The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM
irnstead123
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
RaiRai Dont say someone is a newbie just because they do something like that I have been on TPM since it first started so maybe your the newbie
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
LeGaLLiZe
Beginning Trainer

Well as of now Im only a beta tester so im not sure when id quit because Ive still got school and there isnt anything to test in the next couple of weeks so yeah.
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnstead123 View Post
RaiRai Dont say someone is a newbie just because they do something like that I have been on TPM since it first started so maybe your the newbie
He's telling the truth, you are all newbies, as you guys are new to this forum.

Old December 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Sara Yamamoto
Adult Dragon Master

Nature: Jolly
Hey Cless. I want to be an idea person.
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
JirachiFan99
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
If you wish to be a graphic artist, you'll need to post a reasonable amount of examples. You'll have to be fairly good to be accepted.
i made some shiny primals:
Dialga:
Palkia:
Groudon:
Kyogre:
Rayquaza:

when it's done, i'll send you a kyogusaur animation frame.

http://pkmnmoon.com/signup.php?s=46589 The Pokemon Moon RPG, a fun place where you can train pokemon, explore legendary areas, mines or just even hang out as you complete your pokedex!
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Urgh, you got your terms mixed up big time, same your your eyes, never quoted any body when it was to every body as guess what, every single person in this thread nearly is a newbie, don't know the meaning? Here it is: Newbie, someone who is new to the place not the other term 'noob' which is probably the one you thought I used.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirachiFan99 View Post
i made some shiny primals:
Dialga:
Palkia:
Groudon:
Kyogre:
Rayquaza:

when it's done, i'll send you a kyogusaur animation frame.
Hrm, no offence or anything intended, but you can't really call yourself a spriter if you're just doing a measly re-colour and the splicing of existing pokemon, that's just spriting 101, the basics to becoming a spriter.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cless
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Well by graphic artist, we don't really need any recoloring. We need actual fakemon, fusions, and whatever else I listed on the first page.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:38 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Quote:
One he wasn't talking about TPM, he was talking about "PC" or Pokecommunity.com.
Two he called you a noob because you are not suppose to ask for beta testing unless the creator/ owner asks for it.

Please read the forum rules before posting....
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Guys, try to keep discussion not related to the thread's topic out of the thread, alright?

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM
captain24
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Alright, added:

pokemonxd4
Hippo!
captain24
torcoal
keiversantos
LeGaLLiZe

And there are no more beta tester positions left. xP
Thank You SO MUCH!! I will not let you down!
Old December 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
JirachiFan99
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Well by graphic artist, we don't really need any recoloring. We need actual fakemon, fusions, and whatever else I listed on the first page.
Well, i can do fusions well. I'll make a few then PM them to you, as for the others, i can do tiles pretty well, i can fuse trainer sprites and overworlds alright.

http://pkmnmoon.com/signup.php?s=46589 The Pokemon Moon RPG, a fun place where you can train pokemon, explore legendary areas, mines or just even hang out as you complete your pokedex!

Last edited by JirachiFan99; December 12th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM
LittleMan
Beginning Trainer

Well guess I'm late but oh well I don't care that much.
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM
shineo6
Beginning Trainer

i can be a graphics artist i'll pm you my msn
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Cless
Beginning Trainer

Neku finished the sprites for Crystal Groudon, and I decided to make screenshots with them, so I'll post them here.

Old December 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
JirachiFan99
Beginning Trainer

I've finished my Kyogusaur frames, its only a prototype so i need a beta tester to test the animation to see if it all works well.

do they look alright, i'll work on the backsprites some other time.

PS. i didnt do a female one since i'm not sure as to whether it will be genderless or not.

Old December 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Cless
Beginning Trainer

Added info on becoming a graphic artist:
Spoiler:
To apply to be a graphic artist, post in this threat, with examples of your work. As many examples as you can preferably. You can post recolors, since having the ability to recolor is an invaluable skill, but the most important things at the moment are:

- map tiles (Pokémon Emerald style)
- fakemon/fusions (includes front sprites, back sprites [BW-style], and preferably icons)
- layout component designer (somebody who can basically make layout images, I guess... we have a layout but having multiple styles or something is nice)
- trainer sprites (for Story Mode characters)
- overworld sprites (namely for the custom trainer sprites)

Please don't feel bad if we're critical.

