horakhty.

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters whose original (printed) names are "Obelisk the Tormentor", "The Winged Dragon of Ra" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The Special Summon of this card cannot be negated. The player that Special Summons this card wins the Duel."

Winning.
Stupid is what I see. I can see Phantom of Chaos coming in handy.

Old December 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadrocks View Post
Stupid is what I see. I can see Phantom of Chaos coming in handy.
Copying the name will not work in this instance. The card states that the sacrifices must have the "original printed name" on them.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here