@JirachiFan99:
Well, we don't really need animated sprites. xD Also, it's not formatted correctly for how 2.0's animated spritesheets work. Here's one taken from TPM: http://www.tpmrpg.net/newtpm/images/...al/Pikachu.png (120x120 per sprite, 10 across, etc.)
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Nekomata
Neko

Added info on becoming a graphic artist:
Spoiler:
To apply to be a graphic artist, post in this threat, with examples of your work. As many examples as you can preferably. You can post recolors, since having the ability to recolor is an invaluable skill, but the most important things at the moment are:

- map tiles (Pokémon Emerald style)
- fakemon/fusions (includes front sprites, back sprites [BW-style], and preferably icons)
- layout component designer (somebody who can basically make layout images, I guess... we have a layout but having multiple styles or something is nice)
- trainer sprites (for Story Mode characters)
- overworld sprites (namely for the custom trainer sprites)

Please don't feel bad if we're critical.
I guess I should mention that I will be the one paying more attention to any one who wants to become a graphic artist. Do not be offended with my criticism or anything. I'm going to be harsh (cause I know Cless won't.), so don't be surprised if I sound a bit more, uh... harsh than usual? xD Just make sure you post sprites here so I can see them. -too lazy to check PMs-
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
DragonTamerChris
Beginning Trainer

Cless, I'd love to be one of the people who make ideas and criticize stuff you need criticism on. I can easily come up with ideas and I think I could be a great help. I'm also on the computer a lot so I'll make sure I stalk this place so I can comment on things as fast as you need me too.

If you are ever wondering what my username is on TPM, it is cannillo123. Though I'd prefer to be called Chris.

Last edited by DragonTamerChris; December 12th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Quote:
If you wish to be a graphic artist, you'll need to post a reasonable amount of examples. You'll have to be fairly good to be accepted.

All beta tester positions are taken for now. Sorry.

LeGaLLiZe is a beta tester and want to be a graphic artist, so there's one slot left, I'm also good on recoloring, but I'm really lazy to do that, but if I still can't be a beta tester, I would like to be spriter (remember that I only can recoloring and bad on fusioning), i'll get proof later
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Nekomata
Neko

Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
LeGaLLiZe is a beta tester and want to be a graphic artist, so there's one slot left, I'm also good on recoloring, but I'm really lazy to do that, but if I still can't be a beta tester, I would like to be spriter (remember that I only can recoloring and bad on fusioning), i'll get proof later
We are going to need more than recoloring samples. Recoloring is merely a basic fundamental to spriting and is necessary for most other forms of spriting. Unfortunately, being good at recolors is not going to be enough to get a graphic artist position because we need more than recolors. (We have most recolors ready, actually.)

Feel free to post samples of recoloring, but posting other things will be much more helpful.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:11 AM
JirachiFan99
Beginning Trainer

cless i can help with maps, since i can easily get some good tools, i think i'm a more talented mapper than a spriter, as for fusions, give me a few pokemon/trainers to fuse and we'll see how it works out.

EDIT: Thx for the criticism for the BW style pointers, thought you might've needed some animated sprites, I remastered the kyogusaur frames a bit.

if you wanna see it:
remastered kyogusaur frames

Last edited by JirachiFan99; December 13th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Dhamsikamalli
Beginning Trainer

Can i be one of those idea people cos i managed to make a jailbreak for iphone and ipod touch with my epic ideas.

p.s my brother helped a bit

p.p.s ok maybe alot
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
We are going to need more than recoloring samples. Recoloring is merely a basic fundamental to spriting and is necessary for most other forms of spriting. Unfortunately, being good at recolors is not going to be enough to get a graphic artist position because we need more than recolors. (We have most recolors ready, actually.)

Feel free to post samples of recoloring, but posting other things will be much more helpful.
Hmm, I can do the others, but not that good, please look:
Spoiler:
Mewtwo + Lucario (old work)
Minun + Plusle
Dugduo (bad shading, I know)
Unown X + Unown O (= Arceus ring)
Pokeballs (old work)
Arceus ring for favicon

Non Pokemon:
Sonic the Hedgehog + Shadow the Hedgehog + Silver the Hedgehog (I was once a Sonic fans)
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Hippo!
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Neku finished the sprites for Crystal Groudon, and I decided to make screenshots with them, so I'll post them here.
Who is this Neku person Julie? =P
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here